Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What keeps you paralysed if Limb lengthening fails?  (Read 8288 times)

sadboy

What keeps you paralysed if Limb lengthening fails?
« on: November 15, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »

This issue is the only thing that stops me from actually doing LL in the future. I am sure that I actually want to do it but being unable to walk is actually a big thing. How do you believe it happens during this surgery? Is a certain type of vein cut?
Please explain if you know anything about this topic, thank you

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: What keeps you paralysed if Limb lengthening fails?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »

Yeah, not being able to walk is a VERY big thing.  Not being able to see is even worse, yet people still get LASIK.  Dying in a plane crash is even worse than those two, yet people still get on airplanes and fly.  The worst case scenario of anything is always going to be horrible.  Just know that the worst case is very rare.

When I was in Beijing I heard that two people had been crippled by Dr. Xia back in the 1980s.  But he's had thousands of successful cases in his long career.  The clinic's website says 1500 cases but that number hasn't been updated since I went there in 2007.  And it was probably put up long before then.  Probably 2500-3000 cases as of 2013 is more accurate.  Still just two cripples.

I have no specific knowledge of the cases where people have been crippled by LL, but my guess is it would have something to do with tendon/ligament damage, or severe nerve damage.  If a major artery/vein is cut then you'll die, so that's not what causes crippling.

Russianblues

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »

I'm confused how someone as ignorant as you has acquired enough wealth to go with Guichet?

"is a certain type of vein cut?"

Are you for real? I don't want to come across as hostile but you have got to be taking the piss.

sadboy

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »

Yeah, not being able to walk is a VERY big thing.  Not being able to see is even worse, yet people still get LASIK.  Dying in a plane crash is even worse than those two, yet people still get on airplanes and fly.  The worst case scenario of anything is always going to be horrible.  Just know that the worst case is very rare.

When I was in Beijing I heard that two people had been crippled by Dr. Xia back in the 1980s.  But he's had thousands of successful cases in his long career.  The clinic's website says 1500 cases but that number hasn't been updated since I went there in 2007.  And it was probably put up long before then.  Probably 2500-3000 cases as of 2013 is more accurate.  Still just two cripples.

I have no specific knowledge of the cases where people have been crippled by LL, but my guess is it would have something to do with tendon/ligament damage, or severe nerve damage.  If a major artery/vein is cut then you'll die, so that's not what causes crippling.

That made me feel better, and you are right. A woman stayed paralysed in my country because she did the height surgery that's why I got concerned a bit.

I'm confused how someone as ignorant as you has acquired enough wealth to go with Guichet?

"is a certain type of vein cut?"

Are you for real? I don't want to come across as hostile but you have got to be taking the piss.

Ignorant? For me to be able to go to Guichet means I am smart enough to have succeeded and have a good job. And I am a human being, of course I can be worried of being paralysed, who wants not to be able to walk again? This might seem a stupid question but it is a serious topic.

Russianblues

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:50 PM »

That's what I mean. Someone who has clearly achieved some success and managed to save a decent amount lacks common knowledge found in most 10 year olds. I hope this misunderstanding is a function of your poor English rather than benightedness.

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 04:06:44 AM »

You have to do your reading about LL.

Every surgery is a risk and you CAN die, but the risk is very low.

If you are a healthy person you will do alright with Guichet.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

alps

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »

Will you have a consultation with Dr. G anytime soon, sadboy?
I think a consultation is something you will have to do regardless of what any of us say.

alps

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »

RussianBlues, please don't be rude pal. He is obviously not a troll and seems quite serious about LL.

Russianblues

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »

If he was serious about LL he would go and do his due diligence rather than just make a different thread for everyone of his random thoughts regarding the procedure.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »

I reckon I knew the functions of veins when I was a pre-pub. I can remember my friends and I discussing the blue/purple lines in our arms and we knew from either school, or whatever, that they were used to pump blood and didn't really have a major role in our bodies, least not one vein anyway. We also knew that veins weren't as important as arteries. Never for one second did we believe that damaging a vein would lead to paralysis.

You clearly have a lot to learn about human biology and you could've found this out all by yourself Googling some words.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:31:33 PM by FrankGarrett »

LLL

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »

Of course everyone should do their reading. But still, we could be nicer and actually cut newbies some slack if we want this community to thrive. Or they could end up going to old forums that may not be as good for them in the long run, you know what I'm talking about...

Some people prefer to create conversations about the things they wonder about, others are skilled in and prefer to do their own research and might just ask for help when it's something very specific. We've all got different personalities and backgrounds. Besides, not everyone knows what to search for, not everyone knows enough about basic anatomy even though they can be highly educated and intelligent, not everyone has English as their first language, etc. And after all, what better place to ask basic questions like this than a forum dedicated to leg lengthening?

Basically, if you don't have a respectful answer to a question you consider "too basic", then don't answer at all, that's my opinion.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »

Of course everyone should do their reading. But still, we could be nicer and actually cut newbies some slack if we want this community to thrive. Or they could end up going to old forums that may not be as good for them in the long run, you know what I'm talking about...

Some people prefer to create conversations about the things they wonder about, others are skilled in and prefer to do their own research and might just ask for help when it's something very specific. We've all got different personalities and backgrounds. Besides, not everyone knows what to search for, not everyone knows enough about basic anatomy even though they can be highly educated and intelligent, not everyone has English as their first language, etc. And after all, what better place to ask basic questions like this than a forum dedicated to leg lengthening?

Basically, if you don't have a respectful answer to a question you consider "too basic", then don't answer at all, that's my opinion.

I completely agree.  "Read the FAQs before posting or it is SPAM" is old forum 's policy.  New members can't start discussions or send private messages there.  Their hostility to newbies, I hope, will be one of the things that brings down that lousy forum.

We should be different here at LL Forum.  We need to welcome questions that newbies post, even if they seem silly to us.  I recently had a PM conversation with Dameon on this very subject, which resulted in "and Questions" being added to this subforum's name.  It was called just "General Limb Lengthening Discussion" a week ago.

Russianblues

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »

You guys are really defending this thread? I don't really care honestly but the core reason for a forum is group learning. I think a good moderation method would be to ask for every thread "will answering this question assist others", otherwise you are catering to one person and spamming a forum for a question that could have simply been researched independently.

In this case I think we can all agree this kid is the only person who could possibly be so completely clueless at human biology. No one is going to get anything from reading this thread.

sadboy

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »

Will you have a consultation with Dr. G anytime soon, sadboy?
I think a consultation is something you will have to do regardless of what any of us say.

Hello short_and_depressed,

Yes, I will contact Dr. G and I am even planning on visiting him when I go to the UK after some time (maybe around 7 months). I will use the Channel Tunnel and there I will be, in France! As you mentioned, I am actually serious about this, I am going to do LL 100% I will not turn back and I always wanted to be taller since it affected me very much.

Muse

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »

I support newcomers/newbies questions if it helps clarify their concerns.  Some people may have specific doubts, or a certain perspective of looking at things.   

What is obvious & common sense for you may not apply to everyone and the vice versa is true.  We all have different level and range of knowledge about this subject, so help each other by sharing the information, that's the really constructive thing to do.

Please remember that you may have asked somebody a question that they felt was too obvious, only difference is they didn't jump on you for it.  That's it.

The last thing we need is people talking down to others based on a perceived superiority of knowledge, just like how the other place is run, with titles like "Prophet" "Warrior" "Expert"  for ego stroking.     

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »

The worst case scenario is truly horrific. So it requires constant vigilance and even then.
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up