Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did she not notice? 5' 7" to 6'  (Read 8638 times)

EyeLevel

• Visitor
How did she not notice? 5' 7" to 6'
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »

http://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/142vq8/i_m24_have_had_cosmetic_leg_lengthening_to_make/

This post is a request for advice on how a 24 year old male who had two operations to gain a total of 5 inches (13 cm) should tell his girlfriend he had the procedure.

BilateralDamage

Re: How did she not notice? 5' 7" to 6'
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

He met her after he had the surgery.  He's asking if he should tell her he had the surgery done.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »

I think EyeLevel means "how did someone not recognize there was something horribly wrong with this out of proportion alien freak?"

The answer to the proportion Nazis here is that he looked fine.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »

You won't believe what happened at work today I work in a college and a maths class were doing stats and they were comparing height to wingspan.  I was naturally fascinated by this and observed...

Three things that stood out:

My wingspan was the most over my height at 8cm larger than my height.

Boys had their wingspan either the same or at most a couple of CM longer.  Tallest male was 189 cm with 196 cm wingspan.

Most girls weirdly had their wingspan SMALLER than their height.

If I can get the data I will, it was only a small sample and the measurements were not super accurate for wingspan (some had to reach up if they were small to touch the ruler so you could add a few cm for error), but it really struck a chord with me because I realized that proportions were all over the shop in the real world.

EyeLevel

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

I posted this to help quell some proportion anxieties that seem to burden all of us, including myself. I didn't word the title very well, but over all, I think this is a good source of information. Thanks for your input An_Apple_A_Day. I would like to add I think proportions are important, but you need to weigh how noticeable your lengthened height proportions will be to how happy you could be with your new height.

That said, what would be some of your members' conjectures to why she did not notice such a big discrepancy in proportions. My theory is that it is only noticeable when brought to the attention. All bets may be off at that point.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:05:11 AM »

I posted this to help quell some proportion anxieties that seem to burden all of us, including myself. I didn't word the title very well, but over all, I think this is a good source of information. Thanks for your input An_Apple_A_Day. I would like to add I think proportions are important, but you need to weigh how noticeable your lengthened height proportions will be to how happy you could be with your new height.

That said, what would be some of your members' conjectures to why she did not notice such a big discrepancy in proportions. My theory is that it is only noticeable when brought to the attention. All bets may be off at that point.

I agree with you on that.  Nobody notices until attention is brought to it.  Part of Conan O'Brien's old stand-up comedy act was drawing attention to his odd body shape with long limbs and small torso.

You can find something wrong with anyone if you look closely enough.  I don't want to go into details but I had another cosmetic procedure, and I was looking at that feature on everyone as soon as I thought of getting it done.  I couldn't believe some of these ugly people hadn't already saved up the money to get it fixed.  And this was a facial feature I'd never paid attention to before.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »

I agree with you on that.  Nobody notices until attention is brought to it.  Part of Conan O'Brien's old stand-up comedy act was drawing attention to his odd body shape with long limbs and small torso.

You can find something wrong with anyone if you look closely enough.  I don't want to go into details but I had another cosmetic procedure, and I was looking at that feature on everyone as soon as I thought of getting it done.  I couldn't believe some of these ugly people hadn't already saved up the money to get it fixed.  And this was a facial feature I'd never paid attention to before.

Was it that mustache you grew?  Did you finally get it waxed off?  :P

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

Hahahaha.

Actually my ears stuck out so I got them pinned back.  I don't know why I felt the need to be so secretive about it when I made that post. ;D

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

Hahahaha.

Actually my ears stuck out so I got them pinned back.  I don't know why I felt the need to be so secretive about it when I made that post. ;D

In the UK things like that and teeth can be fixed on the National Health Service.

Ears are no big things to be shamed about, I know a few people who have had that procedure.  I was actually thinking you might have had your nose done.

Moubgf

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »

bump

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »

appearently the guy in the opening post didnt just have a LL but various other cosmetic surgeries. He has deleted those posts now.
Sounds like Greekster has been on reddit again.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Adriano

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »

Kusop,

Good memmory.  I though it was him too.

Taller

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 11:14:26 PM »

Kusop,

Good memmory.  I though it was him too.

It's some else, surprisingly! Greekster went from 5'8.25 to a ridiculous 6'3! Does Greekster also have a Reddit page? If so, what's the link? It would be interesting to know more about his experience since he lengthened so much and is obviously disproportional now, yet claims to be living the life. He must wear a 37+ inseam now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up