Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need general advice for my situation from LL experts. Also, im new :P  (Read 13467 times)

jamesizu

So I finally figured out how to post! I'm quite proud of myself  8)

So here's my deal: I plan on going over to Dr. Sarin to get my tibia lengthened 7.5 cm, and my femure lengthened 7.5 cm. From there I will get a little arm lengthening just to smooth things over. I am willing to stay over there for a year and a half +. I realize this will be expensive, however I am heading towards being a dentist. (Really good pay) Medical school more often than not gets its students in debt, but I have heard many times that the debt is worth the career as you will be able to pay the debt off with the amount of money you'll be making. I'll just add on my LL expenses to the medical school expenses. (I will be doing 4 semesters of online college at the facility. Kill two birds with one stone :)

My question is, will six inches (three inches for both leg segments, throw off my proportions despite arm lengthening?
Does Dr. Sarin perform external or internal? Or both?
Any news on Dr. Sarin even preforming arms? And if not, who does?
Are there any doctors who are less expensive than Dr. Sarin but trust worthy?

Also, I am 5'8. I will be 6'2 with six added inches.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: I need general advice for my situation from LL experts. Also, im new :P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »

Any LL throws off your proportions, it's all a matter of degree.  I think you'd look fine with 6 inches, probably just like a long-legged tall guy.  You might be just as happy with 4 or 5 inches though.  6' and 6'1 are good heights to be.

Dr. Sarin does both internal and external, although he just started with internals so you might want to wait and see how the first patients come out of it before taking that plunge.

Disobedient's doctor would probably do it for less and I'm sure there are others if you looked.  Dr. Sarin is the least expensive doctor I'd go to though.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »

What's your wingspan?

Rule of thumb: don't exceed your height more than 5 cm over your wingspan if you are anal about proportions.

jamesizu

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »

My wingspan is like, 5'7. An inch less than my height.

Russianblues

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »

Will be more than impressed with your mental fortitude if you manage to complete all of that whilst doing uni. Just to confirm you are doing quadrilateral to do this in 18 months?

BilateralDamage

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »

My wingspan is like, 5'7. An inch less than my height.

You're already at a disadvantage with your shorter wingspan.  My advice would be to do your femurs first (if you're doing 7.5 cm on them, you would be 10 cm taller than your wingspan, which is the real max you should go).  Then do AL, and then tibia lengthening.  This process will be long and arduous, no way you can get this all done in uni.

jamesizu

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »

If my proportions aren't obviously off and I can walk around the beach with a shirt off, I won't care. Besides, everybody has imperfect proportions. I know guys with too long arms, short legs etc. :) plus I'm bulking up right now in preparation for the surgery. Lotsa leg and arm workouts as well as Achilles tendon stretches :). When I'm tall, I'll simply beef up in the gym again so I won't be a noodle. (I'll look less "off" when bulked (im assuming).

jamesizu

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »

Just checked my wingspan. Its 5'8

Sweden

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 02:51:27 PM »

This would be nice to follow.

I would guess it will take around 3-4 years to get back to even close to as before.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

jamesizu

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »

3-4 years to get back go what as before?  ???

LLL

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »

3-4 years to get back go what as before?  ???

The normal and basic functioning of your limbs that you have now.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »

Jamesizu I think you need to do a lot more reading on these forums and also makemetaller forum (http/www link edit).  Your goals are too ambitious and you're underestimating how much recovery goes into these types of surgeries (recoveries which may never even fully heal your body).  If this advice means nothing to you, then I'm afraid I can't give you much other advice.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 04:27:21 PM by Admin »

jamesizu

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22:48 PM »

Bilateraldamage, I could always take breaks in between each lengthening surgery. Does that still sound too ambitious?  :-\

Arche

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »

LL sorts reminds me of college, where at the beginning, everyone wants to double and triple major. Then, once they try balancing internships/work and class they know having one major is enough. Not to dissuade the OP, but I always wanted double lengthening with arm lengthening. Now, I will be happy getting 7.5 cm and being 5'9". It's really easy to just say what you want, but to actually do it is way different.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »

LL sorts reminds me of college, where at the beginning, everyone wants to double and triple major. Then, once they try balancing internships/work and class they know having one major is enough. Not to dissuade the OP, but I always wanted double lengthening with arm lengthening. Now, I will be happy getting 7.5 cm and being 5'9". It's really easy to just say what you want, but to actually do it is way different.

Totally, and not just with the lengthening either.  Lots of people had all these goals they were going to accomplish during all this free time they'd have while they were lengthening.  It never happened, they just watched TV most of the time due to lack of energy and ability to concentrate.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »

Do tibial lengthening and then arm lengthening. Dr. Sarin is unproven at femoral lengthening, but I think you only have enough time to do tibial lengthening and arm lengthening anyway - you'll need a break of a year or so between tibial lengthening and recovery and femoral lengthening. You'll realise this when you get there, most newbies want all kinds of lengthening in a short space of time when they first hear of this type of surgery, but either change their mind when reading dairies or experiencing LL for themselves. 

Your targets are very ambitious, but I'd love to see you pull it off. You may have to do you femurs somewhere else, though. A few guys here are considering Dr. Jamal in Kiev - I'm one of them, but I'm in no rush.

jamesizu

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 04:49:30 PM »

So you guys are saying its practically impossible to study online and take a few tests? Thats all I am planning to doing while lengthening with SOME of my free time. I suppose the pain is can be too distracting for concentration at times, though. That's what Disobedient said happened to her. I doubt I'm the rare exception. But never say never. Right?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

So you guys are saying its practically impossible to study online and take a few tests? Thats all I am planning to doing while lengthening with SOME of my free time. I suppose the pain is can be too distracting for concentration at times, though. That's what Disobedient said happened to her. I doubt I'm the rare exception. But never say never. Right?

Right, there are exceptions.  Lumberjack on old forum  actually got a job in Beijing that he regularly left the hospital to go to.

Russianblues

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »

Can confirm many came with things they wanted to complete while lengthening yet never got touched, myself included. Another common trend seems to be coming wanting 7.5cm, but revising that down during lengthening.

James have you actually thought about laying in bed practically immobilized for a year+? I get a similar vibe from you that I had before doing this. If so you are in for a rude awakening when it actually comes down to the day to day monotony and absolute dependence on those around you.  It doesn't take long to think that perhaps any benefit of being taller could have easily been overcome and your left thinking what the fk you are doing in a foreign country with four broken bones. The beginning is definitely harder, but, you couldn't pay me to do a second surgery (I had a similar starting height as you). I feel like your skipping to the end without accounting for a long and arduous road ahead to get there.

It's not only the pain, my roommate has an exam soon he hasn't studied at all for. He tells me he hasn't started because his concentration is just not there and I can totally relate. I will reiterate again that if you complete all these goals you have I will be seriously impressed and would think you have a great mindset to be successful in life.

jamesizu

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »

@ RussianBlues

Haha "what the F am I doing in  foreign country".

I've actually had that thought many times, like, "what the heck am I thinking? Going to some random country to have my legs broken for a year."

Its a ridiculous thought. But that's what it takes. Freakin Paley and his million dollar surgeries -__-

Doflamingo

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

Hehehe we're in the same situation.
I'll give details later how i'd fix it.

Disobedient

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »

hey james may I scare you little bit

if you gonna do the femur+tibia+arm, then your situation will be quite similar to next pic

which I can imagine it will be fine if you tolerant the pain ,  but I can't imagine you study in such a situation

BilateralDamage

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »

hey james may I scare you little bit

if you gonna do the femur+tibia+arm, then your situation will be quite similar to next pic

which I can imagine it will be fine if you tolerant the pain ,  but I can't imagine you study in such a situation

Doflamingo

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »

Ok as promised:

Next year I'll go to the university and here at the end of the year I get a 2 and a half month break (vacation).

That's the time when I'll do my surgery.
But since I'm 5'2" male and weight only 52kg atm, I'll try to lose more weight so the rods will be able to manage my weight thus making "walking" easier and faster.

Going for 4-5cm tibias and 4-5cm femurs.
Since my tibias are small I'll do them first.

1mm/day for 5cm = 2 months if it goes alright.
1 week is lost because the the surgery and 1 week again is lost because of the removal of externals. Leaving me with a few days left (less than a week before uni starts).

I'll fly back to my homeland and I'll be JUST in time. Then from that moment on I'll just go to uni with or without crutches.

Now here is my backup plan: in my country you are NOT forced to go to the uni even when signed.
So I can always just go to school for the important learning materials and study at home when I'm comfortable.

I'll also make sure my doctor gives me a valid reason paper to the uni to proof my absence.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:19:43 PM by Doflamingo »

jamesizu

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 12:10:07 AM »

@Disobedient

I'm not doing them all at the same time!!! For all that is holy I don't wanna die!! BAHAHAHA
Pages: [1]   Go Up