Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening Amount Recommended  (Read 122424 times)

inchesmatter

Re: Lengthening Amount Recommended
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2019, 12:58:44 AM »

I am a Betz patient and am happy with the results so far.  I’m in the consolidation phase now. While in Germany, I met some former Betz patients and they were both very happy with their results. I like Dr. Betz as a person and can recommend him.

Vibes

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2021, 01:47:09 AM »

I have heard a ton of things about Betz on these forums! Good and Bad.  I know he has been doing this surgery for a long time now. I wonder what his success rate is... hmm

Me also. It would be amazing if we could somehow build a consortium of verifiable info as it's just so hard to know what to believe with some doctors/diaries on this forum.

Ayesha12345

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2021, 12:42:15 AM »

Hey! I’m 149cm female and interested in LL at 32! I don’t think u should do external method bcz that will be extremely painful. I will be choosing precise if I go for it as it comes in thin nails and can bear some weight if you’re thin & short. I weigh 49 kg & I think precise can handle upto 68 kg? So if you weigh less pick precise. I’m unmarried n worried my life may come to a still if I get LL & God forbid recovery takes long. Although bone formation at this age is fine & deteriorates after 50s.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2021, 12:52:22 AM »

Hey! I’m 149cm female and interested in LL at 32! I don’t think u should do external method bcz that will be extremely painful. I will be choosing precise if I go for it as it comes in thin nails and can bear some weight if you’re thin & short. I weigh 49 kg & I think precise can handle upto 68 kg? So if you weigh less pick precise. I’m unmarried n worried my life may come to a still if I get LL & God forbid recovery takes long. Although bone formation at this age is fine & deteriorates after 50s.

Great - and congratulations on your decision! Are you considering femur or tibia? Just remember to eat healthy and exercise/stretch a lot before AND during lengthening - you'll do great! :)
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Future Skycraper

« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »

Cheers friend!
Well I don't know about the precise weitght bearing, but you can message a doctor via email to make sure.
Well, it depends at your goal to be honest. But 20% of the total size of the bone is the max, usually. You can get only 8cm with one surgery and 8-16cm with two surgeries, but it depends at the lentgh pprogram you choose. Therés no rule for it. Beacause it mostly depends at your body conditions and health, if you're healthy and really flexible, the rehab should take less time. I would say that it takes 2 years to fully recover, trhough what I read.

But please, email doctors and ask them about it, emailing is free :)

Hope the other users come here to help!

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »

Honestly, goals are one thing. Your suffering tolerance and function recovery is another. Lengthening past 6cm will feel quite different than the first 3cm. If your body says stop, then you should, or you will likely never return to normal functions without a follow-up surgery.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »

Honestly, goals are one thing. Your suffering tolerance and function recovery is another. Lengthening past 6cm will feel quite different than the first 3cm. If your body says stop, then you should, or you will likely never return to normal functions without a follow-up surgery.
This is the correct answer.

Personally I am doing 5cm. It's not worth the risk and long-term work you need to put into your body to recover.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Hercules

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2021, 07:56:02 PM »

This is the correct answer.

Personally I am doing 5cm. It's not worth the risk and long-term work you need to put into your body to recover.

How much easier & less risky is it to recover from doing 5 cm vs doing more than that?  I know that Dr. Donghoon Lee has said that going over 5 cm leads to more serious strength / ability losses, but it would be nice to see supporting evidence of better recovery / less complications in the form of patient diaries and studies, etc.

-Hercules

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2021, 08:31:10 PM »

How much easier & less risky is it to recover from doing 5 cm vs doing more than that?  I know that Dr. Donghoon Lee has said that going over 5 cm leads to more serious strength / ability losses, but it would be nice to see supporting evidence of better recovery / less complications in the form of patient diaries and studies, etc.

-Hercules

Yeah apparently from reading diaries and YouTube vids, on the femurs the first 3-4cm is very doable and it starts to get exponentially more difficult past around 5-6cm. That’s why I’m aiming for 5-6cm when I do it hopefully. But if your body can handle it and it’s safe, then you can do more. Listening to ur body is very important.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Hercules

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2021, 09:55:25 PM »

UNOFFICIAL GRAPH SHOWING HOW DIFFICULT LENGTHENING GETS AS YOU GAIN LENGTH (in CM) (LINK AT BOTTOM):   

Below is a link to a "generalized and unofficial graph that shows how difficult lengthening gets as you gain length." The graph is from the patient diary of one of Dr. Assayag's patients.  The patient says that the graph is "based on the reports of experts in the leg lengthening field, specifically the doctors, physical therapists, and actual leg lengthening patients who have described the difficulty levels based on the length. Of course it doesn’t apply to everyone, but this is a general overview."   You can see that GRAPH in the patient's diary here:

https://heightjourney.wordpress.com/2021/04/23/day-36-end-of-week-5-journey-getting-tougher-3-15cm-1-24-inch/

Sorcerer

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2021, 08:43:56 AM »

Seems like Dr.Betz being devoted into making jokes?10-12cm in one operation?

Alright what I've heard is that it's just a piece of fake news and one friend in my Wechat group paid a visit to Betz and it was a coincidence that he asked the question about lengthening amount recommend and Betz's answer was '5-6cm in tibias and 7-8cm in femurs'.

Tennis-freak1997

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2021, 09:16:51 PM »

Hey guys, I am a 5'3" male. I am looking to get to the 5' 6.5" general height. I would want to do both femurs and tibias for good proportions and safety as it seems that 5cm (about 2 inches) is the safety limit to extending a bone. I was considering 2 inches in the femurs and another 1.5 in the tibias. Would this be a good option?

Sorcerer

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2021, 07:56:08 AM »

Hey guys, I am a 5'3" male. I am looking to get to the 5' 6.5" general height. I would want to do both femurs and tibias for good proportions and safety as it seems that 5cm (about 2 inches) is the safety limit to extending a bone. I was considering 2 inches in the femurs and another 1.5 in the tibias. Would this be a good option?
Totally safe.But you have to be warned against nails being called back and for instance,now Indian surgeons cannot provide intramedullary rods for patients and you have to buy rods through companies.

Tennis-freak1997

• Visitor
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2021, 05:29:12 PM »

Is simultaneous/sequential quadrilateral lengthening worth it, heard there is more risk for complications? And who would be the better option, Dr. Donghoon Lee or Dr. Parihar for it?

Tennis-freak1997

• Visitor
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2021, 05:29:52 PM »

Totally safe.But you have to be warned against nails being called back and for instance,now Indian surgeons cannot provide intramedullary rods for patients and you have to buy rods through companies.

Is simultaneous/sequential quadrilateral lengthening worth it, heard there is more risk for complications? And who would be the better option, Dr. Donghoon Lee or Dr. Parihar for it?

Sorcerer

« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2021, 11:09:56 PM »

I said Indian surgeons cannot provide rods anymore and absolutely Dr.Donghoon Lee is the better opinion

zaozari

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2021, 09:10:22 PM »

Hello, everybody,
I am new here, so please be patient with any mistake or inconvenience.
I think I am in the topic about the recommended/indicated/safest amount of limb lengthening.
According to my previous research, a fundamental item to evaluate that is the starting point, that is, the original lenght of the bone. I don't understand why doctors don't include this variable in their information.  Are they all a bit commercial or isn't this item not that important? It real seems to be relevant, at least from a common sense point of vue. It's "bad" because very short people like me (152cm) will be candidates to less lengthening, but anatomy and physiology are not made of wishful thanking.
The maximum safe lengthening amount I read was 20% of initial lenght. This is to be taken into account together with other things, like bone density, flexibility, etc.
What's your opinion and information on this? Have you questioned the doctors?

xianeffect

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »

I said Indian surgeons cannot provide rods anymore and absolutely Dr.Donghoon Lee is the better opinion

Lee is only better option than Parihar if you want to pay 2 to 3 times the price for a doctor with over decade less experience just so you can eat Korean noodles in a shiny hospital.

I used to consider Lee but researched and now believe if you can afford Lee you should just go to Parihar and use that extra money to stay in the luxury Mumbai hotels that have mostly international visitors.

TheGambitKing

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2022, 02:15:46 AM »

Im 1,65 male; would u guys do 6cm or 7 cm in femur? Is the additional cm worth?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2022, 03:24:00 AM »

Im 1,65 male; would u guys do 6cm or 7 cm in femur? Is the additional cm worth?

7 cm is generally going to be fine in the femurs, but only your doctor can make that decision.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Mayday

• Visitor
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »

Do you know what the advantage/disadvantages of supra vs infra?

Cookie Girl

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2023, 08:41:06 AM »

I wish growing 3.5 or 4 inch could be risk free  :'(

I'm thinking of having surgery
5'3 to 5'6

Werewolf

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2023, 01:47:02 PM »

Femur max 9cm safe 7cm / Tibia max 7cm safe 6 cm (except for flexible and tall people they may exceed these figures)
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

MosheRothPT

• Visitor
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2023, 04:27:14 AM »

With consistent and professional therapy throughout the lengthening process, along with good PT-Patient-Dr communication  for pain management , slowing the rate of lengthening and dedication to stretching you should be able to achieve 8cm in the femurs. There are many options available to safely achieve 8 cm but its hard work and dedication.

1team

« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2023, 08:11:48 AM »

With consistent and professional therapy throughout the lengthening process, along with good PT-Patient-Dr communication  for pain management , slowing the rate of lengthening and dedication to stretching you should be able to achieve 8cm in the femurs. There are many options available to safely achieve 8 cm but its hard work and dedication.

Given how hard it is to achieve 8cm and the amount of resistance from your body like it is screaming at you to stop lengthening would you consider it a sign that pushing through to that point is bad for your body long term?

Fireworks196

• Visitor
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2023, 10:47:34 PM »

lmao several of Buldu and Betz's patients did 11 on femurs all the time
Pointing to Dr.Betz/Becker or Dr.Pili

Everything is possible. You only live once..

Fireworks196

• Visitor
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2023, 10:49:25 PM »

even a guy called fivetenneeded2016 did more than 20 cm but in small amounts for 3 or more segments

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2870
Pointing to Dr.Betz/Becker or Dr.Pili

Everything is possible. You only live once..

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »

lmao several of Buldu and Betz's patients did 11 on femurs all the time

Lots of peeps do it. Few talk about it.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up