Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoe lifts  (Read 8917 times)

longerlegzzz1980

• Visitor
Shoe lifts
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »

Has anyone done any experiments to see if they are treated any differently when wearing shoe lifts or elevator shoes vs without?  For example, ever gone out to a bar or coffee shop with lifts and see if it makes a difference with getting a date or respect you get from people? 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Shoe lifts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

Absolutely, the lifts work just as well as LL when you're wearing them.  The problem is you only get the benefits while wearing uncomfortable shoes.

LLL

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »

Absolutely, the lifts work just as well as LL when you're wearing them.  The problem is you only get the benefits while wearing uncomfortable shoes.

Could you elaborate on how you've experienced this difference? Any examples from common situations?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »

The few times I've worn lifts I was so focused on how uncomfortable they were that I couldn't notice if there was a change in how people perceived me. I've tried a few different kinds of lifts and I end up with bad pain in my calves at the end of the day, so I'm not a fan.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »

Could you elaborate on how you've experienced this difference? Any examples from common situations?

I just had the general feeling that people looked at me differently and had a better overall opinion of me.  It's hard to give specific examples since it's such a general, overall impression.  And like Kilokahn, I didn't wear them much due to the pain.

I must've spent over a thousand dollars trying out different brands hoping to find something wearable.  Flat platform boots from Demonia were the only acceptable ones in terms of comfort, but they look funny unless you're dressed as a full-blown goth or punk, and anyone can see you're taller than you should be if they just look down at your feet.

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:06:51 AM »

Bought them last year and more girls noticed me. I remember having girls tell me that I've grown, etc. I hated the discomfort and the way I walked, plus the limit of shoe styles I could wear. You couldn't really wear them with lo top shoes. I worn them for a good 6 months then ditched them. I still have 2 pairs and I'm planning on throwing them out.

Moubgf

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »

Yes, you fit in. It is a wonderful feeling. Very addictive.

ewt

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »

yeah, i got stares from people when i'm wearing them, when i'm barefoot people doesn't even notice i'm in the room

thetallerman

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »

Let's just say getting laid is a bit easier...   ???
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

It doesn't change that much. It mostly changes how you feel inside which ultimately changes the way everyone sees you. Confidence is much bigger than any height gain))))
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

thetallerman

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

It doesn't change that much. It mostly changes how you feel inside which ultimately changes the way everyone sees you. Confidence is much bigger than any height gain))))

I don't know man, when I'm wearing lifts that get me to a legitmate 5'10+ vs my 5'7, I actually get women making eye contact without me even trying, people listen to what I have to say, etc. Confidence yeah it helps, but going from below average or short to average/average+ makes a HUGE difference, though we can be free to disagree on that.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »

I don't know man, when I'm wearing lifts that get me to a legitmate 5'10+ vs my 5'7, I actually get women making eye contact without me even trying, people listen to what I have to say, etc. Confidence yeah it helps, but going from below average or short to average/average+ makes a HUGE difference, though we can be free to disagree on that.

I'm more inclined to agree with this.  I think subliminally, a lot of people cannot help but listen to what the taller guy has to say, respect, find attractive, etc.  While the confidence definitely plays a role no matter your height, when talking with people you want to respect you, it's easier to get that from others at a taller height.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »

maybe yes, you might be right, agree to disagree))
at the end of the day Im just making a pure speculation without real facts on this one=)

I think it would really help thou if you are 5'7, you have a ripped body and a handsome face, then if you lift your self to 5'10 i guess it would make i big difference)) But if you are just an average dude who goes from 5'7 to 5'10 i dont know man but i'm guessing it doesnt make that much of a different.
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

thetallerman

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »

maybe yes, you might be right, agree to disagree))
at the end of the day Im just making a pure speculation without real facts on this one=)

I think it would really help thou if you are 5'7, you have a ripped body and a handsome face, then if you lift your self to 5'10 i guess it would make i big difference)) But if you are just an average dude who goes from 5'7 to 5'10 i dont know man but i'm guessing it doesnt make that much of a different.

Yeah that's the other CRUCIAL thing once you have height is looks. But even average guys can look great if they style their hair, dress well, and make sure their skin is clear/clean and nails are trim. It's amazing how many guys just don't put much effort into their style; it goes a long ways with the ladies.

Btw congrats on getting to 5'8 from a little over 5'4, how amazing that must feel!! :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:58:27 PM by thetallerman »

ewt

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »

btw how tall is your secret shoes? i got some devices that can be put to any shoes, it's stack-able like Lego but made of silicon so it's soft and bearable to stand into for long hours, i usually goes for 3 or 4 cm, how about you guys?
Pages: [1]   Go Up