Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this forum lack serious and experienced posters?  (Read 12727 times)

Uppland

Does this forum lack serious and experienced posters?
« on: February 08, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »

The core of this community is obviously experienced LL patients that post informative diaries and help out us prospects with info, reality checks and advice. Some of the most valuable users are MDoW, KiloKahn and RGKEY but when I joined, just a few months ago, there were several more including Wannabegiant, Sweden, OBG, Shyshy, Polycrates etc.

Of course we can't expect veterns to waste their time on here helping us but unfortunately we seem to have a weak influx of quality posters with experience. There are some promising ones like Yellowspike, programdude and Itsmylife but overall I feel like our demographics are going the wrong way. My ll journey is still a year away at least, and while I promise to make a complete diary, I would like to have more people share their experiences before then.

Not only that but the forum is also less active than just a few months ago, what's going on?
Do you guys think this is a problem and if so, what causes it?

Taller

Re: Does this forum lack serious and experienced posters?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »

I do think that this is is a problem, and it's even worse over at the old forum. The majority of posters ask stupid questions that have been answered many times already, and they use terrible grammar and spelling in doing so. To me, it's pretty disgusting. It wouldn't surprise me if constantly being asked to respond to these incessant but worthless posts has annoyed many LL patients to the point that they no longer feel like logging on and posting.

It feels good to interact online with other intellectual, intelligent, and serious people in order to discuss the issues associated with LL, especially since these topics aren't broached much in life outside this forum, but when LL patients feel as though they're mostly talking to a bunch of 12 year olds, then I can understand why they might feel a bit appalled by the forum and lose the desire to participate.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »

Taller, you wrote that you were beginning to overcome your height insecurities. Are you still planning to do the surgery?

Anyway I hope you're wrong about people leaving because of immature posters but I would lie if I said I haven't thought the same thing. What we really need is mature, well-prepared people who continue to update their diary till the end and are active in other threads by sharing their knowledge and experience.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »

There are mainly 2 reasons for that.

The first is that only a small part of people who do LL will actually write a diary, mainly because of privacy reasons (the guy who did LL in South Africa deleted his diary because of this I think). That was also the main concern of mine and that's why I didn't write a diary, because you don't really want anyone to know that you did LL, so posting pictures, telling where you're from, who's your doctor and so is a dumb idea.

The second reason is that the majority of this forums are morons. I tried to give advice but instead of being thankful or whatsoever you get called an idiot and they claim to know better, so why should I even try to help these kind of people? But I guess everyone who actually does this is kinda fked up in their head, including me, but a lot of people totally fked up. You have a guy with Aspergers, someone who claims to be a genius, a lot of aggressive guys and so on. I would never in my life talk to such people in real life, but that's just how forums work.

Also the moderators and admins kinda suck, but that's a whole other story.

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »

123 You should make a thread where you line up your advice and information so we've got it. It would be sad if what you know was lost just because people didn't listen. Of course you should also tell us where you learned of it and link sources if possible.

I agree that a lot of people on here are strange though and when I read stuff like passive-agressive threads about women, weird discussions about being "alpha" ,that would fit right in on 4chan or the MISC, and topics on everything from sperm samples (!) to people talking about theoretical procedures -then I too feel this isn't a serious website about surgery but more of a playground for short social outcasts.

I know I sound harsh but if we want this forum to continue having merit we need stronger norms about etiquette, i.e no insults, not going too much off topic (even in the off topic section), more emphasis on facts and less on opinion and more focus on actual limb-lenghtening rather than the perils of being short.

Overdozer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:27:37 PM »

Or, let me offer you an even easier explanation:
1. LL is a rare, expensive, dangerous, painful (etc) procedure, for this reason you won't ever see any LL forum get very popular.
2. There's not a single reason for someone who has completed his LL journey to stay attached to the forums.
3. Every single LL question/problem has been already discussed a thousand times.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 07:38:46 PM »

Exclide
1-Fair enough, I suppose the number of users fluctuates. Still worrisome that the quality of discussion has decreased.
2-True, only his sense of altruism and maybe they too might need advice even after the surgery.
3-Highly doubtful and there is always new issues that arise.

Blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 08:25:50 PM »

I agree that the moderators need to do a better job.  I don't mind the off topic threads.  The problem I have is with some of the rude people.  Especially the new ones and the young ones who act like they know everything and they talk  .

The moderators need to do a better job handling these people.  If I had to deal with their rude posts while doing LL I would quit the forum too.  I totally understand why Leechlet and others quit the forum.

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »

there are 2 main issues

1-new guys never listen to those that have had the surgery, so why bother

2- some of these threads are inane... the alpha male threads in particular

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 08:39:39 PM »

there are 2 main issues

1-new guys never listen to those that have had the surgery, so why bother

I think you're on to something, definitely agree on how ridiculous the "alpha" threads are.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 10:09:59 PM »

I think we just really need the veterans to come back even if just one day per week, it doesn't cost them that much to log in in a few minutes and answer some questions. I also agree about the admins not putting effort and yes some of the new people need to learn but I think they deserve an adaptation time for them to mature just like some older people here need to mature as well. We have some people with mental handicaps so please don't diss them or bother them unless you want the site to shrink even more.

We can only pray the situation gets better but lets be real just a few thousand get surgery per year so unless some artist makes it a fad we will be stuck with low traffic in the forum.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »

What alpha male threads are you talking about?

endomorphisme

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »

i think many people are taking distance because they got all the information they wanted.
And the veterans just want to resume a normal life and stop thinking of height, which is understandable
People who are psychologically healthy never think of height.

Taller

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 11:42:31 PM »

The problem is that few veterans come back to tell us that they are healthy and are living a completely normal life. Surely the majority of the veterans haven't forgotten about the forums they once participated so much in. Something else keeps them from returning.

endomorphisme

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 11:55:13 PM »

The problem is that few veterans come back to tell us that they are healthy and are living a completely normal life. Surely the majority of the veterans haven't forgotten about the forums they once participated so much in. Something else keeps them from returning.

what are you thinking?

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »

Like what?

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 01:53:41 AM »

And the veterans just want to resume a normal life and stop thinking of height, which is understandable...

As much as they try their minds will never cease to think of height unfortunately.

Blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:25 AM »

As much as they try their minds will never cease to think of height unfortunately.

I think many of them move on because they are content with their height after LL.  Maybe because they are happy with their new height, and for some maybe another round of LL isn't worth it.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 04:37:17 AM »

I think you guys are being greedy.

your approaching this forum traffic like a manager approaches a job demanding greater job efficiency. when in truth this forum has the most resources in the entire world (basically) compared to any other diary orientated service. you have the best resources compiled in the entire world and you guys are demanding greater service. im just saying be gratefull.

there will always be fluctuations in traffic, this forums traffic will change based on the current number of people undergoing leg lengthening and writing diaries. at the moment it is true a great many people for the first time are just participating in discussion but not writing diaries because of privacy concerns.

the vets are not gone they are just living life and coming back every so often, for example ant was not logged on for like a year and then came back 2wice 3 months apart, he answered a few threads but I suspect mainly participated in private message for serious candidates for leg lengthening.

veterans when they come back and post will be private messaged by people who are actually serious about lengthening, a lot of people who post in threads are only researching, they are not serious about lengthening, they may never even get leg lengthening or might get it in like 10 years. why are veterans going to come back to answer questions of infinticimable value. but rather I find the vets always respond to private message in detail.

so in summery, nothing is wrong with the traffic, it is expected, there are many veterans here, and the other veterans still pop in but are much more prone to answer private messages in detail from my experience, this being due to the fact that all the information you need is already on this forum. there is no point for them to waste their time commenting unless to update their diary.

stop looking for faults that are not there, and understand that this forum has everything you need. I think if you want to increase the traffic then the administators need to devise a method to increase privacy, such as the option to remove time stamps, and this can go to a topic labeled no time stamp diaries. something like this. because that is the main issue for traffic being lowered. we don't need to increase traffic but this would be how to achieve a revamp in diaries if it was so wanted.

the admins should come together and write a list of all the reason (or make a thread asking people for the reasons) asking for what makes people not want to write a diary. then come together and discuss if its possible to create a new section that can circumnavigate these reasons.

:)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 08:54:36 PM »

I think you guys are being greedy.

when in truth this forum has the most resources in the entire world (basically) compared to any other diary orientated service. you have the best resources compiled in the entire world and you guys are demanding greater service. im just saying be grateful.

This site is good but not perfect, I've had to ask several questions not addressed before in any thread of this site and they were related to leg lengthening as well.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »

many trollers and people who give negative remarks

it is not a good idea to post ur own diary as it will affect ur recovery.

lots of nonsense is going on and mis-information going on on these forums.

was deeply offended and felt it was such a waste of my time reading those comments but after realising some of them probably have mental issues, i do not feel so angered or affected.

dr monegal's thread is even worse. and those threads about alpha male and ideal heights etc

KrP1

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »

it is not a good idea to post ur own diary as it will affect ur recovery.

lots of nonsense is going on and mis-information going on on these forums.

was deeply offended and felt it was such a waste of my time reading those comments but after realising some of them probably have mental issues, i do not feel so angered or affected.

dr monegal's thread is even worse. and those threads about alpha male and ideal heights etc

oh yeah , like the social scort height thread that you posted

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 01:28:41 AM »

Be grateful that the trollers rarely post a comment and some don't even post anymore, the ones that have staid solid and constant are all serious people. Negativity is passable and different points of view are also ok.

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 10:16:50 AM »

Everyone, dameon posted in the dr. Monegal topic that he will talk to the moderators about clearer rules -particularly about rude comments and trolling.

tallerbetter

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »

There are trolls and negative people but I think freedom of speech should be respected before all.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »

There are trolls and negative people but I think freedom of speech should be respected before all.

Freedom of Speech is not literal, we don't have the freedom to verbally abuse our brethren for example.

tallerbetter

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »

No verbal abuse should be allowed, but discrepancies and jokes should be permitted. I don't like my posts being removed.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »

No verbal abuse should be allowed, but discrepancies and jokes should be permitted. I don't like my posts being removed.

They have a bias for certain users like the guy who scared away an important Doctor he's not banned,yet we the good people get bad treatment.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »

Yes, yes... They have a bias for certain users. I agree.  Some of my posts in the thread Puetoricanwasp123 is talking about have been removed by moderators without apparent reason. They argue I was repetitive, but there are many people in this forum who get repetitive and their posts are not deleted. Even if the longest of my post was posted again by Dameon, I'm unhappy with the fact that some of my posts have been deleted, because I didn't insult or criticize anybody.

Maybe they don't like female users, it happens a lot in male dominated forums.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 09:21:54 PM »

There's no bias or conspiracy against particular members of the forum. When this site was started, the intent was to let posters have more freedom in posting because we're (mostly) adults here and we don't want to be like the old forum. There were times when we thought about getting more strict with moderation, but when it was suggested, most of the users who responded seemed to have a negative opinion about stricter posting guidelines. It now looks like the popular opinion of the board is swaying the other way and more strict posting guidelines and moderating is what's wanted.

As Dameon posted in Dr Monegal's thread, the site admin (Dameon) and the mods are going to discuss it and a topic will be posted where everyone can give their feedback so we can reach a decision on this matter. Obviously we're not going to be able to please everyone but we're not ignoring the concerns of the members here.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Muse

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »

Reading this thread, it's clear that some people want freedom of speech above all while others prefer moderators to be more strict in enforcing the rules.  We will have that discussion in a new thread.

Yes, yes... They have a bias for certain users. I agree.  Some of my posts in the thread Puetoricanwasp123 is talking about have been removed by moderators without apparent reason. They argue I was repetitive, but there are many people in this forum who get repetitive and their posts are not deleted. Even if the longest of my post was posted again by Dameon, I'm unhappy with the fact that some of my posts have been deleted, because I didn't insult or criticize anybody.

We locked and delete posts in a few topic where people discuss "Should people of X height do LL"  before, so don't claim yours is an exceptional situation.

Forcedpuberty posts were also removed, so if it's biased toward one party then his posts would have remained.  As it is, both parties posts were removed and that's the most fair thing to do from a neutral standpoint.   I believe you two would still be debating even now if nothing was done about it,  and that's not what this forum is about. 

You have to agree to disagree at a certain point and let people have their own opinion.  Shoving an opinion down people throats does not work.

You should read the forum rules again,  #10  clearly stated  Hogging the Forum is not allowed

"Constantly replying to a thread by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles."

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1007.0

They have a bias for certain users like the guy who scared away an important Doctor he's not banned,yet we the good people get bad treatment.

We look at each case individually and conclude that medcare was clearly trolling whereas forcedpuberty was trying to raise a valid point about not reading too much into  overly positive comments right away. It's hard to understand this if you did not experience what happened at the old forum.   

End of the day, we are going to give Forcedpuberty a warning for insulting with the word "bumlicker"  but he did not do enough to be ban worthy yet.    If he acclumate more warnings, then he will be up for a ban.   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:13:17 PM by Dameon »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up