Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you get limb lengthening if you have HIV?  (Read 6628 times)

Sean Connery

• Newbi
Can you get limb lengthening if you have HIV?
« on: March 16, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »

Do you think any doctors accept HIV patients for limb lengthening?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Can you get limb lengthening if you have HIV?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »

I think most will accept HIV patients if they have a condition that really needs treated. I don't know if all doctors will do it for an HIV patient that wants it done cosmetically though.

But if you have HIV, are you really going to be that concerned about being taller?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Freewill

• "You can do anything you set your mind to man"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »

But if you have HIV, are you really going to be that concerned about being taller?

Bullseye. seriously, who gonna think of being Taller while having HIV instead of getting rid of this malicious disease.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 08:53:55 AM »

You guys are generalizing. While it may suck, people with HIV manage to have normal lives. Now, imagine being SHORT with HIV, not possible, not a normal life. LL should be indeed a path for some of those pals with AIDS and HIV.
5'1", 100 lbs

w1988

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »

Maybe, but could you tell us which doc you're planning to go to so we can drop dime on you.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »

In Beijing they test you for HIV and they will reject you if you have it.

w1988

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

Actually maybe that birkholtz doc in South Africa or Dr. M in Hollywood would be okay with the hiv ;)
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure Apo has it from all the times he's been suk Dr.Betz.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »

:o Oh snap!!!  :o

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »

Most doctors test you for HIV and they would reject you if you had it.

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 10:54:17 PM »

Bwhahaha!!!

But I'm sure he had it before meeting Betz.

I mean just look at the guy. He definitely has taken it in the ass a few times! :D

DoctorGirl

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »

In plastics, we make the patients pay extra for the extra precautions the operating surgeon and supporting OR staff have to take, such as a face shield. I am not sure about bone surgery.

But what I am concerned about from an internist point of view would be immunologic compromise. HIV patients at late-stages are very susceptible to infection. Even antibiotics can't do much. And if we are talking internal nails, we are talking life (amputation) or death - osteomyelitis.
No longer doing femur operation due to high risks. Here to educate.

w1988

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »

But what I am concerned about from an internist point of view would be immunologic compromise. HIV patients at late-stages are very susceptible to infection. Even antibiotics can't do much. And if we are talking internal nails, we are talking life (amputation) or death - osteomyelitis.

OP this poster answered the question and she's proved why HIV and CLL don't mix.

Lost2875

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 01:40:33 AM »

You guys are generalizing. While it may suck, people with HIV manage to have normal lives. Now, imagine being SHORT with HIV, not possible, not a normal life. LL should be indeed a path for some of those pals with AIDS and HIV.

Yeah, it's likely worse than you could even imagine. I was born with the condition (HIV) , & I'm really desperate right now, I'm about to turn 26, & the stigma I carry is really unbearable. First 10+ years I was on a 13 pill a day regime. I was made aware of my condition at the age of 12, & have struggled with PTSD & other corresponding mental health issues since my life's been on a downward spiral. My parents were never apart of my life, mom passed away before I ever met her, & father was an alcoholic who also left at around the age of 12 as well. My extended family has always been dysfunctional, & have only made things worse for me honestly. I've been the same height I've been since elementary school, 5'4" about. Between genetics, the massive amount of medications & stress from such an early age, could be a combination of factors that contributed to my short height. My social life now is nonexistent, I literally leave my house 1-2x a week, usually for appointments, I talk to a couple people who I've met online, that's about the extent of my social life, I don't even have a drivers license yet at this stage. I want a new life, or a least a shot @ one. I'm not stupid, or slow, or anything like that... I'm just chronically & deeply depressed, & stigmatized. I know this post may seem a bit random, but I literally have no one in my life. Even making this post, putting myself out there this much, on a forum, where no one knows me, is still quite uncomfortable, & scary. I'm considering creating a crowdfunding campaign, would anybody here help me spread the word on social media & such if/when I do? I'm not seeking a pity party, & I'm not the one to ask for help normally, but this situation has only gotten harder to cope with as time has passed. I've spoken to a limb lengthening doctor based in the Dominican Republic(Dr.Cesar Coradin), who has explained to me that as long I'm undetectable(which I have been for over 10 years now) & otherwise healthy, he'd be willing to perform the LL procedure, he told me that it would run about 14k per leg. I'm thinking about trying to raise 50k through Crowdfunding, to cover this, & also facial fillers to treat lipodystrophy which I'm also dealing with as well, which run about 8-10k, along with the doctor fees. Again this may seem random, but I just don't know where else to turn to, & you guys in part (height) can maybe understand where I'm coming from. Sorry if any part of this came off a bit rambly, or didn't make clear sense, not sure how worthy my cause is, hoping to get some feedback from you guys, I just really want to see if I can get something going before the years end (turn 26 in December).

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 05:43:48 AM »

Yeah, it's likely worse than you could even imagine. I was born with the condition (HIV) , & I'm really desperate right now, I'm about to turn 26, & the stigma I carry is really unbearable. First 10+ years I was on a 13 pill a day regime. I was made aware of my condition at the age of 12, & have struggled with PTSD & other corresponding mental health issues since my life's been on a downward spiral. My parents were never apart of my life, mom passed away before I ever met her, & father was an alcoholic who also left at around the age of 12 as well. My extended family has always been dysfunctional, & have only made things worse for me honestly. I've been the same height I've been since elementary school, 5'4" about. Between genetics, the massive amount of medications & stress from such an early age, could be a combination of factors that contributed to my short height. My social life now is nonexistent, I literally leave my house 1-2x a week, usually for appointments, I talk to a couple people who I've met online, that's about the extent of my social life, I don't even have a drivers license yet at this stage. I want a new life, or a least a shot @ one. I'm not stupid, or slow, or anything like that... I'm just chronically & deeply depressed, & stigmatized. I know this post may seem a bit random, but I literally have no one in my life. Even making this post, putting myself out there this much, on a forum, where no one knows me, is still quite uncomfortable, & scary. I'm considering creating a crowdfunding campaign, would anybody here help me spread the word on social media & such if/when I do? I'm not seeking a pity party, & I'm not the one to ask for help normally, but this situation has only gotten harder to cope with as time has passed. I've spoken to a limb lengthening doctor based in the Dominican Republic(Dr.Cesar Coradin), who has explained to me that as long I'm undetectable(which I have been for over 10 years now) & otherwise healthy, he'd be willing to perform the LL procedure, he told me that it would run about 14k per leg. I'm thinking about trying to raise 50k through Crowdfunding, to cover this, & also facial fillers to treat lipodystrophy which I'm also dealing with as well, which run about 8-10k, along with the doctor fees. Again this may seem random, but I just don't know where else to turn to, & you guys in part (height) can maybe understand where I'm coming from. Sorry if any part of this came off a bit rambly, or didn't make clear sense, not sure how worthy my cause is, hoping to get some feedback from you guys, I just really want to see if I can get something going before the years end (turn 26 in December).

You can get much cheaper doctors in russia which will charge 10-15k total.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »

You Will be rejected with this HIV, maybe you can get one doc but is difficult.
Budget will determine my future.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »

Not all doctors will reject you. Dr Parihar operates on HIV patients for example. They take extra precautions when operating on those who are HIV+
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »

I Hope he can get one.
Budget will determine my future.

Lost2875

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »

You can get much cheaper doctors in russia which will charge 10-15k total.

I'm really desperate for the procedure, I'm pretty sure with a small loan, and some money I already have I can get upwards of 10k within the next month. I'd be okay with just getting my femurs done, an additional 3 inches, putting me at 5'7"/8" I'd be really happy with that. Do you guys know of any particular, reputable doctors I can contact? I'm so depressed, & the closer it gets to my birthday, the more desperate I feel. I don't mean to come off needy, I just don't have any other place to turn to or support, hoping to get some collective input.

Lost2875

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

Not all doctors will reject you. Dr Parihar operates on HIV patients for example. They take extra precautions when operating on those who are HIV+

just looked Dr. Parihar up, & shot an email his way, trying to find out the costs for just femurs, hopefully, I'll have a response soon... thank you for the input.

Chris

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »

I'm really desperate for the procedure, I'm pretty sure with a small loan, and some money I already have I can get upwards of 10k within the next month. I'd be okay with just getting my femurs done, an additional 3 inches, putting me at 5'7"/8" I'd be really happy with that. Do you guys know of any particular, reputable doctors I can contact? I'm so depressed, & the closer it gets to my birthday, the more desperate I feel. I don't mean to come off needy, I just don't have any other place to turn to or support, hoping to get some collective input.

Don't take a loan to only have enough money for one surgery! No matter how desperate you are.
You have to be able to pay twice for everything in case that you will run into complications.
I didn't listen, then I run into complications and without the financial support from my family, I would be messed up now.
You said you have no one to turn to, so don't risk it.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Lost2875

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »

Don't take a loan to only have enough money for one surgery! No matter how desperate you are.
You have to be able to pay twice for everything in case that you will run into complications.
I didn't listen, then I run into complications and without the financial support from my family, I would be messed up now.
You said you have no one to turn to, so don't risk it.

I might be able to scrape together double the surgery amount, depending on the actual final amount. I keep seeing the 10-12k amount total for a lot of the international LL doctors, & I'm also only looking to have the femurs done. How long ago did you have yours done if you don't mind me asking, & costs, & location?

Chris

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »

I might be able to scrape together double the surgery amount, depending on the actual final amount. I keep seeing the 10-12k amount total for a lot of the international LL doctors, & I'm also only looking to have the femurs done. How long ago did you have yours done if you don't mind me asking, & costs, & location?

The hospital bill was very close to 7.000 EUR for monorail LON incl. 10 days of hospital stay in a single deluxe room. The date is in my signature.
I went to the renowned ISIC in India, hoping for a new life after one failed suicide attempt and they messed up my legs.
It wasn't bad luck, if you go there they will mess you up, too. They are incompetent and they will let their junior doctors exercise on you without your consent.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 01:35:50 AM »

I know a surgeon that doesnt do LL but accepts patients with HIV. And the surgeon does a procedure that does require the patients blood to be on their gloves inevitably. HIV can only be transferred to the doctor if the doctor has a wound which would be highly unlikely during surgery so im sure theres a LL doctor that is fine with it.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »

Bullseye. seriously, who gonna think of being Taller while having HIV instead of getting rid of this malicious disease.

You can't get rid of HIV.

antitroll

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »

26... no driver's license....leave the house twice a week..... i'm curious, what do you do for money?

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »

26... no driver's license....leave the house twice a week..... i'm curious, what do you do for money?

smooch on the internet for money
Pages: [1]   Go Up