Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 376 times)

I drive

• Visitor
A few questions
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:06:54 AM »

Hey guys, been reading for a few years, heard about LL when I was 16 but haven't committed to it fully till lately. A little bit of background, I'm 20 years old (turning 21 in May), 5'8" (173cm) but living in an area where those around me are typically much taller (including my family. My dad is 5'10" and my mom is 5'5", my older brother is 6'0", my older and younger sister are both 5'6", my grandfathers all tended to be on the plus side of 6'0", and my uncles are usually a little bit above my dad. I think poor nutrition and sleeping habits kept me from those last few inches). This surgery is being done entirely for myself though - I don't have any problems with dating, having had a few girlfriends, or feel that I'm being overlooked (metaphorically) due to my height. I just want to be 6'0" for my own gratification and wishes.

As far as proportions go, I have the same sitting height as most of the men in my family, and measuring my legs I can see that they're relatively short compared to my torso, both tibias and femur being about 35 cm (my femur likely slightly longer). Thus, to put 5cm on both tibias and femurs to achieve my goal of 4 inch height gain would be no problem aesthetically (and, at 14%, it's closer to the 10% threshold of safe lengthening than the 20% absolute recommended maximum I've seen thrown around). That being said, with my ideal goal decided upon (I won't be looking for anything beyond that and haven't ever since I started this process), I've identified Kulesh and Solomin as the doctors I'm most likely to have this done with in 2020-2021, as

1) I will have the money for two surgeries, medicine, food, and about 10-12 months for a rented apartment in St. Petersburg (assuming I go with the most expensive options for all choices, which isn't a guarantee).
2) I'll have about a year after graduation to have this operation done. This is crucial, as this year will likely be unavailable to me at a later point, which is why I've decided to have cross-lengthening as opposed to doing tibias/femurs first then doing the other down the road.
3) I'm conversational in Russian (in addition to German and Italian as of right now) which will greatly increase the ease of this surgery there.
4) Medically, Russia is not far behind the west - indeed, while the price may lead one to think of Russian doctors as "butchers", this entire surgery was pioneered there, and doctors performing it there have decades of experience.

This being said, I had a few questions with regards to:

1) Timeframe: Assuming I stay in Russia and proceed with cross-lengthening, would ten to twelve months be more than enough time to lengthen all four segments, consolidate, and have frames removed and thus be able to walk on crutches when back home?
2) Nutrition: Needing about 4,000 calories a day during the lengthening and consolidation periods, what are some of your recommended ideas?
3) Physical therapy: I have the discipline for the most demanding of physical stretching/workouts (I've unfortunately had to learn of my high tolerance for pain in the past), so what do you guys suggest?

Thanks for your time. I will, of course, make a diary detailing my journey in appreciation.

177cmm

Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 12:36:40 AM »

I guess 12 months might not be enough to get frames removal.
And I would prefer to do 6 on femur and 4 on tibia, for me it's safer.

Movie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:33:27 AM »

5cm is 4 inches now?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Apparition

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 03:51:49 AM »

5cm is 4 inches now?

He said he wants to put "5cm on both femurs and tibias"

5cm + 5cm = 10cm = 4"
Starting height: 169cm / 5'7"

Goal height: 182cm / almost 6'0"

Movie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 06:26:15 AM »

I missed that lol
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Great321

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 09:50:22 AM »

I only did 4,9cm external tibias and I'm wearing the frames already since October. So over 6 months. I'll probably need 2-4 months more...that's a lot more than I have expected. Everyone's bone growth is different. I would never do cross lateral. Because once you start this you want to be able to walk normal again as soon as possible. But with cross lateral you are forced to torture your body soon again without being able to get some rest as you don't want your knees being on different levels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up