Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My back is slightly misaligned  (Read 2705 times)

LittleWhiteMan

My back is slightly misaligned
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Last week I just had a car accident. Everything resulted fine but I just took the opportunity to report myself "injured" and to be checked up at the hospital by my insurance (no reason I pay thousand of bucks to those jackasses). I simply asked for a back X-Ray scan and it resulted that I had a slight misalignment on my vertebrae. The doctor said that it wasn't a result of the accident (and I know since I didn't get injured I just reported myself as lol). However, I was wondering if that could be removing some inches off my torsal length and how many? It is not scoliosis but could be labeled as a minor scoliosis case. The doctor says it is all due to position and that I could correct it with good posture. Will I gain 1-2 inches or will it be an insignificant increase?
5'1", 100 lbs

KrP1

Re: My back is slightly misaligned
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:37:58 PM »

how many degrees ? if its only a Little curved you wouldnt gain anything and the surgery doesnt worth it

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

Of course, everyone has height gain potential even if the spine is at its least curve threshold (If you could reshape it without ruining your life). However, this girl was a friend of mine since fifth grade, and she had scoliosis. Eventually, she got her spine to be aligned, but she was still shorter than me (She's 5"5 pre and post alignment I'm 5"6)

How come?

It was from tissue compression, posture, and other small factors. the only exceptions I've heard is this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2308085/Teenager-scoliosis-grows-FIVE-INCHES-overnight-operation-straighten-spine.html

'Slightly' misaligned wouldn't mean much height gain, but trust me, those doctors don't know any better with their height predictors.
5"6 and proud

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »

how can u correct scoliosis with good posture? develop compensating muscles to push it straight?

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »

I never said it was scoliosis, I said you could relate to it as a slight term of scoliosis.
5'1", 100 lbs

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:45:57 PM »

how can u correct scoliosis with good posture? develop compensating muscles to push it straight?

you cant correct it without surgery if you are an adult

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:09 PM »

Partially, yes, but I didn't word it correctly. The good posture didn't help the alignment, the alignment helped the posture.

She got it aligned in her teens.
5"6 and proud

ItsMyLife

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 11:48:00 PM »

so essentially you stand straighter even though radiographically your spine is curved??

endomorphisme

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:53 PM »

do you think it can prevent you from doing ll?
If it's only slightly misaligned, i don't think it will get worse with ll

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:17 AM »

I will attempt to have an appointment with the closest chiropractor in my city, in hopes that he would give me an advice on how to align it. It seems like a slight curve. Again, it is not scoliosis since it doesn't have an S shape but it i still a bit misaligne. Probably I have 1 or 2 inches lost there and if I improve my spine I could get 5'2"-5'3", + my sitting height may be 32 or 33, perfect to lengthen my legs up to 2 or 3 inches and become either 5'4", 5'5" or 5'6" tall!
5'1", 100 lbs

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 12:21:11 AM »

I noticed that being skinny and 5'6" makes you appear more taller. Or at least aesthetic, but you have to have a skinny build, not a strong build. Probably if you bulk up you might seem manlier and bigger as well but by simply being skinny and 5'6" is enough to appear tall. Being 5'1" and skinny doesn't make me seem tall at all. Doesn't matter which angle you are seeing me I may appear like a grunt.
5'1", 100 lbs

KrP1

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

Is it kyphosis?

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 03:17:20 AM »

Is it kyphosis?
No, it is more like scoliosis I repeat. IT IS NOT scoliosis but it is curved in the same direction of scoliosis, not of kyphosis.
5'1", 100 lbs
Pages: [1]   Go Up