Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL veterans -how is your running?  (Read 17041 times)

Uppland

LL veterans -how is your running?
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »

I know most people have already talked about this in their diaries but I think it deserves its own thread.

How well can you run after doing LL, is there a large difference between patients or is everyone affected in roughly the same way?

-How does it feel?

-How long can you run and how fast?

-What's different from before?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: LL veterans -how is your running?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »

The first time I ran, it felt like I was wearing stilts.  Now I've completely gotten used to my new legs and how they feel when I run.

I can't run as far anymore without resting because my muscles get fatigued more easily, but my initial speed is the same as it was before.
Gained 3 inches on tibias (LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Dr. Hetao Xia.

I only reply to very personal or moderation-related PMs. If you have LL questions please ask them in this thread: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 12:51:38 AM »

The first time I ran, it felt like I was wearing stilts.  Now I've completely gotten used to my new legs and how they feel when I run.

I can't run as far anymore without resting because my muscles get fatigued more easily, but my initial speed is the same as it was before.

How much further could you run before?

Also when you say "initial speed" what do you mean exactly, you could only keep up with your former self on shorter distances?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 08:41:38 PM »

Now it only takes a few blocks for my legs to need a rest.  I used to be able to run for a few miles, and even then I wasn't stopping due to fatigue in my tibalis anterior muscles, like I have to now.  Endurance in the muscles is what was lost.

About initial speed, you got it right.  I can sprint as well as I used to be able to, maybe even better.
Gained 3 inches on tibias (LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Dr. Hetao Xia.

I only reply to very personal or moderation-related PMs. If you have LL questions please ask them in this thread: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544

ItsMyLife

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:33 AM »

Did you time yourself eg shuttle run?

Joel

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 03:58:54 AM »

you probably burn the same calories as you did running more !! :D :D
5'5 manlet of peace

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20:34 AM »

Now it only takes a few blocks for my legs to need a rest.  I used to be able to run for a few miles, and even then I wasn't stopping due to fatigue in my tibalis anterior muscles, like I have to now.  Endurance in the muscles is what was lost.

About initial speed, you got it right.  I can sprint as well as I used to be able to, maybe even better.

Do you think this loss of endurance is due to the nail going through your knee, the amount lengthened or  just due to the surgery itself?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 08:43:53 AM »

I think it's due to bio-mechanical changes from how much I lengthened.

spiderman

• Visitor
  • Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »

Would you think your vertical jump is the same? What about agility in basketball? Balance? Coordination??
Note: Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife

Re-considering 5 cm tibia. Starting height: 186 cm.

Orthopedist: Docs who routinely do this surgery as a "sub-specialty" are businessmen, salesmen.. deserve psychiatric help, not risky surgery... Any operation must be an informed, evaluated last resort be

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 03:45:52 AM »

I think my vertical jump is about 3 inches higher than it was, due to the height increase of 3 inches.  My leg strength is as good or better than it used to be.

Agility and balance got a bit worse.  They're at maybe 80-90% of what they were.  Raising the center of gravity is going to do that, no matter what.

I'm surprised a competitive athlete like you is even considering LL.  It'll definitely make you a worse athlete.  I just exercise for my health and to stay in shape.

theuprising

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 07:23:43 PM »

MDOW how much less do you think you would have needed to lengthen for I not to affect your biomechanics?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing or even guessing that.

abo

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 04:47:22 AM »

So there is absolut 0% chans of getting 100% back to your oldself only if you incress 5cm?
182-183 on the morning! 181cm the whole day! the night 180,5/180,8cm!

Racurz

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

How much did you lengthen and tibs or femurs

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »

How much did you lengthen and tibs or femurs
He is not active anymore And he lengthened 7.5 cm.
Budget will determine my future.

Racurz

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:20 PM »

He is not active anymore And he lengthened 7.5 cm.

Ah just wondering if the lengthening amount effects the running after LL

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 12:26:28 AM »

Ah just wondering if the lengthening amount effects the running after LL
Yes, veterans can answer better, but yes, especially if your tendons are lengthened, so no ATL!
Budget will determine my future.

Antonio

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 01:27:32 AM »

2 years post op I can do my same 5k route in 30 minutes, the same speed I did pre 'LL. It took me a few months to build up my stamina going from 1k to 2k and progressively reducing my times, but it can be done.  The quads feel tighter after, but it's not an unpleasant feeling, it feels like the muscles are getting more defined, probably due to the fascia stretching. My knees "sound" a bit different,if that makes sense, like they have more sponge in them, but there is no feeling of pain or soreness, except for the usual running stresses. I don't even feel the left rod in my thigh

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 07:00:52 PM »

It's like this

notatroll

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 07:28:54 PM »

After 2 years I can't run at all and my gait is weird. This surgery ruined my life.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »

Ah really sorry to hear that dude. Which doctor did you go to? Aren't they offering you a remedial/correction?

notatroll

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »

Ah really sorry to hear that dude. Which doctor did you go to? Aren't they offering you a remedial/correction?

Dr Monegal worst decision ever. He doesn't admit his patients have problems. His ego is HUGE.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 08:03:48 PM »

He should return some or all of your money so you can get corrective treatment elsewhere. Again, really sorry to hear dude. Hope things improve. Do you still have nails inside?

notatroll

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »

He should return some or all of your money so you can get corrective treatment elsewhere. Again, really sorry to hear dude. Hope things improve. Do you still have nails inside?

My nails were removed but my condition didn't improve. I have a very bad knee pain. I don't have more money for doctors.

Cinderella

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »

WARNING: user noratroll never had surgery

His only aim here is to create a false testimonial against Dr Monegal and his genuine LL patients.
Yet to proof or post a single x Ray he has been banned several times in this forum. We all know about this. Just check his posts and you will figure out an obsessive poor man. None of his patients know about him.

As for running. My case is not cosmetic LL. I had a LL discrepancy with severe early rigth hip destruction following proximal fémur fracture at age 12.
I had complex hip reconstruction 2 years ago that fixed both of my hip issues and Limb length discrepancy. I can ride a bicycle, use heel shoes and run, something I could not do since age 12.
My doc is Monegal. Best decision ever.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 10:54:48 PM »

HELLO
i m very old patient tu doctor Guichet nail albizzia  7 cm tu femur 27 agosto 2003
my run is 100%  just my squatt is small diificult because my tifia is short now

notatroll

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »

WARNING: user Cinderella is a FAKE. None of Monegal patients know about her. Yet to prove she's a real patient. Yet to post a single x Ray. Just check her posts and you will figure out an obsessive pattern. Her only aim here is to work for Monegal

WARNING: user noratroll never had surgery

His only aim here is to create a false testimonial against Dr Monegal and his genuine LL patients.
Yet to proof or post a single x Ray he has been banned several times in this forum. We all know about this. Just check his posts and you will figure out an obsessive poor man. None of his patients know about him.

As for running. My case is not cosmetic LL. I had a LL discrepancy with severe early rigth hip destruction following proximal fémur fracture at age 12.
I had complex hip reconstruction 2 years ago that fixed both of my hip issues and Limb length discrepancy. I can ride a bicycle, use heel shoes and run, something I could not do since age 12.
My doc is Monegal. Best decision ever.

cheekycabs

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »

Running is impossible after 12 months ilizarov. But, it's getting closer to a fast walking.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

th

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 12:05:46 AM »

running is possible after a year depending on amount - but better to be cautious - your body tells u when to try and increase the distance/speed etc - with consistency and gym work u can get to 100%
Pages: [1]   Go Up