Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we give height and "tall" too much credit? (groupthink phenomenon)  (Read 2542 times)

NewHeights

"Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences."

First off, I would argue that this forum (myself included) represents a small subset of people who are extremely obsessed with the idea of "height" and potentially being "tall"; this does not just relate to one's own height, but also to the heights of others, and what the implications of height, being tall, and being short mean in general. People on this forum have used the words "height is all that matters to women" much to often. I am going to attempt to prove to you once and for all that this is not true.

I am going to show you guys some statistical findings related to height and physical attractiveness (the only real thing that matters to me), which shows that, while height matters significantly to women, it may not matter as much as you guys think (there are other things that matter as well). We get into this groupthink, that is self-reinforcing of our ideas and makes the whole LL community feel that height is SO important and that tall people are gods among men. Besides the fact that personality trumps height any day, height itself (as a physical feature) may not be as important as we think it is...

The Pubmed study (URL posted) is called "Penis size interacts with body shape and height to influence male attractiveness".

Below, I present to you the study that was done to assess male attractiveness based on three criteria: Penis Size, Height, and Shoulder to Hip ratio: Here is an abstract from the study that might surprise you, and may slightly alter your overall perception of height, and why "the taller the better" is not necessarily true. Enjoy :)

RESULTS
Selection Analysis.
There were highly significant positive linear effects of height, penis size, and shoulder-to-hip ratio on male attractiveness (Table 1). Linear selection was very strong on the shoulder-to-hip ratio, with weaker selection on height and penis size (Table 1). There were diminishing returns to increased height, penis size, and shoulder-to-hip ratio (quadratic selection: P = 0.010, 0.006 and < 0.0001) [“B” in Table 1] and, given the good fit of the linear and quadratic models, the optimum values appear to lie outside the tested range (i.e., maxima are >2 SD from the population mean for each trait) (Fig. 2). A model using only linear and quadratic selection on the shoulder-to-hip ratio accounted for 79.6% of variation in relative attractiveness scores (centered to remove differences among women in their average attractiveness scores). The explanatory power of height and penis size when added separately to this model was almost identical. Both traits significantly improved the fit of the model (log-likelihood ratio tests: height: χ2 = 106.5, df = 3, P < 0.0001; penis: χ2 = 83.7, df = 3, P < 0.0001). Each trait, respectively, explained an extra 6.1% and 5.1% of the total variation in relative attractiveness.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3637716/#r15

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Moubgf

Re: Do we give height and "tall" too much credit? (groupthink phenomenon)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »

Duh!, Where you born yesterday?. And what is this penis study stuff? like that has any relevance in how you get treated buying milk from the cashier.

The fact is that tall IS god among people. socially. not evolutionary then its backwards and frankly retarded. But its perfect for our psychopathic society we have right now sooooo...

I dont think that taller is better one bit, i was oblivious to it thats how much i didnt give a fk. But you see 99% of other people do. Thats the problem.

Also i see that you mentioned that all women care about is height..let me correct that for you. Insecure, naive,stupid, cant stand on their own two legs, comformist, feminsist, 50 iQ not worty of being called women "bitches" THATS what they are.. Every single "women" i met that had a tall boyfriend not all but crap man almost all lives in this fantasy bubble. Not reality. Its filtered disney style. And you are the runt from their point of view.

but hell do your little shoulder to waist ratio stunt and see how different you get treated.

"There were diminishing returns to increased height " Yeah like after 6'2 lol.

A true fine fine woman will never stoop to a "minimum requirement" to spend quality time with her.

If all LL peeps could run a 1000 mile mountain to stop heightism forever. then crap we would do that. But this is it. Also alot of people here dont doubt their attraction skills its just that we dont want to put 100% extra effort that people with 7 cm longer legs dont have too. Thats it pretty much from my view point.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »

The study found that the ideal height, penis size and hips-to-shoulder ratio was more than 2 standard deviations from the average?

Yeah that's really reassuring, it means that an ideal man is taller than 195CM has a larger penis than maybe 22CM+ and has the hips of a 14 year old boy with the shoulder of a 24-year old bodybuilder. So I guess agressive limb lengthening, penis enlargment surgery (to the extreme) and massive use of steroids is all I need to reach perfection, cool.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »

Duh!, Where you born yesterday?. And what is this penis study stuff? like that has any relevance in how you get treated buying milk from the cashier.

The fact is that tall IS god among people. socially. not evolutionary then its backwards and frankly retarded. But its perfect for our psychopathic society we have right now sooooo...

I dont think that taller is better one bit, i was oblivious to it thats how much i didnt give a fk. But you see 99% of other people do. Thats the problem.

Also i see that you mentioned that all women care about is height..let me correct that for you. Insecure, naive,stupid, cant stand on their own two legs, comformist, feminsist, 50 iQ not worty of being called women "bitches" THATS what they are.. Every single "women" i met that had a tall boyfriend not all but crap man almost all lives in this fantasy bubble. Not reality. Its filtered disney style. And you are the runt from their point of view.

but hell do your little shoulder to waist ratio stunt and see how different you get treated.

"There were diminishing returns to increased height " Yeah like after 6'2 lol.

A true fine fine woman will never stoop to a "minimum requirement" to spend quality time with her.

If all LL peeps could run a 1000 mile mountain to stop heightism forever. then crap we would do that. But this is it. Also alot of people here dont doubt their attraction skills its just that we dont want to put 100% extra effort that people with 7 cm longer legs dont have too. Thats it pretty much from my view point.

Actually, I looked at the study, and a man with an average-sized penis (12-13 cm) has diminishing returns in height past about 177-180 cm.

Honestly, it seems like everyone had tiny penises in the study. Mine is about 16.5 cm long and 12-13 cm thick, and I thought that was pretty average.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:53:52 PM »

Actually, I looked at the study, and a man with an average-sized penis (12-13 cm) has diminishing returns in height past about 177-180 cm.

Honestly, it seems like everyone had tiny penises in the study. Mine is about 16.5 cm long and 12-13 cm thick, and I thought that was pretty average.

Maybe they measure it differently? 3CM difference isn't that much anyway.

rodocat

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:21:54 AM »

Im 5'5 so i guess the study confirms i have maximal returns and should get LL.

THANKS!

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »

Im 5'5 so i guess the study confirms i have maximal returns and should get LL.

THANKS!

I am in your same height boat however since I already use lifts I will have less returns than you according to the studies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up