Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Describe knee pain  (Read 7350 times)

GeTs

Describe knee pain
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »

1. Pain or discomfort
2. Consequences from it
3. How painful? ?/10

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Describe knee pain
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 06:48:19 PM »

1. Pain when kneeling on a hard surface, occasional discomfort when walking.   Nothing at all when standing still.
2. None, really.  I can still kneel.
3. 3-4 when kneeling on a hard surface, 1 occasionally when walking.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:00:06 PM »

thats LON or LATN tibia?

yjpbeyond

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 12:59:03 AM »

1. Pain when kneeling on a hard surface, occasional discomfort when walking.   Nothing at all when standing still.

Hi,MDW, i guess your discomfort when kneel on hard serface is caused by hyperplasia of patellar ligament
that may caused by insert of the rod, some guy get this problem while some may not ,will you agree?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:19 AM »

Hi,MDW, i guess your discomfort when kneel on hard serface is caused by hyperplasia of patellar ligament
that may caused by insert of the rod, some guy get this problem while some may not ,will you agree?

I don't know.

yjpbeyond

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:24:06 AM »

I don't know.

So does this bothering you or it can be ignored if not pay attention? i've done lengthening and considering insert rod or not,i lengthened 8cm, the total time with frame will be too long ,i just don't want ruin my 2015 ,as my 2014 been suffered doing LL

so could you tell me does knee disconfort make you unhappy when you walk?
Thanks!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 03:42:48 AM »

It's usually not there, and can be easily ignored when it is there.

yjpbeyond

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 05:01:59 AM »

It's usually not there, and can be easily ignored when it is there.

Many thanks,dude, atually i've read lots of your post ,and helped me a lot in my LL procedure :)

History101

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 07:03:59 AM »

I get pain too when kneeling on hard surfaces and I never had anything inserted into my knees. I also feel discomfort when walking for long periods of time, as well my feet ache (like normal people do)...All of these "issues" were always there, even before my Femur lengthening.

I think most normal, healthy people, if they had to kneel or "walk on their knees" on a hard surface will get some type of pain or discomfort.

On a side note: I also receive discomfort when using my Elbows to crawl on a hard surface as well even though I never receive shoulder surgery.

That is why we cannot be so rash to form conclusions based on small sample sizes.

Hence, why, for example, in Japanese or Asian cultures where is kneeling is customary, people are aware of the discomfort of kneeling on hard surfaces and oftentimes use pillows, mats, or other cushions when kneeling to give comfort.

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/japanese-couple-kneeling-on-a-tatami-mat-in-traditional-way-18936481

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/japanese-couple-kneeling-on-a-tatami-mat-in-traditional-way-18936481

The most important thing is as you have no pain or discomfort when functioning in daily life such as standing or walking, then one could say that your knees are relatively healthy and is in line with the general population.

For example, I read many articles of people who never underwent LL but still get knee pain for a variety of other reasons such as being overweight, being inactive, sports injuries, arthritis, diseases, Old Age and more.

I also read and personally witnessed people who were involved in traumatic injuries which required Metal rods; many of them had little to no issues whereas others complained about pain while being mobile and functioning in daily life. Whether that pain is because of their accident trauma or because of the IM Nail insertion is debatable.

I work in the medical field and see many cases of people who had IM Nail inserted through their knees and they are functioning 100% fine, lead an active life, and can do everything they usually do.

Also, I have personally witnessed other people who have never done LL still get knee pains even though there was no insertion trauma. Generally, they can barely stand for long periods and walk with pain. Some of these people cannot function in day to day life without pain or disability.
They have other issues which has caused knee pains such as being overweight, weak or unbalanced leg muscles, being inactive, unhealthy lifestyle, arthritis, diseases, from Old Age, and more.
This is a far cry from the "Superman" MDOW who can function in everyday life, and in his words,"feels stronger after my limb lengthening then before" and could lift more after his Limb lengthening then before it.

Finally, I have had the fortune to communicate with old patients who underwent Limb Lengthening with Rod Insertion (LON And LATN) and they have told me they experienced nothing negative longterm and fully recovered...even the Indian Doctor ones like sarin. Look at people like Smallguy, Captain America, or Calic.

So essentially saying, medical and biological responses are incredibly complex with many variables from a person's history, their bodies ability to heal, or many other countless variables so we cannot jump into rash final conclusions based on a very small sample size of a few active forum members.

Also, remember that the proper insertion of IM Nall for healthy patients who undergo Limb Lengthening in controlled way is different from the patients who experienced trauma, accidents or injuries and require emergency IM Nail insertion on top of their injuries and other variables.

Remember, correlation does not equal causation.

joax

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »

Actually there have been studies showing that a huge percentage (can't remember the number) of people who do internal LL get permanent knee pain, just so you know.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 12:07:25 AM »

im doing full externals..why is there knee pain on my right leg? when sitting still, especially at night?
tramadol doesn't work on it....... NSAID gels also.
its not a hamstring tendon or some tendon being pulled (I think) cos when I move my right leg the hamstring tendon hurt and it is a sharp feeling
what I have is more of a cramp-like feeling.. pretty bad.. 6/10
I lengthened at 0.75 past 7 days, probably too fast.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:58 AM »

The knee pain is probably an effect from the new load on the soft tissues from wearing the frames. I got it too.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »

The knee pain is probably an effect from the new load on the soft tissues from wearing the frames. I got it too.

does reducing lengthening rate help? cos that's what im doing..
I find after keeping my right knee totally straight (with a heavy object) (it can keep straight itself, but I wanted passively), after doing that, my knee starts to feel some strain...
its all the tendons and muscle stretching, is it?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 12:17:01 AM »

That could be part of it, but I think it's bound to happen sooner or later if you have frames on long enough. I'm almost 7 months after initial surgery and I still have it. Even more now because of muscle atrophy.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ItsMyLife

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 06:03:07 AM »

^that sucks bro..

how big r ur frames..?

my doc says pain drops to almost zero once u stop lengthening..

sources also say that 1-2 weeks after lengthening, pain decreases?

kilo, this is off topic but when did u start to notice ur walking getting affected and/or less dorsiflexion (but no ballerina yet?)... im getting all these worrisome problems at 3 cm.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 01:21:17 AM »

anyone gets hamstring tendon pains? been getting it on my right leg for some time alrady
Pages: [1]   Go Up