Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clavicle and finger lenghtening  (Read 9528 times)

abcd

• Visitor
Clavicle and finger lenghtening
« on: December 13, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »

Hello all!I would like to lenghten my clavicles and possibly my fingers.I'm nearly 6'1'' and I'm an athlete,but strangely my clavicles and fingers are undergrown.My doctor said it's a strange form of partial dwarfism,I never heard of it.I look ridiculous with a fairly large body and narrow shoulders and small palms and fingers.It hinders me in my sport(powerlifting,strongman) and is aesthetically VERY disturbing(I had LOTS of problems in life because of this,rejected by girsl,rejected at job auditions,I can't even grip a 0,5L bottle with one hand,it's ridiculous,and I have customized shirts and sweaters because I have an inverse V-like ribcage because of the narrow shoulders,I look like a fat guy but I have a very low bodyfat),so this is mostly an aesthetical problem,it's not threatening my life,but it's VERY unpleasant,it's ruining my life.I would like 2 inches in each clavicle and at least one,or half an inch in my fingers.Can someone recommend me a good surgeon,what method should be used,and how much it will cost?To be honest,I've heard of many,MANY leg lenghtenings,but almost no clavicle lenghtenings,but I hope it's possible.I thank you for all of you for reading this,it means a lot to me,and I thank you for all the answers in advance!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Clavicle and finger lenghtening
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482270

That article on pubmed shows that clavicle lengthening is possible. It was done using monorail external fixation. You might just want to start with the well known orthopedic surgeons like Dr. Paley and take it from there as far as finding out who will do it for you and what they think will be appropriate. Finger lengthening is also possible and I think any orthopedic surgeon knowledgeable in distraction osteogenesis will be able to provide that option if you really need it.

Unfortunately I don't know of the cost of either of these things so it's best to contact a number of orthopedic surgeons through e-mail or by phone.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

abcd

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482270

That article on pubmed shows that clavicle lengthening is possible. It was done using monorail external fixation. You might just want to start with the well known orthopedic surgeons like Dr. Paley and take it from there as far as finding out who will do it for you and what they think will be appropriate. Finger lengthening is also possible and I think any orthopedic surgeon knowledgeable in distraction osteogenesis will be able to provide that option if you really need it.

Unfortunately I don't know of the cost of either of these things so it's best to contact a number of orthopedic surgeons through e-mail or by phone.
Thank you for the answer!Now I know that it CAN be done!Unfortunately,I live in Europe so I can't really meet with american/indian/chinese orthopeds on a daily basis.I will contact Dr. Paley for sure,if you or other members know good european orthopeds don't hesitate to recommend them to me.And I would like to ask the opinion of all members who went through a LL:is it worth it?Your limbs function at their best,just like pre-operation?And it is true that it's a painful process?I thank you for all of your answers!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »

Jean-Marc Guichet is a popular orthopedic surgeon in France who has a great track record. It's worth a shot asking him if he will perform clavicle lengthening.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0

Good luck in your search.

abcd

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »

Jean-Marc Guichet is a popular orthopedic surgeon in France who has a great track record. It's worth a shot asking him if he will perform clavicle lengthening.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0

Good luck in your search.
Thank you again for the valuable info!

mixivat

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »

got any news on that?

Shor7Guy

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

In the study posted it says the amount lengthened was 41mm max and average 31mm, I'm guessing 10cm is out of the question? Unless they mean per clavicle.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »

I asked Dr Divya (Parihar's right hand man) about his thoughts on finger lengthening while he was changing my rods the other day and he said it's usually done on someone who has a deformity or if part of the finger was amputated. The thumb could have been cut off partially or something and they would extend it to improve the person's grip. He said it's not practical for cosmetic reasons and that lengthening the fingers makes them them really stiff. Stiff and slow moving fingers would be terrible for a number of creative things you can do, like learning an instrument for example. Probably not worth it for cosmetic reasons.

mixivat

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »

i think they what they mean is 31mm on each clavicle

Orthosurg

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:00:28 AM »

Hello
I am a reconstructive ortho surgeon (I got to this forum as I am studying the topic, including therapeutic possibilities).
I would like to know more details about your case, if you were not assisted and/or had your problems solved yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up