Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent effects of LL  (Read 88291 times)

Sara123

Re: Permanent effects of LL
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »

I’m female and plan to do cross lateral, 4 or 3 cm on femur and 3 cm on tibia. Is this relatively low risk because not lengthening large amounts??

Would be one femur and one opposite tibia then after the other 2 cross sections.

I’m about to give up my job, my apartment, leave all my stuff in boxes to go and do this and change my life. I’m so scared but feel I have to do it.

LAGrowin

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2018, 05:01:10 AM »

I’m female and plan to do cross lateral, 4 or 3 cm on femur and 3 cm on tibia. Is this relatively low risk because not lengthening large amounts??

Would be one femur and one opposite tibia then after the other 2 cross sections.

I’m about to give up my job, my apartment, leave all my stuff in boxes to go and do this and change my life. I’m so scared but feel I have to do it.

Good for you that you've made your decision to take this step.  Where are you doing it?  How tall are you currently ?

Sara123

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »

Thank you. I won’t say yet who with not until I have had the consultation. Once I have had the consultation, I will write it here. I plan to be honest on this forum and detail my experiences on this forum to help others. I’m around 156cm (just a little over that) but have a long torso with short legs and have felt very very low about this since I was about 15 or 16. I will never forget the pain I felt when I realised I was going to be an adult female with such short legs at the age of around 15 or 16 watching my female friends wear skirts, the pain was too much.

At times I have felt as if I’m not even female, that I’m not male either but not quite female either. It’s been a nightmare. Although I am completely female and do not suffer from any gender issues, my short legs have just made me feel less like a woman because the message we get from the media and society is that women are supposed to have reasonably longish legs so they can wear skirts and dresses etc. for job interviews and parties etc. I’ve been told I have a pretty face and a beautiful long torso as in nice and curvy waist but my legs let me down so much. I’ve always dreamt of being able to wear a nice dress or a skirt and feel female and normal. I get so down sometimes that I don’t want to leave the house. I’m scared right now that this surgery will go wrong but I’m hoping that if I do small amounts in each segment and follow all instructions and eat well, I don’t smoke, that hopefully it will be ok.

If it all goes wrong, my life might be much worse yes but it’s so bad now that I can’t live like this anymore either. I will update once I have had the consultation. And will give more details about the surgeon. I live in the UK.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:12:17 PM by Sara123 »

myloginacct

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »

I totally agree with you, I had it done when I was only twelve because i was born with a leg longer than the other one and its been hell to me this past 18 years living in pain not being bale to function 100 percent its the worst especially as a female, like wearing heels on a special occasion is a challenge. I wish my dad had never allowed that surgery :(

I wish we had asked her more questions when she'd still be reading the forums.

Wwoman26 is the classic example of justified LL: correcting a limb length discrepancy in a child whose growth plates are still not closed. Even despite that, she thinks she'd rather have lived with the discrepancy.

Of course, she may have had a completely different opinion and went for LL herself (as an adult) had her parents not decided on this for her when she was a child, but this we'll never know.

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2018, 01:25:48 PM »

I did LL 14 yrs ago, read my diary
5 ft 8 pre LL. 6ft post LL at age 29 in 2004. 4 inches on femurs with internal Bliskunov/Jamal rod.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up