Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 inches split  (Read 706 times)

growthPlz

4 inches split
« on: November 23, 2021, 05:42:21 AM »

If you were to do 2 inches femurs 2 inches tibias, what are the odds that looks bad on anyone? I mean it keeps good leg proportions and I doubt anyone would look terrible with it. Thoughts?

zaozari

Re: 4 inches split
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 06:31:47 AM »

I think proportions would be perfectly ok. It's a wise, saffer choice.

Personally, I would also consider maybe "only" 7 or 8 cm on tibias (NOT femurs  despite general impression). depending  on clinical and your individual proportions evaluation, to be even safer, simple  and cheaper. But in this case with externals more or less classical llizarov and a proven experienced doctor. If you have to stop before 7 cm or if it's not enough for you then would do also femurs.

Remember allways to balance height gain, safety and avoiding loss of functionality.

Highest

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 09:18:50 AM »

Hey OP sent you a DM if you don't want to share in thread, what is your sitting height? Judging by your earlier thread the 4 and 4 mockup you had looked best.

growthPlz

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 03:23:01 AM »

I agree the 4 and 4 cm split looked the best. I would probably want to push it to 5 and 5 if I can handle it, because I doubt that extra 2cm split up would make it look any worse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up