Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions to make this a more user friendly website  (Read 10803 times)

Who

• Visitor
Suggestions to make this a more user friendly website
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »

Dameon-

Please consider making the following changes to this forum to help make it more user friendly and feel more like a community that we are all used to, just better!

1. Allow the 10 most recent threads that were posted in to be viewed on the home page under forum stats.

2. Allow everyone to see who is online and what topics they are viewing by clicking on the icon under users online on the homepage.

3. Allow everyone to see who is on a thread . When i click on a thread it's useful to see who else is on that thread. Sometimes on old forum  there will be 10+ people logged onto a thread so you want to stay on that thread to see what happens. More of a community feel.

4. Activate the youtube function so people can post youtube videos directly onto the forum without just posting a link.

This is an awesome forum and I think using the same simple machines forum like old forum  was a great idea! I think my suggestions will only make this forum even better and help lose that isolation feel. Thanks!

Who

• Visitor
Re: Suggestions to make this a more user friendly website
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »

1. Allow the 10 most recent threads that were posted in to be viewed on the home page under forum stats.

I meant above forum stats with the title Recent Posts on the homepage. It shows the 10 most recent threads where people have posted.

handy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »

These are great ideas Rodosil!

I love this forum too but at times it does feel lifeless. 

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »

These are great ideas Rodosil!

I love this forum too but at times it does feel lifeless.

Good suggestions from Rodosil, I agree.

Speaking of lifelessness though, I don't think it feels all that lifeless currently, especially when you compare it to the current state of old forum . In its heyday, old forum  was extremely active. Now with the current admin's attitude and actions, it seems the site has died down a lot and the only ones who really post a lot are the ones who continue to kiss Sysop's butt and ignore that he's screwing them over - i.e. trying to convince people he's making LL more affordable by having Dr. Sringari introduced despite the fact that Sringari charges double what multiple other doctors in India charge for combination internal/external methods (and actually have a CLL background to boot). Of course who could blame Sringari for charging more when you factor in that Sysop gets a percentage from every patient Sringari has been getting.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:04:31 PM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

handy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »

By lifeless I meant not being able to see when other people are on a thread or what the most recent threads are that people have posted in. Those things make old forum  feel like it has more life.  If Dameon put those in place here it would help this forum tremendously!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:12:14 PM »

Right. Well the changes suggested are pretty good. Now that we have 140+ people I highly doubt that this forum will be abandoned. I see a good future for this site.

Rivers

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

These are excellent suggestions by Rodosil!

Why hasn't Dameon even posted or responded to this thread since he was logged in yesterday and posted in a different thread?

It would take all of 15-20min to do what Rodosil suggested and would absolutely make this more user friendly and definitely a more dynamic, fun and community forum!

LLL

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »

Why hasn't Dameon even posted or responded to this thread since he was logged in yesterday and posted in a different thread?

It would take all of 15-20min to do what Rodosil suggested and would absolutely make this more user friendly and definitely a more dynamic, fun and community forum!

What's up with that impatient and demanding tone, Rivers? This is a free forum run on a voluntary basis and this thread is only a day old. Just because he's been logged in and active otherwise doesn't mean he's ready with a reply to this or have even had time to read this thread yet. Or maybe he's implementing these suggestions right now as we speak. Either way I suspect he like most others has a life outside of this forum.

Muse

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »

Pretty much what old forum PartyLeaks said,  for anyone wondering about the not so immediate response to the thread.   

I will implement the suggestions by Rodosil over the next few days as they are very good and will help the forum.   Appreciate it. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:59:48 AM by Admin »

handy

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »

Pretty much what old forum PartyLeaks said,  for anyone wondering about the not so immediate response to the thread.   

I will implement the suggestions by Rodosil over the next few days as they are very good and will help the forum.   Appreciate it.

Dameon please finish with these suggestions from Rodosil. There still is no way to post youtube videos directly. There still is no way to know who else is on a thread and the homepage does not show the 10 most recent posts. These are excellent ideas that would really help this forum!

Muse

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »

It's all implemented now, so we'll see how it works out over the next week. 

handy

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

It's all implemented now, so we'll see how it works out over the next week.

It's working out great since this forum already set the record for most people online ever!!  Great job Rodosil for the suggestions!

I still can't post youtube videos directly though. There is a flash icon but when I use it the same way as posting youtube videos directly it doesn't work. How does the flash icon work to post youtube videos directly?

Rivers

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »

Excellent work Rodosil! Most online ever immediately after the changes were made to the forum! The more life and community feel this forum has the more people will flock here instead of that corrupt, money making scam of old forum ! The proof is in the pudding!

Handy is right, i just tested to see if I could post a youtube video directly and it doesn't work with the flash icon. Usually there is a specific youtube icon that makes it very easy and straightforward to post a youtube video.

handy

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »

Dameon-

Please add the youtube icon so I can directly post youtube videos. The flash icon is not working for posting youtube videos. I plan on posting tons of videos for my LL experience on this forum.

Muse

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »

You got what you asked for  ;)

Just Paste Youtube link into post and it'll work.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:36:08 PM by Admin »

handy

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »

Got it working! Thank you!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »

I could make a favicon (that tiny pic that shows up on site window bars) as well.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »

Add a new class "Leg Lengthening Doctor".

I know we don't want to go down the slippery slope that old forum  did, but we want to encourage doctors to post here and give their insight.  There should also be a way for them to confirm with you their identity.

Gichelu

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »

Could we be allowed to make the avatar on the corner a larger size? I think max size right now is too small.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

G-Man

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »

And how about a chat room?  I think it'd be cool!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up