Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: One Step Closer - External tibias, femurs, humerus - Petersburg, Russia  (Read 93620 times)

Overdozer

You did great work to regain full flexion. do you remember how long you take until you are able to bend 160 degrees ?
3 to 4 months. I guess you can do in 2 if you work harder.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

alex

I hope so Dozer.

bluebarbie

Hi dozer, I did latn femurs. Before taking off the external fixators, I could bend only about 50 degrees. As soon as after they were taken of they suddenly rise up to about 70'. Now it's been 10 days post operation and they are like 80'.But I feel like the progress is slowing down as it had been 80' since about 5 days post operation. Is it normal. I am worried that I won't get my full Roms back or if I m not approaching in a right way.
Can u please share how you worked on yours?
Ps: when lying on my back it is way less than in sitting position, did u experience it too?
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

Overdozer

Hi dozer, I did latn femurs. Before taking off the external fixators, I could bend only about 50 degrees. As soon as after they were taken of they suddenly rise up to about 70'. Now it's been 10 days post operation and they are like 80'.But I feel like the progress is slowing down as it had been 80' since about 5 days post operation. Is it normal. I am worried that I won't get my full Roms back or if I m not approaching in a right way.
Can u please share how you worked on yours?
I don't think you should worry about it. It's hard to notice progress in such short period of time (5 days), give it a few weeks and you should see difference. At 80 degrees ROM what I did is just lie down on my back then cross one leg with another so the tibia is hanging acting as a weight, but I had one leg which I could bend. When I got to 110-120 degrees I started using my hands pulling the tibia to the femur.

Ps: when lying on my back it is way less than in sitting position, did u experience it too?
No, but tt's way less when I lie on my stomach.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

bluebarbie

Thanks alot dozer
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

Overdozer

Re: One Step Closer - External tibias, femurs, humerus - Petersburg, Russia
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

Just removed my last external off my femur. 15 cm total. Drugged and happy as fck.

bluebarbie

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »

Congratulations dozer :D

aspirant185

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

Congrats Bratushka ! Really happy for you

Can you post some photos to take a look of the proportions :)
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Peaceout

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2016, 05:16:06 PM »

omg you are 15 cm taller lol  ;D enjoy your new height!  can you post some pictures please? We really wanna see your new body!!!  :)

Overdozer

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2016, 03:19:56 PM »

Congratulations dozer :D
Thanks, Barbie. I see you're doing good too. Keep it up.

Congrats Bratushka ! Really happy for you

Can you post some photos to take a look of the proportions :)
You really want that? I lost a lot of weight during lengthening and I look like a skeletron king. Trust me, you don't want to see that. I'm currently planning humerus lengthening and after I'll be doing HGH and Testo to quickly build weight also will do some weight lifting. Then mb you will see.

Sweden

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »

Just post the pics please.

Pictures are the only way to explain this journey at.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Overdozer

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »

Here are some pics. You can see every bone segment I've lengthened both sides. I had my femurs corrected to account for mechanical axes change, left femur / right tib xrays are like 9 months old

http://imgur.com/a/Ewccj

theuprising

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2016, 05:49:22 AM »

Just post the pics please.

Pictures are the only way to explain this journey at.

Would you post pics in briefs if you went from 167cm to 182cm?

Peaceout

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2016, 06:51:10 AM »

Will you lengthen your arms? If so when?

Overdozer

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »

Will you lengthen your arms? If so when?
Soon enough. It took me around 3 months for my previous femur to get rid of knee ROM limitations, shouldn't take much longer this time. Also I have a slight duck-ass which needs addressing.

I've been warned about paresis which is supposedly a common occurrence during AL, however it's temporary most of the times, judging from the studies I've read. Still I'm worried. Just a little bit.

Peaceout

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »

Can you be more clear?How much will you lengthen?And forearm only right?
And why did you exceed your wingspan so much,you could do less .Dont you think 12 cm way too much?

Overdozer

« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2016, 06:03:04 PM »

Can you be more clear?How much will you lengthen?And forearm only right?
And why did you exceed your wingspan so much,you could do less .Dont you think 12 cm way too much?
Actually Dr. Kulesh does offer forearm lengthening too, but I'm going with humerus - should be easier to tolerate and recover from I guess. About 3 cms

12 cm isn't too much unless you're already average/tall, which means relatively longer legs. And AL is required anyways if you go over 8 cm IMO. That's the thing about two surgeries - you gain more, but you also gotta give more. Take a look at Apo The God - he's my inspiration.

Peaceout

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2016, 06:13:36 PM »

Actually Dr. Kulesh does offer forearm lengthening too, but I'm going with humerus - should be easier to tolerate and recover from I guess. About 3 cms
oh i meant humerus* my bad.Alright good luck with that :)

Peaceout

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »

12 cm isn't too much unless you're already average/tall, which means relatively longer legs. And AL is required anyways if you go over 8 cm IMO. That's the thing about two surgeries - you gain more, but you also gotta give more. Take a look at Apo The God - he's my inspiration.
Well it doesnt mean he did an inspirational thing just because he did 20 cm.Its not a good thing.He ruined his body and proportions for sure.Thats why people should have realistic goals for this surgery i think.

Overdozer

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2016, 06:45:39 PM »

Well it doesnt mean he did an inspirational thing just because he did 20 cm.Its not a good thing.He ruined his body and proportions for sure.Thats why people should have realistic goals for this surgery i think.
I know Apo isn't liked on this forum, but you can't deny that he probably had the best documented recovery and results in LL community. He didn't 'just' lengthen 20 cms (try actually lengthening such an amount). He fully recovered his joints ROM - knee, ankle, hip. He put on a lot of muscle and is in a great form. He also shared a lot of LL material and information with us. Can't deny that.

Not sure if you've seen his latest pictures, but from what I've seen, his results are by far the most impressive.

You're entitled to your own opinion, though.

Alu

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »

I know Apo isn't liked on this forum, but you can't deny that he probably had the best documented recovery and results in LL community. He didn't 'just' lengthen 20 cms (try actually lengthening such an amount). He fully recovered his joints ROM - knee, ankle, hip. He put on a lot of muscle and is in a great form. He also shared a lot of LL material and information with us. Can't deny that.

Not sure if you've seen his latest pictures, but from what I've seen, his results are by far the most impressive.

Considering the existence of this forum...it's clear he has a history of lying...wouldn't be surprised if his recovery was also fabricated in some form...

Peaceout

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »

I dont have any positive or negative feeling for him.I mean i didnt even talk with him in his diary or something.Plus i discovered this surgery like 7-8 months ago.First i found old forum and this one finally.So i have read many diaries,many posts,other stuff..(including apo's)And i believe the information i have about this surgery is not so bad.Also i really dont believe he fully recovered after 20 cm.Its just insane that you are pushing your segments for 10 cm imo.How can you possibly believe that someone can fully recover after 20 cm? wow!I dont even think you can just recover %100 after 8-9 cm.And if you believe that is possible its just because you want to be taller(and you are taller now,you did a big amount) and fooling yourself.And yes ive seen some of his pictures.Maybe its not too freaky.Still just think about it.His torso belongs to a 5'7 guy.When he sits in crowd  it will be wierd as fk.But standing? wow a huge 6'3 guy! If i remember correctly his sitting height was not even 90cm.My sitting height is roughly 93-94 and im just 173.He will be shorter than me when we sit but when we stand up can you imagine what it will be like? seriously..  :o

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »

Congratulations on getting all your frames removed finally. Wow, you have a lot of mental strength being able to push through externals on both femurs and tibiae. Humerus lengthening should be a breeze in comparison.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Uppland

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »

This will mark the first diary of a patient lengthening humerus, very interesting.

asfastaslight

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »

Wow based on your success I will do my tibia's there for sure! :D

Sweden

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2016, 01:30:27 AM »

Would you post pics in briefs if you went from 167cm to 182cm?

Yes I would and I have.

What's the problem if you cover your face? Why even write a diary if not showing the way it really is?

Sweden

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2016, 01:34:22 AM »

I dont have any positive or negative feeling for him.I mean i didnt even talk with him in his diary or something.Plus i discovered this surgery like 7-8 months ago.First i found old forum and this one finally.So i have read many diaries,many posts,other stuff..(including apo's)And i believe the information i have about this surgery is not so bad.Also i really dont believe he fully recovered after 20 cm.Its just insane that you are pushing your segments for 10 cm imo.How can you possibly believe that someone can fully recover after 20 cm? wow!I dont even think you can just recover %100 after 8-9 cm.And if you believe that is possible its just because you want to be taller(and you are taller now,you did a big amount) and fooling yourself.And yes ive seen some of his pictures.Maybe its not too freaky.Still just think about it.His torso belongs to a 5'7 guy.When he sits in crowd  it will be wierd as fk.But standing? wow a huge 6'3 guy! If i remember correctly his sitting height was not even 90cm.My sitting height is roughly 93-94 and im just 173.He will be shorter than me when we sit but when we stand up can you imagine what it will be like? seriously..  :o

This is so spot on.
Lengthening that much will totally ruin your body for life.

Constant aches. Difficulties in rang of motion. Sitting awkward in every car there is, look like a joke when sitting down, spider legs, forget about descent running and much more to it.

theuprising

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:44 AM »

Yes I would and I have.

What's the problem if you cover your face? Why even write a diary if not showing the way it really is?

Your starting height at 173cm was 6cm higher than dozers. Proportionally you have a bigger everything than he does. Yet he has lengthened more than
you will even if you do femurs. I think it's pretty obvious why the proportions pics won't be forthcoming   

Alittletooshort

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »

There is a thread here from a Dr. who tracked his patients recovery. His results were that after 5cm´s the athletic recovery goes down to 60-70% of the pre op level. So at 10cm´s+ the likely hood of a recovery over 50% is very low and probably below this.
The only way of getting back to 100% (if it´s even possible) is by staying below the 5cm mark. An orthopaedic surgeon (who uses the fitbone) I have spoken to even said that he can´t imagine anyone recovering completely after 2-3cm´s.

Sweden

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »

There is a thread here from a Dr. who tracked his patients recovery. His results were that after 5cm´s the athletic recovery goes down to 60-70% of the pre op level. So at 10cm´s+ the likely hood of a recovery over 50% is very low and probably below this.
The only way of getting back to 100% (if it´s even possible) is by staying below the 5cm mark. An orthopaedic surgeon (who uses the fitbone) I have spoken to even said that he can´t imagine anyone recovering completely after 2-3cm´s.

Exactly. It's impossible to ever recover to 100%

I reached my fully physical potential in my twenties and I can tell that I'm around 45-50% of my potential.
Maybe this is as good as it gets. Don't know, but my broken foot has hindered me the most. =(

aspirant185

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2016, 11:56:18 PM »

Exactly. It's impossible to ever recover to 100%

I reached my fully physical potential in my twenties and I can tell that I'm around 45-50% of my potential.
Maybe this is as good as it gets. Don't know, but my broken foot has hindered me the most. =(

Do you think if you lengthened 4-5 cm instead of 7, it could have been better ?
Could you walk normally and jog ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up