Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportion or height, which is most important to you?  (Read 10566 times)

Uppland

Proportion or height, which is most important to you?
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »

Title says it all really.

NewHeights

Re: Proportion or height, which is most important to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »

I don't want to look like a freak, so proportion.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »

I don't want to look like a freak, so proportion.

Let's put it like this: would you rather be 180 with exellent proportions or 186 and somewhat weird looking?

joax

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »

180 because I prefer 180 over 186. If it were 173 with good proportions or 180 with bad proportions, I'd pick the latter any day of the week.

NewHeights

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »

Let's put it like this: would you rather be 180 with exellent proportions or 186 and somewhat weird looking?

I don't want to oversimplify, so I'll get more specific. I'd rather be 186 with imperfect proportions than 180 with perfect proportions, but I'd rather by 180 with good proportions, than 186 with BAD proportions.

My general rules of thumb are: cycling inseam/height below 49%, and no more then -1 inch ape index. If I'd meet both of those criteria, I'd go for 186 CM
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

I´d say it highly depends on your starting height, for someone like me or you, Uppland, proportions would be more important. Even if 187 is my dream height, I´d much rather be 184 without looking weird. My goal is not to deceed an ape index of 1. Having a good height but bad proportions would simply not improve my quaility of living  (which is the reason for the surgery in my case) .
I must say though that it´s a different story for people below 170 who´ll have a much bigger benefit coming from the forced extra cm´s than us.

NewHeights

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »

I´d say it highly depends on your starting height, for someone like me or you, Uppland, proportions would be more important. Even if 187 is my dream height, I´d much rather be 184 without looking weird. My goal is not to deceed an ape index of 1. Having a good height but bad proportions would simply not improve my quaility of living  (which is the reason for the surgery in my case) .
I must say though that it´s a different story for people below 170 who´ll have a much bigger benefit coming from the forced extra cm´s than us.

You were blessed with some of the best starting proportions on this forum, but would you come to the same conclusion if your ape index was already 1:1? Would you just not consider CLL at that point?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:22 PM »

You were blessed with some of the best starting proportions on this forum, but would you come to the same conclusion if your ape index was already 1:1? Would you just not consider CLL at that point?
I would do a little less then, maybe just 3-4 cm´s which would bring me to 183. Looking weird after too much of lengthening is kinda counter productive in my oppinion.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 04:59:23 AM »

I think it is highly depending on the starting height and proportion.  Most of people probably can push 5-7 cm without looking weird, no matter what shape of body they begin with. However, after 7-8 cm, the proportion could become more important.  If one starts from over 175 cm, it would be desirable to care about proportion rather than being much taller so it would be better not to go over 10 cm.  But, if one starts below or near 170 cm, the taller height will give more benefit as long as the proportion does not become too obviously off,  So over 10 cm lengthening but less than 12-13 cm in two segments could be considerable.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 07:44:41 AM »

Height-- don't really care about proportion (except for stuff like squats).
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 08:57:20 AM »

My priortity is
1. function
2. proportions
3. height (as long it's 182-183)
I think proportions are an indicator for functionality. If you hit the point where you have "overdone" it, there will probably be some siginficant loses in function as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:07:12 AM by Alittletooshort »

hadrian

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »

Excellent proportions implies a lot, that you're a well built male with a  v-tapered upper body, big long arms, narrow hips, etc etc, which when all combined together make you considerably more attractive.

If you struggle to pull off just a moderate amount of leg lengthening, you didn't have great proportions in the first place, so I wouldn't sweat it. Honestly if you already have garbage tier proportions you probably aren't attractive and thus you need everything(including height) to compensate. Guys like Apotheosis did end up looking a little ridiculous(IMO not to the point of it being serious) but I believe going from 5'7" to 6'2"(That's his final height claimed as claimed on his self-written IMDB page, not 6'3") compensated for however out of proportion he got. I'm not condoning his lengthening though, but only because he jeopardized his health doing so much, not because of proportions.

Crazy 6+ had probably the most screwed up proportions I've seen post LL, but that was due to both lengthening too much and being a small-boned unattractive male with weak proportions in the first place. I'm not quite sure which is worse, being a goofy looking taller guy or a tiny insignificant invisible one(Again, not taking into account how he crippled himself). If his frame were just a big bigger starting out, his shoulders wider, his arms longer, his head bigger, he would have went from "Wow, that guy looks so weird" to "Wow, that guy has long legs". Assuming he can even walk outside nowadays.

If you have to risk crap proportions in order to go from short to average in your area, I would go ahead and do so.

I think the proportion hysteria on LL sites is beneficial, because it stops people from wanting to lengthen excessively and therefore dangerously. So let's continue the proportion talk, despite knowing they aren't they aren't the end of the world.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:53:19 AM by hadrian »
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »

Why choose? Take a look at Master Illusionist Apo, doesn't he look like a BEAST8)
http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/ApotheosisMMT/media/Run_Park_March_26th_2015_1_zpsbihrl9jh.mp4.html
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »

Why choose? Take a look at Master Illusionist Apo, doesn't he look like a BEAST8)
http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/ApotheosisMMT/media/Run_Park_March_26th_2015_1_zpsbihrl9jh.mp4.html

Broken link

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »

Broken link
Don't click it, copy and paste.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Smallguy

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »

He looks good.

Despite all the negative posts I made about Apo (lack of ethics), I'm glad that he is recovering and going on with his life.

It's a remarkable achievement for someone to put on 20cm gain and walk away normally again.

In terms of proportion, I can see his legs look a big long. However, I see that he made up with it for this arm LL, and pack up muscle on his butt, upper body, and legs. But he had stalky short legs to being with.

Cheers,
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »

Sorry, but that guys running isn't where it should be. It looked almost comical, if he did 20CM he looks remarkably proportional though.

kunta kinte

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »

proportion for sure. I would love to have an inseam of 49-50%
Pages: [1]   Go Up