Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr T Sringari (Gurgaon, India) Paras Hospital  (Read 41747 times)

Muse

Dr T Sringari (Gurgaon, India) Paras Hospital
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:57 AM »

General Information about Dr Sringari from Paras Hospital, Gurgaon, India .  Contact them for specific information and latest updates.

Note: please refer to our disclaimer about The Doctors Directory http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=55.0

LON Method

- Consultation comprises of interaction with Dr. Sringari & his staff, Hospital tour, Residential facility tour, meeting with patients. 

- Distraction rate is strictly recommended 1 mm per day  or lesser depending on bone consolidation. X ray is taken in every 15-30 days to determine correct distraction rate. Physiotherapy is strictly recommended during entire distraction process.  Entire process would highly depend on distraction achieved. In general it takes 6-8 months for entire procedure.

-  External fixator will be removed after required distraction and Internal nail will be locked under general anesthesia.  Internal nail would be removed after 18-24 months depending on solidification of bone at that time.

Cost

Package Cost for Limb lengthening surgery is 14000 USD.

Package cost covers Airport Taxi pick up & drop, consultation & Hospital Visit,  Surgery Cost,  5-10 days stay in hospital, 3 months stay in India, 3 months food, Power 24/7, High Speed Wi Fi Internet, AC , Physiotherapy Twice * 6 days, 24/7 caretakers, Nurse availability, Doctor Visit as required in a week, Medicines, X rays, Blood test,  Newspaper & Magazines, Any other required assistance.

Contact

Paras Hospital Gurgaon HR 12002 IN

Phone: +91 8130753737
Fax:  +91 8130753737
email: info@drsringari.com

Russianblues

Re: Dr T Sringari (Gurgaon, India) Paras Hospital
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 06:54:31 AM »

We have x-rays more often than that, also no one stays in the hospital for 10 days after surgery lol. Me and the last patient stayed 3 days. Also, physio is only once a day pre 2cm then after 2cm it's twice a day. But, told to do certain exercises by ourselves so I guess that can count as twice a day. 1mm or less...? Nearly everyone has turned 1.25mm or for some even 1.5mm at some point.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »

This was was posted in an unrelated thread, and I've decided to reply to it here so we can discuss it where people considering Dr. Sringari are more likely to read it.

Someone currently in Dr. Sringari's guesthouse posted something interesting on old forum  - something that supported the previous assertion by others that Dr. Sringari is not experienced in cosmetic lengthening/does not have the proper sub-specialty training background.

"And before everyone jumps a bandwagon here, let me just say that I have confirmed with Sringari's staff that he IS NOT an experienced LL surgeon when it comes to cosmetic cases. His bulk of experience comes from cases where the Ilizarov frame was a necessary procedure for the patient, not an elective one. I don't have a doubt about his abilities thus far, but remember we haven't even seen someone walk yet, so in a sense I do feel like a guinea pig in the nascent of his cosmetic LL endeavours. Another reason I mention this is because the guest house is already crowded. If he allows more patients than he currently has now then I think that is irresponsible on his part. You can only fit so many people into one house. That is unless he plans on getting a second one..."

I was never keen on Dr. Sringari. Even if I did get surgery with him and got out of my frames, I wouldn't feel right afterward. I mean you may feel okay immediately after lengthening, but can you really think to yourself that you won't develop arthritis in your ankles or dislocate your fibula or something like that later after getting a highly invasive surgery from someone whose own staff doesn't have faith in him? I consider myself an adrenaline junky in that I love bungee jumping, skydiving, etc., but I don't have any desire to trust my legs to someone whose own staff calls him inexperienced.

I don't think inexperience specifically with cosmetic LL is much of an issue.  LL is orthopedic surgery in one of its most simple forms, possibly its simplest.  It's not like plastic surgery which has its own unique skill set.  You're coming in with healthy legs, and all the doctor has to do is lengthen them without messing them up.  An orthopedic surgeon with extensive experience in fixing messed up legs is, in my opinion, possibly even more desirable than someone who spends all his time on straightforward cosmetic LL cases.

Everything orthopedic surgeons do is a big deal; it's one of the most difficult specializations in medical school.  There are a lot of warnings about LL and some doctors refuse to do it, but that would be true for any type of orthopedic surgery.  Imagine if there were some cosmetic benefit to getting hip replacement surgery.  Even the greediest quack surgeon probably wouldn't do it on a person with healthy hips.

Thoughts?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »

I don't think inexperience specifically with cosmetic LL is much of an issue.  LL is orthopedic surgery in one of its most simple forms, possibly its simplest.  It's not like plastic surgery which has its own unique skill set.  You're coming in with healthy legs, and all the doctor has to do is lengthen them without messing them up.  An orthopedic surgeon with extensive experience in fixing messed up legs is, in my opinion, possibly even more desirable than someone who spends all his time on straightforward cosmetic LL cases.

Everything orthopedic surgeons do is a big deal; it's one of the most difficult specializations in medical school.  There are a lot of warnings about LL and some doctors refuse to do it, but that would be true for any type of orthopedic surgery.  Imagine if there were some cosmetic benefit to getting hip replacement surgery.  Even the greediest quack surgeon probably wouldn't do it on a person with healthy hips.

Thoughts?

If I thought it was only a lack of experience in purely cosmetic lengthening, then I wouldn't find that as much of an issue. However, I haven't heard from anyone, nor have I seen anything online, showing that he has experience in Ilizarov methods like correcting bone deformities, malunions, non-unions, bone infections, etc. He's almost completely absent of online presence and from word of mouth he's primarily trained in knee replacement, something that his website seems to support as the majority of his few listed publications on his site have to deal with knee replacement. If one looks at his About page on his site, they'll see that limb lengthening and reconstruction is simply thrown in there. I haven't seen anything about his qualifications that show he's ever focused on external fixation with Ilizarov methods or taken an advanced external fixation course, and that's what makes me disregard him as an option for cosmetic lengthening (well that and his involvement in the Sysop financial agreement/Phantom fake diary thing, which is another topic).

Just as an example:

Dr. Sringari's site: http://www.drsringari.com/about-dr-sringari.html
Compared to Dr. Parihar's site: http://ilizarov.in/about-us/dr-mangal-parihar.html

I can better trust that Dr. Parihar would know what to do in worst case scenarios regarding lengthening because he focuses on Ilizarov methods and has case studies and qualifications ("post-doctoral fellowship in Ilizarov Techniques with Dr. Dror Paley") demonstrating that. On Dr. Sringari's site, there's nothing in his qualifications that show strong experience with Ilizarov methods. 

I know that Dr. Sringari is performing lengthening procedures on patients now, which counts as experience, though who's to say he's even performing them correctly where his patients won't have future problems? Can I rest easy with the feeling that I'll come out okay in the end undergoing lengthening with him? Probably not. Of course none of us are orthopedic surgeons and there's no way any of us here can say for sure whether a doctor is doing a procedure correctly or not since we don't have orthopedic training ourselves. But that's why it matters more to me to see some form of credentials that would support he's probably good at what he does, so I can be able to better trust the surgeon.

I don't think limb lengthening is all that simple of an orthopedic surgery judging from how many disasters there are of people getting crippled, reports of people having shin splints after surgery for years later, serious fractures, the risk of damaging blood vessels, and even accepting the possibility that you may need to get your legs amputated if the procedure is performed incorrectly (something Dr. Birkholtz even asserted is possible in a worst case scenario). For something this invasive, I need to be absolutely confident that my orthopedic surgeon not only has the proper medical qualifications, but is also ethical (also important for trust), and I don't get the impression that Dr. Sringari has either of those things. Maybe others have opposing views, but that's how I see it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:02:56 AM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BilateralDamage

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 05:30:55 AM »

I disagree with some of you guys- CLL is hugely different from any other LL.  They both exist for much different reasons and even require different techniques and procedures. There are doctors much more experienced in CLL that I would take any day over any regular LL surgeon who's well-experienced.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »

I'm starting to have doubts about my previous post in this thread.  I just went to that same guy's old forum  diary and found this quote:

"The other issue is my left leg. Mobility in my toes and ankle in this foot are limited. I could move my toe before, but right now I cannot, unless it is massaged and coerced to do so by someone else. When I bend the ankle, I can feel stress in both the upper and lower pins on the outer leg. Sringari said this will subside over time. He said the pins are through the muscle right now, which is what is causing the issue."

What the hell is Sringari doing putting pins through muscles?  Does he not know how to aim?  I personally saw and talked to ~30 foreign patients in Beijing and nobody had a pin through a muscle.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »

There was a post on Make Me Taller today where a user highlighted two contradictory statements made by patients of Dr.Sringari. Naturally, SysOp deleted it and edit some posts.

LL ForumorLife said the any statements about Dr. Sarinari's lack of experience is a misconception while Ashoka1 admitted that Dr. Sringari had no experience in cosmetic leg lengthening. Naturally, SysOp deleted it and edit Ashoka1's posts.

I think having Dr. Sringari on this list is madness as we don't know if he can lengthen someone's legs without fail.

You don't send an electrician to setup broadband in someone's home just because they both work with copper lines.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 02:36:17 AM »

There was a post on Make Me Taller today where a user highlighted two contradictory statements made by patients of Dr.Sringari. Naturally, SysOp deleted it and edit some posts.

LL ForumorLife said the any statements about Dr. Sarinari's lack of experience is a misconception while Ashoka1 admitted that Dr. Sringari had no experience in cosmetic leg lengthening. Naturally, SysOp deleted it and edit Ashoka1's posts.

I think having Dr. Sringari on this list is madness as we don't know if he can lengthen someone's legs without fail.

You don't send an electrician to setup broadband in someone's home just because they both work with copper lines.

I feel kind of bad for those on old forum  that have no idea this forum exists, because they continue to fall prey to the scams of that board. There was a post asking why there are so many Sringari diaries instead of Beijing diaries and a user responds with something like "Common sense. Why would you pay double for the same operation?" I'm just like...*headdesk*.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:51 AM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the post on old forum  I made about Dr Sringari not having extensive experience with cosmetic LL was deleted by sysop at my request. The reason being it was causing to much of a stir and I didn't want a bunch of questions pertaining to it being directed at me. I wrote it based off of vicarious information from this site as well as the email from his office desk which stated he's only done 33 cosmetic cases thus far. I never asked him during consultation how many he's done. Why? Perhaps, I was fearful of the answer at that time and was wanting this done. He took the time to allow me questions and I did not ask it. I'm here now and can only work to achieve a good outcome.

Regarding the pins through muscle, Dr Sringari came to see me this morning and I asked him about it. I didn't really catch the answer fully but I think he said through muscle is fine, as long as you avoid critical structures like nerves, tendons, ligaments. This worries me because I know the muscle is supposed to be avoided. I think the muscle was avoided on my right leg because I don't have that pin strain. It's the one pin on my left leg that feels like it's through muscle. He says it will calm down but I think it will need to be replaced. We'll see how it plays out.

http://www.boneschool.com/lower-limb/knee/tibia/ilizarov
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »

I feel kind of bad for those on old forum  that have no idea this forum exists, because they continue to fall prey to the scams of that board. There was a post asking why there are so many Sringari diaries instead of Beijing diaries and a user responds with something like "Common sense. Why would you pay double for the same operation?" I'm just like...*headdesk*.

It really does have to do with money though.  Beijing charged me $25,000 (eventually $26,500 with internal nail removal) and that was the absolute maximum I could afford.  Someone in my financial situation couldn't afford to go there anymore.  India is the cheap place now.

Polycrates.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 05:27:17 AM »

That's the boat I am in, man. Beijing outpriced me. I've already saved for two years and India was the only thing left for me. I wasn't living much of a life before so I came. Damn you, Beijing.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 05:45:47 AM »

It really does have to do with money though.  Beijing charged me $25,000 (eventually $26,500 with internal nail removal) and that was the absolute maximum I could afford.  Someone in my financial situation couldn't afford to go there anymore.  India is the cheap place now.

True. There are many orthopedic surgeons in India that have the kind of experience that Dr. Sringari does not, though. It would be to everyone's benefit to research more thoroughly rather than stick with the doctors on old forum . I found a big number of cosmetic surgeons in India after about an hour of googling, and that will give me much better options when I go to India this December for consultations. And in terms of price, Dr. Sringari is pretty expensive compared to the majority of orthopedic surgeons there.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 05:57:16 AM »

Ashoka,

That's pretty terrifying that he won't even admit to potentially damaging your muscle with the pin in your left leg.  I suggest you post that on old forum  so people know what they're dealing with.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the post on old forum  I made about Dr Sringari not having extensive experience with cosmetic LL was deleted by sysop at my request. The reason being it was causing to much of a stir and I didn't want a bunch of questions pertaining to it being directed at me. I wrote it based off of vicarious information from this site as well as the email from his office desk which stated he's only done 33 cosmetic cases thus far. I never asked him during consultation how many he's done. Why? Perhaps, I was fearful of the answer at that time and was wanting this done. He took the time to allow me questions and I did not ask it. I'm here now and can only work to achieve a good outcome.

Regarding the pins through muscle, Dr Sringari came to see me this morning and I asked him about it. I didn't really catch the answer fully but I think he said through muscle is fine, as long as you avoid critical structures like nerves, tendons, ligaments. This worries me because I know the muscle is supposed to be avoided. I think the muscle was avoided on my right leg because I don't have that pin strain. It's the one pin on my left leg that feels like it's through muscle. He says it will calm down but I think it will need to be replaced. We'll see how it plays out.

http://www.boneschool.com/lower-limb/knee/tibia/ilizarov

I saw your post on old forum  about Sringari's assistant surgeon saying the pin is not through the muscle but other fibrous tissues. I'm a little concerned for you as to why Sringari and his assistant are telling you two different things, since Sringari told you himself that the pin is through the muscle.

Polycrates.

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 02:22:02 AM »

As to the pins going through muscle, I got a definitive answer from the doctors today. Dr Sringari said that the pins
in a tibial fixation inevitably go through some muscle because of the nature of the muscles attachment to the bone. He said that the muscle which it is going through is fibrous (strands) and will react accordingly to the pin over time. I know Salameh's fixator is patented for the reason it goes straight to bone.

Doflamingo

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »

Is Dr Sringari better than Sarin? How is he compared to Sarin?

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »

I will send you both the real dr sarin and dr sringari with their respective hospitals .

http://www.parashospitals.com/find_doctor-speciality-Orthopedics+and+Joint+Replacement-name--search-Search.htm
This is doctor sringari's real profile
The link you see on the profile of dr sringari of This Limb Lengthening list was recently made .
http://www.drsringari.com/ this website was recently made and he claims to be an LL expert.
I never saw this website until recently.

http://www.actionhospital.com/opd.aspx
Click on the orthopeadic tab and you will see dr Amar Sarins profile . He is not even full time doctor there.
And look at his degree mbbs , ms only
But here on his personnal website http://www.drsarin.in/
He claims to be too much which he not even close to ... well can fool anyone through his own website .

So i hope u can make it out yourself ...
M trying to find a real LL doctor with good experience in india and i think
I have one in my mind but i wont say it until m too sure .

Doflamingo

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »

Which do u recommend? Since both aren't experts.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 04:50:04 AM »

Lol. I think you will be better of with Sringari since there are so many proofs showing how careless Dr Sarin is to his patients. But if you have a low and realistic goal like 4-5 cm per limb. I think you will do fine no matter which one you choose. Take a look at Crazy+6's video and you will know why most CLL surgeons recommend 5 cm per segment. It is the optimum number you could get from LL!!!!!

Machine

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »

well i will only post if i m 100% sure that the doctor is eligible for LL .
not like SysOp who is promoting doctors in MakeMeTaller website who are not at all experienced because he is doing business deal with them. i guess he's trying to earn money to do his arm lengthening yet he claims to be a millionare. So pathetic !!
SysOp was doing business with Dr Sarin and now with Dr Sringari.

i really wouldn't mind him doing business. i really wouldn't but the doctors he chose to do business are inexperienced.
this shows that MakeMeTaller admin SysOp dosent care about well being of LL Folks around the world , he only sees money nothing else. what a shame.
and he is still trusting those same people ie. Crazy+6   to make money .
i m angry because of that, i really trusted old forum  100% before but now fk you SysOp for ruining many people's life.

i really love this forum cause i can share anything i have in mind.
but in old forum  if you say something against the Admin SysOp then you will be blocked. there is no healthy discussion if you are not able to share your opinion with others. SysOp is like Saddam Hussain the dictator of MakeMeTaller but dont worry some day you will go down.

and yeah thanks for Dameon for making this forum.
i pity those who are still fooled by SysOp in old forum

Machine

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 07:34:55 AM »

Lol. I think you will be better of with Sringari since there are so many proofs showing how careless Dr Sarin is to his patients. But if you have a low and realistic goal like 4-5 cm per limb. I think you will do fine no matter which one you choose. Take a look at Crazy+6's video and you will know why most CLL surgeons recommend 5 cm per segment. It is the optimum number you could get from LL!!!!!
LL is not a Joke ... its not like if you lengthen 4-5cm you wont get complications. there are cases of nerve damage while installing the frame during the surgery. the angle of the pins should be correct. if the doctor is inexperience then how can you recommend him.
morover if there are any complication then how would you deal with it .

i already saw some posts that Dr Sringari dosn't know much about LL from is current patients but the posts were deleted,
maybe the patient don't want to piss Dr Sringari and his under the desk partners .

anyways dont trust old forum  and do your own research from every angle.
ie, doctor's Bio Data, frame , nail , complications , flexiblity , back to normal etc

don't take it lightly...be smart and enjoy your life.

Doflamingo

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »

old forum  is so full of fake diaries and BS. I'm starting to give up... I think Sarin is better but treatment is better in Sringari.

Machine

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

old forum  is so full of fake diaries and BS. I'm starting to give up... I think Sarin is better but treatment is better in Sringari.

they both are not qualified for LL ,ofcourse they have little knowledge cause they are orthopedic doctors but their speciality is not LL.
anything could happen for god's sake this is not a joke , its your life out there.
if these doctors can do LL i m sure you can ask any orthopedic doctor around the world to do LL.

Muse

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

I have received new information on both Doctors , will post them next week if I get agreement from my source.  It will be worth knowing for those considering surgery with either Doctors.

Doflamingo

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »

Thanks Daemon :).

Muse

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »

This is the opinion/observation of a Patient who went to India for Limb Lengthening,  so I am quoting the following message on the person's behalf.     

" The thing that separates all the myriad of doctors I've visited in India, with Western doctors is their illusionary belief that they are "supermen" and that surgery and complicated procedures are all easy and can be rushed.

I remember Dr, Sarin, before, used to brag to people that he can perform LL in 1 hour or less in an assembly line fashion...the thing was that patients were left with huge scars, or the Ilizarov frame was not installed properly leading to complications later on - You Must Place The Wires, Pin and Screws in the Correct Anatomical position to ensure comfort, protection, and proper distraction in LL.

Dr. Sringari is basically A Carbon Copy Of the Old Dr. Sarin. The position he puts his wires are the Same as Sarin, which will lead to patients developing complications...I had to learn all this the hard way....

For example, the proximal fibula head must be fixated with a delicate surgical hand precisely...this is very important to ensure same distraction lengths of both the tibia bones and the fibula bones on both legs... Failure to do the correct fixation with a 3mm or 4 mm half pin; or a screw going in at the Proper angle, will lead to X-Legs / Valgus complications later on...

I see this complication happening already under LL4Life's legs on his X-Rays...X-Legs short term will lead to not being able to walk/balance properly, and long term lead to early arthritis and joint replacement. But the problem is....fixating the proximal lateral fibula head requires delicate and precise skill of a surgeon, and the appropriate Time for correct measurements given to patient's....

You know the carpenter's motto: "Measure twice, cut once"...well in India, most Doctors it's either "measure once (quickly) and do...or No Measurements At All, and just relying on their "instinctive powers to know where to place the pins/screws/or olive ball head wire (for stopping migration of bone...and not just a normal, cheap, "India" wire.)

Failure to do proper fixation of the proximal, lateral fibula head will lead to complications of X-legs, which in short term be inability to walk properly due to balance issues... and long term, lead to Misalignment and its resulting early onset of arthritis and and potential joint replacement. Or, worst, you can experience Fibula migration (basically, your fibula bone dislocates out of it's original joint socket and migrates down into the interreous membrane...

The knee is a very complicated joint...it is kept in balance by 5 ligaments (yes, a new 5th ligament was recently discovered,) but the other 4 ligaments are the A.C.L., P.C.L., M.C.L., and the Lateral Collateral Ligament, which is attached to the fibula head...they are work in sync, sort of like a table balancing on 4 (or 5 legs).  If one of the legs were stretched out and longer then the other legs, it would create balancing issues...

So see, just 2 ways complications could occur without proper fixation...either with fibula migration and decreased/little to no X-Legs...or more X-legs and less fibula migration... In all, if you originally had pristine, perfect, Straight Legs beforehand, they will Not Be Perfectly in sync with the old techniques of Ilizarov employed by these India doctors..

Worst, is that sometimes the India doctors try to do this, and the miss their small target of locking the fibula head, then they can either rupture the Peroneal Nerve, or cause a palsy, or entrapment from improperly placed wires which will lead to Paralysis of the lower leg.

So, these unskilled doctors don't tell you this, but these are the risks involved. But, other Western trained doctors are skilled in this matter,moment examples are Dr. Paley and Dr. lee... Walk6, one of Doctor Donghoon's patients, who was trained under Dr. Paley, makes mention of this briefly in his diary about proper surgical techniques.

I sincerely hope SysOp/Apotheosis/Christian from New York did not get his hands over Dr. Donghoon's and try to make some under the table deal with the doctor for advertising privileges. A month or so ago, he mentioned something about added Donghoon's to the recommended Doctors list, and that he would also help "Invest his own money in opening a Guesthouse" for Dr. Donghoon....no one "invests" in something without expecting some return later on...

It looks like the deal may not have gone through because it looks like Dr. Donghoon was not yet added to the recommended list, or list the opening of a guesthouse...probably because he was smart enough and not greedy enough and Cared About His Patients Well Being to keep the patients at the hospital, like it's suppose to be, to treat complications and give proper Medical care....rather then stick them in some run down flat/apartment where the patients will, for the most part, be under the treatment or influence of other unqualified quakes."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:54:41 PM by Admin »

Machine

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

This is the opinion/observation of a Patient who went to India for Limb Lengthening,  so I am quoting the following message on the person's behalf.     

" The thing that separates all the myriad of doctors I've visited in India, with Western doctors is their illusionary belief that they are "supermen" and that surgery and complicated procedures are all easy and can be rushed.

I remember Dr, Sarin, before, used to brag to people that he can perform LL in 1 hour or less in an assembly line fashion...the thing was that patients were left with huge scars, or the Ilizarov frame was not installed properly leading to complications later on - You Must Place The Wires, Pin and Screws in the Correct Anatomical position to ensure comfort, protection, and proper distraction in LL.

Dr. Sringari is basically A Carbon Copy Of the Old Dr. Sarin. The position he puts his wires are the Same as Sarin, which will lead to patients developing complications...I had to learn all this the hard way....

For example, the proximal fibula head must be fixated with a delicate surgical hand precisely...this is very important to ensure same distraction lengths of both the tibia bones and the fibula bones on both legs... Failure to do the correct fixation with a 3mm or 4 mm half pin; or a screw going in at the Proper angle, will lead to X-Legs / Valgus complications later on...

I see this complication happening already under LL4Life's legs on his X-Rays...X-Legs short term will lead to not being able to walk/balance properly, and long term lead to early arthritis and joint replacement. But the problem is....fixating the proximal lateral fibula head requires delicate and precise skill of a surgeon, and the appropriate Time for correct measurements given to patient's....

You know the carpenter's motto: "Measure twice, cut once"...well in India, most Doctors it's either "measure once (quickly) and do...or No Measurements At All, and just relying on their "instinctive powers to know where to place the pins/screws/or olive ball head wire (for stopping migration of bone...and not just a normal, cheap, "India" wire.)

Failure to do proper fixation of the proximal, lateral fibula head will lead to complications of X-legs, which in short term be inability to walk properly due to balance issues... and long term, lead to Misalignment and its resulting early onset of arthritis and and potential joint replacement. Or, worst, you can experience Fibula migration (basically, your fibula bone dislocates out of it's original joint socket and migrates down into the interreous membrane...

The knee is a very complicated joint...it is kept in balance by 5 ligaments (yes, a new 5th ligament was recently discovered,) but the other 4 ligaments are the A.C.L., P.C.L., M.C.L., and the Lateral Collateral Ligament, which is attached to the fibula head...they are work in sync, sort of like a table balancing on 4 (or 5 legs).  If one of the legs were stretched out and longer then the other legs, it would create balancing issues...

So see, just 2 ways complications could occur without proper fixation...either with fibula migration and decreased/little to no X-Legs...or more X-legs and less fibula migration... In all, if you originally had pristine, perfect, Straight Legs beforehand, they will Not Be Perfectly in sync with the old techniques of Ilizarov employed by these India doctors..

Worst, is that sometimes the India doctors try to do this, and the miss their small target of locking the fibula head, then they can either rupture the Peroneal Nerve, or cause a palsy, or entrapment from improperly placed wires which will lead to Paralysis of the lower leg.

So, these unskilled doctors don't tell you this, but these are the risks involved. But, other Western trained doctors are skilled in this matter,moment examples are Dr. Paley and Dr. lee... Walk6, one of Doctor Donghoon's patients, who was trained under Dr. Paley, makes mention of this briefly in his diary about proper surgical techniques. "
very useful info , i Appreciate and thank you for this info . i wish i knew about this before i did my LL .

Doflamingo

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »

Damn... Is there fcking anyone who can do ll properly for a decent price!?

GetTallOrGoGay

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

Nothing here scares me, I'm still going through with LL in India, life as a short (165cm) man is not a life worth living.

Machine

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »

Nothing here scares me, I'm still going through with LL in India, life as a short (165cm) man is not a life worth living.

this helpless motivation to do LL is the reason they are taking advantage of everything ... !!

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

Hi guys, i appreciate the concern into the well being of potential LL patients. I think u guys should reserve the criticism towards Dr Sringari, at least wait for the outcome of current patients before commenting anything. There's 3 of us who had our frames removed and 2 of us are already starting to walk (with support, of course ) and full weight bearing. Wait for another month or 2 then u guys will have a true idea of Dr Sringari's ability. I am neutral in this matter, i just look at results. So please, be patient.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up