Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Yasser Elbatrawy (Cairo, Egypt) CICLLR  (Read 41695 times)

JP

Re: Dr Yasser Elbatrawy (Cairo, Egypt) CICLLR
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »

Here is a comment from a patient on YouTube

klaus wittmann 6 mongths ago

I was also patient from Yasser He put on my leg device which was not suitable for lengthening  the device broke several times now I cant walk normally other patients had terrible pain during the whole lengthening period and Yasser don’t care about it he cant evaluate the xray he is completely lazy and stupid my knees are destroyed I have 10 degree valgus deformity on right leg and 8 on my left leg and I  cant walk normally because nerves are damaged Yasser is a  charlatan the risk is too high with him

JP

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »

@drew,  where is the youtube video?   I don't see this comment.

Hi CRonnie7:

You can find the comment at Youtube and scroll down under the video (  All Comments list )

Disobedient

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Hi CRonnie7:

You can find the comment at Youtube and scroll down under the video (  All Comments list )

ok so the guy in the video, did 8cm (previous height 175cm, new height 183 cm)
and he said it's totally comfortable and there is no pain  ;D  ??? , where dr yasser told him he need 6 months to be fully consolidate..   

JP

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 07:47:42 PM »

Hi disobidient:

The guy in the video should be saying Dr. Elbatrawy is a good one because this video was uploaded was by Dr. Elbatrawy
Please look at the video and you will see his website being advertised (www.Lengtheing.net)

v18

• Visitor
FACTS about Dr Yasser Elbatrawy (Cairo, Egypt) CICLLR
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

There need to be more FACTS in this thread. And researching around... more annoying than i thought, probably because of the arabicness of the region in question.

Dr Yasser Elbatrawy is a university professor/teacher and a doctor in El Zahraa University Hospital which is a part of Azhar University in Cairo Egypt.

Bad:the El Zahraa Hospital does not have a findable english website, arabic is probably available somewhere but how do you search in arabic? ... alzahraahospital  dot com is not it, that is lebanese.
Bad:the university website english version is eternally under construction. There is some general wikipedia info though. Wanted to see his profile on the uni website...
Bad: CICLLR is not really an official thing, more like a selfgiven name for a service.

He is a published orthopedic doctor in scientifically acclaimed journals, readable through Springer Publishing.
Findable on google scholar.
Good: They look proper and the successratio is medically acceptable. No horror results.

He has collaborated with Maurizo A. Catagni, who lengthens in Italy.

That "butcher" thing is false, unless someone has evidence.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »

im fairly sure that it was either Yasser Elbatrawy or dr K Emara, which were caught out as frauds on old forum , they created a fake account to give positive reviews and used the same isp as their other account.

it was a while ago so I would have to re check. however old forum  is so fked because you cant even do a basic search on it any more.

its almost pointless as a resource when the search button doesn't work.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »

I don't see any benefit in going to this guy. For 3kUSD more you can get precice done with Birkholtz, who is a proven doctor, and you get accommodation as well. In my opinion, he is the the most appealing internal doctor for the midrange budget.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

v18

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

how does fake reviews = all the terrible stuff + hearsay?

v18

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »

facts about birkholz?
who?
where?
diaries+pictures?

v18

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 03:52:06 PM »

trying to find out if he is working in cyprus, larnaca's st raphael hospital.
nothing on the website.
one of the founders kind of look like him but the brows are different and the cheekmole is different.

Yiannis Kassinis
http://st-raphaelhospital.com/images/userfiles/image/doctors/St-Raphael-web-011.jpg

Yasser Elbatrawy
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/18716326_elbatrawy.jpg

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »

From another post on the old forum:

I was hoping to have the chance of creating a new topic to describe my experiences as I have had the LL operation twice.   Since I am only allowed to start by replying to somebody, I will start from this post, although relatively old, hoping that someone will read my answer.

I did my first LL operation in Cairo, Egypt with Yasser Elbatrawy in 2007 and it involved tibia lengthening with external fixation.   I have also had femur lengthening with the PRECISE2 recently (2014) with the same doctor in Cyprus, but I hope I will have the chance to talk about this in another post.   I am only hoping that I will be able to help people who are willing to go, or are currently going through such an operation by answering reasonable questions (and that does not include questions of the type, 'will I look better if I am 3" taller?', etc.  )

I will try to briefly describe my experience with external fixators in 2007 and answer some of the comments that I have read about Yasser:

- First contact with Yasser Elbatrawy: We met in Cairo in 2007 and had a talk regarding the operation and the overall process.   He seemed fairly confident about the outcome of his technique and I had the chance of witnessing the progress of a little girl with unilateral tibia deformity correction, as well as an older patient with fixators on both tibias.   They where both in late lengthening phase and they seemed very well (that of course does not mean they were jumping out of joy, but they seemed pleased with the outcome).
     Dr.   Yasser assured me that the process lasts 6 months (I came to believe that there is a natural cycle to it) and that no physiotherapy was required.   This has to do with the stability of the frames.   Patients are encouraged and should walk from the second day after the operation.   Of course, this means more pins and therefore more scars.   However, these scars deteriorate with time and generally are not very apparent on darker skin types.   Of course, shortly after the operation, the scars don't look so great as the wounds take a few months to settle.   I do believe however that this is probably a good trade-off for a quick recovery, since walking not only eliminates the need for physiotherapy, but it also enables blood circulation for improved bone growth.   I stayed in Egypt exactly 6 months and 10 days and left walking without any problems (I used a cane for a week or so, just for my peace of mind).
     About the pain: Yes, the first day feels as if a truck ran over your legs, but pain management helps you through it.   Pain eventually recesses almost completely after 10 days.   What I mean by "completely" is that you are thereafter left with these uncomfortable things on your legs which make your life a bit of a torment.   In other words, pain gives way to this new way of living that you have to do everything with a walker and lie on a bed with your legs up in the air and the pins tearing the sheets (of course, if pins get tangled somewhere, that is painful).

- My opinion about Yasser Elbatrawy: He likes what he does, there is no doubt there.   He has worked with renowned professionals in the field until the early 2000s and has created his own hybrid out of these methods.   As far as I know he still publishes papers and he is invited in many conferences around the globe.   As a person, he has this Asian-Mediterranean temperament and he is not suppressing it when talking to his patients.   Western patients (e.  g.   from the US) sometimes feel intimidated by it; he tends to say what he thinks even in conversations over emails and that can frighten you sometime (for example, he can describe a horrible complication in detail and then tell you that it is almost unlikely to happen).   He believes that his job is mainly to deliver a good operation which should lead to a less intensive (for him) follow up.   That is why he builds the frames as stable as possible.   Of what I understood, he avoids risks: This means, gor example, he will not do ISKD unless you insist (and only when the PRECISE2 came around did he decide to suggest nails and only for femurs).   He doesn't want complications because he simply sees it as trouble.   He will also forbid lengthening over 7cms, again for the same reason.   In general, contrary to what I have read in a few posts, he values his reputation a lot, so he plays safe with this procedure.   Another important aspect of Elbatrawy which one may find it difficult while being in frames, is that he has many obligations (travels a lot) and he tries to manage his patients  by employing a housekeeper and/or another local orthopaedic doctor who answers to emergencies and runs errands such as X-rays, etc.   (he had one in Cairo back in 2007 who was really a great person) for little things and he would try to answer everything over emails and occasional visits.   So he may be a little distant sometimes, but always gets in touch about everything.   He also changes his mind over little things such as x-ray dates, meetings, etc.  , which can test the patience of someone who is wearing frames (but your forget about it once you are gone). 

- The price of the operation: For bilateral tibia LL I believe it costed 14,000 euro at the time and I don't think it is much more expensive now.   That included the operation and the accommodation in terms of flat rent, internet and TV in the center of Cairo.   I really preferred the flat over a hospital room.   Being able to walk and having some independence, you always need your privacy.   Now living in the center of Cairo (but a relatively good neighborhood) with frames in both your legs is not exactly holidays, but with the help of a house keeper who does occasional cooking and cleaning (loundry I did myself), life is manageable.   Of course, the house keeper, food and other expenses where extra.   And of course, god forbid, resolving complications is additional cost.

- Other patients: I met or talked with several patients during my stay.   Clearly, the 6 month period was generally the rule.   I know of a couple of cases who had slow bone growth, but they eventually left after 8 or 9 months.   But most of the patients, including me, left walking at exactly 6 months.   I do know of a couple of patient cases who decided to leave Cairo before frame removal and I am guessing (and hoping) they probably are alright as they didn't have any complications other than psychological pressure.

- My overall impression: For my financial status, I would never be able to do this operation elsewhere.   So, looking back now, it was worth it.   Yasser offers very good prices for people who are not rich.   He delivers an operation which potentially leads to a safe recovery, but accommodation is cheap.   So, in my understanding, most of the money are spent for the operation and much less for rent and casual x-rays and other accessories such as walkers.   My opinion was positive in overall and that is why I decided to contact Yasser for another LL operation recently.   He is a very good surgeon and he generally plays safe.   I am not aware however if he had any serious complications after 2007.   But until then, I think he had a good score.

- About the psychology of a cripple: When you are going through the procedure, everything is annoying.   Normal people cannot sympathize and I think doctors are not an exception (I would say, doctors are even worse than that because this is how the are trained).
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »

From another post on the old forum:

I was hoping to have the chance of creating a new topic to describe my experiences as I have had the LL operation twice.   Since I am only allowed to start by replying to somebody, I will start from this post, although relatively old, hoping that someone will read my answer.

I did my first LL operation in Cairo, Egypt with Yasser Elbatrawy in 2007 and it involved tibia lengthening with external fixation.   I have also had femur lengthening with the PRECISE2 recently (2014) with the same doctor in Cyprus, but I hope I will have the chance to talk about this in another post.   I am only hoping that I will be able to help people who are willing to go, or are currently going through such an operation by answering reasonable questions (and that does not include questions of the type, 'will I look better if I am 3" taller?', etc.  )

I will try to briefly describe my experience with external fixators in 2007 and answer some of the comments that I have read about Yasser:

- First contact with Yasser Elbatrawy: We met in Cairo in 2007 and had a talk regarding the operation and the overall process.   He seemed fairly confident about the outcome of his technique and I had the chance of witnessing the progress of a little girl with unilateral tibia deformity correction, as well as an older patient with fixators on both tibias.   They where both in late lengthening phase and they seemed very well (that of course does not mean they were jumping out of joy, but they seemed pleased with the outcome).
     Dr.   Yasser assured me that the process lasts 6 months (I came to believe that there is a natural cycle to it) and that no physiotherapy was required.   This has to do with the stability of the frames.   Patients are encouraged and should walk from the second day after the operation.   Of course, this means more pins and therefore more scars.   However, these scars deteriorate with time and generally are not very apparent on darker skin types.   Of course, shortly after the operation, the scars don't look so great as the wounds take a few months to settle.   I do believe however that this is probably a good trade-off for a quick recovery, since walking not only eliminates the need for physiotherapy, but it also enables blood circulation for improved bone growth.   I stayed in Egypt exactly 6 months and 10 days and left walking without any problems (I used a cane for a week or so, just for my peace of mind).
     About the pain: Yes, the first day feels as if a truck ran over your legs, but pain management helps you through it.   Pain eventually recesses almost completely after 10 days.   What I mean by "completely" is that you are thereafter left with these uncomfortable things on your legs which make your life a bit of a torment.   In other words, pain gives way to this new way of living that you have to do everything with a walker and lie on a bed with your legs up in the air and the pins tearing the sheets (of course, if pins get tangled somewhere, that is painful).

- My opinion about Yasser Elbatrawy: He likes what he does, there is no doubt there.   He has worked with renowned professionals in the field until the early 2000s and has created his own hybrid out of these methods.   As far as I know he still publishes papers and he is invited in many conferences around the globe.   As a person, he has this Asian-Mediterranean temperament and he is not suppressing it when talking to his patients.   Western patients (e.  g.   from the US) sometimes feel intimidated by it; he tends to say what he thinks even in conversations over emails and that can frighten you sometime (for example, he can describe a horrible complication in detail and then tell you that it is almost unlikely to happen).   He believes that his job is mainly to deliver a good operation which should lead to a less intensive (for him) follow up.   That is why he builds the frames as stable as possible.   Of what I understood, he avoids risks: This means, gor example, he will not do ISKD unless you insist (and only when the PRECISE2 came around did he decide to suggest nails and only for femurs).   He doesn't want complications because he simply sees it as trouble.   He will also forbid lengthening over 7cms, again for the same reason.   In general, contrary to what I have read in a few posts, he values his reputation a lot, so he plays safe with this procedure.   Another important aspect of Elbatrawy which one may find it difficult while being in frames, is that he has many obligations (travels a lot) and he tries to manage his patients  by employing a housekeeper and/or another local orthopaedic doctor who answers to emergencies and runs errands such as X-rays, etc.   (he had one in Cairo back in 2007 who was really a great person) for little things and he would try to answer everything over emails and occasional visits.   So he may be a little distant sometimes, but always gets in touch about everything.   He also changes his mind over little things such as x-ray dates, meetings, etc.  , which can test the patience of someone who is wearing frames (but your forget about it once you are gone). 

- The price of the operation: For bilateral tibia LL I believe it costed 14,000 euro at the time and I don't think it is much more expensive now.   That included the operation and the accommodation in terms of flat rent, internet and TV in the center of Cairo.   I really preferred the flat over a hospital room.   Being able to walk and having some independence, you always need your privacy.   Now living in the center of Cairo (but a relatively good neighborhood) with frames in both your legs is not exactly holidays, but with the help of a house keeper who does occasional cooking and cleaning (loundry I did myself), life is manageable.   Of course, the house keeper, food and other expenses where extra.   And of course, god forbid, resolving complications is additional cost.

- Other patients: I met or talked with several patients during my stay.   Clearly, the 6 month period was generally the rule.   I know of a couple of cases who had slow bone growth, but they eventually left after 8 or 9 months.   But most of the patients, including me, left walking at exactly 6 months.   I do know of a couple of patient cases who decided to leave Cairo before frame removal and I am guessing (and hoping) they probably are alright as they didn't have any complications other than psychological pressure.

- My overall impression: For my financial status, I would never be able to do this operation elsewhere.   So, looking back now, it was worth it.   Yasser offers very good prices for people who are not rich.   He delivers an operation which potentially leads to a safe recovery, but accommodation is cheap.   So, in my understanding, most of the money are spent for the operation and much less for rent and casual x-rays and other accessories such as walkers.   My opinion was positive in overall and that is why I decided to contact Yasser for another LL operation recently.   He is a very good surgeon and he generally plays safe.   I am not aware however if he had any serious complications after 2007.   But until then, I think he had a good score.

- About the psychology of a cripple: When you are going through the procedure, everything is annoying.   Normal people cannot sympathize and I think doctors are not an exception (I would say, doctors are even worse than that because this is how the are trained).

was it pure ex-fix?

how many cm of tibia did u do?

tallerbetter

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »

This doctor seems a good option

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »

No, he isn't. It has been said that he was involved in shady, dishonest practices. See my thread BEWARE.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2552.msg40167#msg40167
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

AR

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »

I've been informed some interesting information from one of my Arabian friends about Dr.Yasser:

Dr Yasser had claimed that;

1- One of his patients is a football player.
2- One of his patients is a well known Actor in Hollywood but he is keeping the LL secret and asked Dr Yasser to only inform his patients that he (The Hollywood Actor) had done CLL in order to give them some support.

Dr Yasser himself claimed that on TV.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

Abdelrahman021

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2023, 02:09:57 PM »

Professor .Yasser is very professional and specialist doctor ever received provided me medical care. He fixed my legs, improved the quality of my life, made me taller, and gave me the best medical care I've ever received. He was extremely professional and skilled in helping me to reach my goals. And not the butcher of Cairo as they say of a few people

Abdelrahman021

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2023, 03:31:00 PM »

Professor .Yasser is very professional and specialist doctor ever received provided me medical care. He fixed my legs, improved the quality of my life, made me taller, and gave me the best medical care I've ever received. He was extremely professional and skilled in helping me to reach my goals

David12

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2023, 02:42:38 PM »

I did the lengthening surgery back in 2020 with Dr. Yasser el batrawy in cairo. I arrived to cairo 10 days prior to the operation date. The accommodation was very close to dr. Yasser’s clinic and was very clean and comfy. Dr. Yasser  was following up with me all through my stay in cairo and he was very keen that everything was going well with me. The surgery day was very well organized and i was able to walk on the second day from surgery. I’m now 7 cm taller from my original height with no complications thanks to this guy.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2023, 07:02:13 PM »

Two brand new accounts showing up to promote this guy over the past few days, after over 6 years of inactivity.  Not suspicious at all. ::)

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2023, 04:47:28 AM »

This 'doctor' destroyed my life....i did the surgery back in 2019 with him and it was the BIGGEST mistake of my life!Even now i can't walk normally because his irresponsible work caused deformity to my legs and other problems!The only good is that he provides accommodation,but he doesn't care about his patients.

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2023, 10:02:28 AM »

If you want to be unable to walk normally again,going to dr.Yasser is the best way!

nick-sh.

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2023, 12:42:47 PM »

Yasser  Elbatrawy is a bastard!
He is a terrible person who thinks that his work is to deceive his patients.He did very bad work on my legs and after all that he told me that he doesn't care about my situation due to his bad work,because it's my problem not his!
Ι wish God to punish him in the worst way  >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up