Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regretting the past: Wish I had better sleep and nutrition as a child  (Read 3804 times)

NewHeights

Hello again.

There are many reasons for us to be dissatisfied with our heights. At 69.2", I wouldn't consider myself to be short, but I'm def shorter than the US avg (20 to 29 years old) of 70.0", and the white male average of 70.4".

What bothers me more than my current height are nutritional mistakes and sleep habits that I did around my puberty years (12 to 15 years old) that I feel held my growth back. These regrets about the past have created some serious psychological distress for me.

I ate an adequate lunch and dinner, and drank 2-3 glasses of milk a day, but for years only got 6.5 hrs of sleep and ate very little for breakfast. Also, I wasn't active (sports) until I was 14.

My uncle is 5' 11' and is the tallest in my family. My dad is 5' 8.5" and mom is 5' 5".

Is nutrition and sleep BS and the value is exaggerated, or do you guys think that a complete breakfast, 8 hrs of sleep and more sports would have made me 6' tall like my pediatrician originally predicted?

Any similar stories?
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

ForcedPuberty

Re: Regretting the past: Wish I had better sleep and nutrition as a child
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »

99.9% of the entire population is nutritionally deficient.

you are nutritionally deficient even now.

statistic probability is my source for my prediction on you.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »

If you live in a developed country, you had enough food growing, and you didn't have any conditions as a child, then you reached your natural height. Your pediatrician was likely following your growth curve rather than mid-parental height prediction. Your mid parental height equation places your predicted height at exactly 5'9, so count yourself lucky that you reached that!

Oh, btw, 5'9.2 is literally the exact average height is the USA, so you're certainly not "below" average in any sort.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:03:08 PM »

It's much more difficult to stunt your growth than you may think.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

joax

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »

Damn I hate that my father is so short. He's 5'7 and I only outgrew him by an inch! Everyone on my mother's side is around 6 foot. I think genetics is a huge lottery. Three of my cousins are triplets and one of them is like 5'6 and the other two around 6'0. They have another brother who is also 5'6. There is a lot of luck involved in predicting someone's final height.

Moubgf

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:32:24 PM »

It might. If you think it did. It probably did. I mean if you have frail body structure then yeah. If you are solid and manly in face alot of testo hair then no.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »

Unless you slept in a car and went days without food, your height was not stunted to some level where the height difference would be noticeable.

I grew up eating healthy food. No sugar or candy and rarely soda. However, I was also continually hungry and I felt my parents did not address that issue . Instead of 5ft 7 I might have been 5ft 7 1/2 if i was stuffed full  daily.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:49:38 PM »

Oh, btw, 5'9.2 is literally the exact average height is the USA, so you're certainly not "below" average in any sort.

Quite right Read. However, we have a growing Asian and Latino population which drags that average down. I would argue 5ft 10 - 5ft 10 1/2 to be average white bread.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

The white male average for youth is about 5'9.7"--only about half an inch from the average (or 177 cm).http://halls.md/average-height-men-height-weight/

Also, it is important to remember that Americans are amongst the tallest peoples in the world.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 01:49:06 AM »

( I am trying to raise my post count so I will be posting a lot but obviously on topic stuff mostly). Just my 2 cents but where I live people eat bad and they grow a lot, some don't. I have a cousin who drinks mostly Pepsi and he grew to 6'3".
Pages: [1]   Go Up