Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal Femurs with Dr Baumgart / Fitbone  (Read 32264 times)

Aturro

Re: Internal Femurs with Dr Baumgart / Fitbone
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »

I hope it won't be a permanent problem, that would ruin the whole effort

the pain came gradually over the last 2 weeks of lengthening. I think it got worse because I lengthened quite fast the last couple of days. I should have paused but wanted to get over with it. that was a mistake.

Baumgart is totally relaxed, told me today that I should just wait and the pain will subside. Thats not really helpful but I guess I need to be patient now. The Pregabalin helps to get through the days...but no improvement at all so far...

AimHigh

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »

Hi Aturro,
I had 5.7 cm RFemur lengthening with fitbone mid march 2015 - strangely it was the front of my Right lower limb (prob 150 cm2 area) that initially (2-3 months) felt "on Fire", and later over the last year has slowly subsided to a somtetimes annoying/distracting "itchy" feeling. I am pretty good now (no drugs), but it is still there in the background and can flair up (but not to bad).
Initially (first two months) I tried Pregabilin (150 mg/day) - this did help a bit.
I hope your pain also fades. 
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Aturro

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »

Hi AimHigh,

thanks for the feedback! I am in week four now and the pain is still the same, extremely annoying. Good to hear that it subsided for you after all. 2-3 months is quite a timeframe though...

I take 150mg Pregabalin which helps most of the time and allows for some sleep at night.
still kind of nerve wrecking at the moment...

Aturro

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2016, 06:22:21 AM »

by the way, does anyone know why this nerve pain actually happens?
is it because the nerves are stretched to their limits or is it because they are damaged and need to regrow? any other ideas?

thanks

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »

by the way, does anyone know why this nerve pain actually happens?
is it because the nerves are stretched to their limits or is it because they are damaged and need to regrow? any other ideas?

thanks

I would have liked to have seen the results of this diary as there aren't many Baumgart diaries at all. Hopefully Aturro can chime in sometime and update us on his progress.

lilyxiaoxiaomi

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »

Hi Aturro:

You are very and very stong and courageous.  i am always watching your diaries in a couple of days, i hope to hear good news from you. The journal for me just like having the feeling of reborn.  i  i am always shy of my height when i grow up, it is only 153.5cm(my dream heigh is increase to  6.5- 7 cm). i want become to a normal heigh woman(standrad heigh:160cm)
     I also want to find the Dr  Baumgart for the imternal femurs of surgery. i try to prepear for making a lot of money for the surgery. i am thirty-seven(37), but i am afraid of my age.
      Do you see the other ages of some patients like me in Dr baumgart's hopital for limb lengthening? do you see some girls do the surgery in Dr baumgart's hopital?  From your diaries, i can feel the pains that result in can't sleep at night. How much pain  a girl can endure? I am so worried.

onemorefoot

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »

Pain should be your last concern, cognitive Dysfunction after surgery is the worst!!
Budget will determine my future.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »

Isn't cognitive dysfunction after surgery only transient ? It won't interfeer with your surgery as much as pain does. Also it's more common in elderly people with preexistent conditions and with heart surgery
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Body Builder

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2017, 07:11:31 PM »

Pain should be your last concern, cognitive Dysfunction after surgery is the worst!!
This is maybe your worst fear.
The most serious risks of LL is embolism and infections. The first may lead to death while the second to amputation in very rare cases.
Both can most of the times be prevented.

So Lilxiaomi stick to these which are what doctors say about LL and not to what fear anyone here has in his head.

And being a woman at this age make the whole situation more difficult because bone growth won't be veey strong and fast and it may lead to non union which is another risk with LL.
So think again about this procedure.
You won't gain much as you are not young (especially for a woman) and also height doesn't matter for women but you may lose a lot.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »

This is maybe your worst fear.
The most serious risks of LL is embolism and infections. The first may lead to death while the second to amputation in very rare cases.
Both can most of the times be prevented.

So Lilxiaomi stick to these which are what doctors say about LL and not to what fear anyone here has in his head.

And being a woman at this age make the whole situation more difficult because bone growth won't be veey strong and fast and it may lead to non union which is another risk with LL.
So think again about this procedure.
You won't gain much as you are not young (especially for a woman) and also height doesn't matter for women but you may lose a lot.

Solid advice. Factors for non union: Asian, women, age, smoking, pre existent conditions (diabetes, aterosclerosis) and lack of physical activity. In the worst cases, some fractures take years to heal (even if there is no distraction) and depending on the nail there might not be weight bearing (stuck in a wheelchair until healing occurs. Be very careful.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »

Isn't cognitive dysfunction after surgery only transient ? It won't interfeer with your surgery as much as pain does. Also it's more common in elderly people with preexistent conditions and with heart surgery
Cognitive Dysfunction can be for all your life And yes happens more in old guys but can happen to whoever  You can be of the Lucky group ir not, impossible to say. In Young people GENERALLY doesnt last more than there months, it shouldnt be just my worst fear should be of the majority, because has unknown causes And is impossible to prevent. Fat And infections are very known and can be fixed, in case of fat with INRA And infections with internals are rare.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:58 PM »

I hope your name isn't true and you don't plan to lengthen one more foot because if that is the case you have a LOT more things to worry. Maybe you can ask for epidural anesthesia which avoids the use of general anesthesia thus preventing this complication
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 08:30:19 PM »

Hahaha, 30 cm,  I am not Apotheosis dont worry. So epidural prevents this?

lilyxiaoxiaomi

• Visitor
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »

Dear all guys:

Thanks your advice. Tell about my situation: i never go smoking, i do some yoga excrises per week. i have no high blood pressure,my weight is 52kg, i know the Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr.peny can weight 60kg. So, i think i can do surgery about Guichet's nail or fitbone or precice 2 according my situation.
    so, i have a question,  the non-union is not happened in gerenally according my sitation,is it?

onemorefoot

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

Dear all guys:

Thanks your advice. Tell about my situation: i never go smoking, i do some yoga excrises per week. i have no high blood pressure,my weight is 52kg, i know the Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr.peny can weight 60kg. So, i think i can do surgery about Guichet's nail or fitbone or precice 2 according my situation.
    so, i have a question,  the non-union is not happened in gerenally according my sitation,is it?
Nobody can predict non union, but in your case is not very probable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up