Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My proportions are killing me  (Read 18890 times)

Bry

Re: My proportions are killing me
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:30 AM »

Keep in mind that doing 12cm's will not only harm your proportions but also your bio mechanics.
There are some people who really think that they will go back to 100% after 10cm's. Maybe it is possible, I just haven't heard of anyone were this was the case.
Doing 12cm will most likely result in a heavy and irretrievable loss in leg function, just keep that in mind when planning your surgeries.
I have no real life experience with this though so I only repeat what I've heard from my Dr. and local orthopeadic.
Wish you all the best!

Wait, but you mean more than 10cm in only one segment or the whole leg? Because I was planning on sharing that length between fermur and tibia.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »

Wait, but you mean more than 10cm in only one segment or the whole leg? Because I was planning on sharing that length between fermur and tibia.
I mean 10 cm's in total, it's better to spread it out on something like 5\5 though.
The reason I am saying this is that the people I have talked to about this surgery told me that less is always better. I'll E-Mail my Dr. and ask him for the specific reasons why he doesn't like lengthening many cm's.
I don't want to stop you from anything, but If you really want to do that much, my advice would be to go to Dr. Guichet and do 7-8cm's on your femurs and then think about a second surgery.

Uppland

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »

Yes as far as I know Dr Guichets patients are the only ones who has successfully lengthened 7-8CM whilst still recovering more or less completely. Even with Guichet that is the exception rather than the rule though.

crimsontide

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »

i dont think anyone  recovers completely..

but as far as  doing 7- 8 cm and then being normal again... i think pretty much everyone whos had the surgery and done 7- 8 cm has recovered to that extent

Bry

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »

I was thinking about doing externals with Dr Barinov because of the price, since I don't earn neither in dollars or euros, also because I heard that externals are better to recover on the long run...

Smallguy

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »

You know... I don't think proportions are that important, unless you have something very small compared to your body, like arms or hands...

If you have long legs, you should have at least long arms, otherwise you would looks like a T-Rex.

To be honest, I don't think a few inches off from a good proportion will kill your body, I decided I don't care much for my proportions and will do my original 12cm and be 178cm, being long legged sounds more like a perk than a flaw to me anyway, and you can only have long legs if compared to a torso, so yeah... I prefer long legs and short torso than short legs and short torso xD

Yes, that's why I ask whether proportion or final height is more important to you. If you don't feel proportion is important then do as you wish.

But you are aware that your legs are relatively lengthy for your height. Most guys at 5'5 wear 28-29" inseam but you already have 31" inseam. At 3" increase you will be at 34" inseam. 34" inseam is the longest pants inseam for most clothing manufacture and is typically worn by the tallest male in the general population. With 4" increase, you will be at 35" inseam with the body of 5'5.

So it boils down to whether you prefer final height or proportion. Unfortunately, you won't have both in your case.

Long legs are beautiful but provided that you have tall upper body and broad shoulder. If you have shorter upper body, it will accentuate your short upper body frame. You probably don't know what I'm talking about until you're actually have experience and witness what I have seen. This is actually what stops most of us from being 6'2.

Yeah, doing 7" first is good since you are going for 2 segments. Go for 7" first and then consider whether you like to go for more and by how much. Cheers.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Bry

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:08 PM »

Yes, that's why I ask whether proportion or final height is more important to you. If you don't feel proportion is important then do as you wish.

But you are aware that your legs are relatively lengthy for your height. Most guys at 5'5 wear 28-29" inseam but you already have 31" inseam. At 3" increase you will be at 34" inseam. 34" inseam is the longest pants inseam for most clothing manufacture and is typically worn by the tallest male in the general population. With 4" increase, you will be at 35" inseam with the body of 5'5.

So it boils down to whether you prefer final height or proportion. Unfortunately, you won't have both in your case.

Long legs are beautiful but provided that you have tall upper body and broad shoulder. If you have shorter upper body, it will accentuate your short upper body frame. You probably don't know what I'm talking about until you're actually have experience and witness what I have seen. This is actually what stops most of us from being 6'2.

Yeah, doing 7" first is good since you are going for 2 segments. Go for 7" first and then consider whether you like to go for more and by how much. Cheers.

Thanks for worrying my friend :)

I do have wide shoulders and thick strong arms, it's kinda strange but most of the guys on my work have my sitting height but they are way taller, like, near 6' or up, when they stand, also... I'm pretty sure I'm way stronger than them, I have strong limbs, thick arms and legs.
I guess it really depends from person to person, if I post a pic could you give me more info please?

http://postimg.org/image/578yjkmu1/

My inseam starts right at the end of my shirt.

kunta kinte

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 11:48:30 PM »

I do have wide shoulders and thick strong arms, it's kinda strange but most of the guys on my work have my sitting height but they are way taller, like, near 6' or up, when they stand, also... I'm pretty sure I'm way stronger than them, I have strong limbs, thick arms and legs.
I guess it really depends from person to person, if I post a pic could you give me more info please?

your femurs look really short.

Bry

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »

your femurs look really short.

Yeah, strange... When I pull my knees together to sit down they almost hit my shoulders... maybe I have a flat ass? lol

Oooor it's because of my long tibias?

Smallguy

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 07:36:35 PM »

I high-lighted in bold the sentences above. The statements made is not true to what I see in the photo. The person in the photo does not have wide shoulder, thick arms, and thick legs. If you really mean what you are saying, you'll need to google a typical body builder or find a local serious gym where the bodybuilder hangs out. That is wide shoulder, thick arms and thick legs.

The person in the photo looks quite normal like a typical young adult. I do see that he looks proportional but though if he is concerned about his height, 7-8cm in the femur would help... follow by a 1-2 years break to reaccess his situation.

Cheers,
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Bry

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »

Hmm... Maybe the people I know have skinny legs and arms? Because I have almost double as their thickness, anyway, that pic kinda makes me feel strange, I do see I have long fermurs, yet it doesn't show on the pic, oh well, I will probably do those 7cm anyway xD

Smallguy

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »

Hmm... Maybe the people I know have skinny legs and arms? Because I have almost double as their thickness, anyway, that pic kinda makes me feel strange, I do see I have long fermurs, yet it doesn't show on the pic, oh well, I will probably do those 7cm anyway xD

Yeah, sometime picture can make your body looks differently depending on the angle of your camera though the young adult in the photo looks normal proportionally to me. Good-luck with pursuing your dream. Cheers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up