Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it okay to lie about your height in online dating?  (Read 33035 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Is it okay to lie about your height in online dating?
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »

I have extensive experience with online dating, and have many female friends/former girls I hooked up with that all say they assume men below 5'10" add on like two inches of height. One girl is 5'7" and told me she dated a guy that claimed 5'10 but was more like 5'5"!

When I was 5'5 and some change, I used to say 5'7" and got away with it unless girls who were 5'6 and up dated me. Even then, it was mostly ok. I think lying by more than an inch could get you in trouble, because they'd probably notice it, especially if they're close to your height. Now that I'm 5'8", I just say 5'9" (since they probably think 5'8 = 5'6").

In my opinion, Tinder can be rough for short guys because even you got a lot matches (I got a lot of matches), the subject of height typically comes up, because Tinder is a height lottery if it's not discussed. So, you're put on the spot, and they will remember it more if you meet in person and you're shorter than what you said (this applies more if the girl in question is close to your height).

NewHeights

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:03 PM »

I have extensive experience with online dating, and have many female friends/former girls I hooked up with that all say they assume men below 5'10" add on like two inches of height. One girl is 5'7" and told me she dated a guy that claimed 5'10 but was more like 5'5"!

When I was 5'5 and some change, I used to say 5'7" and got away with it unless girls who were 5'6 and up dated me. Even then, it was mostly ok. I think lying by more than an inch could get you in trouble, because they'd probably notice it, especially if they're close to your height. Now that I'm 5'8", I just say 5'9" (since they probably think 5'8 = 5'6").

In your experience with online dating, were you often contacted by women when you put 5' 7" or did you always have to reach out to them?
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 09:25:26 PM »

In your experience with online dating, were you often contacted by women when you put 5' 7" or did you always have to reach out to them?

As much as people on here aren't going to believe me...most of the women that I dated from OLD starting in 2007 (before I got a 5 year girlfriend) actually contacted me first. My ex-gf of 5 years (she was 5'3"), and even a model. The model was like 5'8", but she asked me if height was a concern when she emailed me, I told her I didn't care, so she already knew I was shorter. In person, she never questioned what I said 5'7" when I was closer to 5'5". Yeah, I got a lot of fatties and ugly chicks that I ignored, but had my fair share of good looking women when I was saying 5'7". A few girls I reached out, but even now, my rule is I only message a girl when her profile absolutely blows me away AND I think I have a reasonable chance of a response based on her profile and what I think she's looking for (women have it much easier online, so I usually just wait to be message).

Now that I'm saying 5'9", I do seem to be getting more good looking women reaching out to me first (including many women 5'6-5'8, which is cool, and proves that it's really the very short women who are the b*tchiest about height)

I also was lucky to have written great profiles and have fantastic photos and am very photogenic (two people on here know what I look like).

It's weird - I actually just NOW got an email from a very cute 5'3" woman on POF, brown hair/green eyes. She's definitely getting a response :)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »

I say go for it. Women lie about their weight online all the time. Anyone who's seen a profile listed bodytype: curvy knows what I'm talking about.

Off topic, but one thing that takes some getting used to is that I see breasts from a higher angle than I could before. So many women I've known all look like new acquaintances to me now.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YellowSpike

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »

I say go for it. Women lie about their weight online all the time. Anyone who's seen a profile listed bodytype: curvy knows what I'm talking about.

Off topic, but one thing that takes some getting used to is that I see breasts from a higher angle than I could before. So many women I've known all look like new acquaintances to me now.

Let's call it what it is. Curvy = a nice way of saying morbidly obese.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »

Let's call it what it is. Curvy = a nice way of saying morbidly obese.

Hey, hey, hey. She's not fat. She's just cultivating mass.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Uppland

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:57 PM »

I wouldn't lie, feels like you're cultivating your own insecurity. Even if I got rejected by some women -it's like Newheights says, I wouldn't want them anyways if they were shallow like that.

YellowSpike

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 11:58:08 PM »

I wouldn't lie, feels like you're cultivating your own insecurity. Even if I got rejected by some women -it's like Newheights says, I wouldn't want them anyways if they were shallow like that.

Agreed, but it's almost a must with online dating unless you're already 5'10+. Because women set their filters extra high in order to not only weed out short men, but also men who are lying about their height (when in actuality, they'd be ok with men 5'8" and up, but they say 5'10" and up to account for height inflation). Plus, lying by an inch you're not likely to get caught, and you can also just say it's your height in regular shoes.

Lying by more than an inch, you're more likely to get caught, and then they'll wonder what else you've lied about.

G-Man

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »

One online date I had said she was 5'6". 
When I saw her I went: euhh you are not 5'6"
She: I'm 5'3" but I'm always on heels...

Descreteuser

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 01:10:30 AM »

One online date I had said she was 5'6". 
When I saw her I went: euhh you are not 5'6"
She: I'm 5'3" but I'm always on heels...

i put on my tinder profile 6'1 just a couple of weeks before starting my lengthening journey.. so i was basically adding 2inches to my height at the time.. i wanted to experiment and see if women would make comments about being that height.. i wasnt actually expecting to meet up with anyone as i had a fake height on my profile.. however i ended up hitting it off with a very fit older cougar.(about 10 years on me). but i thought, sh*t i dont know if i want to meet her as ive lied about my height.. the funny thing is she told me she was 5'10 so i was extra worried shed notice that i was only 1 inch taller.. i went and met her and she was in heels and i was still a bit taller than her.. so she obviously lied about her height aswell.. she was more like 5'8..which i was very relieved about.. but goes to show even taller women lie about their height.. thats kinda equivelent to a 6'2 guy saying hes 6'4.. seems kinda pointless really..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

YellowSpike

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 02:19:16 AM »

I saw my ex-gf's online profile (OKC said were a 95% match - go figure). She claims 5'5" when she's 5'2-5'3 at best.

G-Man

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »

My bro is 5'9" and wrote 5'10'', she gave him   even tho she lied as well on her height, apparently it was ok for her to do so...  :P

NewHeights

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 03:30:16 AM »

5' 5" to 6' 2" is only an increase in likelihood of being contacted of 3 percentage points. Seem right to you guys?

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

ReadRothbard

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 06:57:20 AM »

5' 5" to 6' 2" is only an increase in likelihood of being contacted of 3 percentage points. Seem right to you guys?

I wouldn't be that surprised.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »

I would be very surprised to learn if that were true. 5'5" to 6'2" is a HUGE difference. That's like, 3-4 different "leagues" of height in that range. A 5'5" guy may as well live on a different planet than a 6'2" guy lol

The most common height thresholds I see online are 5'8"+/5'10+/and 6'0+. In my opinion, once you've cleared 5'10" it really doesn't matter anymore to almost all women (except for the really tall ones like 5'9"+).

KrP1

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »

I have been doing online dating for some time and almost every woman i meet lied about their height by about 2 inches

NewHeights

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »

For whatever it's worth, I just started doing online dating and the girls who've liked me are from 5' 1" to 6' 2" (yea, I know). The majority of girls are 5' 5" to 5' 9", so the theory that short girls are the worst height queens might be accurate.

YellowSpike

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »

For whatever it's worth, I just started doing online dating and the girls who've liked me are from 5' 1" to 6' 2" (yea, I know). The majority of girls are 5' 5" to 5' 9", so the theory that short girls are the worst height queens might be accurate.

Yup. I claim 5'9" now, and I seem to get the most love from girls who are 5'5" to 5'8". A few taller by like an inch, and some that are like 5'3", but never lower than 5'3" lol those really short girls want giants to give them tall kids (or so they hope - dumb broads).

anoopnain

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »

If you are lying about your height that's means you don't know how to get girls. Rejection is a normal thing and it can help you to learn how you can get the success next time. I have seen like lots of people with no great heights and have models with them as a girlfriend. Here is a website you should read  confident up website. This will help you to get girlfriends even your height is not that good.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:46:19 PM by Admin »

YellowSpike

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »

If you are lying about your height that's means you don't know how to get girls. Rejection is a normal thing and it can help you to learn how you can get the success next time. I have seen like lots of people with no great heights and have models with them as a girlfriend. Here is a website you should read confident up website. This will help you to get girlfriends even your height is not that good.

We are talking about online dating. If you are under a certain height, your profile won't even get many views from good looking women. Women are upping their height filters because they know men lie about their height by on average 2 inches. I don't mind saying 5'8" but I feel pressured to say 5'9" simply so my profile can be seen by a decent amount of women.

I was contacted on Match last night by a 5'10" model...we'll see where this goes...lol. Her height minimum is 5'8" (taller girls are always nicer about this), I just made it lol

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:46:44 PM by Admin »

sadboy

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »

We are talking about online dating. If you are under a certain height, your profile won't even get many views from good looking women. Women are upping their height filters because they know men lie about their height by on average 2 inches. I don't mind saying 5'8" but I feel pressured to say 5'9" simply so my profile can be seen by a decent amount of women.

I was contacted on Match last night by a 5'10" model...we'll see where this goes...lol. Her height minimum is 5'8" (taller girls are always nicer about this), I just made it lol

The irony to this? This model you are talking about wouldn't even talk to you if you were your height before LL. Lets be honest here...

YellowSpike

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »

The irony to this? This model you are talking about wouldn't even talk to you if you were your height before LL. Lets be honest here...

Well, yeah, I mean, that's partially the idea behind LL dude. To make us more confident and more attractive to women. I didn't do it for women per se, this was more for me, but that's an added bonus.

Just the way if a fat girl loses a ton of weight, I might find her attractive. Same thing, only with us, surgery is required.

NewHeights

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »

I think there are some women who would actually be really impressed my a short guy who didn't give two you-know-what's about his height.

YellowSpike

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »

There are surely a good number of tall women out there who'd be impressed by that. Sadly, they are not the norm, and women as a whole (no matter what their height is) strongly prefer tall (or at least average) men.

To quote something that Sweden once said to me: "We all know taller is better. That's why we do this surgery."

KrP1

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »

Hey yellow. I really think your height is ok now. You are 174 at morning. But if you are going to do your tibias . Just do it for a little amount. Like 4cm as you said and dont go for more.

YellowSpike

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »

Hey yellow. I really think your height is ok now. You are 174 at morning. But if you are going to do your tibias . Just do it for a little amount. Like 4cm as you said and dont go for more.

Appreciate it buddy. I'm actually as high as 175 on some mornings when really well rested, but usually more like 174.7...but at the end of the day, I'm right at about 5'8"/173 (late evening). Sometimes a bit over, sometimes a bit under.

Yeah if and when I do tibias in a few years, I'm not going over 4cm...want to keep the risks as low as possible. Tibias terrify me, but I got over my fear of this sh*t once before. My main concern is a slow consolidation and the fact that my calf muscles are very large...I'm scared I might get bad ballerina, but we shall see.

NewHeights

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »

There are surely a good number of tall women out there who'd be impressed by that. Sadly, they are not the norm, and women as a whole (no matter what their height is) strongly prefer tall (or at least average) men.

To quote something that Sweden once said to me: "We all know taller is better. That's why we do this surgery."

I think you are generally collect, however, I would argue that "taller is better" is an oversimplification. It's more, make in into the 5' 11" to 6' 2" club and you're golden. That 3 inch range is the holy grail of height for a man.

If someone could magically make me 6' 5" or 5' 11", I'd take 5' 11" any day

YellowSpike

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »

I agree with you...but if I could be a proportionate, muscular 6'5" man...geez...talk about life on easy mode! Men will be intimidated by you ,and there are a lot of size queens out there.

But as I've said before, once you've cleared 5'10"...it really doesn't matter anymore.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »

I´d say your fine once your are 180 rather than 5´10. Soo many girls out there are 175+ so it´s kinda annyoing if they are taller than you as soon as they wear some kind of heels.
A problem I face pretty regulary is that I prefere girls who are around 180 so I´m always a little too short for them at 5´10.

YellowSpike

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:17 PM »

Yeah but even so, at 5'10" even tall women will typically be ok with your height.

I personally prefer women 5'3-5'7" anyway. I don't mind if they're a bit taller than me with heels, even if it's not preferable. I'm 5'9" in shoes/sneakers, so I really only have to worry about that if they're 5'5"/5'6" and up and wear heels that give more than 3 inches.

anoopnain

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 06:49:34 AM »

Mate everyone care about them-self only. How am i looking howz my clothes, howz my shoes?? So it doesn't matter don't worry play it cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up