Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent effects of LL  (Read 120391 times)

Sara123

Re: Permanent effects of LL
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »

I’m female and plan to do cross lateral, 4 or 3 cm on femur and 3 cm on tibia. Is this relatively low risk because not lengthening large amounts??

Would be one femur and one opposite tibia then after the other 2 cross sections.

I’m about to give up my job, my apartment, leave all my stuff in boxes to go and do this and change my life. I’m so scared but feel I have to do it.

LAGrowin

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2018, 05:01:10 AM »

I’m female and plan to do cross lateral, 4 or 3 cm on femur and 3 cm on tibia. Is this relatively low risk because not lengthening large amounts??

Would be one femur and one opposite tibia then after the other 2 cross sections.

I’m about to give up my job, my apartment, leave all my stuff in boxes to go and do this and change my life. I’m so scared but feel I have to do it.

Good for you that you've made your decision to take this step.  Where are you doing it?  How tall are you currently ?

Sara123

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »

Thank you. I won’t say yet who with not until I have had the consultation. Once I have had the consultation, I will write it here. I plan to be honest on this forum and detail my experiences on this forum to help others. I’m around 156cm (just a little over that) but have a long torso with short legs and have felt very very low about this since I was about 15 or 16. I will never forget the pain I felt when I realised I was going to be an adult female with such short legs at the age of around 15 or 16 watching my female friends wear skirts, the pain was too much.

At times I have felt as if I’m not even female, that I’m not male either but not quite female either. It’s been a nightmare. Although I am completely female and do not suffer from any gender issues, my short legs have just made me feel less like a woman because the message we get from the media and society is that women are supposed to have reasonably longish legs so they can wear skirts and dresses etc. for job interviews and parties etc. I’ve been told I have a pretty face and a beautiful long torso as in nice and curvy waist but my legs let me down so much. I’ve always dreamt of being able to wear a nice dress or a skirt and feel female and normal. I get so down sometimes that I don’t want to leave the house. I’m scared right now that this surgery will go wrong but I’m hoping that if I do small amounts in each segment and follow all instructions and eat well, I don’t smoke, that hopefully it will be ok.

If it all goes wrong, my life might be much worse yes but it’s so bad now that I can’t live like this anymore either. I will update once I have had the consultation. And will give more details about the surgeon. I live in the UK.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:12:17 PM by Sara123 »

myloginacct

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »

I totally agree with you, I had it done when I was only twelve because i was born with a leg longer than the other one and its been hell to me this past 18 years living in pain not being bale to function 100 percent its the worst especially as a female, like wearing heels on a special occasion is a challenge. I wish my dad had never allowed that surgery :(

I wish we had asked her more questions when she'd still be reading the forums.

Wwoman26 is the classic example of justified LL: correcting a limb length discrepancy in a child whose growth plates are still not closed. Even despite that, she thinks she'd rather have lived with the discrepancy.

Of course, she may have had a completely different opinion and went for LL herself (as an adult) had her parents not decided on this for her when she was a child, but this we'll never know.

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2018, 01:25:48 PM »

I did LL 14 yrs ago, read my diary

shortguy4cll

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2019, 08:25:07 PM »

In some ways i wish i was american..short guys are able to be successful in america..but canada is a very judgemental place. The wrong look will lead you to a life full of misery.

Jamee12

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

never be scared of LL, it change my life and I thankful every day that it.  More importantly, we have a though process of yin and yang.  Meaning something negative has to come from everything positive - like some weird cosmic balance.  This is not the case with Leg Lengthening. 

Think of it like being overweight, then losing weight.  Where is the yin and yang?  You will enjoy your life more comfortable and healthy.  The same is true with LL, just follow the procedure daily, eat correctly, take your medication as directed and work through it during the lengthening the process.  Being short isn't the end of the world and if you can handle that you can handle everything.

No one ever knew how much height effected me, I was happy, had great friends and interesting relationship.  I ignored and work thru clothes not fitting correctly because I had kids legs and man size waist.  I prefer were shorts because pants always look weird on me and made me feel uncomfortable.   I wore lift shoes from time to time so I could be a little taller at bars or meeting new people.   

But I made it through, when an opportunity came up and I had the money I completed the surgery in 2009.  It was amazing, it truly was a life changing event for me.  I was happy to go out drive around, show myself off.  I couldn't buy enough clothes because everything looked good.   Girls actually, gave me a lot of attention - my strength was gone but in its place was height.  I worked out went to physio and regain the ability to walk without showing issues.  What a difference it made in my life. 

I looked at my Porsche and thought?!?! I am no longer a short person driving an awesome car.   Here's the thing, I remember what it was like to be short and when I see short people I don't say anything but I always try to stand a little shorter get a little nicer because I remember being short myself and it suck for me.  I am thankful I was able to get taller and that the Lord allowed me to do such an amazing thing. 

Please make sure you mind is in right gear before you do it.  These chat rooms are full of people that need emotional support not to get taller.  Getting taller didn't change me.  It allow me to express how I always felt about my self, larger then I was.  Hope this helps with idea - going through this procedure is complicated and expensive I used the best doctor in the world.  He invented the system, device and technique and it was still challenging.  THIS is a hard procedure full of risk and pain.  And while you are doing it, it feels like it will hurt forever then one day after 6 months you walk up like nothing happened, no pain, no aching and then you stand up and wow - -you are really tall!!!!

Jamee

Montreal172

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »

I need some opinions.

I'm in a situation where I NEED LL, my femur to femur is about 6 CM off, my tibia to tibia is about 3 cm off. I have constant knee pain on my right side, lots of cracking if I get down too much.

I can either do it local and it's free, but would only fix the 6 CM and 3 CM.

Or

go elsewhere, do tibia up to 6 cm, and pay, fix my discrepancy at the same time, then come back to my country and do femur local and removed the rod from the tibia.

Don't know which is best, I stand at 172 cm. Also trying to figure how much height gain would I get from option A.

Movie

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2019, 06:40:16 AM »

never be scared of LL, it change my life and I thankful every day that it.  More importantly, we have a though process of yin and yang.  Meaning something negative has to come from everything positive - like some weird cosmic balance.  This is not the case with Leg Lengthening. 

Think of it like being overweight, then losing weight.  Where is the yin and yang?  You will enjoy your life more comfortable and healthy.  The same is true with LL, just follow the procedure daily, eat correctly, take your medication as directed and work through it during the lengthening the process.  Being short isn't the end of the world and if you can handle that you can handle everything.

No one ever knew how much height effected me, I was happy, had great friends and interesting relationship.  I ignored and work thru clothes not fitting correctly because I had kids legs and man size waist.  I prefer were shorts because pants always look weird on me and made me feel uncomfortable.   I wore lift shoes from time to time so I could be a little taller at bars or meeting new people.   

But I made it through, when an opportunity came up and I had the money I completed the surgery in 2009.  It was amazing, it truly was a life changing event for me.  I was happy to go out drive around, show myself off.  I couldn't buy enough clothes because everything looked good.   Girls actually, gave me a lot of attention - my strength was gone but in its place was height.  I worked out went to physio and regain the ability to walk without showing issues.  What a difference it made in my life. 

I looked at my Porsche and thought?!?! I am no longer a short person driving an awesome car.   Here's the thing, I remember what it was like to be short and when I see short people I don't say anything but I always try to stand a little shorter get a little nicer because I remember being short myself and it suck for me.  I am thankful I was able to get taller and that the Lord allowed me to do such an amazing thing. 

Please make sure you mind is in right gear before you do it.  These chat rooms are full of people that need emotional support not to get taller.  Getting taller didn't change me.  It allow me to express how I always felt about my self, larger then I was.  Hope this helps with idea - going through this procedure is complicated and expensive I used the best doctor in the world.  He invented the system, device and technique and it was still challenging.  THIS is a hard procedure full of risk and pain.  And while you are doing it, it feels like it will hurt forever then one day after 6 months you walk up like nothing happened, no pain, no aching and then you stand up and wow - -you are really tall!!!!

Jamee
yo dope comment! inspiring man! thanks by the way
what doctor was it?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Activatedx

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2019, 05:43:46 AM »

What doctor? And I have a Porsche too lol and that’s exactly how I feel, planning to do this in 2020

Jamee

cam007

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »

Man there are so few reputable people on here, that sucks.

After going thru the old and new forum. People here STILL talking about going over safe limits. Questions doctors and facts lol. Wtf.

The safe limit is about 5-6cm in Tibias. Period.
There’s a crapload of evidence on this. Not only does your athletic ability retain close to 90% or more. But there’s less soft tissue complications and less complications as a whole.

There have been proven doctors on the forum say this. There’s medical sites that prove this. And yet people. Hype each other up for 7cm or more on each segment. That’s insane.

If it isn’t worth it for 5-6cm then save up and do both segments at 5-6cm.
It’s stupid and Unsafe to do limits they tell you not to cross. Wtf.

I can’t even get a realistic option or experience becuase people are saying they are good.
And then say “except for a weak this or painful that” or “can’t run anymore but who cares becuase I was never into sports” . Who cares if you weren’t lol the point was you can run before and now you can’t.

I wish when people post dumb comments like going over the 15% max recommended by doctors, they put sources instead of just giving false hope that’ll lead to a scholarship at wheelchair university. Smh

We can get this done get taller/longer and minimize risks if we stay within expectations of yourself and a qualified doctor.  If majority doctors say 6 is the max. Maybe go right under the max.  No one will be 100% but you can get close if you stay within the 10-15% of original limb and don’t go pass 4-6cm per segment. Stay healthy and realistic everyone.
LL surgery expected 1st quarter 2021. About 65-70% saved. Almost all supplements/vitamins already bought. Doing 5cm minimum/5.5cm maximum Tibia LON.  Looking at giotika parihar or sharma as of now.
 Under 5’8/ 172cm

lelouche

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2020, 04:54:07 AM »

but 7cms arent 7cms..
If a guy with 1,8 lengthen 7cms he wont have much problems as someone with 1,6m who lengthens the same amount

ididUrMIM

« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2020, 03:13:21 AM »

Everyone is individual. There is of course obvious safe limits that no one should pass but everyone will be different, some have reported the need to stop at 5cm but there are those who got to 7cm with decent recovery.

Megatron

• Visitor
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2020, 02:27:58 AM »

So who qualifies as a good candidate to do 7.5 cm to 8 cm? i always hear 8 cm is the max you should do for internal femurs is that right?

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2020, 10:26:20 PM »

Is it true that the lengthening process works better with a person who already has a large size (180cm+)? This is what I was able to read once while browsing this forum, I ask confirmation.

ghkid2019

• Height neurosis is a shítty thing.
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »

Is it true that the lengthening process works better with a person who already has a large size (180cm+)? This is what I was able to read once while browsing this forum, I ask confirmation.

Yes. Extending less percentage of the original bone is safer. Ironically a 6'0 doing LL is safer than a 5'4 person doing LL.
You don't need others approval to do what YOU KNOW is necessary to live a fulfilling life.

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »

Thank you for your answer ghkid2019 !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up