Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)  (Read 101742 times)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:54:24 AM »

Will be posting here with more regularity in the future.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

BilateralDamage

Re: LON with the boys at Dr Sringari--India (Complete)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:34:12 AM »

It's funny- I'm reading your posts on old forum  right now and Apo/SysOp is probably itching to edit or remove your posts because he doesn't want people to know the truth about the  ty doctor he was pushing.

Watch him not intervene at all because he is profiting from the poor souls that fell into his Sringari trap.

Also, I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the situation you're in.  I think choosing any Indian doctor right now is a fateful mistake.  Keep us updated.

Russianblues

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »

I don't really go on old forum  anymore but I checked your diary and agree with everything you said ofcourse.

Would like to add that we were promised 8mb/s connection when we signed up yet this connection ran out after 10 days into the cycle so we've been on the absolute  tiest connection for 20 days sometimes unable to even load google or e-mail.

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »

That's because someone is hogging the bandwidth, it would be awesome if we can get one those modem that reveals the individual usage rate. I'm going mental over the connection too. Arghhh. How's ur knee and ankle? Did u experience the same issue as me? or did urs loosen up?

Russianblues

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

Yea I know. I asked Sunny if we can get individual connections for each of our rooms so we can monitor each rooms usage but he said it's too expensive. I then asked if he can increase the bandwidth which would cost $100 for all 8 of us and he said it's too expensive.

My ankle's loosened up after removal although definitely not perfect. Knees are fked.

Russianblues

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

Also, regardless of whether some are using copious amounts of data, that's superfluous. When we signed up we were told we would be provided with a solid connection.

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »

Yea man, let's all request for unlimited. Cheaper for them in the long run anyway. Are u able to bend ur ankle 90 degree? My left is around 70 degree but my right is very close. I think it's unlikely I can walk by jan but I'm happy that I can do full weight bearing.
Ashoka, that stuff u gave me last night tasted vile, oh god.

Polycrates.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »

This pin site infection is really getting to me. That coupled with Harry's blatant lying is wearing me thin. I'm going to let a few days pass before I post something excessive.
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 09:52:42 PM »

I cant believe it. This is dr.sarin mk 2.

These innocent people are being used as experiment rabbits by novice indian doctors.
Peopel cant bend their toes? Where have I read that before, oh Dr Sarin.. right.

Up untill now I have just lurked and read, I have really stayed out of this SysOp/APO feud, but someone should sue the fk out of him for leading people into such traps like Srigari and Sarin for economic profit.

or just ddos the fk out of old forum .

This cant carry on. No matter how much valuable information is on it, its not worth ruining peoples life for. Sysop/Apo has to be exposed and stopped now!
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Doflamingo

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »

Sarin is less caring but more experienced than Sringari.
You shouldn't rely on anyone in India.
I'll do physio alone when it's my turn to do LL.

LLL

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 01:27:27 AM »

This cant carry on. No matter how much valuable information is on it

A downloadable copy of the entire site is already out. Unless there will be posted something super valuable in the future that's not been posted already, no one will miss out on much if old forum  disappeared.

Russianblues

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 07:47:46 AM »

I think Sringari is a decent man. However, I've come to realize that LL is a miniscule part of his work. Having been to the hospital for surgery 3 times he's usually in the OT all day then squeezes us in between his busy schedule. Then he visits every fortnight or so for an hour. For a man that works 10+ hours a day we are really insignificant too him.

Polycrates.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »

Let's see if they can implement the changes we've asked for.

Doflamingo

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 10:13:11 PM »

Any new bro?

Polycrates.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

I was promised a visit from the good doctor on the eve of christmas but it never came to fruition. Was told he was in the OT, aka his home. Was told the good doctor would arrive at 8am this morning, but that also never transpired.

The nurse came to clean my bad pin and I can see the skin cutting now. It's very deep, but the thing that concerns me is the angle at which it is cutting. Its not straight up and down, not even close. It cuts from the left to the right at a 45 degree angle. Anybody ever see something like this before? I can be certain that it's cutting muscle at this angle too. No wonder it's so inflamed. I'm pretty sure the frame wasn't screwed together correctly. There is no support rod on that side and I can easily bend the first two rings closer together on that side...

I'll post a pic of it when I can.

Russianblues

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »

My pin cuts were horizontal as well. Idk why

Polycrates.

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »

It is my intent to be more candid on this forum, as I'm away from the prying eyes and searing beams of the censors at work on old forums. Trust me, if something horrible happens here, I'll be posting it.

The doctor has not been negligent, so please guys, don't jump to conclusions that my life is at risk here. The issues pertain mostly to the function, or lack thereof, of the guesthouse. It's amazing what having internet for one night can do for perspective. Instead of focusing on my pain, I'm merrily browsing to my heart's content. If the internet can stay and the food continues to improve (a few meals have definitely been improved) then it will become a much more pleasant experience. At least, they seem to be reacting to our complaints.

The doctor did end up showing tonight. He has had me on a new antibiotic now for a few days and said the swelling and pain will subside by Saturday, his next planned visit. I can attest to the diminishment of the pain. It's definitely improved but far from okay. I still cant bend the knee or lift the leg due to it, and it's hampering my physio. He said I can get a pin change if it doesn't get better.

On my last x-ray I noticed a slight misalignment of the right tibia from a lateral view. I asked the doctor about this and he confirmed this for me. I asked if it'll correct itself and he said no.... And that he doesn't make corrections at nail locking either. He was adamant that with LON any slight deviation is acceptable as long as the bone conforms to the nail. I'll get a scan of the xray and post it here for you to take a look.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:03:05 PM by Ashoka1 »

Polycrates.

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »

And a note on Indian etiquette and correspondence: if you ever happen to venture to this land of the world's finest, you should come knowing full well, as confirmed by my caretaker, that every time you are told to show up somewhere at a certain time and date you must automatically add one day to the date and 6 hours to the time and then make your arrival. To spice things up and keep people on their toes, you are allowed to modify this date and time up to five times, without telling the person you've done so (that'd ruin the magic), suitable to your taste of mystery and suspense.

The world's greatest superpower certainly harbours the world's most enigmatic populace. I reckon that the suspense and uncertainty involved in all matters here is conducive to improving the intellectual prowess and fecundity of the minds of the world's finest. You never know what to expect.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:58:53 PM by Ashoka1 »

Polycrates.

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »

That post was in reference to the internet tech, who still hasn't showed.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 02:05:53 AM »

Glad you're feeling better both physically and mentally now.  :)

On my last x-ray I noticed a slight misalignment of the right tibia from a lateral view. I asked the doctor about this and he confirmed this for me. I asked if it'll correct itself and he said no.... And that he doesn't make corrections at nail locking either. He was adamant that with LON any slight deviation is acceptable as long as the bone conforms to the nail. I'll get a scan of the xray and post it here for you to take a look.

I'm not sure what to make of this, honestly.  It won't correct itself (obviously) and he won't correct it during your 2nd surgery (WTF?), but there was no mention of correcting it by doing an uneven number of turns, which is how they corrected small deviations in Beijing.  Is that his plan?

Everyone in Beijing became an amateur radiologist/orthopedic surgeon reading each others' x-rays whenever they got them done.  Whatever the opinion of someone with 5 months' experience is worth, I'll give that to you as soon as you post it.

Polycrates.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »

I know. It really surprised and worried me too. I was expecting some sort of correction to be performed by him. He is the doc after all.

Polycrates.

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

There was no deviation in my anterior xray from the first time. The deviation is seen in the lateral view. Sringari said that the way it will heal is a normal occurrence in some people. He was even audacious enough to say that he himself has bone spurs.

And to answer your question, no. There has never been a patient here told to turn one rod more than another and there has never been a definitive measure of the legs before frame removal. I am really worried about developing a length discrepancy becomes it seems that everyone is always a mm or two behind one leg, but when they take your final xray they're magically measured to be equal. I'm not religious by any stretch, but I have consigned myself to praying every night that I can just get out of here and walk again. I don't really think about the height right now. I don't want to spend my twenties having to pay for this decision, but it's the position I placed myself in.

Russianblues

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »

The only line of defense stopping any of us from leaving with a discrepancy is a $4 shrunken x-ray done by random faceless "technicians". I'm thankful I've got this far with my only complication being debilitating knee pain that hasn't subsided in 3 months.

Polycrates.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »

Appreciate the reassurance, bud. We're both in the thick of it, so of course we have all the right to worry over these things. The doctor becomes less and less reassuring with responses I would never have imagined coming out of his mouth. Hopefully we both come out fine. If not, I pray we can get assistance in our homelands for whatever corrections we may ultimately need. The fact that life as I knew it can be over forever is discomforting, lol. Now I need to get back to praying.

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »

i know this feeling very well when my left tibia deviated from the Alignment at 7cm i guess , I went into some kind of depression that i will be crippled for life and stuff  but you need to be strong and decisive right now .
my foot turned inward and i was really scared , i consulted a real LL doctor in Delhi since Dr Sarin was not even looking at my complication , and the other doctor advised me not to do that (turn one rod more than another) since there was internal nail inside the bone which could break the pin or some other stuff can happen .
but after so many complaints about my issue to Dr Sarin , he finally said he will take care of it during frame removal in one sentence.
and at the time of removal he did exactly the same which the other doctor advised me not to , and i felt slightly pain on my upper left tibia at that moment . he did it before giving me general anesthesia WTF which means i was watching everything.
by looking at the latest x-ray i still feel that my left tibia is slightly deviated , may be i will have to do correction after recovery.

this is about another patient from Australia who's tibia was straight but deviated from lateral view , he complained alot to Dr Sarin and atlast Dr Sarin exchanged the rods with other rods (2 small rods attached with some screws that could bend 360%) i do not know how to explain it . Atlast his tibia was straight i guess , i can't recall the procedure but he was happy .

I can't really comment or give any advise cause i don't have any knowledge about these things .
But i thought sharing my experience could help you a little..!!

remember my condition and that Australian guy's condition were different .
my condition is like no.2 in the pic and his was number 1 in the pic
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 06:19:57 PM by Machine »

Polycrates.

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »

Good news to hear that turning at an accelerated rate on one rod has been advised against by a doctor you believe to be reputable. Mine is just like the Aussie guys in no 1. Looks straight in transverse, but offset almost halfway in the lateral view. Did he say whether or not it is a serious issue? I was completely under the assumption that Sringari would look at that xray and immediately suggest some course of action. I'm not going to lie, I was completely astounded when he nonchalantly said he is going to leave it be and that I might also feel a bump when I run in the future. He then told me of his own bone spurs. I'm still stymied by that whole occurrence.

Machine, I know you're an Indian, bro. Do you live near Gurgaon. If so, you should drop by the guest house. It'd be sweet to meet in person. Let me know if you can. I'll pm the address.

Polycrates.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »

Also, I turned 2.3 cm before my last xray but Harry said the legs were only 1.5 cm. the doctor said this cant be because the pins aren't bent. So I have no idea where the fk I am right now in lengthening....

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

Also, I turned 2.3 cm before my last xray but Harry said the legs were only 1.5 cm. the doctor said this cant be because the pins aren't bent. So I have no idea where the f**k I am right now in lengthening....

That was common in Beijing too.  What people "turned" always got more and more inaccurate until they stopped bothering to keep track about 2 months into it.  Trust the doctor's x-ray measurements.

Polycrates.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 11:46:13 PM »

My left toe is still in a state of despair. With all the pains going on in my right leg, I seem to have forgotten or at least neglected its plight. The doctor doesn't even bother to ask about it anymore. I guess he hopes i stop asking at this point.

I asked our new physio about it and he says he saw the same thing in 5 Sarin patients. He said that its mobility came back for them after frame removal. So, i guess that's all I can hope for now. It'll suck if I have a paralyzed toe for life.

Been doing some anatomy research. I think one of the pins penetrated and caught the ligament that controls the movement of the big toe. That's the only thing i can see it being. Something is obviously restricting its movement. Ie. the extensor hallucis longus tendon. Now i'm worried if distracting while this ligament is caught will damage it or ruin its function.

Polycrates.

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 11:51:23 PM »

Looking at the foot alone, it looks like any pin's insertion could spell catastrophe for the leg. I really want to know what's debilitating my toe.

Smallguy

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »

I asked our new physio about it and he says he saw the same thing in 5 Sarin patients. He said that its mobility came back for them after frame removal. So, i guess that's all I can hope for now. It'll suck if I have a paralyzed toe for life.

Is your physio Harry? It's nice of him to offer you some comforting words.

Sorry to hear about your plight. I guess some of us have been through the same period. But somehow, everything works out in the end. I planned to take 3 months off of work for this procedure in early 2013 but ended up staying there for 6 months. Luckily, when I came back, my company tried to hire 5 people but no one could do my job. So I got my job back. Beside reaching 8cm in the end, that was the only good thing that happened to me in 2013.

I didn't follow your story. How much cm do you have now? And how long have you stayed there?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:37:59 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up