Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: old forum FULL STORY  (Read 15591 times)

Claude

old forum FULL STORY
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:05 PM »

I like how old forum  as become like a bad american soap opéra its kind of amusing.
I wonder what will be next  8)
Maybe "Singari is just a dentist doing LL", just kidding, dont sue me please  :'(

Metanoia

Re: old forum FULL STORY
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »

It would really be a good thing if Sysopeosis got sued for what he has done. He has manipulated and censored diaries in order to promote doctors. He has posted under different names in order to promote doctors and got rewards from them. Since he didn't disclose his business relationship with those doctors he is clearly liable. In my opinion this is a clear case of fraud so there might(hopefully) be a criminal prosecution.

Moubgf

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:42:36 AM »

The fact that apo and sysop is the same person SHOULD be enough to discredit him as friend and someone to get advice from.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:26:26 AM »

The fact that apo and sysop is the same person SHOULD be enough to discredit him as friend and someone to get advice from.

Why does he have to tell members of his forum that he is Apo? In my opinion he doesn't have to. Before you blast me, here's why:

I understand that he wants to have Apo as a separate account with which he can be more informal and voice his opinions and biases with. If he was just SysOp, he'd have to be polite and proper all the time. He's human too and we all need to drop an F-bomb from time to time. An admin shouldn't be vulgar or biased and it makes sense for Anderson (I believe that's his real name) not to want the his personal biases and opinions, voiced as Apo, to affect the integrity of his site, upheld and overseen by SysOp. Let's face it, old forum  would look very unprofessional if SysOp dropped f-bombs all day long, but if a random patient named Apotheosis does it, then old forum  as a site won't look nearly as bad, and people will still respect the Admin, as they should if they are going to use his site (which is why I left, because I DON'T respect him). But at least, by having two accounts, Anderson can let out his emotions, while not affecting his respectability as an admin. To me if makes sense and seems fair. The fact that he has two account to is not what is hurting people.

What I absolutely cannot stand, and the reason he should get in trouble, is that he made business deals with doctors and recommended people to them in order to make money, and didn't disclose any business motive whatsoever. He deceitfully used the guise of wanting to help people, but turned his head, ironically, when people got severely hurt. A dictionary example of a hypocrite. For this, and for his blatant dishonesty, he should pay very dearly.

Blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »

It is difficult to have multiple profiles and still be honest.  I don't have a problem with a salesperson trying to link customers with doctors and profiting off of this service.  But he was manipulative and dishonest.  I also wouldn't have a problem with a patient writing a diary in order to attract more patients as long as it was honest.  I remember when I first saw Sysopyosis on 20/20 and believed that he was the man and old forum  was legit.  I wonder what kind of story they would write now.  They would write a story about fraud and deception.  He is nothing but a simple crook.

rickybobby

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »

That fact that sysop is getting paid and recommending these docs, he should get in serious trouble for that.

Then sysop/apotheosis is promoting dr singari? Would we know about these docs if it were not for that site??

Dr sarin and Dr singari will be know in India but internationally on a LL website he is promoting those docs and getting paid for it! WTF!! Since the patients are aware of these low cost docs thanks to sysop/apotheosis he should be held liable for not only getting paid to promote them but if anything goes wrong as well. Remember he put dr sarin on the recommended list.

Is sysop/apotheosis a medical doctor? Why is he giving out medical advice? Why is he asking for donations?

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »

We would need to look into the criminal laws of the country that is responsible. I do not know where Sysop resides but it was also matter what country the victim resides in.

In the United States, if someone is injured while under the influence of someone committing a felony, the person committing the felony is responsible for the result of the patient.

If Sysop was simply being a salesman for Sarin, then one could argue he would be liable for civil penalties if the procedure went wrong but I doubt it. Sarin is the one doing the surgery so he would be liable under his own medical standards.

However, Sysop claimed to be an innocent bystander in the matter of choice, while meanwhile its now provable that he was engaged in a for profit enterprise with Sarin and steered the patients to him.

That is fraud, which is a felony. If his felonious actions contributed to this fellow going to India in good faith and being injured, then Sysop is also responsible for any injuries one would suffer.

I can guarantee you a judge or especially a jury will not find Sysop an innocent bystander when he steered the patients without their knowledge to Sarin.

MrPopo

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »

Greetings users of LL Forum,

I am what you might call a "concerned citizen" who frequents the website Encyclopedia Dramatica. Two days ago it came to light that sysop, someone you may know better as SysOp, filed a civil lawsuit against 20 "John Doe" defendants for libel, defamation, and copyright infringement. Five users of ED were named in the lawsuit, four of them sysops (not the user SysOp to clarify), and another five are users of this forum: Dameon, Sweden, orlandoflorida, and CRonnie7.

I looked through your forums to see if anyone here was aware of this, but the only reference to it I found was in a locked thread where someone had a screenshot which showed SysOp gloating about certain people "getting their day in court", much to the confusion of the thread; this was dated October 7th. I am unsure how ED was notified of this lawsuit, but it would seem those of you here have not been notified of its existence as of yet.

I feel like that's just playing dirty on Shahn's part, so I came here to give you all the heads up so that this does not broadside you down the road.

Here is a link to the publicly available pdf containing the complaint filing for the lawsuit in question: https://ia801402.us.archive.org/9/items/gov.uscourts.nyed.360902/gov.uscourts.nyed.360902.1.0.pdf

While I am not a lawyer, and anything I say should not be taken as legal advice, it is worth mentioning that this lawsuit is quite frivolous and pointless; but nonetheless can become an annoyance to anyone involved if left to fester unknown like Shahn would be prefer it did.

The ED users named in the lawsuit are essentially anyone who'd made edits to his article on ED (which can be found here should you require context of any kind: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Shahn_Christian_Andersen ), as four out of five of the ED users were not even involved in the writing of the article but made small janitorial edits to it. Therefore I'm making the assumption that whatever beef he has with users here is similarly ridiculous, and amounts to being a crybaby throwing money away on a frivolous court case.

Despite that his case will likely be laughed out of court, or never get any further since it states in the filing that they do not know whom the actual people are behind the 20 John Does, I feel bringing the existence of this case to your collective attention will help level the playing field, in a manner of speaking.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 02:02:40 AM »

Greetings users of LL Forum,

I am what you might call a "concerned citizen" who frequents the website Encyclopedia Dramatica. Two days ago it came to light that sysop , someone you may know better as SysOp, filed a civil lawsuit against 20 "John Doe" defendants for libel, defamation, and copyright infringement. Five users of ED were named in the lawsuit, four of them sysops (not the user SysOp to clarify), and another five are users of this forum: Dameon, Sweden, orlandoflorida, and CRonnie7.

I looked through your forums to see if anyone here was aware of this, but the only reference to it I found was in a locked thread where someone had a screenshot which showed SysOp gloating about certain people "getting their day in court", much to the confusion of the thread; this was dated October 7th. I am unsure how ED was notified of this lawsuit, but it would seem those of you here have not been notified of its existence as of yet.

I feel like that's just playing dirty on Shahn's part, so I came here to give you all the heads up so that this does not broadside you down the road.

Here is a link to the publicly available pdf containing the complaint filing for the lawsuit in question: https://ia801402.us.archive.org/9/items/gov.uscourts.nyed.360902/gov.uscourts.nyed.360902.1.0.pdf

While I am not a lawyer, and anything I say should not be taken as legal advice, it is worth mentioning that this lawsuit is quite frivolous and pointless; but nonetheless can become an annoyance to anyone involved if left to fester unknown like Shahn would be prefer it did.

The ED users named in the lawsuit are essentially anyone who'd made edits to his article on ED (which can be found here should you require context of any kind: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Shahn_Christian_Andersen ), as four out of five of the ED users were not even involved in the writing of the article but made small janitorial edits to it. Therefore I'm making the assumption that whatever beef he has with users here is similarly ridiculous, and amounts to being a crybaby throwing money away on a frivolous court case.

Despite that his case will likely be laughed out of court, or never get any further since it states in the filing that they do not know whom the actual people are behind the 20 John Does, I feel bringing the existence of this case to your collective attention will help level the playing field, in a manner of speaking.

Lol SySOp is such a dork.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Taller

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 05:12:01 AM »

LOL!

He expects $1 million from people who aren't all in his country, let alone in New York.

He thinks that Sweden lives in New York, apparently.

Maybe he's gotten so desperate to get money for his cosmetic surgeries that he now finds it necessary to sue for every time someone says something that lowers his self esteem.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 05:48:44 AM »

I don't think he is even doing it for the surgeries; he is doing it out of spite.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Metanoia

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »

The encyclopedia article is not bad. But i would recommend to remove the  racist part. Also his wife and children should not be insulted. These parts rather undermine the rest of the article.

His lawsuit seems rather pointless.

Disobedient

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 11:08:43 AM »

The encyclopedia article is not bad. But i would recommend to remove the  racist part. Also his wife and children should not be insulted. These parts rather undermine the rest of the article.

His lawsuit seems rather pointless.

they can't remove the racist part, it's encyclopedia dramatica any articular has to contain racism, lies and lame jokes

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »

This is only adding fuel to the already blistering fire of contempt for the guy. He should just close up shop and call it a day. There isn't much of a reputation for him left to defend, as pretty much everyone knows what has transpired there by now.

The purpose of LL is supposed to be to improve your quality of life, not to end up spending every waking hour running a for profit forum filled with misinformation and deceit, and obsessing to act out against and silence all those who realize it for what it is and speak out against it. If he were so happy with his results shouldn't he be enjoying life rather than going through the trouble of everything he is now doing?
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »

How is it possible to sue someone without even knowing who they are, and without even being in the same country as them? I'm no legal expert, but seems pointless to me.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

by pretending that they all live in new York LOL

did anyone read the document that states that everyone lives in new York lol (what a joke lol)

this seems pointless. I guess he just doesn't know what else to do. perhaps he is at his ropes end.

ps the document actually give out his actual address. not very smart. there are a lot of people that got hurt. and now they have an address.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »

Well, I'd definitely like to go and sing "I'm a tramp" with him sometime. Lol.

Joke aside, I also found some parts in the article unnecessary (the racist part, for instance). I know ED's style, but it's rather tasteless humor in this instance. I had no idea there was such an article, by the way, I learned about it through this thread. You're right - building things up usually ends up in worse results.

Dick Dastardly

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

He's suing Sweden too? Talk about betrayal. He sure doesn't mind Sweden giving his site a diary and traffic.

Anyway that ED article was hilarious. The whole point of ED articles is to be inflammatory to an extreme degree. What makes it funny is how it's blended in with truth. One of my favorite articles on that site is the one about Channel Awesome. Either way, the Shahn article will soon be the very first link that pops up whenever his name is searched up and his secret will be exposed so there's some justice in that.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »

Yeah, I'd really like to know what Sweden thinks about this, but he's been away for quite a while.

Dick Dastardly

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »

A guy who practiced law online basically said Shahn's lawsuit isn't going to amount to jack squat.

I have received numerous PMs concerning this supposed lawsuit. This is my legal opinion. If you are truly concerned, you should talk to an attorney in person for a second opinion. Again, this is my opinion. I am relying on my experience, as well as FRCP (federal rules of civil procedure).

Yes, i am an attorney. I am barred in PA (2009, inactive status right now since i don't live there anymore) and AZ (active since 2010). I'm also a member of the US District Court of AZ, and the 9th circuit (West coast states).

The lawsuit that he filed in the District Court NY is fairly common; that is just where he lives, and probably hired some new attorneys who will file anything and everything. The suit that was filed is so copy and paste that it really almost looks like one of my Civil Procedure law school exams. It really is extremely basic, citing FRCP 1300's that have to do with PJ (personal jurisdiction) and FQ (federal question). Defamation and Libel are all and good, however, the way i read it is that the basis of the lawsuit for Jurisdictional Purposes are the Copyright issues. Copyright is the domain of federal law, hence why it is in federal court. Of course it's been a while since i've done Civil Procedure, but i still have my book and my notes. It's actually quite basic when it comes down to it.

If he claims he has a hearing to subpoena their IPs from their email accounts, i don't think this makes a whole lot of sense.

1. Federal Courts are slow as  . For him to file the suit to getting to a subpoena phase is highly unlikely. Unless the US District Court of NY is hurting for cases, i highly doubt he would be seen so soon.

2. Subpoenas are a difficult process to say the least. First, he would need to figure out John/Jane Doe 1-20's IP addresses, each and every one of them. He could get a subpoena to figure that out, but where do you start? He'd need a subpoena for ED, then assuming the court grants that, he's just have a list of addresses. Then he'd need to figure out which each IP address points to. He'd have to subpoena 20 different billion dollar, multi national companies.

3. Assume this process happens. This is also assuming that Comcast, Sprint, Time Warner, Verizon, whoever each user uses for Internet actually complies with a subpoena from some random court, he then has to find out who the actual individual behind each IP address is.

4. If this happened, he would then need to file separate lawsuits in every single case in every single jurisdiction. If there are any foreigners involved, good luck with that. International jurisdiction is almost fking impossible, and in cases where there is product liability and people fking DIED (Helicopteros V. Hall) the courts said tough  . He would need to figure out every single John Doe 1 - 20 and sue them in the appropriate courts, make sure each person's state has a proper Long Arm statute, and then allege a FRCP rule (again, Damages over 75k or a federal question) in EVERY CASE. Again, highly unlikely.

5. As we have seen over the past few years, these ISPs have basically told the US Government, the most power entity on the planet, to go fk themselves when faced with these subpoenas. This is serious   having to do with Terrorists. The courts take this VERY seriously, and probably would have a hard time granting a subpoena. They will grant subpoenas for law enforcement purposes, but this is civil.

6. This is prohibitively expensive. Private attorneys usually have a fee agreement that says "ill do X for X amount of money. If it goes beyond that, I'll charge another X for X amount of work", etc.

7. Assume that everything goes his way. He gets his subpoenas, he gets his IP addresses, ISPs roll over and give up personal information, he tracks down where the Ip addresses are from. How does prove you, the individual, are the person behind the IP address? User names don't mean  . He'd have to prove in court that you are your user name, and that your IP was matched to your home computer.

8. This would take an ungodly amount of time, money, and resources. He is trying to scare everyone.

9. The appropriate response to every single interrogatory (negative to each one) is that the court should dismiss this case for a lack of personal jurisdiction pursuant to Rule 12b of the FRCP.

Thats all i can think of right now after 2 scotches. He is trying scare tactics. If the editors of his site are truly concerened, just take down whatever he is bitching about video wise.

The beauty of Libel is that it's one of the few instances where the burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove the claims aren't true. Libel cases are notoriously difficult to prove. Also "publication" is a legal term that means that the offending comment was overheard/conveyed by a second party - not necessarily the common definition of being printed on paper.

If you are interested, check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_jurisdiction

https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.se/threads/my-legal-opinion-on-the-shahn-lolsuit.19546/

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 04:09:46 AM »

Troll level off the charts
5"6 and proud

ItsMyLife

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 05:42:26 AM »

I saw that after I googled his name. Is he really a contractor?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:47 AM »

I've got to ask: who is the girl in your profile pic?

Future space tycoon

itzrammi

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 01:22:09 PM »

I've got to ask: who is the girl in your profile pic?

Lady Gaga my Mamma Monster  ;D

FutureLengthener

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »

Wow, I didn't know Apo's identity got exposed so long ago...anyone know by who or how it originally leaked? By a poor guy who who got minced by Dr Sarin or something? Apparently he's suing the person who did it.. Imagine if all his colleagues and future dates Google his name and find about his LL and what hes done to so many others...

I have to say though, after I read his profile on IMDB he actually seems like a decent guy.

itzrammi

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »

Wow, I didn't know Apo's identity got exposed so long ago...anyone know by who or how it originally leaked? By a poor guy who who got minced by Dr Sarin or something? Apparently he's suing the person who did it.. Imagine if all his colleagues and future dates Google his name and find about his LL and what hes done to so many others...

I have to say though, after I read his profile on IMDB he actually seems like a decent guy.

btw he himself is the author of his BIO on IMDB hehehe

ItsMyLife

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »

Daemon, Sweden and a few others are named as John Does in his lawsuit. But the statute of limitations is one year in new York. Probably commencing the writ was just to lock-in the limitation period. Ie, he may not want to continue with the law suit but he is reserving his legal rights. This website has also been called a defamatory website, together with the encyclopeida. some changes have been made to the Encyclopedia to make it seem more parody, lol, to try to evade the potetntial lawsuit

ItsMyLife

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »

oh yes I don't understand how he is skinny? He looks fat.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »

see 5:52, it looks like shahn! our LL legend is probably him.

YellowSpike

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 02:28:48 AM »

I have actually corresponded with Apo/Shahn in the past. He actually comes across as a decent person. I kinda feel bad for all the hate he gets, in a way. But I kinda understand why he does.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up