Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's incredible how prevalent height frauding is  (Read 1828 times)

hadrian

It's incredible how prevalent height frauding is
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »

I have been pegged for 2 or even 3 inches taller than my height too many times to count[Around women or shorter men(Keep in mind I lived in a short area at the time)] and when I corrected them they are often surprised. I guess this is because there are so many 5'10" to 5'11" guys that claim 6'0" and somehow get away with it. Thus when the often-touted reference point of 6'0" is in itself skewed, things like this can happen.

To be fair this never happened when I lived in a taller region in the western US.
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Morpheus34

Re: It's incredible how prevalent height frauding is
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »

Hello Hadrian

Yes there is a discrepancy.

If you compare self-reported height and measurement, the difference is in some studies about 1.5 cm (average).

Therefore, studies concerning height with self-reported height, are to take with caution. I could imagine the degree of difference is possibly also linked to a lot of factors (importance of the height in a certain nation/country/region, average height of the studied popolation, gender etc.)

Greetings Morpheus

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
Re: It's incredible how prevalent height frauding is
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:12 PM »

I list my height as 5 inches less so that people would be surprised once they see me (It usually leaves a good impression even though I'm not close to average)
5"6 and proud
Pages: [1]   Go Up