Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent effects of LL  (Read 241088 times)

Movie

Re: My Knee Issues
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »

how come? what's the point of leaving them in?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

KrP1

« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »

I can update my pain level as well. I almost feel no pain at all in my knees anymore and I run, jump, do martial arts and all there is to it today and I feel barely anything.

I got used to the pain so nowadays I’m surprised I don’t feel it anymore.

There is still a little bit of stiffness in the mornings but it’s nothing really. I mean, who isn’t stiff in the morning? :)

I was just out for a long run and there is no sensitivity or any pain in the knees.

I’ve been actively trying to fix my Xlegs with many exercises and have special made insoles I use when I walk.
Maybe it has helped, don’t know - but life without pain is better!! :)

And no, I won’t remove my rods in my legs. I will die with them in there.

you will have more athletic hability with them out, i feel that way after removal.

shortguy4cll

Re: Permanent effects of LL
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2019, 08:25:07 PM »

In some ways i wish i was american..short guys are able to be successful in america..but canada is a very judgemental place. The wrong look will lead you to a life full of misery.

Jamee12

• Visitor
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

never be scared of LL, it change my life and I thankful every day that it.  More importantly, we have a though process of yin and yang.  Meaning something negative has to come from everything positive - like some weird cosmic balance.  This is not the case with Leg Lengthening. 

Think of it like being overweight, then losing weight.  Where is the yin and yang?  You will enjoy your life more comfortable and healthy.  The same is true with LL, just follow the procedure daily, eat correctly, take your medication as directed and work through it during the lengthening the process.  Being short isn't the end of the world and if you can handle that you can handle everything.

No one ever knew how much height effected me, I was happy, had great friends and interesting relationship.  I ignored and work thru clothes not fitting correctly because I had kids legs and man size waist.  I prefer were shorts because pants always look weird on me and made me feel uncomfortable.   I wore lift shoes from time to time so I could be a little taller at bars or meeting new people.   

But I made it through, when an opportunity came up and I had the money I completed the surgery in 2009.  It was amazing, it truly was a life changing event for me.  I was happy to go out drive around, show myself off.  I couldn't buy enough clothes because everything looked good.   Girls actually, gave me a lot of attention - my strength was gone but in its place was height.  I worked out went to physio and regain the ability to walk without showing issues.  What a difference it made in my life. 

I looked at my Porsche and thought?!?! I am no longer a short person driving an awesome car.   Here's the thing, I remember what it was like to be short and when I see short people I don't say anything but I always try to stand a little shorter get a little nicer because I remember being short myself and it suck for me.  I am thankful I was able to get taller and that the Lord allowed me to do such an amazing thing. 

Please make sure you mind is in right gear before you do it.  These chat rooms are full of people that need emotional support not to get taller.  Getting taller didn't change me.  It allow me to express how I always felt about my self, larger then I was.  Hope this helps with idea - going through this procedure is complicated and expensive I used the best doctor in the world.  He invented the system, device and technique and it was still challenging.  THIS is a hard procedure full of risk and pain.  And while you are doing it, it feels like it will hurt forever then one day after 6 months you walk up like nothing happened, no pain, no aching and then you stand up and wow - -you are really tall!!!!

Jamee

Montreal172

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »

I need some opinions.

I'm in a situation where I NEED LL, my femur to femur is about 6 CM off, my tibia to tibia is about 3 cm off. I have constant knee pain on my right side, lots of cracking if I get down too much.

I can either do it local and it's free, but would only fix the 6 CM and 3 CM.

Or

go elsewhere, do tibia up to 6 cm, and pay, fix my discrepancy at the same time, then come back to my country and do femur local and removed the rod from the tibia.

Don't know which is best, I stand at 172 cm. Also trying to figure how much height gain would I get from option A.

Movie

« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2019, 06:40:16 AM »

never be scared of LL, it change my life and I thankful every day that it.  More importantly, we have a though process of yin and yang.  Meaning something negative has to come from everything positive - like some weird cosmic balance.  This is not the case with Leg Lengthening. 

Think of it like being overweight, then losing weight.  Where is the yin and yang?  You will enjoy your life more comfortable and healthy.  The same is true with LL, just follow the procedure daily, eat correctly, take your medication as directed and work through it during the lengthening the process.  Being short isn't the end of the world and if you can handle that you can handle everything.

No one ever knew how much height effected me, I was happy, had great friends and interesting relationship.  I ignored and work thru clothes not fitting correctly because I had kids legs and man size waist.  I prefer were shorts because pants always look weird on me and made me feel uncomfortable.   I wore lift shoes from time to time so I could be a little taller at bars or meeting new people.   

But I made it through, when an opportunity came up and I had the money I completed the surgery in 2009.  It was amazing, it truly was a life changing event for me.  I was happy to go out drive around, show myself off.  I couldn't buy enough clothes because everything looked good.   Girls actually, gave me a lot of attention - my strength was gone but in its place was height.  I worked out went to physio and regain the ability to walk without showing issues.  What a difference it made in my life. 

I looked at my Porsche and thought?!?! I am no longer a short person driving an awesome car.   Here's the thing, I remember what it was like to be short and when I see short people I don't say anything but I always try to stand a little shorter get a little nicer because I remember being short myself and it suck for me.  I am thankful I was able to get taller and that the Lord allowed me to do such an amazing thing. 

Please make sure you mind is in right gear before you do it.  These chat rooms are full of people that need emotional support not to get taller.  Getting taller didn't change me.  It allow me to express how I always felt about my self, larger then I was.  Hope this helps with idea - going through this procedure is complicated and expensive I used the best doctor in the world.  He invented the system, device and technique and it was still challenging.  THIS is a hard procedure full of risk and pain.  And while you are doing it, it feels like it will hurt forever then one day after 6 months you walk up like nothing happened, no pain, no aching and then you stand up and wow - -you are really tall!!!!

Jamee
yo dope comment! inspiring man! thanks by the way
what doctor was it?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Activatedx

« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2019, 05:43:46 AM »

What doctor? And I have a Porsche too lol and that’s exactly how I feel, planning to do this in 2020

Jamee

cam007

« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »

Man there are so few reputable people on here, that sucks.

After going thru the old and new forum. People here STILL talking about going over safe limits. Questions doctors and facts lol. Wtf.

The safe limit is about 5-6cm in Tibias. Period.
There’s a crapload of evidence on this. Not only does your athletic ability retain close to 90% or more. But there’s less soft tissue complications and less complications as a whole.

There have been proven doctors on the forum say this. There’s medical sites that prove this. And yet people. Hype each other up for 7cm or more on each segment. That’s insane.

If it isn’t worth it for 5-6cm then save up and do both segments at 5-6cm.
It’s stupid and Unsafe to do limits they tell you not to cross. Wtf.

I can’t even get a realistic option or experience becuase people are saying they are good.
And then say “except for a weak this or painful that” or “can’t run anymore but who cares becuase I was never into sports” . Who cares if you weren’t lol the point was you can run before and now you can’t.

I wish when people post dumb comments like going over the 15% max recommended by doctors, they put sources instead of just giving false hope that’ll lead to a scholarship at wheelchair university. Smh

We can get this done get taller/longer and minimize risks if we stay within expectations of yourself and a qualified doctor.  If majority doctors say 6 is the max. Maybe go right under the max.  No one will be 100% but you can get close if you stay within the 10-15% of original limb and don’t go pass 4-6cm per segment. Stay healthy and realistic everyone.
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

lelouche

« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2020, 04:54:07 AM »

but 7cms arent 7cms..
If a guy with 1,8 lengthen 7cms he wont have much problems as someone with 1,6m who lengthens the same amount

ididUrMIM

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2020, 03:13:21 AM »

Everyone is individual. There is of course obvious safe limits that no one should pass but everyone will be different, some have reported the need to stop at 5cm but there are those who got to 7cm with decent recovery.

Megatron

« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2020, 02:27:58 AM »

So who qualifies as a good candidate to do 7.5 cm to 8 cm? i always hear 8 cm is the max you should do for internal femurs is that right?

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2020, 10:26:20 PM »

Is it true that the lengthening process works better with a person who already has a large size (180cm+)? This is what I was able to read once while browsing this forum, I ask confirmation.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »

Is it true that the lengthening process works better with a person who already has a large size (180cm+)? This is what I was able to read once while browsing this forum, I ask confirmation.

Yes. Extending less percentage of the original bone is safer. Ironically a 6'0 doing LL is safer than a 5'4 person doing LL.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »

Thank you for your answer ghkid2019 !

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2021, 06:28:35 PM »

how much can i do when i cross lengthen, say femur first then tibia?

how much on femur to be safe and not get crippled and then how much on tibia?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #263 on: January 04, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »

Depends on how flexible you are.  There aren't any fixed limits.

donnyrick

• Visitor
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2021, 02:57:38 AM »

I agree that having low risk outweighs the large length and proportions. But let's be honest with ourselves. The type of ppl that are willing to do this surgery are ppl who are quite a bit shorter than average.

Is a 5 foot 5 guy willing to go through all the pain and potential side effects for 4 cm?, and become 5 foot 6.5. LMFAO. It's sad truth but ppl need to hear it.

Vibes

« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2021, 01:45:10 AM »

I agree that having low risk outweighs the large length and proportions. But let's be honest with ourselves. The type of ppl that are willing to do this surgery are ppl who are quite a bit shorter than average.

Is a 5 foot 5 guy willing to go through all the pain and potential side effects for 4 cm?, and become 5 foot 6.5. LMFAO. It's sad truth but ppl need to hear it.

There are guys entire standard deviations lower than that doing quad lengthening (tib + femur) as we speak at Paley clinic.

My point is, I think a lot of the risks are now to the point of being MOSTLY manageable in the care of a top, top surgeon.

If you go to the third world for surgery, you can't expect much. Can you?

Vibes

« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2021, 02:45:09 AM »

I can update my pain level as well. I almost feel no pain at all in my knees anymore and I run, jump, do martial arts and all there is to it today and I feel barely anything.

I got used to the pain so nowadays I’m surprised I don’t feel it anymore.

There is still a little bit of stiffness in the mornings but it’s nothing really. I mean, who isn’t stiff in the morning? :)

I was just out for a long run and there is no sensitivity or any pain in the knees.

I’ve been actively trying to fix my Xlegs with many exercises and have special made insoles I use when I walk.
Maybe it has helped, don’t know - but life without pain is better!! :)

And no, I won’t remove my rods in my legs. I will die with them in there.

Any update since then? And how can you fix xlegs without corrective surgery? I didn't think that was possible with just stretching.

Vibes

« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2021, 02:45:39 AM »

you will have more athletic hability with them out, i feel that way after removal.

Can you give more details on what you mean by "athletic ability"? That is a bit vague.

cam007

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2021, 07:17:09 AM »

i didnt say do 4cm lol.. but as you can read above ... someone literally saying "some people did over the amount and had decent recovery".   <--- that sounds terrible.    and thats not height neurosis anymore if you can say youre willing to butcher yourself when you can still get almost 3in safe on femurs and 2 in on tibia relatively safe.   

but the point i was making is - most people commenting like that have no money saved, no real research, just joined recent, just spitting out the longest numbers they THINK they can do, and tell people on their mock ups they look great lol.    so it makes it hard to gain info and go over resources in a good way.
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

Sibirskiy

« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2021, 10:49:28 AM »

8 cm tibias ftw
176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0

maximize

« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2021, 06:39:30 AM »

Just wanted to update everyone on this.  My knees have been progressively getting better since I started this thread.  I don't feel any pain at all when I walk now, and the sensitivity upon kneeling is maybe a 1 on this scale now.

I'm not as anti-internal nail as I once was in light of these developments.

Oh wow it's almost six years ago now but I'm so happy to hear it. I always actually wondered why you were so concerned with kneeling down anyway and the pain it was causing. I can't think of how rarely I kneel in my day to day life. But certainly if it always hurt when you walked that would certainly be a bother for anyone. Glad to hear it settled down. Congrats.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2021, 03:39:56 PM »

Oh wow it's almost six years ago now but I'm so happy to hear it. I always actually wondered why you were so concerned with kneeling down anyway and the pain it was causing. I can't think of how rarely I kneel in my day to day life. But certainly if it always hurt when you walked that would certainly be a bother for anyone. Glad to hear it settled down. Congrats.

Always be concerned about pain.  It's a sign that something is wrong with your body.  I'm worried that this low-grade inflammation in my patellar ligaments that gets worse or better in cycles will eventually cause difficulty walking or even standing. :(

ty0324

• Visitor
« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2021, 01:29:04 AM »

I'm wanted the LL surgery by this year but now I'm doubting with the "not full 100% recovery" since I dance and Run Half Marathons 1 time at year as a hobbie.
I was aiming for PRECICE method in Femur 2, from 1.60cm to 1.65cm = 5cm of lengthening
Female - 28 years old

moretallpls

« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »

sara did you do the surgery? which doctor? results ?

Freeze

• Visitor
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2021, 12:34:44 PM »

I think that up to 3 inches is fine. But I keep telling people who get LL to do Physical therapy, physical therapy, PHYSICAL THERAPY. If you want to be 99% of what you were you are going to have to push yourself to your limits and do pt well above what your doctor says and for a long period of time. Its hard, but you don't want to be crippled

Serilium

« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »

Jamee

Amazing comment. GOATed.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2021, 07:00:53 AM »

I think that up to 3 inches is fine. But I keep telling people who get LL to do Physical therapy, physical therapy, PHYSICAL THERAPY. If you want to be 99% of what you were you are going to have to push yourself to your limits and do pt well above what your doctor says and for a long period of time. Its hard, but you don't want to be crippled

Who have you kept telling with your five posts?

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2021, 09:52:57 PM »

To the OP Aand supporters alike. Unless you have gone through the surgery yourself or you’re a doctor that has performed multiple surgeries.

You have ZERO credibility and all your claims are simple nothing but copy paste.
How you feel about something doesn’t matter to a process because statistics in itself is not even accurate as it is selective.

I understand you may intend good but your approach isn’t the best way to go about it
Meh.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2021, 10:09:02 PM »

It's now been 3 years since I did my first operation(frames on, nail in legs).

Today I have X-legs which affects my walking and running to the point my back hurts insanely in some evenings. I even broke my foot bc of it(lower part of tibia around the foot). It has healed very bad and actually hurts every single day if I don't do drugs like an addict.

My muscles are like 45% of what they used to be on my thighs. My calfs have totally exploded in hyper trophy to the point where it's difficult to pull over most jeans around them and then they're loose around the thighs.

There is a constant stretch in my calfs and ankles when I stand up straight and standing up for a long time hurts my back.

I'm slow in my body as an old man(I'm 30+).

Running is ALWAYS very difficult and it's not something I just do even if I need to(like catch the train or stuff like that)

I can jump up to 40-50% of what I used to be able to.

Jumping from one leg is close to impossible.

Sometimes my calfs get cramps and I need to point with my feet(like standing on toes).

My knees ache a little every morning and when I stand up from sitting down.

I can barely sit down on the ground anymore in any position bc then I fall back. My back muscles are too short.

If I sit more than 30 seconds on my knees I can almost not get up by myself. And some days it's impossible to sit on my knees.

My shins are just too long. It doesn't look natural - especially when I sit on my knees. Heels almost stick out from my butt then.

When I do the splits, which I still can on a good day, I can't grab on to my feet bc my legs are too long for my arms. It's BEYOND unnatural. Every gymnast can grab their feet - but me. And it's bc I can't reach them anymore. It looks W E I R D !!!

Standing up I can't reach my feet. It's also unnatural. Sure, some days I can, but not easy - like before.

My stamina is like a 60-year old.

Doing properly squats is very dangerous for my back bc my total biomechanics are changed and altered. I have to do it in the machines. But I'm still strong in my legs compared to most people.

If anything touches the lower screws in my tibias I want to die bc of the pain it gives for one second.

Don't do more than 5cm on tibias god damn it!!!!!!

------------------

My doctor measured me last week. I was 179,5cm tall. It felt good. I asked for the checkup I did with him back in 2011 and checked my height. It said 173cm tall.
He didn't notice by the way......

The fact that I'm now around average is actually very satisfactory for me. I went to India, sure, but I got the height. No question about it.
The one thing that bothers me the most is my broken foot. Everything else is tolerable and right before I broke my foot I ran 10km in 55 minutes.

I haven't started working yet. I'm still in school and will do so until June 2017. Hopefully after that I will get a very good office job where I can relax my destroyed body, my new destroyed TALL body.

YOU WENT TO INDIA.
Also your current physical stature matters a lot. All those things you mentioned are not explicit related to LL. Someone who is out of shape can experience all those things you’re experiencing.

I would NOT RECOMMEND INDIA TO ANYONE . Not even my f**ckin enemy.

Also the method you did matters as well so if you did the Lizarov method then your points are all subjective to you and your experience.
Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up