Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get STRYDE locally or travel to Dr. Paley?  (Read 834 times)

Zygomatic

• Visitor
Get STRYDE locally or travel to Dr. Paley?
« on: April 12, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »

I asked a similar question a few days ago, but my thread was filled with too many questions and I formatted it a bit oddly. So anyways...

What’re the main differences between doctors in the USA that provide the STRYDE nail? I’m in the Los Angeles area and I’ve heard some great things about Dr. Mahboubian, but of course Dr. Paley is the most prominent surgeon. Would it be worth traveling and staying in Florida for lengthening with Dr. Paley or would staying local be better?

Leggs

Re: Get STRYDE locally or travel to Dr. Paley?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »

Why just consider Dr. Mahboubian because he's local, or Dr. Paley because he's the most prominent? What about Dr. Debiparshad in Las Vegas or Dr. Rozbruch in New York? Both of those surgeons allow you to lengthen at home and can be much more cost effective.

Why restrict yourself only to the United States? What about surgeons in Europe or Korea?

You should consider all options while doing your own thinking and research.

Click on link for information: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9734.msg104612#msg104612

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »

Locally.
Go for it

Zygomatic

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 08:43:18 PM »

Why just consider Dr. Mahboubian because he's local, or Dr. Paley because he's the most prominent? What about Dr. Debiparshad in Las Vegas or Dr. Rozbruch in New York? Both of those surgeons allow you to lengthen at home and can be much more cost effective.

Why restrict yourself only to the United States? What about surgeons in Europe or Korea?

You should consider all options while doing your own thinking and research.

Click on link for information: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9734.msg104612#msg104612
Thanks for the information. I’ve seen your post with all the prices and information before and it was really informative. The reason I’m staying within the United States is because I feel most comfortable with the standard and quality of the procedures performed here. Also cost isn’t really a factor I’m looking that deeply into. I just want to make sure I go with a doctor that’ll maximize my chances for a successful recovery. Most of the top surgeons are fairly similar in price and all offer the STRYDE nail. I’m also considering Dr. Rozbruch, but Dr. Paley is more experienced and I’d have to travel to get to either of them.

Zygomatic

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »

Locally.
Thanks for your input. I think I might go ahead with a consultation with my local surgeon (Dr. Mahboubian) and see how I feel before deciding.

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 08:51:05 PM »

Thanks for your input. I think I might go ahead with a consultation with my local surgeon (Dr. Mahboubian) and see how I feel before deciding.

Hi Zygomatic, For sure, if you go with Dr. M; you'll do well.  I would go forward with Consult with him as you mention.  Being local in all of this creates a serious comfort and helps in your overall experience.   Being connected still to family, your job, wife, gf, kids, familiar streets, restaurants etc, all makes this a smoother process.  I'm living my same life except I'm just being inconvenienced a bit with crutches, vs...a total up rooting of my life.  Good luck in your decision.  Paley or Dr. M are both solid surgeons.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Zygomatic

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 02:11:35 AM »

Hi Zygomatic, For sure, if you go with Dr. M; you'll do well.  I would go forward with Consult with him as you mention.  Being local in all of this creates a serious comfort and helps in your overall experience.   Being connected still to family, your job, wife, gf, kids, familiar streets, restaurants etc, all makes this a smoother process.  I'm living my same life except I'm just being inconvenienced a bit with crutches, vs...a total up rooting of my life.  Good luck in your decision.  Paley or Dr. M are both solid surgeons.
Hi InFullStryde,
Your diary is one of my favorites on the forum. Thanks so much for keeping up with it. I’m glad your recovery is going well. I am definitely going to go through with making a consultation and see how I feel about it.

Movie

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 11:48:29 AM »

I'd say stay local bro! I'm in LA as well and consulting soon with Mahboubian, we're lucky we have one of the best doctors in the game at reach here. Maybe we'll even meet who knows, planing to get it done late May/ Early June
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

PAGrb490

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »

Would love to meet you both as well,
 I am here in LA as well

Movie

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 12:12:22 AM »

Would love to meet you both as well,
 I am here in LA as well

Yeah I'd love to meet guys and have a group of CLLers here localy for mutual support and who knows maybe some solid friendships, HMU bro! I've contacted Dr. Mahboubian's social media guy and he's pretty much been giving me info and they're expecting my call at the office now for my first appointment. I'm making a diary as well but planning on doing it Vlog style
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up