Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: parihar vs giotikas  (Read 766 times)

pjgpmjq

parihar vs giotikas
« on: April 20, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »

I am lost with these two doctors. Both are relatively inexpensive and the technology is excellent. parihar is cheaper, but the Indian environment is dirty. The giotikas will be a little higher, but the Greek environment may be good. I will receive the LON method at the tibia. Which doctor do you decide?

BiggestProblem

Re: parihar vs giotikas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »

Greece over India any day of the month.

If you live in Europe that makes the choice even easier.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:06:04 PM »

If you're in a hotel, the environment is more than fine in Mumbai. There are plenty of clean places to stay in if you have the money for it.

I haven't seen any final results for Giotikas, so there's no track record to base an opinion on. Perhaps do a Skype consult with both doctors to help in your decision.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

james2334

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 03:31:33 AM »

If you're in a hotel, the environment is more than fine in Mumbai. There are plenty of clean places to stay in if you have the money for it.

I haven't seen any final results for Giotikas, so there's no track record to base an opinion on. Perhaps do a Skype consult with both doctors to help in your decision.

Is there a rehabilitation center in parihar?  Which is more beautiful at the hotel or at the rehab center?  If I stay at a hotel, I am anxious about whether physical therapy is performed every day.  Your opinion as a patient is very helpful.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:13:10 AM »

Is there a rehabilitation center in parihar?  Which is more beautiful at the hotel or at the rehab center?  If I stay at a hotel, I am anxious about whether physical therapy is performed every day.  Your opinion as a patient is very helpful.

There's a section downstairs at the hospital where you can do phsyiotherapy. If you go to there, then you get the phsyiotherapy session there for no extra cost. If you want the physiotherapist to visit your hotel, then you pay per visit, but they're very inexpensive.

Dr Parihar's clinic is on the older side, so hotels definitely look nicer. Most will do discounts for long term stay and I wouldn't be surprised if you could find one that will be around $50 daily for a discount.

I stayed for a bit at a really nice hotel nearby called The Fern:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19044447/fern_suite.jpg.html

And then I transferred to Hotel Maharana which had rooms that looked like this:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19058312/maharana_room_0.jpg.html

james2334

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »

There's a section downstairs at the hospital where you can do phsyiotherapy. If you go to there, then you get the phsyiotherapy session there for no extra cost. If you want the physiotherapist to visit your hotel, then you pay per visit, but they're very inexpensive.

Dr Parihar's clinic is on the older side, so hotels definitely look nicer. Most will do discounts for long term stay and I wouldn't be surprised if you could find one that will be around $50 daily for a discount.

I stayed for a bit at a really nice hotel nearby called The Fern:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19044447/fern_suite.jpg.html

And then I transferred to Hotel Maharana which had rooms that looked like this:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19058312/maharana_room_0.jpg.html

It is a very beautiful hotel.  I read an article that parihar would never perform surgery unless he had a close acquaintance.  I am Japanese and can not speak English well.  Can everything be done alone in India?  And Mr. Kiro, have you ever had any problems after extension?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

It is a very beautiful hotel.  I read an article that parihar would never perform surgery unless he had a close acquaintance.  I am Japanese and can not speak English well.  Can everything be done alone in India?  And Mr. Kiro, have you ever had any problems after extension?

When I was there, only Indian locals needed a family member present with them. However, all patients, even international ones, needed to provide him with an emergency contact name and number of a person who is aware that the surgery is being performed on them. I was alone the whole time, but my mom and sister knew what I was doing and he even called them after my surgery was done to let them know I was doing well.

No serious issues, but I developed an annoying chronic exertional compartment syndrome that had to be corrected with further surgery. Developing CECS is a risk for anyone undergoing leg lengthening, unfortunately, but it can be corrected with fasciotomy.

ok

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 10:52:07 AM »

I am Japanese and can not speak English well.  Can everything be done alone in India?

Depends on how good or bad your spoken English is. I think the doctors will be able to try and understand you (Dr Parihar and team is quite patient with hearing out their patients and answering their questions) but outside the hospital it might be a challenge. If you are going to do in India make sure you stay in a very good hotel and use the hotel's taxi service for example. Just make sure you have every step of the way figured out (how you will go from A to B, how will you buy medicines, etc)

If your English is too bad, maybe go to South Korea where they translators (I have heard).

jievince3

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »

There have been 3 diaries on the forum. They do very well with Dr.G.

james2334

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »

Depends on how good or bad your spoken English is. I think the doctors will be able to try and understand you (Dr Parihar and team is quite patient with hearing out their patients and answering their questions) but outside the hospital it might be a challenge. If you are going to do in India make sure you stay in a very good hotel and use the hotel's taxi service for example. Just make sure you have every step of the way figured out (how you will go from A to B, how will you buy medicines, etc)

If your English is too bad, maybe go to South Korea where they translators (I have heard).

Korean dong heung is quite expensive.  Besides, Korea has no good doctor except Dong Hoon.  I do not like Korea very much

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »

There have been 3 diaries on the forum. They do very well with Dr.G.
One of them is not having bone regeneration.
Go for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up