Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral Lengthening Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian journey begin June 27 2019  (Read 1912 times)

gustavklimt

• Visitor

Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian

I type the whole diary just today spend around 4.5 hours so its as detail as it should.

I always thought I am 175 centimeters. Because I measured 174 cm at one point in high school, and I seems taller who ever claim they are 174 cm or less. Height
Height isn't a big deal during high school. But when I was in college and after that. Persona and Presence of the Height became crucial. Many people said Asian country people are short. But I was on the short side in my class. In my grade, only 2~3 guys are shorter than me (around 27 guys) when I was in high school two was approximately 1 cm more concise, and another was 5cm shorter. The rest of the males were either the same height as me or taller.

Motivation doing the surgery
Some of the girls will say I am slightly short even though they are apparent below average around 162cm
Many girls in Taiwan is around 168cm.
When I was in high school one girl in my class is 178 cm, and one girl in my school is taller than 190cm
I went to my sister's friends table. (in the club) Every male was just much taller than me and so attractive. A lot of girls is close to my height and gave me a lot of pressure.

About me
Asian 173.8cm measured on 6/21/2019
Age almost 28
wingspam 182cm
Goal femur +4.6cm      <-distracthion phase now!              Dr.Mahboubian said I should do 6.5 (i care about proportion)
       tibia+3.8cm          <-hope doing 2020 summer

I didn't start the diary because I didn't look up much until recently. I didn't do too much homework before the surgery. One thing I know its I need to do the surgery ASAP — the early the better.

I scheduled a consultation and surgery together. Why did I do that? Because I know I will do the operation no matter what and I wasn't in the US at that point. Secondly, I am in a tight time. I need to leave the country for school in September.

Around June 10, I finally let my sister know I'm doing to surgery. She was quite against it. However, she did help me for a few days.

June 21, 2019
Consultation Date.
I don't know how I can put words together. But it was slightly horrified at the beginning. I had paid 10 k through the phone at the end of May the secure the surgery through Clara who talks to me through email and telephone. That day she was on vacation. The fat girl in the counter said I need to pay the surgery fee. That didn't deduct from the 10 k I paid. WTF is going on. She said the 10 k was the consultation fee w/e I discuss on the phone or email. I said, give Clara a call. And the fat ass just wouldn't. She was she write I need to pay for XXXXX.
So we argued. The first thing that comes to my mind are you fing serious? I flew here to start dealing with a lawsuit. I did not want that!  I'm just a patient want the surgery done. Who the fuking hell charge people 10 k for consultation through phone? And I didn't even consult anything. I haven't even talked to the doctor yet but only an assistant.
I almost kneel to her just wanting her to give Clara a call or talk to Dr. Mahboubian
Finally, she did. But that take her long. She has a serious attitude.
However, everything resolved, and I even thank her for asking the doctor about this. I think I'm just nice I don't want to makes further conflict. But its someone else I bet people will curse for sure.

I took the X-ray measuring my height. I was surprised I'm only 173.8cm. I'm definitely below the stander of women
The consultation went well with Dr. Mahboubian. He is courteous and friendly. He said I couldn't do the tibia because of my ankle injury. First, the bone hasn't fully recovered, and the metal and nail were still there.

June 27, 2019
Very Exciting and happy in the morning. I know the patient next to me through the curtain was nervous and so. But not the case for me.
The surgery went well after the surgery. Dr. Mahboubian came to see me. Its life-changing experience. I told him he is the god. I was thrilled I made a choice. I think I have a lot of morphine. My first PT I'm able to stand up. Sharp pain here and there. But I went back to bed right away. I'm just too sleepy.
The nurse is pretty and nice
The left leg was much weaker. Sharp pain from nowhere when trying to move.
June 28

The meal there was great. I keep on sleeping. PT of the day. Walk only four steps and felt like fainting away. I am too sleepy. They were starting to lower the pain killer, which I forgot if its morphine or not. So I'm taking less and less. This night I couldn't sleep lol. Because I slept too much earlier. (i start feeling sleeping after 2 min of phone use or after a few bites of a meal)
Nurse is young and pretty and nice

June 29

I'm super nervous. I'm having a hard time going to the toilet. And discharging tomorrow which it's just too quick for me. The first two days I was just too sleepy for doing PT. It's the 3rd day, and I'm able to walk to the door. That's only seven steps.
That day I went to the toilet a lot. I can't use the urine container. I wish I can. I hold it for 30 min just nothing would come out. The only way helps me pee to going to the toilet and relax. Walking is hard, and I kind of regret doing the surgery. It was not because of the pain. I was because I was having a hard time doing basic tasks. My sister will be leaving soon. What should I do after that? It's just going to do stuff by myself.
Nurse of that night are Korean are nice.
June 30

June 30
Huge improvement
I walk to the PT room. Distance: around 6~7 rooms
Train walking on the stair
The nurse is old and rude (maybe just very impatient), she wonders why I did the surgery, and she thinks I'm too slow.

I want to stay another night I still have a hard time. How can I change going to the toilet etc?

My sister and her friend pick me up around 6 pm.

June 31
I'm using the combination of walker and wheelchair. It's painful when im trying to get up from sitting position to standing.

July 2
Going back to the office grab my ERC
Dr. Mahboubian said I'm going to starting the lengthening on Friday.

My sister walks me around with a wheelchair. I was horrible. Siting for a while, you felt discomfort.
My sister is leaving that day, and I don't know what to do. How can I take care of myself?

July 3
I was taking the mega bus back to San Francisco. It's an 8-hour ride. I need to hand to get up and down the stair.

July 4 ~ 9
Staying at my apartment in SF (no stair)
Ordering Uber eat every day
The first few days I pee in the bottle it's hard to get up the chair
Leg elevation pillow is useless don't buy it
I started to regret why I bought the wheelchair it's pointless now. Occupied space from my place.
Didn't do any PT
My muscle became stiffer harder.
I thought I'm able to do work during my recovery, but no. I end up postponing my online class. My Teacher was generous about it
Eating 1 meal a day
Short sleep daily
July 10
My muscles are at the point which gives me a lot of sore paint. I went to my first PT after hospital. Why until now? Because it's costly for me to afford PT. Cost me 200 Feeling extremely good after it.

July 11~12
I end up doing another one feeling much better each day. I'm addicted to doing it every day seriously. I stop taking Norco for a few days. I can tolerate the pain now.

Side Note
My thighs are still stiff, getting better each day. Left leg felt only silentlylylyyylili better each day. I was worried, even called the office.
My sleep was short can't sleep for more than 4 hours. 

Around June 14
My legs started hurting the sore pain cant let me sleep. I sleep around 1:30 am and wake up around 5:00
I need pain killer before sleep and when I get up.
I used to take half or so. But now I'm back to one pain killer every 4 hours.
Dr. Mahboubian did say before trying to take lesser. But too bad. I can't do anything with the pain. Pain, Level 4.

June 16
I'm out of Norco. I didn't contently take it I'm not sure why I don't have enough…. I only had 40 pills, so after I do the math. So I guess that's the problem. I'm only able to take less than 2 per day. I called the office to ask for more pain killer or norko. But they said I have to get the prescription in person for Norco. But I'm not in LA yet. I said I need it even though it's close to my visit. Which is in 2 days. They said to give them the number of my pharmacy, and they will contact see what else they can do. You know what. They didn't call they didn't contact me for prescription anything. (I felt like nurses or whoever they don't care about their patient) I have awful days and inadequate sleep these two days.

June 18
I took the flight to LA yeah!! Not the bus this time. Last time Dr. Mahboubian

Wouldn't let me take the Plane because he said it's dangerous might occur blood cloth. But been weeks. I'm able to avoid suffering from the long ride.
I did PT there(in the office). I was great. I didn't bring my ERC to LA since I'm only staying for a night. I'm going to miss four sessions, which is (1.3mm). The PT's the best I had so far. Ice it, Warm it, etc. He deals with these patients, so the physician is more experience with patients like me.
I measure my height there. I only gain 0.7mm?? I should bee 1.6mm include the first 0.1mm Dr. lengthening at the hospital. I'm somewhat sad
Picking up my prescription as well

The therapist did say I'm ahead of the game in term range of motion

That night I'm able to walk without walker like a penguin. That felt phenomenal!!!!!

June 19

My legs feel much better nerve pain 1/10
Seeing Dr. Mahboubian
I had my X-Ray he said it's doing great but maybe need to slow down. And take double the pills of calcium and VitaminD. My bone is healing slowly as far as I know L
I said I'm going to miss 4 sessions because I didn't bring the machine to LA. Then he told nvm. Don't need to slow down.
(I think I need to slow down) My ankle wasnt recover my another physician did the surgery expect me to heal in a year but seems like can't recover in time.

Earlier I was tyring to make a picture of the Xray the nurse said she would let me do it after she edits around it. But after she ends up, went to lunch what? Of course, I'm not waiting there because I heard she just left. So that would be an hour. Okay then trying to leave her a note to send me through email.

I had some time before my flight depart. I went to massage therapy nearby. Wow. I felt like everyone should do this — much less stiffness on my thigh and almost no soreness. I should have done this way earlier, improving my lifestyle.

Leg Massage is the king<- do this more!!!!

I flew back that night and started my night session. Omg!!!! I can't walk again. Now I realize the sessions make you can't walk L, but it recovers quit once you stop the lengthening. It's a weird feeling. I feel good because I know I'm going to walk soon and recover quickly after the distraction phase. But during the distraction phase, I felt like it's almost impossible and no way I can walk without the walker.

June 25 (my 28th day lengthening 2.13 cm)
I feel more pain during and after the lengthening. My left leg still weak now. I didn't feel any pain when I was in LA. But yeah now it's here, and I need to walker lol. I always take Norco before the session. My insurance only covers for a week, and I get worried I'm going to be out of Norco soon… I called the office went to a voice mailbox. I emailed them a few hours ago hopefully they mail the prescription to me. That was what the drug store recommend why the office didn't tell me mailing was possible.  I was reading a lot of diaries recently since I'm doing nothing at home so far. I was afraid during the consolidation phase the nail still going to prevent proper gait.
Still didn't receive my X-ray zzzzz
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:40:51 PM by gustavklimt »

InFullStryde

Re: Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:56:11 PM »

Good luck!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

pickingasurgeon

• Visitor
Re: Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »

How did you finance the surgery? Would you recommend Dr. Mahboubian?

hello321

• Visitor

Congrats bro! Definitely good diary. Keep it up! I am around your height. I went to Dr. Mahboubian last month and he seemed really chill. There is always trade off between complication and length. He told me there are always complications when you lengthen too much. The less you do the less complications you gonna have. I want to do 4.5 cm as gait and proportion are really important for me. I don't want to limp and have other complications haunting me in the future if I do too much. I am going to do it in a month!  Will start a post soon!

Movie

what's up bro, how are you doing?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

cena

Quite an engaging diary!

Why did you go back to live in expensive expensive San Fransisco? Why didn't you just stay in LA?

And did you end up staying alone after your sister left? How easy was it?

And why did you not choose Dr Paley or or Dr Donghoon (close to your country)?

Cpl2012

Hey bro. So the PT session cost  is not included? You have to pay out of your pocket?

gustavklimt

• Visitor

Here is the big update!!!

I could edit my post first post. Unfortunately, not the case here.

Answer for to each Question.
About finance. I am a freelance artist working here and there, buying some Stocks and crypto. Would I recommend Dr. Mahboubian? Well, I never consult with other Dr., But I would say the surgery went well from what I see in my Xray.

Dr. Mahboubian never told me about complications when lengthening too much. Funny things he told me I should to for 8 cm today lol.

Actually, I live in San Francisco for a well. So my stuff is all in SF. I have a soft and comfortable bed in my place, and it's better to stay with my bed and blanket. I don't think LA is an excellent place to stay because it's boiling. I remember the after I was discharged from the hospital my leg is swelling, of course. I need to change the ice pack continually. San Francisco, you don't. Just wear underwear, and your leg is chill as fuk :D. recover faster, yeah!
After my sister left it's not easy for doing a shower. Actually, I never shower, but I always took a long bath. It's hard to get up and down. Getting on the car is tough too. I'm slow the first two weeks. So after I went back to SF, I was sitting on the chair most of the times. And it's awful. I did walk here and there. But you need to do important PT.

Why didn't I pick Dr. Paley?
Florida is too far from SF.
I have 0 friends in Florida
Dr. Paley is expensive. No way I can afford two surgeries from him.
He is all book until August.
Why did I not pick Dr. Donghoon?
man..I should look him up now. I don't know who is he

I have cheap insurance and took me too much time to deal with. So PT I pay out of my pocket:/

Okay here is the big update!!!

My recent condition
I don't feel too much pain while I distract. I was worried about it at first. But after seeing the X-ray today, I'm fine.
So the Joint of my left knee I hear clicking noise when I bend it. I was worried. Dr. M said I'm fine.
So my Vastus intermedius muscle was used to be super hard and sour. Now it's soft and numb :/
I did a lot of massage therapy to bring down the sourness of my leg. So far, I have no long term sourness. My thigh used to be super hard always. I drink much protein shakes help me recover my muscle much faster.
The head of my left femur joint. There is a clicking going on. Dr.M said I need to practice stretch crossway. And ice it if required.
Around ten days ago, after I was being massaged straighten my leg and laying on something for a while, I felt discomfort, and I lose control of my leg. It's also happened every morning. I think it was because of the blood or something. I don't feel this before I think it was because my thigh used to have the sourness, hardness, and the pain all the times. So without much of these, I felt the loss of control more significant. So usually took me 5~10 second to control my leg.

I miss another four sessions because I stay in LA another two days. (without bringing ERC)

So I arrive LA August 5th
On the plane the last 10 min I felt pain from both of my knees that never happened before.
At first, I should have my PT session today. But then they called me a few days ago that there was no PT Monday afternoon. Apparently, the girl at the counter was from the different team I didn't know. So on the phone, she said I only able to change to the morning or another date. I said I wouldn't be in LA until noon due to my flight. I want to do it on Tuesday. She said I can't because they can't do PT and seeing the doctor at the same date. Come on!!! You guys made a mistake about it, and you want to responsible for that? Coz I'm flying back to SF Tuesday night. I was made because that kind of rule is that. Again! I need to beg her, please ask her manager. She said she is going to call me later. Whatever its end up I can to PT session and seeing Dr.M on Tuesday.

When I was on the uber from the airport to K-town I felt extreme dizziness and want to vomit. I ask uber to pool over for 2 min. So I didn't vomit because I think it will be disgusting and smells. so I have a bad day throughout the day. I think was because of the lack of sleep from last night. and lack of water. I drink a lot of water all days help slightly only.

I sleep in a hotel tonight. I took a pain killer at night as usual.

August 6th
I told everything that happened to my leg, and it seems fine, so that's a relief.
The X-Ray looks super. My bone grew significantly well this time. All the gap had little something:D. 3 weeks ago, my X-ray was terrible. I can see anything bone growing.
I am eating more protein and meal, taking more vitamin d and calcium. Drinks a lot of protein shake helps!!

Dr.M said my walk is terrible like a duck. I shouldn't walk like that !!! :/ I was sad at first

But I ask the PT guy, and he said it is normal. Everyone during the distraction walks like a duck lol.
I hope to say this won't bring him in trouble.

Now I am taller than Dr. M he said. We both are so happy. He said on the Xray both leg gain 3.1 cm
But it should be 3.23 from what from the session times I did. Anyway its really close.
I also measure my height there today. and what a surprise! I gain around 3.7 wow. so I'm quite happy.

PT session
Trying to walk straight in a line without walker it's hard. I had a slow fall and lay on the ground :/
Doing bicycle for the endorsement, because when I stretch, I start breathing fast and heartbeat went quickly. Getting tired easily.
Many other regular PT things.

he did say interestingly one leg with tight quad and loose hamstring another with loose quad and right hamstring. how come?
My flexibility between two legs was changing around I find that weird too.

So I didn't take a picture of my x-ray I said I'm going to get my phone. The nurse said I could ask Dr. M cause I'm going to talk to him soon. I forgot to ask him because I had so many questions about my leg :/ so when I about to leave I ask them about the x-ray. And they said they already shut down the machine. Man…. It's so hard to get a photo of my Xray!!!!
They did give me the cd x-ray from last times. Its 2019 come on. Who used cd???? My computer can't read that…..

Went to do Thai massage after that. I found a good one nearby with reasonable price

I am flying back to SF slightly knee pain (only slightly) and extreme discomfort from my leg. I need to stretch around. The women next to me think I have some mental issue for sure. I am contently going weird-looking move to help my leg. Then I remember I should take a pain killer. It feels terrific afterward, and I fall asleep quickly. That's dramatic!

I'll try to update more often now because typing all in a day it's quite intense. I'm so sleepy I'm going to bed now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:48:55 AM by gustavklimt »

TouchingTheSky

• Visitor

What was the price?  He lists it on the website but people say that it may not be accurate.  Btw, I am also a fellow short asian (169cm  ;D).  Right now, I kind of want quadrilateral like you and I'm willing to work a couple of years to get it.  But I feel like if I could convince my parents, they could at least assist me in getting a loan that I could pay over time thru CareCredit. Money is actually no problem for us but ofc I cannot be selfish.  Any tips on how to convey to them that this is an actual neurosis that people deal with haha, since they think that it's no big deal.

amandasolomon

Hello TourchingTheSky! I came across your question and wanted to tell you the prices for Height Lengthening with Dr. Mahboubian.

Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) -----------------$65,500.00
Bilateral tibia lengthening   (Precise nail) -----------------$75,000.00   
Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart-------$139,000.00
*Upgrade to the full weight bearing STRYDE nail for $5000 more
Pages: [1]   Go Up