Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there any legit tall guy who slept 0-2 hours every night during childhood?  (Read 1189 times)

Everytime I bring it up, people just quickly shut me down. The problem is their definition of sleep deprivation is 5-6 hours a night.

Here I'm talking about 0-2 hours every night consistently from the age of 10 till the end of teenage years.

I remember once in a Junior High School, I felt so damn grateful for managing to get 4 hours of sleep the previous night. My sleep deprivation got worse and worse till Senior High School. God knows how much I slept. I admit that I might have taken a nap in the afternoon after school, but growth hormone is produced at night.

I wonder if there's a tall man who did so, then the theory that extreme sleep deprivation (0-2 hours a night) can significantly stunt growth would become debateable.

I guess it's not gonna be easy though to find such a man. In general it's very rare that someone could do what I did. I had an extreme hatred towards school and taste for nocturnality.

Jim_dabarber

Lmao hgh does not necessarily only get released at night. The major period of HGH release occurs about an hour after you first fall asleep, night or day.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Lmao hgh does not necessarily only get released at night. The major period of HGH release occurs about an hour after you first fall asleep, night or day.

Who told you?

Still, I didn't even get 3 hours of sleep per night.

Astronomy

Who told you?

HGH is being released all day and just the most in midnight

Ghostfish

Hi Wayne
First of all, there are not many legit tall guys in this forum.  Plus, as you said, it would be very rare to find anyone who slept for only 0-2h for a long time during teenage.  Even if you found such a man who is tall despite sleep deprivation, it doesn't change anything or help you.  Even if you find that kind of person, it doesn't prove anything.  Nobody knows whether that person could have grown taller if he slept more, right?  It is pointless.
Just try to find a way to do CLL and do it and move on.

HGH is being released all day and just the most in midnight

You just validated my fear.

Hi Wayne
First of all, there are not many legit tall guys in this forum.  Plus, as you said, it would be very rare to find anyone who slept for only 0-2h for a long time during teenage.  Even if you found such a man who is tall despite sleep deprivation, it doesn't change anything or help you.  Even if you find that kind of person, it doesn't prove anything.  Nobody knows whether that person could have grown taller if he slept more, right?  It is pointless.
Just try to find a way to do CLL and do it and move on.

Yes, you are right. Even if I found such a man, he could have grown more. But I thought it's a start. We should start somewhere.

I think the best thing to do is to simply assume that I've lost 4" due to my past. So that I'd stop wondering.

Sanity

I used to think the same way and worried alot. Im not sure if i know som1 who was so sleep deprived and wat became of them but i know som1 who got the best possible sleep i have ever seen and yet hes quite short. I dont know how much tht helps u but this guy has slept 9-10 hours everyday since the age i saw him 8 to 15. Yet hes quite short

Definetely sleep deprivation can affect growth but i wont say more than 1-2 inch max. Genes rule in the end and body finds a way to let genes overtake. Also there was a research i read on this which showed ppl who were constantly sleep deprived released much more hgh in the day compared to full sleepers. But they also found the net hgh production to be slightly higher in full night sleepers.

Also 1 more thing i know for a fact is that most amount of hgh is already released in the first 2-3 hours of sleep. Add to that higher hgh than normal in day i think the differences become quite minimal in the end.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

soitchi

Who told you?

no wonder you flip-flop and contradict yourself all the time lol

https://www.uni-bonn.de/Press-releases/sleep-deprivation-leads-to-symptoms-of-schizophrenia
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

no wonder you flip-flop and contradict yourself all the time lol

https://www.uni-bonn.de/Press-releases/sleep-deprivation-leads-to-symptoms-of-schizophrenia

Except that my sleep deprivation occured 10-20 years ago, dumbass.

soitchi

Except that my sleep deprivation occured 10-20 years ago, dumbass.
Sorry to hear that you couldn't get enough sleep @Bruce Wayne. Were you scared of the monsters under the bed?
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get enough sleep @Bruce Wayne. Were you scared of the monsters under the bed?

No, but the ones in the school I had to meet every morning once I woke up from my sleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up