Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan  (Read 123189 times)

ChrisIsaak

Re: Fitbone Femur Lengthening in Istanbul - Dr. Muharrem Inan
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2014, 11:05:04 PM »

Wow man, impressive video. Enjoy it, your difficult days are over. It will be down hill and only get better from here on...

Thanks, Cooper! I also feel like uploading a driving video sometime  :)
Hopefully everything will be great for you as well! Patience is the key to a successful LL.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2014, 11:07:26 PM »

Awesome walking!  Brings back memories of Winter 2007/Spring 2008...  :D

Ah, those were the days :D

BilateralDamage

« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing. :)

I notice your heels move forward (feet pointing outwards) when walking, is this due to tight muscles or you're still learning your gait?  And sorry I don't know if you touched on this already, but what do the plastic braces do?

TRS

« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2014, 04:00:17 AM »

Amazing recovery!! Just wondering if it's normal for people to walk like this, without crutches, couple of weeks after stopping lengthening? If it is normal for majority of the people then that's awesome ;D

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2014, 04:12:24 AM »

Amazing recovery!! Just wondering if it's normal for people to walk like this, without crutches, couple of weeks after stopping lengthening? If it is normal for majority of the people then that's awesome ;D

Yeah, that's how I was walking at first.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2014, 04:16:30 AM »

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing. :)

I notice your heels move forward (feet pointing outwards) when walking, is this due to tight muscles or you're still learning your gait?  And sorry I don't know if you touched on this already, but what do the plastic braces do?

No problem, BD!  :)

It's neither, my muscles are quite flexible. Same reason like I told Adriano - the braces are so thick and I tie them so hard to a avoid them sliding and falling down to my feet that they apply a pressure to my legs and the thickness makes it difficult for me to walk normally as I run out of leg space for a bit. My walking would appear completely normal had I not worn the leg braces, but it's too early (and risky) to try it. I only had to stand up without braces once to reach for the shampoo in the bathtub (I'm using the shower instead, we placed a footstool/tabouret in it for me to sit on).

The plastic braces avoid unwanted pressures to the bone and minimize the risk of fracturing the bone again while you're walking at a time when you're still not completely recovered. They also protect your legs against the possibility of someone else accidentally bumping into you while you're walking.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »

Thanks!  :)  Like MDOW said, I think so. But it's a very early and unexpected recovery in my case. A couple weeks ago, I was preparing myself to be on the wheelchair for one more month, and now I'm able to walk without the walker?! Frankly, it still amazes me. I think I owe a lot to daily PT.

Adriano

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:56 AM »

congrats mate.

if I can walk like you 3 months post op I will be so lucky and happy.

I think u r going to be the next OBG.

Cant wait to see how you look in 4 weeks.

very happy for cos u give hope. I am hoping to take 3 months off work to do my femurs and I will sign up to  walking like u when i return to my office at the end of the 3 months.

Your recovery highlights the big advantage of non-racheting* nails. Its really all Precise and Fitbone if you want a quick recovery.

Hanna84

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2014, 09:04:24 AM »

Wow, that's amazing!!
You are allowed to walk without crutches so soon after you stopped lengthening? To good to believe it! Congrats!
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2014, 03:35:31 PM »

congrats mate.

if I can walk like you 3 months post op I will be so lucky and happy.

I think u r going to be the next OBG.

Cant wait to see how you look in 4 weeks.

very happy for cos u give hope. I am hoping to take 3 months off work to do my femurs and I will sign up to  walking like u when i return to my office at the end of the 3 months.

Your recovery highlights the big advantage of non-racheting* nails. Its really all Precise and Fitbone if you want a quick recovery.

Thanks mate!

I can only wish to be the next OBG. He had an amazing recovery despite the age factor. Skiing is still a dream for me, it feels lightyears away  :)  My recovery is very fast, but it's all relative; LL recovery is a very slow thing.

I walked along the Istanbul Bebek-Arnavutkoy coast for 2-3 hours yesterday with crutches. I had to climb up stairs and climb back down to the use the Starbucks restroom. I couldn't believe that I was able to walk for so long without getting tired - but I understood how tired I had become when I came back home and laid down. My legs were sore all afternoon.

And then I went to a restaurant/nightclub to a friend's birthday party to celebrate and meet new people and yesterday marks my first night out since my LL! I pushed myself a bit too hard yesterday so today I'm resting at home.

I completely agree with you on motorized nails vs. ratcheting nails.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »

Wow, that's amazing!!
You are allowed to walk without crutches so soon after you stopped lengthening? To good to believe it! Congrats!

Hey Hanna,

Thanks! I'm actually not allowed to walk without crutches, but I gave it a try  :)  The plastic leg braces offer so much support that walking without a walker or crutches is technically possible, although it's not recommended.

It's still difficult for me to walk without shoes (outside) or slippers (at home). I realized that today. My natural ballerina foot has become problematic. I need to work more on my hamstring flexibility and tendons if I want to ensure a full recovery.

Cheers,
Chris

Hanna84

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »

That's amazing! Your walking is very very good, especially concerning the time after you stopped lengthening. Keep it up!
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »

Thanks again, Hanna!  :)

So.. How's my driving, folks?  8)
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1mdcwe_trim-p1vbnl_auto

Being able to go anywhere with crutches after being indoors for 3 months... It just means so much that I can't explain it with words. Here, maybe these can..

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »

I'd like to add a few things about last night at the club and how I felt there.

It was the first time I was able to truly test my new height. The result? I'm taller than maybe 70% of women in heels, and I'm taller than 50% of men. I'm also shorter than 50% of men. But guess what? 5'8 is the Turkish male average, so the latter statistic wasn't very surprising at all! I only saw one person I already new - an old high school friend. He was one of the taller kids, and I mean noticeably taller. I was surprised to see how close I was to his eye level. I predicted that +5 cm would make me taller than almost all the women and men in the club. There was only one very tall guy, I'd say easily above 190 cm. He noticed that I was walking slowly and step by step, and was very kind to make way for me to walk through the crowded place.

My predictions might be slightly skewed since I'm not standing 100% straight with the crutches. At 172 cm though, I'm still shorter than a considerable number of guys. Do I really care now? Nah. After 3 months in a wheelchair, I definitely shouldn't  ;)

Has LL changed my personality? Yeah maybe I'm a bit more confident and cheerful, but no, I'm still me. In terms of relationships, I'm still a family guy-type and not a swinger. I'm too young to be a family guy in the fast paced city life perhaps, but I can't help it. I feel better when I know one person in depth rather than many one night stands. I like to share everything with a woman, and I don't like to toy with peoples' feelings. It's just not me. I haven't lost my libido at all, like some other friends here reported after LL, but I still prefer to know a person better before getting into bed. I'm still a bit old-fashioned, romantic, devoted and faithful. Lol.

So, that's it for now, folks! Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:03:12 AM by ChrisIsaak »

Smallguy

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2014, 05:10:16 AM »

Hey Chris,

Here is your visualization of what's life will be like after you recover! I have to revisit the gym, the beaches and going on dates with a 19 years old female several times to acquire the inspiration to write this. However, if someone has better ideas, please feel free to include them or let me know.

Chris... so you'll need to close your eyes.

Every morning when you wake up, you feel great about the body that you are in. In fact, this particular day, there is a hottie chick who you met the previous night laying beside you. As she lays beside you, you stretch out your body and confidently feel that your body reaches out longer than hers. You gave her a good-morning kiss and walk confidently to the washroom (no longer tippy toe-ing like before) where you confidently take off your clothes for a morning shower. If she comes in to join you in the shower, that's fine too because you are taller than her! In fact, every day seems to be like this one. Just one random chick here and there. You have the ability and wisdom of someone who was 5'5 but inside a body of someone who is 5'8 with beautifully long legs and physique through all the hours you work-out at the gym. Actually, women is so easy now that you better concentrate your attention on other things more value in life. And you only date beautiful women.

Height is no longer an obstacle. Being 5'8 is not overly tall but it is enough that you don't have to constantly think about it. When you look in the mirror and compare yourself with other guys at the gym, you no longer look like the smaller one but just an average normal guy.. who has slender legs and more proportionate physique than everyone. Often time, girls would comment on how nice your legs look, and you would jokingly reply, "it's genetic." Before height was a barrier. But now, nothing can really hold you back. You feel invincible.

You are now the center of your own universe. Everything starts and begin with you. And if something is wrong, it's because of the other person. When you walk inside a room, people would glance over at you. When you speak, someone would listen. And you always have a reason and are always right. Nothing can knock you down anymore. You are now impregnable.

Every moment when you walk down the streets, women look at you differently. Now with your good-looks and hours spent at the gym, you can see through their eyes, the admiration of every women you meet. Picking up and approaching women are now much easier than what it's used to. You are no longer the short one, but the cool and average guy on the block. Everything you say is with ease and confident. Everything you say just makes more sense... and humorous at times.

Life is just a lot better than before. And because you are closer to average height and have slender and nice physique, you are considered an elite class of your own. This is true, you seem to be the most well-dress individual working at your company and everywhere outside you go.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:27 AM »

Thanks, Bigguy! It was inspiring to read all you wrote  ;)

I did a few measurements today. I was 87 kg (1,65 cm) when I returned from the United States. I dropped to 80 kg's before surgery. I was able to stand on a scale today and I was around 75 kg (1,72 cm). My next goal is 68 kg so I started a diet as soon as possible. Lost 12 kg so far, added 7 cm in height - the Body Mass Index change is huge.

When I stand up, I look like those skinny rockstars wearing jeans and no top. I have some upper body muscle from +3 years of workout, anyone can tell, but it's far from perfect. Still, it's a good place to start and building back again. I can wear my old pants again. My face needs to be more skinny, that's why I stick to the diet religiously. No alcohol, no fizzy sugared drinks. Only water. No dessert, no "whites" (pasta, bread, etc.). No eating after 8 PM.

I use skin cleaners/exfoliators (Neutrogena) and skin revitalizing creams (L'Oreal Revitalift). The TV show castings start around late October. I should be ready by then. All I'm undecided about at the moment is my hair. I look very manly with a beard + short hair. At the moment I'm clean shaven + growing my hair, and I look maybe 5 years younger. Perhaps the hair should go.

I look much better with good clothes. I couldn't wear topcoats/trenchcoats when I was shorter. It looked ridiculous on me. Now they fit. I'm much more comfortable wearing a suit and tie (although I still feel that I need to be thinner when I'm wearing a suit).

I have a huge obstacle in dating: My social scene. I studied high school in Turkey, and college in the US. Now my friends from college are back there. My friends from high school are still abroad, studying (why - because I graduated 1 year early to be able to do LL as soon as possible). So at a young age, I changed my social scene a few times. It's no excuse, but it would've been better if I was still in college. That's why I still frequently hang out in college settings. I could meet people at bars, but I'd prefer to meet them in libraries, you know what I mean. So all I have right now is either getting my ex back, hitting it with one of her friends (would be an awesome revenge but I'm still not the type of guy to do that) although I admit she has a very cute friend, or there are a few alternative girls I've been talking with for a while. I always like to keep alternatives, I never trusted women (yeah, that DOES include women in my family too, haha) to stick around for too long, especially at this age (23). But I wish someone would.

When I make some money, I intend to travel to the West Coast to get my masters degree. Buy a convertible, enjoy two more years of college I was never able to enjoy before. I should definitely do this before getting married.

I still don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When I used to, I used to find and meet many girls using these. Maybe I should get back on social media - but I plan to when I have the physique of an athlete! I'm using the "returning to social media" excuse as a tool for motivation.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2014, 12:39:12 AM »

Honestly, I've forgotten about how people looked at me before LL. It seems like it belongs to a different lifetime. I remember some remarks people made, of course, but I don't remember the psychology behind it all. Maybe I unnecessarily tortured myself more than what other people did to me, who knows.

I feel as if I've never been 5'5. But I understand that I've been there when I still compassionately "jump" at things first, when I'm self-sacrificing, devoted, when I'm never giving up on something or someone. At heart, I'm still a short man, I guess.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »

Had x-rays taken today, AP/lateral femur. Callus formation looks very good (white area in distraction point), right leg has progressed further than the left. I'm good to drop the crutches, the plastic leg braces will stay for two more weeks. I walk without wearing the braces at home but I wear them for protection when I go outside. Today I took a shower standing on my feet for the first time after the surgery and it felt so different. I'd been sitting on a stool/chair for the past 3 months. After meeting the doctor we had gyro with the whole surgery team, the doc, assistants, head nurse, physio, even the secretaries. Great people to chat with!

A cute intelligent little boy with a leg deformity was bugging the assistant; so he pointed me with his finger and said "Ask him, he's the surgeon". I laughed and had a little chat with the kid. He said "Why didn't you call me last week?", I said "Too many surgeries.." Then a very beautiful woman walked by, she actually looked like an Turkish actress, very tall, maybe 180 cm-ish, I guess someone's wife or mother there. The boy asked "Who is the girl?" Hahaha, such a bold one. I said "I wish I knew!"

jerry

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »

ah nice one Dr Isaak    :D    Your recovery looks good. 

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2014, 01:45:56 AM »

good consolidation!)
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

BilateralDamage

« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:09 AM »

Wow your callus is beautiful.  Way to go Chris!! :D

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »

Thanks, guys!

I lit up a cigarette with my gym teacher yesterday (I know, shouldn't have). He told me to take the time to recover, but I want to begin sports ASAP. We're beginning next week and will be mostly doing upper body workouts. I booked Pilates on Monday too for core training. I've been dieting for a while but diet alone without consistent workout won't make me get what I want.

I want to dance again (Latin/Tango), it's the best place to meet girls y'know? But deep down I want to be able to dance with my ex again. It's not like "I can't get over it", I can, but I know I still love her. Heck, I still love all my ex-girlfriends. I'd build a harem with all of them in it if I could, but I was born in the wrong century. Ahem.. Where was I? Yes, dance. My legs are still too sore to be able to make quick/flexible dance moves. Doing the Jive is out of the question. I'll start slowly though and build it back up.

I can walk without leg braces and any support. I'm crutch-free! Walking up and down stairs is getting easier.

Boxing & Crossfit is a few steps ahead of regular fitness workouts. Unfortunately, there's still time for that.

I want to keep myself busy 24/7.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »

Today I went to Istiklal Street in Taksim Square with a friend, the most crowded place in Istanbul, considerably the city center and a famous touristic point. I took the risk of people bumping into me, but fortunately nothing happened. The roads were terrible and I almost fell twice, but I maintained my balance. Climbing up and down stairs was torture - you often have to if you want to use a restroom or have a beer in one of the small bars/joints. My feet and legs ache and I feel very tired - I'll be staying at home tomorrow to rest. I've been through a lot in life, but I'm still too young to accept the fact that I need to take the time to recover. I'm impatient; I want to go out, walk as much as possible without any support, both for exercise and a quicker recovery, but sometimes I push it too far. I need to acknowledge that no matter how young you are, the body still has its limits, although I'll keep refusing to admit this. My legs - these lads haven't walked for a long time and I'll remind them every single day that they have to keep walking.

Ronaldo

« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »

Your consolidation looks very good.  Pls stop smoking  :D

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »

New walking video! Click to see how a Post-op 4 months Fitbone patient walks up the stairs without any support.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1rvq14_walking_school

alps

« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »

Very nice bro  :D

Next time make someone else record the video. We can see you better that way.

Would you recommend your doctor over Guichet and the other doctors in US?
Is your decision in choosing Dr. Inan justified?

Keep Growing

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »

Awesome! Basically, it seems that with internals, after 4 months one can take an office job :)

HelloThere

« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »

New walking video! Click to see how a Post-op 4 months Fitbone patient walks up the stairs without any support.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1rvq14_walking_school

Congrats Chris, looking good!!!

YellowSpike

« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »

I'd like to add a few things about last night at the club and how I felt there.

It was the first time I was able to truly test my new height. The result? I'm taller than maybe 70% of women in heels, and I'm taller than 50% of men. I'm also shorter than 50% of men. But guess what? 5'8 is the Turkish male average, so the latter statistic wasn't very surprising at all! I only saw one person I already new - an old high school friend. He was one of the taller kids, and I mean noticeably taller. I was surprised to see how close I was to his eye level. I predicted that +5 cm would make me taller than almost all the women and men in the club. There was only one very tall guy, I'd say easily above 190 cm. He noticed that I was walking slowly and step by step, and was very kind to make way for me to walk through the crowded place.

My predictions might be slightly skewed since I'm not standing 100% straight with the crutches. At 172 cm though, I'm still shorter than a considerable number of guys. Do I really care now? Nah. After 3 months in a wheelchair, I definitely shouldn't  ;)

Has LL changed my personality? Yeah maybe I'm a bit more confident and cheerful, but no, I'm still me. In terms of relationships, I'm still a family guy-type and not a swinger. I'm too young to be a family guy in the fast paced city life perhaps, but I can't help it. I feel better when I know one person in depth rather than many one night stands. I like to share everything with a woman, and I don't like to toy with peoples' feelings. It's just not me. I haven't lost my libido at all, like some other friends here reported after LL, but I still prefer to know a person better before getting into bed. I'm still a bit old-fashioned, romantic, devoted and faithful. Lol.

So, that's it for now, folks! Stay tuned!

Dude, this is an awesome post. Your story (here and on MTT) has been one of my favorites, and I see a lot of myself in you.

You and the rest of LL and old forum  will help me get through my LL when I do it (I'm currently on Dr. Rozbruch's waiting list, trying to get a date in May or June as opposed to waiting until almost August)!

I feel a lot more confident going in this time, and I'm not as scared of the pain, and my father is coming around. I want to get on with my life, but I need to do LL first. Then advancing my career and everything else will happen  :D

Congrats on a great recovery!

Arche

« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »

Hey man it would be awesome if you could get some official pricing (LON/LATN/Internal) for the different methods your doctor offers! Are there going to be package prices coming soon?

ben one small then one

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »

hi hi Excellent, price packages Arrive soon it would be great if you could get the official price ;of dr Betz to Internal Femur to correct LLD  thank you.
one small then one .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:29:58 PM by ben one small then one »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up