Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 30-32 too old to do LL?  (Read 1365 times)

Is 30-32 too old to do LL?
« on: May 26, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »

I'm now a little less than 26.5 but I don't have the money atm and there are things I have to do first. And sometimes I have doubts.

Also would you say that LL shorten life expectancy? I am no doctor, but thinking that the way muscle tissues are stretched unnaturally after LL, it must heavily affect our body mechanic.

Activatedx

Re: Is 30-32 too old to do LL?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 11:16:38 PM »

I'm now a little less than 26.5 but I don't have the money atm and there are things I have to do first. And sometimes I have doubts.

Also would you say that LL shorten life expectancy? I am no doctor, but thinking that the way muscle tissues are stretched unnaturally after LL, it must heavily affect our body mechanic.

Doubt it it would shorten life expectancy but younger you do it the better. Some people do it 40-50 but slower healing and higher complication rate

azman

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 04:30:19 AM »

Hey Bruce

The following is the questions and answer I got from Dr. Rozbruch, one of the doctor I'm considering doing my CLL.  Guess I was in your shoe, maybe shorter, I'm going to do CLL this year or the beginning of next year with Dr. R or Dr. G, just need to figure everything out.  Hope this help.  The caps are his answers.  Wished I done it sooner back in 2017 but no time is better than now.  And it better not shorten my life, hoping it will improve it!!!!!!!!!!!

01.  Do you take patient that’s 5’ ½?”  YES

02.  At age, 44, is it safe to have the NuVasive’s Precice Stryde bilateral femurs lengthening surgery?YES

03.  What can I do to prepare for bilateral femurs lengthening surgery? EAT WELL, EXERCISE
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:23:17 AM by azman »

soitchi

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 06:17:26 AM »

what happened to getting it at 27, then it changed to in the next 3 years IIRC, now it's 30-32? lmfao
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

InFullStryde

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »

I was a bit nervous about my age and LL; however, at 37, I pressed forward and it has all worked out fine.   A lot of it has to do with how well (or not well) you have taken care of yourself over the years.  If you are in good health; the body will bounce back at a good rate (same year) as surgery.   I'm walking at less than 5 months and my bone breaks are fused and healing fine.   So to answer your question 30-32, in my opinion, is a great age to get CLL over with. 
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »

Doubt it it would shorten life expectancy but younger you do it the better. Some people do it 40-50 but slower healing and higher complication rate

Hey Bruce

The following is the questions and answer I got from Dr. Rozbruch, one of the doctor I'm considering doing my CLL.  Guess I was in your shoe, maybe shorter, I'm going to do CLL this year or the beginning of next year with Dr. R or Dr. G, just need to figure everything out.  Hope this help.  The caps are his answers.  Wished I done it sooner back in 2017 but no time is better than now.  And it better not shorten my life, hoping it will improve it!!!!!!!!!!!

01.  Do you take patient that’s 5’ ½?”  YES

02.  At age, 44, is it safe to have the NuVasive’s Precice Stryde bilateral femurs lengthening surgery?YES

03.  What can I do to prepare for bilateral femurs lengthening surgery? EAT WELL, EXERCISE

I was a bit nervous about my age and LL; however, at 37, I pressed forward and it has all worked out fine.   A lot of it has to do with how well (or not well) you have taken care of yourself over the years.  If you are in good health; the body will bounce back at a good rate (same year) as surgery.   I'm walking at less than 5 months and my bone breaks are fused and healing fine.   So to answer your question 30-32, in my opinion, is a great age to get CLL over with.

It's not just about health and risks. But you gotta ask yourself if it's worth it to go through so much trouble and pain for some height at the age where your youth has passed, meaning that you haven't got much time to enjoy the benefits. Imagine someone does it at 20-22. That's like a decade more than we'd have to enjoy the benefits of LL.

what happened to getting it at 27, then it changed to in the next 3 years IIRC, now it's 30-32? lmfao

Something came up so shut up, edwardv6.

soitchi

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »

Something came up so shut up, edwardv6.
I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you get this surgery sooner than later. Will you be making a diary when you do?
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown
Pages: [1]   Go Up