Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ian - External Tibia with Dr.Amar Sarin,India  (Read 7296 times)

ian

• Visitor
Ian - External Tibia with Dr.Amar Sarin,India
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »

Hello everyone,

Finally I have decided to start  my diary.It has been a long time I have decided to go for this surgery.Unfortunately due to many personal reasons it got delayed.

About me :

Ethnicity:Asian
Starting Height:158 cm
Desired goal : 6cm-7cm

goodlucktomylegs

Re: Ian - External Tibia with Dr.Amar Sarin,India
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »

Have you started it yet?
Do you live in India now?

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »

I had my surgery on Jan 24th 2015.It's almost two and half months after the surgery.Since I am lazy on writing,everyday I think of starting the diary next day. I have achieved approx 5cm now.I have my Xray in few days.I will post it once done.
I live in India and right now I am in doctor's guesthouse.

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

Pics after I was shifted to guest house.

31st Jan - 7 days after surgery.

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 11:34:27 PM »

Hi, thanks for starting a diary. I have a few questions I'd be grateful if you could answer:

1) What technique are you using? LON?
2) What is your mobility like now? can you walk with crutches? with a walker?
3) At what rate do you distract? .833mm a day?

Good luck with the last stages of your lengthening and recovery :)

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »

The method used is LON.

I can move around the room using a five wheeler chair,not a wheelchair.I am not walking now.

I started lengthening on Feb 1st.My doctor allowed me to distract at the rate of 1.5 mm for the first ten days.But since I had bleeding from the right leg and severe pain,I could do at 1.5 mm only for four days.Rest of the days I turned at 1mm.

First Xray was taken after 10 days of lengthening,unluckly I could achieve only 0.6mm in left and 0.7mm right leg.Doctor told there is nothing to worry and can happen in the first stage of lengthening.
But the case is different with other patients here ,they got a minimum of 1.5 mm on each leg on the first Xray.

After the first ten days,I was told to turn at 1mm per day and still I am following it.

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »

The bad part of the lengthening phase is to pass off the days.Each day is like a month.I hate being inside a room.
The other worst part is the pain.Pain comes and goes.It is really painful when my physiotherapist stretches my whole legs 90 degree upside.I have almost 40 minutes of physiotherapy everyday except Sunday.I know stretching is good but it pains like a burn in the bone cut region.
Getting sleep is another bad part.I am taking sleeping pill without which I can't get sleep.But sometimes it is difficult to get sleep because of pain.
Usually I sleep from 1 at night to 4 or 5  morning.I wait for breakfast at 7,take Mobizox tablet.Again I go sleep from 8 to 12.There are some patients here who are not taking sleeping pill,one guy sleeps from morning 6 to 4 in the evening.His sleeping pattern has changed.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »

Greetings Ian

Hope all is well. I wanted to ask if you could do your cost break down and share your experience of first couple of days right after surgery! Ps I am following your diary closely so I hope you will continue to constantly update us !

Thanks

Batman

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »

KAB THEEK HOGA BHAI...???

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 12:41:39 AM »

Hey Batman.. :D

Thanks a lot for giving me the support  on the last few painful days of lengthening.Otherwise I would not be able to reach my target of 7 cm.
I am thankful that you and Rahul visited my room every night to keep me enthusiastic,having dinner together,ordering McD,KFC,Taco... :P

ian

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 01:28:31 AM »

Greetings Ian

Hope all is well. I wanted to ask if you could do your cost break down and share your experience of first couple of days right after surgery! Ps I am following your diary closely so I hope you will continue to constantly update us !

Thanks

Thanks for the wishes.
Sorry for not updating for a long.I was in bad pain in the last days of lengthening.Now my frames are removed,I am almost relaxed.
The cost of surgery is 7 lakh INR for Indians this includes three months of accommodation.The same for a foreigner is 15000 USD.The difference is because the hospital chargers are more for foreigners.
Cost also depends on the method you choose,it would be more for internal.Recently,Dr.Sarin has performed hydraulic internal tibia surgery.I believe this is one of the first kind in the world.So it is always better to ask the doctor for the cost.
In the coming days I would try to share more my experience including the first few days after the surgery.

jfk

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

Thanks for the wishes.
Sorry for not updating for a long.I was in bad pain in the last days of lengthening.Now my frames are removed,I am almost relaxed.
The cost of surgery is 7 lakh INR for Indians this includes three months of accommodation.The same for a foreigner is 15000 USD.The difference is because the hospital chargers are more for foreigners.
Cost also depends on the method you choose,it would be more for internal.Recently,Dr.Sarin has performed hydraulic internal tibia surgery.I believe this is one of the first kind in the world.So it is always better to ask the doctor for the cost.
In the coming days I would try to share more my experience including the first few days after the surgery.

Why would the hospital charges be more for foreigners? That doesnt make sense. The truth is they know that international patients have more money so they ask for more. This is fraud in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up