Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six inch mockup (3 inches on tibias and 3 inches on femurs) + 2 inches on arm  (Read 1281 times)

ReadRothbard

Thoughts? My first instinct is that my legs look rather long, but that could be just me.

https://imgur.com/a/dq0u1aB
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

That looks fine to me.

thaw1010

yeah looks fairly normal

ReadRothbard

Sounds good--it's a tentative plan, then.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Scarface92

If you hadn't told me anything, I wouldn't have noticed, can I ask how tall you are? Thank you

ReadRothbard

I’m 5’7 at night, but when I took the photo, I was probably 5’7.5” + 1.5” shoes, so 5’9 in the photo.

Future space tycoon

SuchLL

Looks great to me

Exxon

If you didn't tell me it was a mockup I wouldn't have noticed anything. So yeah, good to go.

Scarface92

As I have already said to me you look very normal, can I ask you if you also put the normal image without Mockup? if you can, to see the initial proportions,
if you can put one photo next to the other, thanks

ReadRothbard

As I have already said to me you look very normal, can I ask you if you also put the normal image without Mockup? if you can, to see the initial proportions,
if you can put one photo next to the other, thanks

First link is me now: https://imgur.com/kyJkFN6

First link is another mockup of +6 inches (3 inches tibias & 3 inches femurs) with +2 inches on my arms: https://imgur.com/1BCPHvJ

Future space tycoon

Sambollio

Honest to god I thought the first photo was the one you wanted a mock-up on! Looks totally natural to me, with the caveat that wearing clothes could be slightly skewing your proportions. Goodluck man I really hope you can get the full 6 inches!

ReadRothbard

I'm a bit shocked to see all the positive feedback, but I appreciate it; wish me luck in the future!  :D

Future space tycoon

craigs

• Visitor

Have you considered how noticeable of a change you're making? Mockup looks good, but it's a significant change that people you've met will notice you've grown at age 25. How do you feel about that, and how will you manage?

ReadRothbard

If I do go through with that much lengthening, then I just won’t mention it to anyone or give a vague answer. For people I know more personally, I’ll be honest.

Future space tycoon

zaozari

I don't want to spoil all the positive feedback but I cannot have an opinion if you're not in pants or shorts (you could cover all your face or eyes), I cannot easily see the level of knees, waist, elbows (and then for example the relative lenghten of humerus/radius and elbow/torso level, for example), and then have the first impression and a secondary more analytical view  of your body as a "whole", specially with those dark clothes.
Can I ask if you are not afraid of doubling the risks of surgeries with arm lenghtening and also if you're considering this because maybe you didn't like the mock ups of leg lengthening alone?

ReadRothbard

I would consider not doing arm lengthening. I don’t mind having a wingspan a couple inches shorter than my height.

Future space tycoon

zaozari

I don't mind about wingspan either, specially in my case, because people as short as me tend to have relatively also short or very short legs, particularly tibias/calves. It's one of maybe the very few "advantages" of being short in terms of CLL.

SuchLL

Have you considered how noticeable of a change you're making? Mockup looks good, but it's a significant change that people you've met will notice you've grown at age 25. How do you feel about that, and how will you manage?

There’re people who are still growing at 30+. It’s rare but not hard to find on the internet. Most people won’t even think of LL and they will easily believe whatever you tell them.

SuchLL

I would consider not doing arm lengthening. I don’t mind having a wingspan a couple inches shorter than my height.

It’s good to hear you don’t mind short wingspan. Arm lengthening is not that common and I don’t think any surgeons are good at it, including Paley. I met one patient who had arm lengthening at Paley’s institute and she had many complications and ended up spending tens of thousands of dollars having two more surgeries to fix them. I’ve never seen such things from limb lengthening patients. I believe arm lengthening requires different surgical techniques and the risk of complications are much higher because there aren’t that many patients and doctors lack experience because of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up