Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: You can not stretch ITB bands - the scientific truth  (Read 3793 times)

sixfootandhalf

ITB band can not be stretched - absolutely critical truth
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2023, 04:04:34 PM »

"In 2010, Irish researcher Dr. Eanna Falvey and her colleagues measured the mechanical effect of a basic IT band stretch (like the standard one illustrated at right) plus a more sophisticated stretch, and found virtually no difference: the IT band was effectively unaffected. And that was including knee flexion, in a stretch carefully applied to corpses by anatomists!1213 In an even more aggressive experiment in 2017, the IT band was completely excised, washed, frozen, thawed, and machine-stretched … and it still stretched only a few millimetres"

https://www.painscience.com/articles/iliotibial-band-syndrome-stretch.php#:~:text=The%20iliotibial%20band%20itself%20is,tendon%20in%20the%20human%20body.
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

jerrytheman

5-6cm doesn’t require an itb release

Neither does 8, it just makes your life easier. If you dont have an ITB release, you're not gonna feel good at 6 cm lol

LONFemurs2021

5-6cm doesn’t require an itb release

Lol, you're so wrong.

Siegfried

Neither does 8, it just makes your life easier. If you dont have an ITB release, you're not gonna feel good at 6 cm lol

wrong, did about 6cm on femurs, feel great, didnt need it. Neither did any of the other numerous patients from my surgeon, who did 6cm on femurs, need an itb-release. Its usually just the people who go overboard with lengthening and do 8+cm who complain about wide legs and other complications, that can only be remedied with addiontal itb-surgery.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Siegfried

Lol, you're so wrong.

hes actually correct
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

jerrytheman

I love how people assume you don't need something because they didn't need it.

Like ITB is required in pretty much all US doctors that go 6+cm target. It wasn't always like that, it's just that they realized a lot of patients had trouble with duck ass and wide legs they decided to require it for those target ranges. Why do you not go tell Dr Paley he's wrong instead of us lol.
Just to clarify. It isn't required, just make's your lengthening life easier because ITB is a very stubborn facia to stretch.

sixfootandhalf

Just look at the diaries of the LL patients, their wide legs and severe stifness began around 3cm and was much worse by 5=6
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

informationispower

wrong, did about 6cm on femurs, feel great, didnt need it. Neither did any of the other numerous patients from my surgeon, who did 6cm on femurs, need an itb-release. Its usually just the people who go overboard with lengthening and do 8+cm who complain about wide legs and other complications, that can only be remedied with addiontal itb-surgery.

You didnt get itb release when doing the surgery? I thought all surgeons perform it prophylactically

LONFemurs2021

hes actually correct

He literally is not, like, how ignorant can you be.
I did 6cm and would not be anywhere close to walking if I didn't have ITB release upon fixator removal, they were so tight it was ridiculous.

sixfootandhalf

when did the tightness start?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Not everyone needs it just because you did.

jerrytheman

Not everyone needs it just because you did.

Except the fact that it's no longer an option and US surgeons requires it if your target it 8cm. But I agree with the fact that you can finish lengthening without it, and a few years ago, US doctors did NOT require it. But they've learned and realize there's more pros to doing an ITB release than not to do it so they've started requiring it.

sixfootandhalf

Goitikas advice on 'soft ITB' release by Dr Becker
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2023, 05:11:42 PM »

Both Dr Becker and Dr Goitikas are world class surgeons, and amazing professionals.
Dr Goitikas has not criticised or given any bad remarks about Dr Becker, and i regard Dr Becker as one of the world class leg lengthening surgeons, and an amazing human being.

We don't always see eye to eye with our own family, and small disagreements are perfectly healthy and normal.

Dr Becker currently offers a 'soft' ITB release, which is a pokign method in the ITB band.

Dr Goitikas offers a minor ITB incision on the band itself. There is a more agressive form of this called a Z plasty but he does not do this normally - only in rare cases. He uses the less invasive but 'proper' ITB release.

I have had a consultation with Goitikas, who told me that almost every surgeon now offers an ITB release, and the 'soft' ITB release done by the Betz/Becker institute will do little if anything at all for leg lengthening.

The soft poking method is not enough.

Goitikas, and Paley too in their works, remarked they ALWAYS perform prophylactic iTB release if anyone is lengthening femurs past 5cm. They say that the ITB band heals extremely well, and you can find diaries of so many patients who had LL in Germany, but flew to Goitikas for the ITB release, and their walk actually improved.

sixfootandhalf

Betz had mentioned you just need to stretch, even if it's 8,9,10cm. Hard work, and rigorous physiptheraphy and stretching may be all you need.

Goitikas and Paley have said the opposite , the ITB band can not be stretched like this, a release is almost absolutely essential to resolve extreme tightness, wide legs, duck ass, and return to normality.

sixfootandhalf

Re: You can not stretch ITB bands - the scientific truth
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2023, 05:16:30 PM »

A 'soft poke' release is not sufficient, as per Dr Goitikas. This 'soft' ITB release does little if anything for leg lengthening.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

In 2007 when I got LL, one of the docs routinely did achilles releases for tibia patients going beyond 5 cm. :o

tsmith4900

Re: Goitikas advice on 'soft ITB' release by Dr Becker
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2023, 06:56:28 PM »

Jesus fking christ ITB releases live rent free in your head. Every single post you make is about this.

informationispower

Re: Goitikas advice on 'soft ITB' release by Dr Becker
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2023, 07:31:46 PM »

Jesus fking christ ITB releases live rent free in your head. Every single post you make is about this.

Lol finally somebody said it

sixfootandhalf

Re: You can not stretch ITB bands - the scientific truth
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:09 AM »

Goal is 9cm femur

Becker says I don't need a release
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up