Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilizarov Lon or Monorail Lon  (Read 3739 times)

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
Ilizarov Lon or Monorail Lon
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »

Starting Height : 163 cm
Planning for 7cms tibia

Am an indian national considering to go with LL in a couple of years
so what would you think would be better  Ilizarov Lon or Monorail Lon ?
Doctor : planning to visit all doctors on ASAMI board

is 7-8 cm possible and am even ready to go with Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening if complications occur but all i want is maximum height and how many months will it take from the day of surgery to walking without support and with nail inside will I be able to climb steps and ladders ?? and whats internal nail infection how does that happen ???
TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

joax

Re: Ilizarov Lon or Monorail Lon
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »

Neither, have you considered external? The problem with internal is that you'll probably end up with permanent knee pain, something to remind you for the rest of your life that you did LL.

itzrammi

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:12:35 PM »

Neither, have you considered external? The problem with internal is that you'll probably end up with permanent knee pain, something to remind you for the rest of your life that you did LL.

but I don't think I can live for 1 year in frames :'(

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:25 PM »

everyone wants the extra height for free lol
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

joax

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »

You don't have to live for 1 year in frames. From my research, 7-8 months seems to be average time in frames if you lengthen a reasonable amount, such as 2 inches.

joax

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »

And with 2 inches more you'll be 168. Then just wear 2-inch lifts and you'll be 173 which is way above the average height in India. Wow I didn't know the average height in India was around 165cms according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height.

All short guys should just move to India. Problem solved. I saved everyone a lot of time, money and pain.

itzrammi

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »

And with 2 inches more you'll be 168. Then just wear 2-inch lifts and you'll be 173 which is way above the average height in India. Wow I didn't know the average height in India was around 165cms according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height.

All short guys should just move to India. Problem solved. I saved everyone a lot of time, money and pain.

yes that's True my height doesn't bother me anytime  when am India but the thing is I work a Marine Engineer so almost all the people on the ships from different nations are all taller than me so I consider to do LL 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »

Starting Height : 163 cm
Planning for 7cms tibia

Am an indian national considering to go with LL in a couple of years
so what would you think would be better  Ilizarov Lon or Monorail Lon ?
Doctor : planning to visit all doctors on ASAMI board

is 7-8 cm possible and am even ready to go with Percutaneous Achilles Tendon Lengthening if complications occur but all i want is maximum height and how many months will it take from the day of surgery to walking without support and with nail inside will I be able to climb steps and ladders ?? and whats internal nail infection how does that happen ???

Of course 7-8cm is possible.  I've done it myself.  And without achilles tendon lengthening surgery.

They both get the job done, but Ilizarov is better for correcting any deviations in the legs that may occur during lengthening.

From the day of the first surgery to walking without support, after doing 7-8cm with LON?  Probably around 7 months is a conservative estimate.  You might be able do it in 5 if you really want to rush things, but I'd plan for 7 months.  That's how long it took me, and I was very careful with my legs.

Yes, you can walk up and down stairs, and climb up and down ladders with the nails in.

Internal nail infection could happen if the conditions in the operating room aren't sterile.  Once it's in there, as long as it was clean, it won't get infected.

itzrammi

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »

Of course 7-8cm is possible.  I've done it myself.  And without achilles tendon lengthening surgery.

They both get the job done, but Ilizarov is better for correcting any deviations in the legs that may occur during lengthening.

From the day of the first surgery to walking without support, after doing 7-8cm with LON?  Probably around 7 months is a conservative estimate.  You might be able do it in 5 if you really want to rush things, but I'd plan for 7 months.  That's how long it took me, and I was very careful with my legs.

Yes, you can walk up and down stairs, and climb up and down ladders with the nails in.

Internal nail infection could happen if the conditions in the operating room aren't sterile.  Once it's in there, as long as it was clean, it won't get infected.

Thank You so much Bro :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up