Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there any doctors with an affordable deal for a one inch gain  (Read 11224 times)

jamesizu

Funny how I initially came to this forum with the hopes of gaining six inches. Then four. And now only two. I want to add one inch to my tibia. And one inch to my femur. Of course both at different times. With shoes that add an inch, I'll be a total of 3 inches taller. I'll be 5'11 :)

Now, my problem is that most doctors have a set price, regardless of how much you are adding. Is there a doctor with a "pay per inch" system? Ex. to gain 3 inches would cost 30,000 dollars. But to gain 1 inch would cost 10,000. You get it? Thanks. And Merry...late..Christmas.. Haha

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Are there any doctors with an affordable deal for a one inch gain
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »

Dr. Arshak Mirzoyan at Yerevan Center of Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction in Yerevan, Armenia charges per centimeter.

http://www.ycllr.org/index.html

Last I heard it was $1,300 per centimeter but that may have changed. Keep in mind that some people have had really bad experiences with Dr. Mirzoyan, like Craig from old forum . Although before that there were successful cases from him. Maybe some others here know of other doctors that charge per cm. Good luck in your search.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BilateralDamage

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »

Expenses don't come from the amount of lengthening you do.  Expenses come from the hospital fees for the surgery, doctor fees, cost of the nail or fixator you use, the amount of days you stay in a hospital bed, physical therapy afterwards, x-rays and followups, eventual removal of the nail/fixator, complication fees, transportation, living costs, etc.  You may only choose to lengthen 1 inch, but that doesn't deduct much from the total expense as the bulk of what you're paying for comes from the surgery, doctor, and hospital fees.

I'm glad that you're thinking about this more realistically now, but I don't think going through this entire procedure and risking severe complications is worth 1 inch.  Also, I'd much more recommend you only stick to one surgery than lengthening both segments if you were going to do a small amount of lengthening anyways.

jamesizu

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »

I'm going for proportion. So getting one inch on both segments will, in my mind, be proportionate/perfect. I have slight OCD. Like, seriously. I HAVE ocd. I overcame most of it. Still some tendencies, though. ANYWHO.. If I were to get 2 inches increased on one segment, the healing time would, without a doubt, be twice as long.

If I get one inch, my stay will be shorter, I'll have less complications due to the small increase, and my body won't be going through a huge change of a 5 cm+ procedure. No?

2.5 cm is safe and shorter. I just need to find a doctor who will have an according price. I'm probably going to end up going to Armenia. IF...I even get this surgery, of which I am going to be saving up for in the next two years.

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »

If you really think 1inch is worth it then do external only so your knees won't go through the trauma of IM-nail insertion.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »

Dr. Arshak Mirzoyan at Yerevan Center of Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction in Yerevan, Armenia charges per centimeter.

http://www.ycllr.org/index.html

Last I heard it was $1,300 per centimeter but that may have changed. Keep in mind that some people have had really bad experiences with Dr. Mirzoyan, like Craig from old forum . Although before that there were successful cases from him. Maybe some others here know of other doctors that charge per cm. Good luck in your search.

This is misinformation.  Craig was butchered by some dr. In the middle east and dr. Mirzoyan saved him. Go back and read again. I did an email consultation with him but wouldn't budge on price.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »

Chinese patients pay by the centimeter at the Beijing institute.  You could try emailing Wang Bei and telling her you don't want one of the foreigner packages, that you want to be on a Chinese patient type of payment schedule.

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »

This is misinformation.  Craig was butchered by some dr. In the middle east and dr. Mirzoyan saved him. Go back and read again. I did an email consultation with him but wouldn't budge on price.

I have met Craig and he got messed up in Lebanon AND Armenia. Mirzoyan also lied to him several times.
In the end Dr Sarin saved him.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

jamesizu

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »

Thanks guys. And just to be clear. I'd be gaining TWO inches in the long run. I'd just gain one inch at a time on both segments. And don't forget the shoes that will add an additional inch.

3 inches total guys. Haha

Adriano

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »

Everyone wears shoes. We all gain close to an inch from the shoes we wear so i dont see why you are making it out like the height you gain from shoes makes u taller than people around you.

Some how u r using the height gain from shoes to justify breaking 4 bones to gain only 2 inches. You know that it is not worth the time/money and health risks so you r tricking yourself into thinking that that you will be gaining 3 inches because u know in ur head that 2 inches is not worth all that trouble.

jamesizu

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »

Most of my life I've worn flat shoes that add no additional height. Recently I bought some work shoes for my job that add an inch. I was shocked at how much taller I was. Before my coworker looked down at me slightly. Bow we're the same. If an inch can do that much. Imagine two inches. I'll be 5'10 and my proportions will be amazing. Before you guys were saying I was being unrealistic with my goal of six inches, now I'm not gaining enough. Can't win I suppose. This surgery is very controversial in the first place. That's the reason I'm saving up for two years so I can really think about it. And if this surgery is to make me happy, maybe I'll be happy with gaining two inches.

I'm also thinking about the healing time and the shock my body goes through. The less, the better. But once again, I can't win if I want everyone to agree with me.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 10:56:37 PM »

Everyone wears shoes. We all gain close to an inch from the shoes we wear so i dont see why you are making it out like the height you gain from shoes makes u taller than people around you.

Some how u r using the height gain from shoes to justify breaking 4 bones to gain only 2 inches. You know that it is not worth the time/money and health risks so you r tricking yourself into thinking that that you will be gaining 3 inches because u know in ur head that 2 inches is not worth all that trouble.

This.  It's a stupid idea to divide 2 inches between breaking your femurs, tibae, and fibiae.  You're underestimating how much pain and time goes into healing bones.  1 surgery for 2 inches is a much better idea, and I'm highly doubtful that your OCD would actually come into play once you get used to your proportions.

jamesizu

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 11:05:54 PM »

Okay guys. I'm doing this in two years. Its just an idea. After 24 months of thinking about this I may not even go through with my "stupid idea". Thanks everyone for the info on the doctors.

PEACE! I'm out

jamesizu

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »

P.S.

After overcoming my urge to turn the light switch off and on 30 times just to make sure I turned it off, I'm checking to see of I flushed the toilet 25 times to make sure I flushed it, I doubt that I wouldn't be bothered by my proportions.

This is a limb lengthening forum. PLEASE do not give me a diagnosis or tell me how my ocd works. No hard feelings. You just got pretty personal with that statement.

Okay, bye for real :)

BilateralDamage

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »

I'm not telling you how your OCD will work.  It just doesn't seem likely that your OCD would apply to any parts of your body being out of proportion.  Your body has been growing and changing your whole life, are you telling me your OCD bothers you when your body changes even slightly?  When you become more muscular?  When you get fatter/skinnier?

jamesizu

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »

I know what your saying. But I know my mind. I know how it works. It would take too long to explain the reason why it would bother me.

But seriously, I'm not upset :) friends?

BilateralDamage

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 12:05:49 AM »

We're all friends here.  :)

That's why everyone challenges each other and argues here, it's because we're all looking out for each other and only want everyone to do what's best for them.  If there was no arguing, that would be a scary day.  SysOp/Apo would be in power and everyone would be crippled.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »

I can definitely relate to only wanting a small increase, a single inch can do a lot, especially when your starting height is in that "zone" between short and average height. So by the logic that one inch doesnt do anything then these shoes like Airmax would be useless, but a LOT of people use them for their height increase, which would be about one inch more than regular shoes.

I already decided that i want to do 4 cms externals on my tibias in Armenia with DR mirzoyan. I read the diary with Craig when he employed Mirzoyan, and while he was lied to and that is awful, i still feel that the reason it went bad was because his surgery was very complicated compared to most others. Its no excuse but i have a feeling it wont be an issue when doing a more simple procedure like a one inch increase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up