Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportional growth  (Read 4317 times)

LittleWhiteMan

Proportional growth
« on: February 05, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »

By when do you think science would come out with a way to reopen the ephyseal plates so we could manage to grow more proportionally? LL is a great way to mess up your proportions so I really want a way to appear taller while keeping your bones corrational to each other.
5'1", 100 lbs

GeTs

Re: Proportional growth
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »

Do the best to enjoy life, forget about gaining 10 inches and looking proportional

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:38:05 AM »

I will enjoy my life being proportional. I don't want to take the risk of doing LL (I am only opting for really small lengths). Imagine lengthening 5 inches and looking a little bit off, I would later regret having doing it and not looking proportional. Probably people won't see it off but I will, and what matters is what I think about myself.
5'1", 100 lbs

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Sorry man, implanting functional growth plates in all of our hundreds of bones while also making them grow in proportion is not going to happen for a long time.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:02:03 AM »

Sorry man, implanting functional growth plates in all of our hundreds of bones while also making them grow in proportion is not going to happen for a long time.

If all of our bones grow then all the skin, brain, and other organs will need to grow too.

theuprising

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 01:25:07 AM »

I think its very wishful thinking you are anticipating these medical breakthroughs will keep coming.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 02:18:49 AM »

Organs can continue to develop even after puberty. They don't grow simply because of the bones. But if you actually experience a growth spurt then yes your organs might feel the urge to grow as well. I am not saying to grow up to 6'5" that's crazy! In my case, if I proportionally grow a good 6 or 7 inches then I would be fine with it.
5'1", 100 lbs

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »

Who said implanting growth plates? I am talkig about our ACTUAL growth plates being reopened.
5'1", 100 lbs

Taller

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:29:38 AM »

Who said implanting growth plates? I am talkig about our ACTUAL growth plates being reopened.

Your natural growth plates cease to exist once your natural growth finishes. They literally turn into bone, and can't be turned back into growth plates. Sorry, buddy.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 02:30:35 AM »

Organs can continue to develop even after puberty. They don't grow simply because of the bones. But if you actually experience a growth spurt then yes your organs might feel the urge to grow as well. I am not saying to grow up to 6'5" that's crazy! In my case, if I proportionally grow a good 6 or 7 inches then I would be fine with it.

Will a complete growth of organs happen if we artificially induce growth in someone who's over 30 years old?

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:27 AM »

Will a complete growth of organs happen if we artificially induce growth in someone who's over 30 years old?

Theoretically it should be possible, organs get signalled to grow through hgh coupled with various pathfinding elements like IGF-1 and 2. When bodybuilders overdose on hgh over a long period of time their organs experience visual growth, it's called a "hgh-gut" I think. That is when the stomach has grown large enough to create a visible bulge like this:

However there is no controlled and safe way of doing this right now (as far as I know). Most of our body size is determined by our skeleton and there is still no way to force longitudinal growth in bone after growth plate senescence-meaning that when you've stopped growing, that's it. On the bright side there is plenty of medical research about the possibility of implanting growth plates to help kids with damaged epiphyseal plates, the research has come quite far and it should be able to be used on adults with some modification. Maybe in 20 years this will be the preferred way of doing LL instead of using an internal nail or illazarov device.

Googled it and it seems like it has been done in sheep:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2355295

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 03:15:58 AM »

The organs of that guy in the photo are just wider not taller, growing proportional organs is a different story.
Pages: [1]   Go Up