Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which height would you agree with as the ideal male ht? (male and female voters)

5'11"
6'
6'1"
Shorter than 5'11"
Taller than 6'1"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal  (Read 69587 times)

ItsMyLife

but you are already tall, in asia, so now stop seeking our compassion and acting like an attention w**** please.
Uppland, myself ( and many others) we live in europe, where the average height is much higher.I live in France, but in The north,uppland live in Sweden, after he compete ll, he will only be 4 cm above average ( correct me if i'm wrong uppland, but you still want to be 186 cm) and you are  7 cm above average, now.

Yup totally. I might be too tall instead. :-\
But there are many (like 15%) 1.80++ guys here.. I am sure it cant be that bad?

ItsMyLife

Evidence from SG:

One comment said he is 185 and wish he were shorter (and you see comments, so many people 185-190, 192 cm in Singapore )
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/confession-of-the-day/confession-im-171m-tall-and-i-hate-it-because-i-get-teased-for-dating-guys

ideal male height, most said 177+, or 180+.. one girl said not too tall else she feels like midget:
I'm like 5' 2".. so the guy must be taller.. at least 5' 6" to 5'11". Haha.. nothing more than 6-footer, 'cause i feel like a midget.

anold forum: ideal boyfriend height, it appears there are so many singaporeans who are 185 cm ++. my god. is it the norm now..
http://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/274294?page=3
reading forums (without silly polls and statistics) make me feel more human and more accepted.. some girls like 180, some like 183. very few go above that, but there are!

So I've decided, I wanna feel tall and that's the most important. I will eventually find the girl  even though I might have reduced dating pools (which is, according to Uppland, only hypothetical)

8)

sidenote, it must feel bad to be 183 cm in Europe/UK. see the Singapore forums...so many tall guys.. (180, 183, 186, 192: why are they so tall)  it must be even worse in UK/Europe.

Adding :
put a limit to height difference as 20 cm, and some say ideal height is 1.8, some say he wants to be 1.83, some said 175 is ideal minimum or 175... :http://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/485290?page=2

Okay I feel better. (Not too tall)

endomorphisme

itsmylife, may i ask you something?
What are you studying at university and how will you manage to earn 5000 (dollars i believe) monthly?

ItsMyLife

itsmylife, may i ask you something?
What are you studying at university and how will you manage to earn 5000 (dollars i believe) monthly?

medicine, teaching (Singapore dollrs, so about 4000 usd/month I think)

the average height here is scary: http://forums.vr-zone.com/chit-chatting/257561-survey-average-height-young-singaporean-males-8.html  = so  many 185 188 192 etc zzzzzz. based on this stupid site the average in Singapore is probably 178. (I think only those who are tall commented though)

Either way, I will decide 1.8 or 1.83. Thanks for consoling me that 1.83 is probably good.

Sweden

There is something wrong inside your head.

Anyway. My own dream height is 188.
Today I am 178. I can only add 5 more cm.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Uppland

He's erratic that's for sure. I know I pester you a bit with questions but I want to know why you think 188 is ideal in Sweden.

Uppriktigt nyfiken.

Shor7Guy

if you really thought 6foot was ideal you wouldnt fell the need to spend hours on end proving it to everybody. 6foot is probably the most you can reach cus of your arm span or sitting height, which is why your saying 6foot is ideal. Either this or your a troll.

One fundamental mistake you keep making is, when females are asked about looks, they'll say what they think is ideal in terms of LTR. Now, their pussy's think differently to their heads, cus their pussy's want ideal STR, not LTR. 6foot may be the ideal for LTR, but I can assure you a female will be more sexually attracted to a 6foot5 man than a 6foot one. Of course I can't prove this, cus there's no tests done. All I can say is I've been to a fair share of parties, and the taller the better is how it works, no limit. Here's some logic for you - it's been proven when girls want STR, they want the most dominant men (alpha male). Height is directly correlated with dominance, so by that logic, the taller you are the more sex appeal you have.

Ask girls who they find most handsome, and they'll say some guy like this at 6foot tall:

Now, go to a party, and the hotties will be banging a guy who looks like this at 6foot5:

Anybody with life experience knows what I said is 100% true.

meursault

if you really thought 6foot was ideal you wouldnt fell the need to spend hours on end proving it to everybody. 6foot is probably the most you can reach cus of your arm span or sitting height, which is why your saying 6foot is ideal. Either this or your a troll.

One fundamental mistake you keep making is, when females are asked about looks, they'll say what they think is ideal in terms of LTR. Now, their pussy's think differently to their heads, cus their pussy's want ideal STR, not LTR. 6foot may be the ideal for LTR, but I can assure you a female will be more sexually attracted to a 6foot5 man than a 6foot one. Of course I can't prove this, cus there's no tests done. All I can say is I've been to a fair share of parties, and the taller the better is how it works, no limit. Here's some logic for you - it's been proven when girls want STR, they want the most dominant men (alpha male). Height is directly correlated with dominance, so by that logic, the taller you are the more sex appeal you have.

Ask girls who they find most handsome, and they'll say some guy like this at 6foot tall:

Now, go to a party, and the hotties will be banging a guy who looks like this at 6foot5:

No! Women think they are freaks, don't you see! They are 'too tall'.

;)
Quote from: some bitch I found on a forum
Im 5'2' and I LOVE tall men and most of the guys that asked me out were tall lol.

meursault

Wow, cute little surveys and bodybuilding forum posts. You're really showing your credibility. So much for your university education.

Did it ever occur to you that women's words don't necessarily reflect their actions and decisions? If you were to ask a woman what she looks for in a man, they would say things like "a good job", "a kind heart"- but we all know those are just empty platitudes. They'll go for the handsome tall studs for one night of passion virtually every time.

Give me data showing me who is having the most sex, not what womens' alleged preferences are (that you have ascertained from online surveys and forum posts). It's just bad science/statistics, because we know people lie in surveys and make themselves look less primitive and more noble than they really are.

I know you want me to back down (like you have about half a dozen times now since yesterday, what with your moving the topic around and trying to divert from what I've been saying) and apologize, but it won't happen. By the way, I'm not 'mentally ill', you're the one that acts like you have something to prove and paid thousands of dollars to get your legs broken by a drunk russian because you 'wanted to feel tall' (but not 'too tall', which would be terrible!) and have gone on a fuming posting spree since yesterday. Must feel very small on the inside- unlike you, people like uppland and me are actually considering LL for purely pragmatic purposes.
Quote from: some bitch I found on a forum
Im 5'2' and I LOVE tall men and most of the guys that asked me out were tall lol.

ItsMyLife

Something wrong in your head. Not mine.
Anyway, why would women want to lie? If they want to lie, why six feet?
Why not say the ideal male height is 5'9 or something more average?:))

ItsMyLife

No! Women think they are freaks, don't you see! They are 'too tall'.

;)

I agree with this! :)

ItsMyLife

Wow, cute little surveys and bodybuilding forum posts. You're really showing your credibility. So much for your university education.

Opinion-polls and academic studies. Why would women want to lie? Why not lie 5'8, why lie 6' which happens to be Hollywood celebrities average height?  8)

GeTs

I lol at guys's theorys about who female find attractive, too much sluthate guys

FutureLengthener

I actually think the opposite of what you said can be true...taller guys have it better with LTRs, but all men are closer to equal when it comes to one night stands. I say this because I've heard lots of attractive short guys say that they have no trouble hooking up, but can't get in relationships because women dont see them as relationship material (because those guys carry "subhuman" genes, and also they want a guy they would be proud to show off to their friends.)

ItsMyLife

I lol at guys's theorys about who female find attractive, too much sluthate guys

One opinion poll of women is very clear ::)  and, these people think women would lie in an opinion poll. Why didn't they lie 5'10? or 5'9? This is ludicrous ;) they are experts (maybe they are women in their past life), they know what women want.. :-* :'(

Source: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/07/11/ideal-height-56-woman-511-man/

ItsMyLife

Well, a world-class (top 30 in the world) university student quotes scholarly articles.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Height+as+a+basis+for+interpersonal+attraction.-a015622157
(This was in my first post, in the bodybuilding forum)

Sorry if this pwns, together with my other arguments:)

DISCUSSION

These results aid us in understanding the conflicts in the past literature. If taller men enjoy a dating advantage, that advantage may translate into more and varied social experience, thereby enabling them to be more selective in the dating marketplace. Hence, Feingold (1982) was probably correct; taller men may indeed have prettier girlfriends given their social advantage of height. It is also the case that several other confusing findings now fit into place. Gunderson (1965) reported that naval personnel assigned to a medium-sized aircraft carrier (the sample size was not reported, but it was presumably large), expressed the opinion that 72 inches (183 cm) was the optimal desired height. Ironically, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.
The Graziano et al. study (1978) is also brought into clearer focus. The researchers in that study were mystified when women seemed to prefer medium height men (5'9" to 5'11") to either short men (5'5" to 5'7") or tall men (6'2" to 6'4"). Graziano and his colleagues erroneously assumed that taller males are ipso facto more attractive. In light of the results found here, there is clearly a "ceiling effect"; at some point taller is not better for males. :-* :-* :-*Graziano encountered the ceiling. Using the same categories proposed by Graziano, the same results may be replicated with the preference of uninvolved females; 3 (2%) preferred short males, 40 (28%) preferred medium height males, while tall males were chosen by 34 (23%). Note, however, that the medium category is the closest approximation to the real choice of six feet.

Third, there is apparently a "ceiling effect" in interpersonal attractiveness for the male. These data suggest that taller is not always better and that at some point, the advantage of male height may become a disadvantage. Obviously, that conclusion is tentative at present, but it is clearly a matter for future investigation.

Ceiling effect proven! 8)

ItsMyLife

You win. First time anecdotal evidence from one person beats my anecdotal experience + opinion surveys + scholastic articles . Wow :) that is a high IQ person.

ItsMyLife

I actually think the opposite of what you said can be true...taller guys have it better with LTRs, but all men are closer to equal when it comes to one night stands. I say this because I've heard lots of attractive short guys say that they have no trouble hooking up, but can't get in relationships because women dont see them as relationship material (because those guys carry "subhuman" genes, and also they want a guy they would be proud to show off to their friends.)

True! ;D

jfk

There is definitely something wrong in your head. Going to India with Dr. Sarin. Now you want to go to the Ukraine. You said only Jamal, no one else. Do you watch news??? Have you heard of WAR? There must be something really really deeply wrong with you. Always picking the cheapest options. Thats how your legs gonna look like.

Overdozer

Dude, you can't trust women. When they say they prefer 6', it obviously means they prefer 6'10". And when they say 'NO', oh dear... they're asking for the D. And if they scream 'STOP'... well you know what that means.  8)
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Bry

I think women just say they want 6' tall guys because 6 is a round number, just that.
They cant tell the difference between a 5'10 and a 6'...
Just because it sounds better, they go for it xD
Really, I think we shouldn't worry so much about what that kind of girls think, if they prefer a guy because they have height 6' instead of 5' something
In metric countries, girls prefer 180cm, just because it's a rounded number.
Actually, they just end up with anyone that get a connection to her, simple as that. Some are more artificial, but who cares?

Bry

I agree. I have posted many times that height doesn't matter, provided you're not too short nor too tall. I would accept almost any height if I feel emotionally, intellectually and physically attracted to that man. My preferences go, however, for men going from 5'10 to 6' or perhaps 6'1 (only after my LL, which will situate me at 5'7).

Exactly, if the guy is not too short for THAT girls height or too tall, there won't be any problem.
You say your preference is between 5'10 - 6', but you can end up with someone just 1 or 2 inches taller than you.
I may be 176-178cm after LL, which will take a long time to do still, currently I'm 166cm, but I never had any problem having girls, even the taller ones. xD
They may say what they want, but many times we don't really know what we exactly want or need.

sadboy

Please... I've seen ugly, short losers getting girlfriends and having one night stands. It's very easy to hook up these days, lets be honest here...

ItsMyLife

It appears that the guy who said that I was incoherent, ie, mersault, has yet to address my scientific studies, the opinion polls and my reasoning.

Mersault, who has immensely high IQ because he claims that my data is incoherent, when he has YET to provide any sound data:
This is just a sad, sad tale of bitterness, jealousy, mental illness, mental anguish and an attempt to cope.

Apparently, I have annihilated and destroyed his reasoning for wanting LL surgery. Probably he wants to be 190 cm and I have just toppled (totally) any logical reasoning for wanting to be 190cm (probably he wanted more dates to spice up his love life).

At 190  cm he would probably feel tall, but girls would find him "too tall" as the researchers said, there is a "ceiling effect". 190cm is probably way past it  :-[

I think the one who is jealous? bitter? is him, and not me, as my target is 182cm which is proven by these academic research and opinion polls (in fact, not just one, but multiple). to be the IDEAL height for dating purposes.

Well, he can live in his own delusion, that, women consistently lie to the surveyers and to the researchers and academicians that 183 cm (6 feet) is the ideal height. It appears to be really fortuitious that this was the result of multiple studies AND polls :] all these people are incoherent. ::)

Thank you for showing us your intelligence.

ItsMyLife

I think women just say they want 6' tall guys because 6 is a round number, just that.
They cant tell the difference between a 5'10 and a 6'...
Just because it sounds better, they go for it xD
Really, I think we shouldn't worry so much about what that kind of girls think, if they prefer a guy because they have height 6' instead of 5' something
In metric countries, girls prefer 180cm, just because it's a rounded number.
Actually, they just end up with anyone that get a connection to her, simple as that. Some are more artificial, but who cares?

True, many Singapore girls put 180 cm as the ideal, as we are metric.
Some post strange numbers like 175 as the minimum ideal, and 177, etc, weird numbers. One or two commented 6 feet (for some strange reason, probably too many American dramas). The forums where I searched "male ideal height Singapore" have been posted in my earlier post.

ItsMyLife

It's just bad science/statistics, because we know people lie in surveys and make themselves look less primitive and more noble than they really are.

That is a very coherent answer. You are of great and supreme intelligence. Let me kowtow to you. It appears immensely fortuitous and just a matter of sheer chance that women chose 183 cm (which is a few cm above the average height) to appear like saints, who don't go for height. It appears totally fortuitous that in multiple polls and academic research, the women lie consistently, to give 6 feet as the answer.

My thinking is: If they want to appear like saints, probably they should have chose 5'1, 5'9 or 5'10. But the studies? All say 6' is the ideal. Or at most, 6'1. One said 5'11.

The reproducible effect of these studies AND polls, AND anecdotal evidence AND the fact that Hollywood celebrities average 6 feet = this is incoherent reasoning, compared to your very very coherent reasoning that women consistently lie to surveyors to appear saintly (yeah, they vote 6 feet and not 5'9; 6 feet is not above average, oh okay. ))

Everyone has a point of view and you do not have to shove your 'superior" point of view ;)

I wonder if I have just made someone really mad with anger because his plan to go to 190 cm appears now.... not to have any benefit at all in terms of dating , in fact it is totally disadvantageous..due to what scientists call the ceiling effect; I am sorry if this has happened. Trust me, I study medicine. Breathe deeply, baby.

ItsMyLife

I agree. I have posted many times that height doesn't matter, provided you're not too short nor too tall. I would accept almost any height if I feel emotionally, intellectually and physically attracted to that man. My preferences go, however, for men going from 5'10 to 6' or perhaps 6'1 (only after my LL, which will situate me at 5'7).

Well, some people seem to be seething mad after I systemically destroy their reasoning with opinion polls, academic research, anecdotal evidence, and solid arguments (eg, my Hollywood argument). Well, that is the trouble when you study a double degree in medicine and law.  You write good arguments. Ah well. It shall destroy more brain cells if I continue this diffusion of intellect.

You know what they think? They think that all women like to be shrimps. As you or Diso said: I do not like to be a shrimp.   They think you are just being saintly. Height is not important, you wanna portray this to surveyors. You lie to scientists to portray a godly image. Well, if you  so want to be godly and saintly, and act all good, why choose six feet? Why not choose 5'5 as the ideal male height? :D

It appears that my IQ is too low to understand the supremely intelligent beings here who have far better university degrees than myself. :P :P :P

ItsMyLife

There is definitely something wrong in your head. Going to India with Dr. Sarin. Now you want to go to the Ukraine. You said only Jamal, no one else. Do you watch news??? Have you heard of WAR? There must be something really really deeply wrong with you. Always picking the cheapest options. Thats how your legs gonna look like.

One would have thought he would have learnt after that Sarin experience. Ah, maybe his IQ is too high  for us to understand his logic.

ItsMyLife

if you really thought 6foot was ideal you wouldnt fell the need to spend hours on end proving it to everybody.

Im free now (lengthening) so I thought I could stop some body dysmoprhic disorder. As musicmaker knows, a BDD patient is very difficult to convince. Even when we present him/her with solid evidence, he/she will try to convince himself/herself that he/she is right. This leads to  (unfortunately) disastrous cosmetic surgery outcomes and the never-ending quest for freakishness! I hope I can stop the bitterness in their poor souls before they die of embolism on the operating theatre or suffer devastating consequences. Donating some of my time is OK.

Alright, going to sleep now. Apparently my IQ of 140 and university education is  not enough to comprehend some supremely intelligent people on this thread.

ForcedPuberty

minus 2.5 inches.  ---------- average --------------- addition of 2.5 inches.

that is it in a nutshell.

at these thresholds opinions become different at exponential speeds/lengths.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

minus 2.5 inches.  ---------- average --------------- addition of 2.5 inches.

that is it in a nutshell.

at these thresholds opinions become different at exponential speeds/lengths.
(PS: I am curious what MM and Diso think of this. I have a guys mind, so this is my best guess)

FP, I can only think of one reason why there is a divergence of opinions.
For dating, as is confirmed by multiple sources, 6 feet is ideal. Why?
Most girls will think that 6' is good, not too tall, not short, and definitely above average, definitely trophy boyfriend material.

At 6'2 or so, there is a divergence of opinions. Some girls say: Ah, 6'2 is too tall, nah, I feel like midget (Disobedient and MM). Some girls say: Oh man, 6'2, hes so tall, I will sleep with him. Other girls say: Ah, Most 6'2 guys are doofy-looking (there is a thread on this), so I will vote, 6' is the best, pretty boy type. 

THIS IS NOT TO SAY that 6'2 is bad, its ugly, freakish.

6'2 is probably
* a good height to feel tall in western countries
* but, not the ideal height for dating (more girls prefer six feet)
* some girls will still like six feet two guys.

It is really more of a PERSONAL choice.

If I were in the UK, I would ask myself what do I want more? What is my priority? Do I want a better dating life? Or..Do I want to feel tall amongst my peers?
*If I want a better dating life: 6' is ideal. Con: You will not feel very tall
* If I want to feel tall: 6'2 is ideal. Con: You might get less girls, as has been PROVEN (I hesitate to say that 6'2 is freak-ish due to the great  number of people being that height, maybe 6'5 or 7 feet) => If you can live with this, then fine, it is your ideal height.

I think this is the best way to reconcile the data that is being thrown at us. (I must admit I am shocked with the data, but this is a better way to reconcile it, than to say the girls are consistently lying through their teeth).

Lets apply the Theoretical situation to Singapore (where average is lower by an inch or two), applying parity of reasoning....
*If I want a better dating life: I will possibly choose 178 or maybe 180 cm. (or even 183 cm(six feet). why? see below)
*If I want to feel tall: definitely 6', 6'1, 6'2. BUT, I might hypothetically get less girls. 
**** The problem is, nobody has definitively said what is the ideal height in Singapore, there is no poll. We can only GUESS that the ideal is lower than America/UK. But, I am challenging this assertion! K-pop and Singapore celebrities tend to be about 180+. PERHAPS, 180-183 is the ideal height in Singapore. Perhaps, 180-183 is universally ideal owing to globalisation forces.

Why I choose Six Feet in a country with shorter population (Singapore):
1. I am trying to strike a balance between girls and feeling tall.
2. I want to feel tall. That's more important to me than girls. So I will take the risk, of being abit too tall for some girls.
3. I did not choose 6'2-6'3 or something cause that would surely reduce my dating pool. Dating to me is not important (I easily get girls/guys) but it surely has to be important to some degree.
4. THERE IS A CHANCE that six feet (or maybe 180-183 cm) is ideal in Singapore, since our celebrities, K-pop celebrities, Taiwanese celebrities tend to be six feet. A Korean talkshow also asked girls and it appeared that 180cm was the "minimum height" they would date. This is the globalisation hypothesis, that the ideal height is universally 183 cm.

Perhaps, I am wrong to say that some members here have BDD.
A better way to phrase it: Determine your priorities. What do you want??? If you want to be 188cm, be prepared to take a small dip in your dating life! You will feel tall, and that itself is  a good thing. Who knows, if you feel tall, you will have more confidence, and you will have a better dating life. After all, I think confidence is very important.

This is the best way I can think of, to come to an amiable and amicable answer. (Of course, there are more extreme views which posit that girls want to be midgets, but that's a distortion in mindset)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up