Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi everyone.  (Read 7722 times)

K01

• Visitor
Hi everyone.
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »

Hi everyone. This is my first topic on the forum, so I'll say something about me: I'm 21, 168 cm, italian living in London. I've been dreaming about limb lenghtening since I've heard of it for the first time a few years ago.

When I was 14, I was always a good subject for jokes due to my height. Destiny wanted me to have taller friends than me, every single one, making me feeling sad and inferior. And, funny thing, nature gave me a nice body and a cute face. I won't bother you listing all the times that girls said to me "You're good looking, but you would be VERY good looking with a few cm more!".

happens, bitch.

Increasing my height would mean changing my life. My height dysphoria has now got to the maximum level. I can't focus on anything anymore. I can't work properly, I can't do sports, I can't play games.

I can't  even go out anymore without wearing lifts. They're now part of my life. I don't even walk at home barefoot. I feel so damn inferior without those 4 or 5 cm that I gain with lifts. And I felt so good the first time I went back home wearing them. I felt more admirated, more powerful. People looked at me in a different way. I had so much more confidence. I felt invicible.

I would probably never have the money to afford the surgery. I live in London, I'm paid minimum wage, and I got no one who could help me with the money. Friends are not friends anymore when it comes to money, and family... Well, I never got along with them.
So yeah, I basically work to pay rent, transports and food. No space for LL, bro.

But what else have I got, apart from dreaming? It keeps me alive. With all the   I've been through, it's the only thing that can make me feel a little happier.

So yeah, even if I will never get the surgery, I'll follow you guys on this forum. Maybe I'll win the lottery one day. Who knows?

See you around.

Uppland

Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »

Lower your living standards and move to Norway or Switzerland, you'll have a lot of purchasing power from the wages there.

K01

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:53:38 PM »

Lower your living standards and move to Norway or Switzerland, you'll have a lot of purchasing power from the wages there.
Lower my living standards? I work 45 hours per week, sometimes 50. I live in a shared house with 6 people that I don't even know, and all I have is a single bedroom and a toilet. I spent my spare time locked in my room, watching some movie or stuff like that. I eat cheap stuff. I never hang out with friends. What should I lower?

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »

Lower my living standards? I work 45 hours per week, sometimes 50. I live in a shared house with 6 people that I don't even know, and all I have is a single bedroom and a toilet. I spent my spare time locked in my room, watching some movie or stuff like that. I eat cheap stuff. I never hang out with friends. What should I lower?

I see, well then you'll have to increase your earnings. Unfortunately there is no easy way of doing so, however a good way to start would be to get a university education that will make you more attractive to a potential employer. This will take you a few years and of course accomodation and such will cost you money.

Here in Sweden university education is free for all EU citizens, explore the possibility of applying for the engineer program as that is very much in demand. Of course it's an expensive country and with the current housing shortage it won't be easy to find affordable living. If you manage to become a swedish civil engineer you'll make good money though and the banks will allow you a low-interest loan that you can pay off as a taller man.

But what do I know? I'm just a teenager.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 07:10:01 PM »

Maybe Sweden should stop importing refugee seekers if they have housing shortage.  ;D
I've got to do what I've got to do.

YellowSpike

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 07:51:57 PM »

I find this hard to believe sometimes. I will say you are wise beyond your years.

endomorphisme

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »

a teenager? Isn't 18 years old considered as adult in Sweden ?
Anywayn when will you do ll uppland?You have posted a thousand messages, are going to spend the next 10 years on this forum lol?

K01

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

I see, well then you'll have to increase your earnings. Unfortunately there is no easy way of doing so, however a good way to start would be to get a university education that will make you more attractive to a potential employer. This will take you a few years and of course accomodation and such will cost you money.

Here in Sweden university education is free for all EU citizens, explore the possibility of applying for the engineer program as that is very much in demand. Of course it's an expensive country and with the current housing shortage it won't be easy to find affordable living. If you manage to become a swedish civil engineer you'll make good money though and the banks will allow you a low-interest loan that you can pay off as a taller man.

I've considered moving in Sweden to apply for university many times, but there's only one problem: the language.
Even though there are many courses in English and every single person in Sweden speaks English, I can't really get a job without knowing Swedish. Therefore, I couldn't make a living.

I'm considering Switzerland, since I'm a native Italian speaker.

Anyway, reading about Russia is giving me a little hope. It seems to be much cheaper than the average. I'll keep searching for info.

I might even think about asking for a loan.

YellowSpike

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »

Anywayn when will you do ll uppland?You have posted a thousand messages, are going to spend the next 10 years on this forum lol?

Hey! Our favorite Scrooge McDuck can stay as long as he wants, even if he does LL when he's 100!!!  ;D

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »

I've considered moving in Sweden to apply for university many times, but there's only one problem: the language.
Even though there are many courses in English and every single person in Sweden speaks English, I can't really get a job without knowing Swedish. Therefore, I couldn't make a living.

Anyway, reading about Russia is giving me a little hope. It seems to be much cheaper than the average. I'll keep searching for info.

are you sure?
I'm studying engineering, i would like to work in the petroleum industry, in norway, i know someone who moved to Norway and he cannot speak a word of norvegian, but he is acually learning it, however it did not prevent him from having a good job

K01

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 08:16:04 PM »

are you sure?
I'm studying engineering, i would like to work in the petroleum industry, in norway, i know someone who moved to Norway and he cannot speak a word of norvegian, but he is acually learning it, however it did not prevent him from having a good job
It's much different if you go there having a degree already and being qualified in something.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »

It's much different if you go there having a degree already and being qualified in something.

yeah sorry, i thought you wanted to work and not to study

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »

A teenager is someone withn the spectrum of 13 and 19 years of age, hence the inclusion of "teen", I am of legal age if that's what you're asking.

I'm not even sure if I will do the surgery at all thus I post a lot here to learn more and make up my mind. I will speak to both a psychiatrist and my parents before I eventually decide if I'm actually going for it or not. I think I will but who can say? A year ago I didn't even know the surgery existed. Do you know what you're getting into? Surely you understand that this may permanently damage your body in ways that cannot be repaired or changed, ever.

Well, you might have to stay for the long run I guess, although I don't think the language problem is as much of an issue as one might think. Certain sectors are more foreign friendly than others, if you want to become a doctor you might need to speak swedish but as an engineer you will do fine with just English, eventually you'll pick it up. There are plenty of Italian migrant workers here already and they have all done fine for themselves.

Switzerland is also an option of course and as for your asylum comment: SwedenYes huh?

-Edit. Actually a construction or design company could be perfect for you as they often operate overseas. Might I propose the city of Malmö? It is just 20 minutes away from Copenhagen which houses many great architecture firms with an international profile, danes and swedes sometimes have trouble understanding each other and sometimes communicate in english as much as swedish/danish. Malmö is also experiencing a counstruction boom so there is plenty of money to be made.

Here's what it looks like

A typical residential building for students where you might live:

The university where you might study:

And you'll just go over this bridge to get to copenhagen, it's very close.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:21:49 PM by Uppland »

K01

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:19 AM »

Well, you might have to stay for the long run I guess, although I don't think the language problem is as much of an issue as one might think. Certain sectors are more foreign friendly than others, if you want to become a doctor you might need to speak swedish but as an engineer you will do fine with just English, eventually you'll pick it up. There are plenty of Italian migrant workers here already and they have all done fine for themselves.

Switzerland is also an option of course and as for your asylum comment: SwedenYes huh?

Yes, ok. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think I'll be able to find a classic student job (bartender, waiter etc.) without speaking Swedish. I'd need a job to live while studying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up