Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LATN Femurs - Dr Singh  (Read 98749 times)

bluebarbie

Re: LATN Femurs - Dr Singh
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 04:36:35 AM »

https://bluebarbiedoll.wordpress.com/

my spider sense is tingling............ something seems very wrong about that website.

Yeh I m only 145 cms so I have to get at least 7cm. =(.
My Rom of left knee is around 45' and right is 60'. Before they were around 90' until one bad inflammation came about a week ago. Since then I couldn't get my Rom back.
What is wrong by my blog.?can u tell me in details pls.?
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

bluebarbie

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 04:39:26 AM »

Singapore dollars?
No USD..  Including all cost I think i might be spending about 70000$. I regret about not being able to get internals. I thought the cost for internals are about 80000+
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:15 AM »

can I ask you what do you do in real life? just curious. you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey.

I assume you can straighten your legs?

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1099.msg19192#msg19192

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

bluebarbie

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 05:13:32 AM »

It's OK. Well I run a tour company. But my mom paid for my surgery. My parents are both doctors. And I am the only child so, they are always there to fulfill my dreams.
Yeh straightening my legs is ok for me.
What is wrong with my website, u mentioned b4?

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 05:36:37 AM »

I suspected it(you doing a job like that) . you running a tour company shows in your website.

:) don't worry its all good. :)

its layout is done in such a professional manner that it makes you look like a marketer, however your demeanor makes me believe you were a real patient and had no such marketing engender, this led me to a confused state where there were 2 conflicting puzzle pieces, I strongly suspected that the layout was due to your job.

in other words you should take it as a compliment that your web site looks very professional and it shows. :) running a tour company means you are good at marketing and I can see it in your website.

so good luck on your journey. this website has to always be cautious about people who try to promote doctors. but this doesn't apply to you.

good luck. you sound like a sweet girl :) my recommendation is that you really really email other doctors and get second opinions for how much is a safe limit for external femurs. my doctor believes 5cm. I think if you really must have so much length at least stop at 6.5cm.

its sad because for external femurs you can get it done for like 20k or even less in Russia. however I am sure you have amazing quality of care. and I think for girls it is better to pay for all the luxuries instead of trying to just tough it through. because this is a very emotional journey. :) don't worry about the money, both your parents are doctors. :) I think just focus on the height, and how awesome life will be in the future.

I think that you should only go for 6cm......... 6.5cm tops. I personally am doing 5cm  femur. but that's just me.
after you are done femurs, see if you like the new height or want more.

and if you want more then get tibia done for like 15k.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 05:44:05 AM »

You wrote in your blog that Dr. Singh told you your femur bones were too small for the internal method. Did he suggest any particular internal device before discovering from your x-rays that your bones wouldn't fit them?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:08 AM »

Don't worry Singapore has one of the best medical systems in the world.
Its good that you came here to do your legs. I would have done in SG if I could bear to afford this amount of money (yes I can afford but I wanna save)
The price is ridiculous but then again Singapore is now the most expensive city to live in.
For external femurs, it is best to stop about 4-5 cm. Maybe you can speak to Dr Singh about it.
SG has a dearth of LL doctors who are experienced and I think Dr Singh is the most experienced surgeon in SG.
He used to practise in TTSH and use the Fitbone technology. Price was about 100,000 SGD (about 80,000 USD)
I am abit worried about frame removal so I will remove in Singapore. Russia doesn't believe in anesthesia, pain killers and antibiotics, so I think Singapore is much much better.

YellowSpike

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »

No USD..  Including all cost I think i might be spending about 70000$. I regret about not being able to get internals. I thought the cost for internals are about 80000+

I paid roughly $80K all in for internals with Dr. G., but that also included cost of living abroad and the pre-training costs. Without pre-training, it would've been less, but that's unfortunately part of Dr. G's red tape unless your initial Cybex test results are very high. I did not want to postpone the surgery for months in order to do it on my own, so I chose to suck it up and pay so I could get the surgery in before the new year.

How are you doing bluebarbie? When do you expect to finish lengthening?

bluebarbie

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 07:05:04 AM »

ForcedPuberty,
Thz, I appreciate your compliment and concern. My doctor asked me how much I'd like to gain on our pre op consultation? I told him 7 to 8cms. But he advised me to get 6 first then see it goes and add more if my body accepts. But I must have 7+. I m doing stretching exercises as much as I can and maintaining my Rom. I swear Iwould never go for another LL journey to gain more. Have had enough. I'll juz try to finish this one up with the most I can get and recover fast. Wish me luck.

Sean Connery,
I think he was mentioning about fit bone or iskd. But when I asked him about precise last time,  his feedback wasn't clear.

ItsMyLife,
I regret on how much money I had spent and pain and discomfort I had gone through without knowing I could have internals with other doctors. But then I could again relieve on not having had any complications or other hard situations coz I had done in that expansive but a reliable country.

YellowSpike,
80k including living expenses and pre training costs is not bad. I read through your experiences. Envy u that u didn't have to go through very hard times, well compared to me
me.
I m now 4+, reaching 5cms soon, worrying everyday of not reaching 7cms. I m going at 1mm a day so about next 30 days I would reach my goal and thinking of going a lil bit further if I could. IF I COULD. But now I m having a hard time keeping my Roms. =( Left knee can bend only 35 to 45 degrees and right around 60'. Pain every now and then from tissues and skin being cut through by pins or when I try to push my knee bending further. =(.
U are very lucky to be recovering quite well now. Juz keep it up and don't be lazy to try harder. =). Wishing u fastest recovery.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:06:21 AM by bluebarbie »

YellowSpike

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »

YellowSpike,
80k including living expenses and pre training costs is not bad. I read through your experiences. Envy u that u didn't have to go through very hard times, well compared to me
me.
I m now 4+, reaching 5cms soon, worrying everyday of not reaching 7cms. I m going at 1mm a day so about next 30 days I would reach my goal and thinking of going a lil bit further if I could. IF I COULD. But now I m having a hard time keeping my Roms. =( Left knee can bend only 35 to 45 degrees and right around 60'. Pain every now and then from tissues and skin being cut through by pins or when I try to push my knee bending further. =(.
U are very lucky to be recovering quite well now. Juz keep it up and don't be lazy to try harder. =). Wishing u fastest recovery.

Don't worry bluebarbie. LL is hard for all of us, no matter which method or doctor we choose. We all understand what you're going through is very hard. I have every confidence that you will reach your goal of 7cm! :)

And thanks, yes ,I know I have to step it up with the walking, I have been trying more and more every day!

bluebarbie

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »

hey bluebarbie , why did you do femurs and not tibias?

Sorry, juz found ur post. My tibias aldy seems slightly longer than my femurs. I would look very unpropotionate if I lenghten them. Plus, girls with long slender thighs, I find them beautiful.

bluebarbie

update : LATN Femurs - Dr Singh
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 05:34:33 AM »

Reaching 5cms. Duckass is getting worse. But when I try to fix it with standing, lying on my tummy or back kicking exercises, I feel sooooo much pain around my pin sites especially the ones near the knee. Pain is like fleshs are being torn underneath them.
Sleep is also getting more and more difficult. I have to put two pillows under my back when I sleep coz I cannot lay on my back flat. Only about 20 more days before lenghtening phase is over. I juz want these days to end.. :-[ :-[. I'll update more on 26th which I have to take xrays. Knee Rom still 40' - 45'on left side and 50' to 60' on the right. Dull aches in the whole right femur when I bend that knee.

Smallguy

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:39 AM »

You're very brave for sticking it to 7cm. 7cm is a significant gain and will change your perspective dramatically.

Can you bend your knees and are you closer to reaching your goal?

I advised another member previously. If it's too painful, it's okay to stop and take a break for a few days. And once the pain subside you can re-lengthen again. Also, increase mobility if you can like doing some brief exercises. Staying stagnant in one place will keep the pain. And you have just 20 or so more days, so you can be generous with those pain-killer and detox yourself every day now and after.

You can detox by taking in leafy greens vegetables and smoothie.... I know it's difficult. Good-luck and cheers.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »

What is your doc allowing you to take for pain relief? Do you take any sleeping pills to help for bed?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

bluebarbie

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 05:41:28 AM »

Hi, Smallguy and KiloKAHN
My knee bending is still the same as last cms, (around 45' -50')
Yes, I agree with u on painkillers. Yesterday I met my doctor, took xrays and I was put on more medication Muscol, tramadol, Nucoxia and Danzen for pain, muscle relaxation and inflammation. He put me on diazepam to help with my sleep. But I don't take it. Because the problem is I am always tired and sleepy and as soon as my head touches the pillow I juz fell asleep, yet pain kept waking me up. I m in pain, stressed and worried that I wouldn't reach my goal and I have a sense it's gonna get worse as it nears the end. I have also updated on my blog showing my xrays also. Thanks friss. I do appreciate ur advice.

KrP1

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

be strong , you can do it , the end of the lengthening is near.

Smallguy

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:32 PM »

Yeah, the enemy is pain. But like I said, while pain is temporary, height is real. Whatever you do now will have an effect on the rest of your life. Think about all the moments where you have been discriminated against in your life for your short stature. Maybe you were teased. Life would be so awesome if you are 7cm taller. Your dating pool widen, your job prospective gets bigger... and while you take your clients out on tour-guide (I read you have a tour guide business) you won't look so small to all the foreign customers.

The moment is now. If you can, split out your lengthening, doing a few quarter of a millimetres every few hours. Do some exercises and watch some movies to keep your mind off. If you can, maybe chat with a friend to kill time. Or if you want encouragement from me, you can always post on here. Goodluck!  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:42:45 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

bluebarbie

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 05:22:43 AM »

Hi KirPi and Smallguy,
Your motivations definitely made my day :).
Smallguy, I read through ur posts and found that u have went through alot, too. It's great that those times are over now. I m really happy for u and wished to be in ur place. I 'll get there on day too,right!

Smallguy

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 12:20:47 AM »

Yeah, you will also get there one day. Just know that these moments are your hardest and the grass is definitely greener on the other side.

Thanks. I've had quite a few exposures in life in the field of romance, hardship, betrayal, and ambition. Many events are undisclosed but I plan on writing a book about it and sell it to a movie studio one day. (just kidding)

Keep us update on your progress. Cheers.

alex

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 01:42:49 AM »

Hi bluebarbie

How many cm you did until now, and how about walking ? are you able to walk ?

bluebarbie

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2015, 04:29:38 AM »

Hi bluebarbie

How many cm you did until now, and how about walking ? are you able to walk ?

Now reaching 7cms in about a week.. I cannot walk. Mobility is very bad with ex femur lengthening.

Overdozer

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 04:35:40 AM »

Now reaching 7cms in about a week.. I cannot walk. Mobility is very bad with ex femur lengthening.
Are you allowed to walk though? Like, is the monorail device capable of weight bearing?

Stay strong!
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

bluebarbie

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 05:07:47 AM »

Are you allowed to walk though? Like, is the monorail device capable of weight bearing?

Stay strong!
I try standing and put about 30%of my body weight everyday to allow blood supply to my new callus.
I don't think monorails are very strong devices..My bones slowly get misaligned during the months. But I will have to put internal nail after finish lenghtening so.it's no problem for me.

alex

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »

Hope you will be well soon, so you were not able to walk from the first day after the operation ? or you started to lose ability to walk day by day with lengthening?

bluebarbie

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »

Hope you will be well soon, so you were not able to walk from the first day after the operation ? or you started to lose ability to walk day by day with lengthening?
I was abit mobile post op but it was also too painful whenever I make my movements. I slowly lost my mobility and pain.

bluebarbie

Nearing 7cms updates
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2015, 03:13:47 PM »

Took xrays today. Very close to getting 7cms. Had been feeling very great lately, which is the opposite of of I had expected. Pain and all the tightness had gone down to like 1/10. Sleep had been good, too. I take only Nucoxia and Muscol twice a day now, well including nutrition supplements like Calcium and vitamin D, of course. Knee ranges have gone down abit, left (35′ to 40′) and right (around 40′).

With LATN method there could be loss of gained length during the next internal nailing surgery. Because of that my doctor told me to gain 8cms in case to compensate for any loss during the surgery, which is going to be in next two months.
I

KrP1

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »

Nice to see that everything is getting better and you are close to your goal. Keep us updated.

alex

Re: Nearing 7cms updates
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »

Took xrays today. Very close to getting 7cms. Had been feeling very great lately, which is the opposite of of I had expected. Pain and all the tightness had gone down to like 1/10. Sleep had been good, too. I take only Nucoxia and Muscol twice a day now, well including nutrition supplements like Calcium and vitamin D, of course. Knee ranges have gone down abit, left (35′ to 40′) and right (around 40′).

With LATN method there could be loss of gained length during the next internal nailing surgery. Because of that my doctor told me to gain 8cms in case to compensate for any loss during the surgery, which is going to be in next two months.
I

You will remove the external in 2 months after stop lengthing ? I thought internal nailing surgery right away after stop lengthing.

crimsontide

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »

good luck

youve just started on the recovery process

expect a year or so to recover... but will get better

bluebarbie

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2015, 05:07:10 AM »

KirPi / Crimsontide / Alex
  Thanks, Yeh. I am quite relieved that the most difficult part, the hardest battle field is almost over. But I also I am getting really inpatient about having to stay with the frames longer. I don't know, my doctor said he wants to give my bones and muscles some time so that during the surgery they don't snap back and get compressed easily. He also said that there is a surgical technique to get the bones distracted while he puts the internal nail. I don't really quite understand too, why I have to stay in frames for two months if there is a technique to get them distracted during surgery.  :-[

maximize

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »

Bluebarbie, I find the misalignment of your femurs as well as the explanation your doctors have given you for how they plan to correct it (during nailing) somewhat disturbing.

The exact, precise, proper alignment of your femurs is very important to your hip, knee, and ankle health long term. Currently your alignment on the monorail is way out of wack. Dr. Singh has told you he will "fix this during nailing". But I cannot see how this is a good approach.

Your bones will start consolidating soon. Once they do, your ability to fix the deviation will decline. Furthermore, "roughly approximating" the realignment by manually shifting the knee during nailing is not likely to be precise enough to give you the correct alignment you need.

It's possible I am wrong on this, but we have seen many, many people get butchered by misalignments like this and never become able to walk properly again. If I was you, I would be safer than sorry.

The safest and most accurate way to correct your misalignment before consolidation occurs is probably going to be to have the monorail immediately removed and a external Ilizarov with Hexapod or Taylor frame attached. These devices will allow computer planned accurate realignment of the femurs within only a few days of wearing. Once the realignment is done, you can still get nailed into position, and continue with recovery as planned. The point is, with the Hexapod realignment, at least then you will be getting nailed into a correct alignment.

There are many doctors who offer this procedure. You could talk to KiloKahn about the doctor he's being treated by in India who is not too far away for you (Dr. Parihar). He seems affordable, has done a very good job with Kilo so far, and treats deformities via Hexapod regularly. Perhaps you can e-mail the doctor your current xrays and see what he thinks.

I would very strongly caution you about taking a "wait and see" approach. If that consolidation occurs, and you are not in a good alignment when it happens, you may never walk normally again or you will require multiple much more difficult surgeries to be able to. I think it would be much more affordable and beneficial for you to pay for the Hexapod realignment now than try to fix this once your legs are consolidating in a potentially crooked position.

For illustration purposes, this is what I'm trying to help you avoid:

It would probably not cost more than 10-20K to travel to India, get the Hexapod realignment, and go back home. For the money your parents have already paid, this would I'm sure be worth it to them to avoid having their daughter potentially crippled like the guy above was. 4 years of surgery later and he still can't function properly.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if it is safe to remove the monorails and attach Ilizarov while you have such extensive callus between the bone fragments. You wouldn't want to disrupt that callus and then end up with nonunion either. I would send the xrays to that Indian surgeon as well as perhaps the experts out there like Dr. Paley who can advise you further on the safest next course of action.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:23:42 PM by maximize »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up