Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been away for a while and confused about current options. Need tips.  (Read 559 times)

BiggestProblem

Hi! I used to browse this forum a lot, but I haven't lately.
Initially I had hopes of doing 8cm femur and 6cm tibia and just going all in, however, reality catches up.

I have decided that I simply want to become at least 170 CM. My height seems to be around 166 (tried measuring just now and I am 165.5-166.5, kind of hard to measure without proper tools).
If I were to lengthen 3.5-5 cm (5 in case I am only 165), tibias are the obvious choice, but there is a problem:

I am currently using shoe lifts along with Nike Airmax, making me not look quite as short.
Were I to do tibia, I assume I would have to stop using them due to the screwed-up proportions?

This makes me more inclined to do Femurs, however, I have the stiffest legs ever.
If I try to bend forward to reach the ground, I can only reach my knees (I am extremely stiff). Meaning that femur would not work well for me? Or am I wrong?

Femurs would:
1) Allow me to lengthen a bit more (under normal circumstances at least. Meaning that I could reach 171-172.
2) Not make me look as weird if I were to combine it with Shoe Lifts.
3) Perhaps not be possible due to stiff hamstrings?

Tibia would:
1) Be half the cost of femurs, or even less. Meaning that I could afford it straight out of Uni (I have some savings, would convert to around 20-25k dollars)
2) Be possible(?). I don’t think my calves are as stiff as my hamstrings, if they are, I can do achilles tendon release.

About what doctor,
Femur: Is Mangal Parihar (and Precise 2) still the most cost-efficient (and realiable) way of doing femurs? I heard that the South African doctor quit.
Tibia: I am thinking of Catagni/Pili, they seemed good when I was researching a few years ago, being able to do the surgery in Europe would also be very preferable.

I am extremely confused. With this information, do any of you have any suggestions for how I should proceed?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

shortasiandude

• Visitor
Re: Been away for a while and confused about current options. Need tips.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »

I'm not qualified to give any advice but I'm going to do femur with dr betz, and do 8-10cm. and im same height as you :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I know I may not recover 100% but i guess that's a worthy tradeoff IMO

Ghostfish

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 06:40:03 AM »

I'm not qualified to give any advice but I'm going to do femur with dr betz, and do 8-10cm. and im same height as you :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I know I may not recover 100% but i guess that's a worthy tradeoff IMO
Hi shortasiandude
I feel for you.  But do not go beyond 8 cm for any segment.  8 cm is pretty much max for femur and even with 8 cm, you will lose quite some athleticism, not to mention proportion as well.

Apparition

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »

Hi shortasiandude
I feel for you.  But do not go beyond 8 cm for any segment.  8 cm is pretty much max for femur and even with 8 cm, you will lose quite some athleticism, not to mention proportion as well.

Where would you recommend stopping?

I want to do 8cm femur and 5cm tibia because that would make me 6ft but I don't know if that's actually feasible.
Starting height: 169cm / 5'7"

Goal height: 182cm / almost 6'0"

BiggestProblem

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 08:31:58 AM »

Shortasiandude:

Don't go that far. You are fking yourself over for life. Don't do more than 6.5 cm on your femur, do tibia later on instead of you really want more.

Apparition:

You are not going to do that, trust me. You will get fked up.
If you want to combine, to be safe, 6 femur and 4.5 tibia is probably your max. And that's fine. You'd become tall if u did that.

Guys, don't do more than 15% of initial length. Just don't.
Let's say your femur is 40 cm and your tibia is 30, that means you'd be able to do 6 femur and 4.5 tibia. And still remain somewhat functional.

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Ghostfish

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »

Where would you recommend stopping?

I want to do 8cm femur and 5cm tibia because that would make me 6ft but I don't know if that's actually feasible.
Hi Apparition
I am not a doctor and lengthening is all depending on person.  Of course, you will lose quite significant athleticism.  But I think generally speaking your goal is feasible without compromising too much functionality.  I saw some people with 7-8 cm in femurs and they seem to recover well and live normal life.  For tibia, 5 cm is a good amount.  Many people have done 5-6 cm in tibias.  Overall, I think your goal is feasible.  However, you just need to remember you are very unlikely to do lots of sport activities after CLL.  If that is fine with you, then go for it!

Good luck!

Apparition

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »

You are not going to do that, trust me. You will get fked up.
If you want to combine, to be safe, 6 femur and 4.5 tibia is probably your max. And that's fine. You'd become tall if u did that.

Guys, don't do more than 15% of initial length. Just don't.
Let's say your femur is 40 cm and your tibia is 30, that means you'd be able to do 6 femur and 4.5 tibia. And still remain somewhat functional.

Is there a certain length at which the legs get ruined or is it 15% of the bone length? I keep seeing LL doctors (Paley, Debiparshad, etc) consistently advertising their operations as 8 cm femur and 5 cm tibia but from what you're saying it's actually dangerous to go that far.
Starting height: 169cm / 5'7"

Goal height: 182cm / almost 6'0"

StrangeDays67

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 02:05:41 PM »

Are you out of shape? I would start exercising and doing some stretches to improve that. And choosing femurs vs tibias is allways based upon your current ratio of femur to tibia.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »

Are you out of shape? I would start exercising and doing some stretches to improve that. And choosing femurs vs tibias is allways based upon your current ratio of femur to tibia.

I was born stiff. I am currently not in very good shape but I have been and my hamstrings were just as tense. Over all my body is very (extremely) tense.

Not really, choice is most often dependent on money.
Lots of money: Internal femur
Little money: External tibia

BiggestProblem

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »

Is there a certain length at which the legs get ruined or is it 15% of the bone length? I keep seeing LL doctors (Paley, Debiparshad, etc) consistently advertising their operations as 8 cm femur and 5 cm tibia but from what you're saying it's actually dangerous to go that far.

As far as tibia problems, ballerina etc, the magical number seems to be 13%.

In general you'll see huge problems post 20%, some problems 15-20% and a lot less complications sub 15%.
The difference between 10-13% is not the same as from 15-18%. It get's exponentially worse.

But to be fair, if you do 15% of both segments, you'll become a lot taller and also not get screwed up. It's worth being 176 instead of 179 if it means that you can jump.

Pages: [1]   Go Up