Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My New plan for LL. I need advice and opinions!!!  (Read 10626 times)

jamesizu

My New plan for LL. I need advice and opinions!!!
« on: December 16, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »

I'm 5'8. I now plan on doing 2 inches for both my tibias and femurs. 4 inches total. And MAYBE half an inch on both my humerus bones. The less height added, the better. :) I personally think I'll look pretty freakin proportionate! :) I am willing to span this out for the next 4 years. So, I'll go and add two inches, then come home and rest. Then I go back and add the additional 2 inches. Then I go back home. Then MAYBE I come back one last time for my humerus bones. 4 years. Ami'right?  ;D

Opinions and advice please!!!!!  I'm thinking of using Disobedient's doctor. I'm pretty excited for her and I think she's gonna come out fine. :)

jamesizu

Re: My New plan for LL. I need advice and opinions!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

Also, can anyone recommend affordable doctors? How much does a 2 inch operation usually cost? And how long does a two inch operation take to get back home? Thanks.

Russianblues

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »

Don't waste your early 20s doing this  . 20-25 best years of many people's lives and your going to spend it in a hospital bed in India. I could understand if you were like 5'1 but you are my starting height so I can relate. Honestly I probably wouldn't have been deterred if someone told me this beforehand so all power to you. Can almost guarantee you won't come back for your femurs let alone humerus.

Sweden

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »

It is a myth that the best years are your early 20s.
My absolutely best year in my life was around 27-29/30.

When I turn 40 and have my huge party I can barely imagine how great it will be!

173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Claude

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »

Yeah it really depend on how you see your life.
I would say my best years are those when i had plenty of money, free time and a little wisdom, so for me that was between 25 and now.
When i was around 20 i was really ignorant and "scared".
Now im less ignorant.
40 is great yeah.

My advice would be, take your time and avoid touching your arms.
It's better to have a little weird proportions now and wait for the medical techniques to improve.
Be patient.

Russianblues

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »

It is a myth that the best years are your early 20s.
My absolutely best year in my life was around 27-29/30.

When I turn 40 and have my huge party I can barely imagine how great it will be!

God you post the most stupid   sometimes. Hopefully it's because you're ESL rather than just dull.

Ever thought that the "best years" of our lives vary from person to person and why in my original statement I said the best years of "many peoples" lives.

James if you want my actual advice I'd say do as much as your body allows latn/lon, get on crutches in 4-5 months and live the rest of your live above average in America.

Daylight

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »

Don't waste your early 20s doing this s**t. 20-25 best years of many people's lives and your going to spend it in a hospital bed in India. I could understand if you were like 5'1 but you are my starting height so I can relate. Honestly I probably wouldn't have been deterred if someone told me this beforehand so all power to you. Can almost guarantee you won't come back for your femurs let alone humerus.
If he had a thought of going to this site then he is not really enjoying his life. Plus, I think doing this surgery at your early 20s is the best because you will be recovering faster.

Claude

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

I dont think what Sweden says is stupid, he is just taking short cuts.
Well anyway James wait and dont go to desobedient's doc now.
Doing monorails on femur and tibia at the same time is really really a bad idea.
Doing LL on arms is a bad idea too.
Now you could do 5-7 on your tibia when you find a nice doctor in India or Russia, or elsewhere.
you should have at least 25K-35K just to have more choice.

Claude

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »

I think doing this surgery at your early 20s is the best because you will be recovering faster.

Yes if you can afford it and everything goes well.
If you screw up its another story.

jamesizu

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »

How'd y'all know I was early twenties? Does my profile say? Haha. And I'm doing this because I want to physically be able to handle tough, or strenuous environments. (I currently work in a back stock room with lots of heavy lifting and big boxes. I see how my height and arm reach makes things harder sometimes. Like those freakin super tall dumpsters.  >:()

So it's more of a survival thing than acceptance from others. If I'm bigger, the less likely I'll be targeted as weak, the more I can physically handle, the more I can protect others. My dad is an inch shorter than me. He's a weak man...

From y'all's responses, I'd say your advice is be patient. Okay :) I won't rush.

Edit: also I'm a nice guy. People sometimes take advantage of that and assume I'm weak, leaving me in quite an awkward situation. If I embody strength, then my mind should follow soon after, correct? Although, I've never really been targeted much before. Only if the person knows me and knows that I'm on the shorter side as well as nice is when they attempt to walk over me. Luckily, I've been told I'm on the "very attractive side  (lol)" so I think that's saved my butt...like.. A lot... :/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:48:18 PM by jamesizu »

Russianblues

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »

And I'm doing this because I want to physically be able to handle tough, or strenuous environments.

You've gotta be kidding me.

jamesizu

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »

As a matter of fact RussianBlues, no. I'm not kidding.

Russianblues

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »

I'm just dumbfounded, this surgery gimps you so hard and I guarantee you will be able to perform better in your pre LL state than post for at least a few years. I mean there is rampant debate whether you can even get to 90%+. Not to mention considering spending 4 years of your life to perform better are your job is ludicrous in and of itself.

You want to be taller because you're insecure about your height. This is an anonymous forum you don't need to lie to anyone.

jamesizu

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »

Of course I'm insecure about my height... I never said I wasn't. Working in the back of a store, and being reminded that I can't reach something, or move something, everyday, just reminds me that a couple of inches could make me more capable. Very insecure.

I guess I worded it wrong. But there's far more reasons to this than just "strenuous environments". I have my reasons. Can we just be friends?

Russianblues

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »

Not trying to come off as mean, but, lets be real. No one would willingly go through what you are planning just to be better at reaching things on shelves!

Lots of people in diaries say that they have their reasons and don't elaborate which is fine.

Yea of course, friends :)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 06:17:57 PM »

Being taller definitely makes people perceive you as being stronger/tougher.

I think your 5 and 5 plan is a good one.  If I'd had the time and money I'd probably have done it that way, but that would've been with internals.  Don't do external femurs, it's just awful.  I know two people who did it and it was pure agony the whole time.

jamesizu

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »

What about external tibias? I'm just worried about the price for internals.

And thanks, your always so encouraging and positive :)

Claude

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »

Yeah dont do external femurs.
And yeah Russianblues is right, you will very probably be weaker after LL (permanently).
I think you meant look stronger, not actually be stronger.
External on tibias look ok, the main advantage of internals when weight bearing is that you can stand up, which is very important fpr your recovery.

But externals are less expensive.
There is also the Salameh fix as a nice external with no nail inserted, but you would have to wear it around a year.

Disobedient

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »

Of course I'm insecure about my height... I never said I wasn't. Working in the back of a store, and being reminded that I can't reach something, or move something, everyday, just reminds me that a couple of inches could make me more capable. Very insecure.

you're 5'8  I wonder what is the thing that you can't reach!!!

hey james could u post pic of yourself hide the face if you want ..it would be helpful to determine whether your plan is good enough or not

jamesizu

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »

Sure. I can post a pic. And you'd be surprised how many things I can't reach in the back. If I just had an extra few inches I'd be golden. (Cheesy for using the word "golden" but whatever. Lol)

And how are you doing with your progress? Do you think you will meet any problems physically when you get home. I'm really considering using your doctor. But only if you recommend it

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »

What about external tibias? I'm just worried about the price for internals.

And thanks, your always so encouraging and positive :)

I did external tibias.  It's certainly not comfortable, but not the agonizing experience external femurs is.

Jungle, the most hardcore LLer in the world, did one external femur and decided to wait longer and pay more to do the other one internally.

Disobedient

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »

Sure. I can post a pic. And you'd be surprised how many things I can't reach in the back. If I just had an extra few inches I'd be golden. (Cheesy for using the word "golden" but whatever. Lol)

And how are you doing with your progress? Do you think you will meet any problems physically when you get home. I'm really considering using your doctor. But only if you recommend it

I think 5'8 is a very good height for a man.. and you should not face problems with it , but defiantly 6 is much better..

so  post your pic and let us give you sm opinions you may not need humerus lengthening .. or even femur lengthening.. usually 2 inches  in the tibia would do the job and it wouldn't make you look unproportional

jamesizu

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 01:33:35 AM »

I'll post a picture soon.

So I'm gonna do this procedure on my 21'st year. :) I'll save up for two years, get all my personal unrelated goals outta the way, and if I'm still up to it, then what the heck? I'll do it. I'll have the funds saved up!

My plan is bullet proof! ha-HA! (Triumphant laughing)

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »

Words to newbies. Do as much research as you can, make your own decision and don't trust everything you heard. LL is karma, an action which you've chosen to undergo. Know yourself,  how much can you stand the pain, did you ever break anyone's leg. If everything is cleared move ahead. Even with the amount of money Steve Jobs had, doctors couldn't save him. You can pay 60k for your LL, but no guarantees of the outcome either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up