Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LATN on Tibiae - Journey - Dr Singh  (Read 19271 times)

OregonMade

Re: LATN on Tibiae - Journey - Dr Singh
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:37 AM »

Another Limb Lengthening patient taught me this trick.  If you put a pillow under your legs at night, and bend your legs outward slightly kind of like doing a butterfly stretch then that will take the pressure off the knees.  They say you are supposed to sleep straight legged, but when ever I did that I would just get horrible muscle spasms to the point where I would clenched my legs so tight right as I was about to dose off, and i would experience the most horrible pain at the point where the bone broke.   It became between a decision of sleeping and healing or not sleeping but having straight legs. lol

It must be by nerves, try to eat salmon and similar fishes rich in oil. Some LLs told me they take "alarerv", Every day I take one pill.

stillsmall

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »

Another Limb Lengthening patient taught me this trick.  If you put a pillow under your legs at night, and bend your legs outward slightly kind of like doing a butterfly stretch then that will take the pressure off the knees.  They say you are supposed to sleep straight legged, but when ever I did that I would just get horrible muscle spasms to the point where I would clenched my legs so tight right as I was about to dose off, and i would experience the most horrible pain at the point where the bone broke.   It became between a decision of sleeping and healing or not sleeping but having straight legs. lol

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion but thing is, it's much difficult for me to bend both knees when I'm asleep so I usually just bend whichever leg that doesn't hurt and the other leg would be straight.
Starting height: 139cm, first surgery (04/02/2016)
Final height: 145.7/146cm - after internal nailing (29/08/2016)

soshinyrs

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 06:59:30 AM »

Quick question, How long did it take you to get the surgery set up after a consultation? I'm looking to get surgery over the summer by i don't know if It's too late to get a surgery by then

stillsmall

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »

Quick question, How long did it take you to get the surgery set up after a consultation? I'm looking to get surgery over the summer by i don't know if It's too late to get a surgery by then

Hello, I had the surgery done about 2 weeks after the consultation.

stillsmall

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »

Hey guys, sorry for not updating in a long time. I am now at 5cms on my tibiae! 2.5 cms left to lengthen. However, I've had troubles with ballerina foot and is now making me a little difficult to walk. Sigh. Will update more soon.

stillsmall

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for never updating this forum but my progress seems to be okay only I have ballerina foot now and trying to work on it. I'm going to stop lengthening in 2 weeks time and will have my fixators off next month and have the IM rod nailed into my tibia.

Anyways, I will be having an off time from this forum for awhile.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »

Why did you choose LATN in tibia instead of femur like bluebarbie? Was it because it was less painful? Or was it better proportion-wise?
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

stillsmall

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »

Why did you choose LATN in tibia instead of femur like bluebarbie? Was it because it was less painful? Or was it better proportion-wise?

Hi. I chose LATN on tibia because my tibias were shorter than my femurs. So yeah, basically it was about proportion because it would've been awkward if I did my femurs.

ub40

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2016, 07:18:42 PM »

Can you tell us why you chose latn instead of lon?

How's everything going so far?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

stillsmall

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »

Can you tell us why you chose latn instead of lon?

How's everything going so far?

Chose LATN over LON because this was suitable for my tibias as my bones were small so I couldn't have the nail in my tibias during the lengthening. Everything's going good so far, going to take my fixators off in a couple of weeks!

stillsmall

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 04:14:06 AM »

Hi guys, I just wanna know how long did it take for ballerina and bent knees to recover after removing the external fixators? My ballerina just sucks right now and LITERALLY walking on my tiptoes. Only 18 days left for me until I get my ex fix off.

stillsmall

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2016, 11:55:22 PM »

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that my fixators are off. Feels a lot better now. Will update more, soon.

ub40

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that my fixators are off. Feels a lot better now. Will update more, soon.

Congrats leemry how's the ballerina issue?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

stillsmall

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:52 AM »

Congrats leemry how's the ballerina issue?

Still there but I was told to just exercise to let it go off on its own. I lengthened about 6cms after the internal nailing.

stillsmall

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 02:01:15 AM »

Hello! It has been approximately 2 months after my internal nailing. My legs are getting stronger everyday but still working on my ballerina foot on my right leg (slowly going down though). I am now able to do full weightbearing with crutches. Cannot wait to get back to normal walking!!

sashawiak

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2016, 02:17:04 AM »

Congratulations ;D How many cms is your ballerina now? Hopefully you'll be completely rid of it soon.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2016, 02:49:17 AM »

That's awesome to hear. Your very close. Dr. LON did 6cm as well (from old forum )  and he can walk without supports now 3 months after lengthening so your very close to ditching those crutches! Keep it up and let us know when you ditch those supports!

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2016, 10:34:22 PM »

Were you born with dwarfism or did you naturally reach that height, if you don't mind me asking?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

fujitora

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:32 PM »

Hello! It has been approximately 2 months after my internal nailing. My legs are getting stronger everyday but still working on my ballerina foot on my right leg (slowly going down though). I am now able to do full weightbearing with crutches. Cannot wait to get back to normal walking!!
Hey Stillsmall -

Here are some exercises that worked well for me to reduce the ballerina and knee bending.

1)Knee Bending -
Put on ankle weights (start with 1 Kg and go upto 2Kg), sleep on your belly with Knees just below the edge of your bed and dangle your legs in air.  Fold your leg near the knee and then straighten it back. Keep doing it alternatively with each leg, as many as you can.

2)Ballerina -
Wear ankle weights(2 Kg or more if you can) when you walk or stand. I'd say first focus on standing for long hours with ankle weights and get your heels grounded. Then wait for your calf to relax in that position. You would know it when your toes stop pushing against the ground. Once your calf is relaxed, walk for some time (on your heels and not on toes) and then get back to standing. You'd notice that your heel goes back in the air after few mins of walking. So you do the this multiple times and over a period it gets better.

Good luck, You're a brave girl. I hope you feel content now and wish you a quick and safe recovery.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

stillsmall

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:36 AM »

Were you born with dwarfism or did you naturally reach that height, if you don't mind me asking?

I wasn't and did not have dwarfism to begin with. I just stopped growing at 139cm.

stillsmall

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 07:32:43 AM »

Hey Stillsmall -

Here are some exercises that worked well for me to reduce the ballerina and knee bending.

1)Knee Bending -
Put on ankle weights (start with 1 Kg and go upto 2Kg), sleep on your belly with Knees just below the edge of your bed and dangle your legs in air.  Fold your leg near the knee and then straighten it back. Keep doing it alternatively with each leg, as many as you can.

2)Ballerina -
Wear ankle weights(2 Kg or more if you can) when you walk or stand. I'd say first focus on standing for long hours with ankle weights and get your heels grounded. Then wait for your calf to relax in that position. You would know it when your toes stop pushing against the ground. Once your calf is relaxed, walk for some time (on your heels and not on toes) and then get back to standing. You'd notice that your heel goes back in the air after few mins of walking. So you do the this multiple times and over a period it gets better.

Good luck, You're a brave girl. I hope you feel content now and wish you a quick and safe recovery.

Hello! Thanks for the tips. I am currently using 4kg of ankle weights on each leg as of now and might have to use more than that now since it's too light for me already!

stillsmall

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42:20 AM »

Hello all 😊 Just wanted to update on my current progress. My right knee is now finally straight and my ballerina foot has reduced a lot. In fact, my foot can reach the ground already! I am still on crutches but only using it for long distances. I'm able to walk short distances and around the house without them. This is all due to physio and self effort! (I still have a slight limp when I walk, that's just a sign I need to do more strengthening exercises)

TrueSpartan

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »

Hey stillsmall,

Thank you for your update. When you walk short distances, is the limp noticeable?

Thanks

stillsmall

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 02:10:25 AM »

Yes, it is. But not that bad.

stillsmall

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »

Wow. It has been almost a month after letting go of the crutches and now walking like normal. I still do PT but now it's all about improving my balance and stretching out my calves and right ankle.

A quick question to anybody who has done LATN, do you still experience pains on your knees? Especially the screws because my knees feel locked after sitting for a long period of time.

want2btall

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2017, 05:43:27 AM »

Hi, can i know are you doing both legs at the same time or each leg at a time?

onemorefoot

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2017, 04:29:13 AM »

Which os the cost of LATN procedure?
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up