Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 180+ is the sweet-spot for LL because..  (Read 19173 times)

ItsMyLife

180+ is the sweet-spot for LL because..
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »

My hypothesis, If you want to be considered as "very tall", this is the sweet spot:

I think in Asian country the sweet-spot is 180-183, because in Singapore and South Korea you would be the top 5-15 percent with those figures. 178 cm is pretty common nowadays in Asian countries, I don't know why, but that would be considered above average, that's all.

In a non-Asian country like America, add 4 cm because the average is 4 cm greater (cf, Singapore;s average height is officially 172 but I really doubt it, just as people doubt the average of America as 176). So the sweet spot is probably 184-187.

In Scandinavia, add another 4 cm, and 188-191 cm is pretty much the sweet spot to stand out as "very tall"

IMO, in Asia, if you are 180-183, and in America if you are 184-187 (or slightly below even), I do not think that girls will feel "short changed" if you take off your lifts.

Lets say you are 188cm with lift, and you take off your lifts, you are 185cm, you are still pretty tall. In fact, most girls would not even notice it as you are still towering over them. I doubt a girl would feel short-changed, even if she is 170-175 tall.

IMO, I would not date a girl who is above 175-178. (But it all depends)

IMHO, we doubt the official average figures, because
1) we do not see the short guys or do not notice them
2) we tend to be insecure about our height and each tall person that comes along, we attribute more weight to it and reinforce our self-prophecy.
3) try eye-balling the height of about 100 people or even on dating sites, chances are, in Singapore, the figures as I said above is pretty accurate (when I was 180 cm with shoes, which is 178 without shoes, I was the top 10-15 percent in a shpping mall). dating sites, you take an average using excel, the average is exactly the same as official average. Subtract 1-3 cm off for self-inflation, and it is actually lower than national average(probably because shorter people have to use the apps?)

In essence, our perception about height is skewed and biased. The official figures are accurate.

I also say the above is the sweet-spot because you can always quote your morning height, or as what celebrities do, add 1-2 inches.

endomorphisme

Re: 180+ is the sweet-spot for LL because..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »

That's just bullicrap, the average height for a white American male is 179 cm for men aged between 20 and 40 years so almost 180 cm for young man in his twenties
the average heighT for young Norwegian and young Danes is 180-180.5 cm
overall the average height for white caucasian male is around 180 cm, which means you need to be altleast 187 cm to be Tall

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »

That's just bullicrap, the average height for a white American male is 179 cm for men aged between 20 and 40 years so almost 180 cm for young man in his twenties
overall the average height for white caucasian male is around 180 cm, which means you need to be altleast 187 cm to be Tall

This is crap.

With eyeballing I can say the average in Singapore is roughly 175-178 but that does NOT correspond with official statistics.

Show me the evidence that the average in America is not 176. Cause that is what I got from Paley's website as well as Wikipedia if I last recall correctly and there was an attributed source.

You FORGOT that short guys pull down averages.

endomorphisme

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »

This is crap.

With eyeballing I can say the average in Singapore is roughly 175-178 but that does NOT correspond with official statistics.

Show me the evidence that the average in America is not 176. Cause that is what I got from Paley's website as well as Wikipedia if I last recall correctly and there was an attributed source.

You FORGOT that short guys pull down averages.

i was talking about WHITE young men who average 179-180 cm in the us.
Regardless ethnicity and age, 176 cm is average in the us

ItsMyLife

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »

i was talking about WHITE young men who average 179-180 cm in the us.
Regardless ethnicity and age, 176 cm is average in the us

DO you have statistics?
I would think the figure for WHITE young men and men in America, is the same. Why? Hispanics, who are taller, would balance out any short Asians.
I don't think white young men would be at 179-180, is there a source?? I would say, more probably 177-178.

endomorphisme

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »

DO you have statistics?
I would think the figure for WHITE young men and men in America, is the same. Why? Hispanics, who are taller, would balance out any short Asians.
I don't think white young men would be at 179-180, is there a source?? I would say, more probably 177-178.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr010.pdf#page=15 whit use men between 20 and 39 years old

http://www.ssb.no/a/english/yearbook/tab/tab-108.html norwegian young males

endomorphisme

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »

ItsMyLife

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »

wow, thanks!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 09:09:31 AM »

http://www.dst.dk/pukora/epub/upload/17959/pop.pdf#page=34

young danish males

its good to see from all your data that the average height of youngsters seem to peak at 179-180.
so the younger generation will NOT be that much taller..
so 181-183 is pretty much a good height, though slightly above average.

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »

Yes he's right would guess 180CM to be average in north america. In scandinavia it is also average but would feel pretty short I suspect.

Personally I want to be at least 186-7CM but ideally I'd like to get another 2CM on top of that. Do think proportions are important though so we'll see where  end up, might have to settle for less.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:34:23 AM »

its good to see from all your data that the average height of youngsters seem to peak at 179-180.
so the younger generation will NOT be that much taller..
so 181-183 is pretty much a good height, though slightly above average.

Average height for youngsters peaked at 182-184 in the netherlands so there is no assumption to be made from the american average. I don't think the average will naturally get much taller than 183CM anywhere but remember that when the average is that tall it will be common to see guys taller than 190CM.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »

Yes itsmylife it's good to see the average height has reached a peak, now we know our height will never fall below average

ReadRothbard

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »

In America, the average young white male height is between 176-177 cm. 181-182 cm is an entire standard deviation above that average, and 186-187 cm is about two standard deviations.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »

Yes he's right would guess 180CM to be average in north america. In scandinavia it is also average but would feel pretty short I suspect.

Personally I want to be at least 186-7CM but ideally I'd like to get another 2CM on top of that. Do think proportions are important though so we'll see where  end up, might have to settle for less.

180 cm is definitely not the average for young males. Pretty much every study on young adult Caucasian males place the average at around 176-177 cm.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »

180 cm is definitely not the average for young males. Pretty much every study on young adult Caucasian males place the average at around 176-177 cm.

I usually think of "average" as anything within 4CM of the exact average, so 177-185 in sweden and I guess 174-182 in the US.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 11:49:52 AM »

I would also aim for at least 185, but rather 186-188, since 180 does seems rather small to me. I live in Vienna and with my height of 179/178 I´m often among the shortest guys at parties. I had 5 other males in my class and all of them were 185+ and two were above 200.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 12:14:04 PM »

I would also aim for at least 185, but rather 186-188, since 180 does seems rather small to me. I live in Vienna and with my height of 179/178 I´m often among the shortest guys at parties. I had 5 other males in my class and all of them were 185+ and two were above 200.

We're in the same boat you and me, 186-188 is good but I wouldn't go over 189CM because I care a lot about proportions. Would rather be 186CM and proportionate than 190CM and more or less weird looking.

Overdozer

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 01:43:37 PM »

I think the 'sweet-spot' would be that height at which you stop caring about it and feel good. You don't necessary have to be 'tall' for it, keep that in mind.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »

I think the 'sweet-spot' would be that height at which you stop caring about it and feel good. You don't necessary have to be 'tall' for it, keep that in mind.

That's right, I used to almost have a "tall or nothing" mindset but now I know I'll be satisfied with any height that is respectable for a grown adult. Aiming for 186-188 like our austrian friend suggested.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »

Being born to be an average height is how normal people don't care, since we have been treated like losers it will be hard not to feel superior once we reach our goals( specially those guys who are 5'8" they can easily become taller than average and feel superior than others). When I reach my sweet-spot I will feel fantastic every single day unless some Russian starts selling cheaper ways to grow and suddenly everyone is above 6 ft then I will go mad.

endomorphisme

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 08:01:08 PM »

Being born to be an average height is how normal people don't care, since we have been treated like losers it will be hard not to feel superior once we reach our goals( specially those guys who are 5'8" they can easily become taller than average and feel superior than others). When I reach my sweet-spot I will feel fantastic every single day unless some Russian starts selling cheaper ways to grow and suddenly everyone is above 6 ft then I will go mad.

Unless you reach 195 cm , no one will feel superior, since nobody will be that tall, there will always be peoplt who will be taller and much taller.
I don't even think that someone will be 188 cm here.

Uppland

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 08:50:28 PM »

Unless you reach 195 cm , no one will feel superior, since nobody will be that tall, there will always be peoplt who will be taller and much taller.
I don't even think that someone will be 188 cm here.

It's not about being the tallest person everywhere everytime, in essence I want to have a height that is always respectable no matter what. I am for example thinking of going into the financial business world where many successful tall people work and I want to be tall enough to be on equal terms with most people there -or at least not short. I would also like to visit the netherlands one day without feeling like a shrimp, basically I want to always be confident that I am tall enough, other than that I don't care if someone else is taller as long as I am happy with what I've got.

I hope 186CM will be enough for me. I am worried about how I'll look though.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:27 AM »

I hope 186CM will be enough for me. I am worried about how I'll look though.

It will be enough if you also wear lifts ( I know I sound like a broken record when talking about lifts but think about it )

ItsMyLife

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 02:17:35 AM »

yup as i said 183 is pretty respectable and wear some lifts to 186 cm.

even when u take off those lifts ur still (at best) slightly above average

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 12:50:36 PM »

I think u people need psychological advice. Srry but dont get on me coz u people r literally talking crap. Ofcourse if ur 5 feet n wanna play american football u shud be realistic but even if ur blaming of not having respect r dignity r a girlfriend who is tall because of u then let me tell u, u guys r wrong coz my frn is 5'2 n his gf is 5'11 n shes hotter than my gf, n let me tell u even my gf is taller than me!!! 175cm she is but she keeps tellin me how im hotter than many other guys. Its sad how ur blaming ur failure on height n also u ppl who r so much talented just dont go for a task(important life task) coz ur short, But the thing u ppl not being able to achieve something in life is not because of ur height but becoz of the consiousness of ur height coz no ones stooping u from anythingcoz of ur height!!! So in my mind dont go for it if u have this minset of not getting girls r achieving something in ur life. I personally wanna become 180 cm coz dats because i wanna be better than before n for myself not for anyone else n even without leglengening i think ill be achievingin life wat i cud achieve with these few extra inches. Now some people here say dat 5'11 r anyother iz the perfect height with which u can achieve anything in life. Im srry but i feel bad for these people. N also thr r so many hot guys at 5'5,5'6,5'7,5'8 like justin bieber, nick jonas, jason statham n those one direction lads (except harry styles n liam payne coz they r tall) at whom grls go crazy, so my personal advice is if u wanna do this surgery do for urself not for the society who respects  even some some crazy people  out there!!!n also if ur speakin about power russia's vladmir putin at 5'7 is the most powerful person ri8 now, though many people think its obama)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:13:29 PM by Yemef »
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

GeTs

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »

Gtfo kid

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 01:57:10 PM »

The kid is right though. Height is not really important, I know now because I did LL. The most important thing is how you feel about yourself. If you are above 170cm you will be fine pretty much anywhere in the world, even in Northern Europe (I'm from there, so don't tell me your bullcrap lies). Most of the guys on these forums are losers (just look at some pics posted from guys who want some advice on their proportions, height is not their main problem).

Even though it's nice to be a little bit taller it's not really worth it, you lose a whole year, I don't really think you know what that means. It's understandable if a really short guy (>165cm) wants to do that because that's really rough, but still not that important if you feel good about yourself. 99% of women who are above your height, even if it's 6'2, will have a relationship with you if you are really worth it, they don't care about height and those who do are a waste of time and really really rare. Of course you will hear "oh you're too short" but most of the time it's an excuse because they are not into you.

But I guess I'm talking to a wall here, but still it won't help you if you are around average height, it's just a waste of time, trust me on that one.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »

Bro! Im srry if i hurt u.. I know i din put my words constructively, but i laugh wen people start carin about proportions more than height wen height's the topic we r here for. Like for example before u recognized u were short ie mostly in ur teens have u considered if a guy's arms r short r tall or if the guy himself was short or tall. N im really srry if i hurt anyone coz im not dat in real life. But i can assure u one thing more than half the people here lurkin r just gonna keep dreaming about leg lengthening rather than having it done for real i can bet on dat!

endomorphisme

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 03:10:58 PM »

Would you stop writing in sms language please, it's a mess to read you ...

ouroboros

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

Would you stop writing in sms language please, it's a mess to read you ...

I second "dat" opinion.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:15 PM »

Hurts to see people arguing on how its written rather than wat is written. Then again i start to think y the heck am i even tryin to explain when there is no need to!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up