Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I will indeed go for forearm lengthening  (Read 11265 times)

LittleWhiteMan

5'1", 100 lbs

FutureLengthener

Re: I will indeed go for forearm lengthening
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:35:49 AM »

Your forearm doesnt look that short anyway. Is this to compliment an LL you plan to do? Which doctor? This would definitely be an interesting journal!

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »

You shouldn't rush it. You lengthen one leg segment first, then another, then your humerus. Forearm lengthening is the last surgery you should consider, though my Dr. and Dr. Solomin have mostly positive outcomes, but restoring hand rotational abilities takes at least an year after frame removal. It's easy to let the thoughts gather up and put you down, I've learned that you should only plan one step ahead of you, not everything at the same time.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »

Your forearm doesnt look that short anyway. Is this to compliment an LL you plan to do? Which doctor? This would definitely be an interesting journal!
My arms are 9 inch long watchu mean
5'1", 100 lbs

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:02:26 AM »

My arms are about the same length.  I don't think you need to do it.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 05:28:47 AM »

Those are one hell of fore arms bro!! Keeping in mind that you are just 5'1.i recommend u do just 6 inches of lengthening max which is a goood. Height for a guy even in america if u have charming looks!!
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

Taller

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »

My forearm bones are over a foot long each and they are slightly shorter than my humerus. I am almost 178CM.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »

My forearm bones are over a foot long each and they are slightly shorter than my humerus. I am almost 178CM.
See...
5'1", 100 lbs

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »

My arms are about the same length.  I don't think you need to do it.
Any cm makes a noticeable difference on someone's forearms. Forearms are mostly around 11-12 inches and you can pretty much tell when someone has short or long arms even if it is by a centimeter difference.
5'1", 100 lbs

Taller

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »

Nobody has done cosmetic forearm lengthening before.

NewHeights

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 01:16:36 PM »

Forearm lengthening is very stupid IMO. Would you want to not have the full use of both of your arms for months? Not having use of legs is bad enough, but arms are much worse. The structure and mechanics of the wrist, hand, and forearms are also much more complicated than those of the legs, and I would imagine there would be a high rate of complications. I would never want to mess with the forearms.

Humerus lengthening is fine though, as the structure of that part of the arm is more simple, and lengthening will not affect daily life as much as forearm lengthening.

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

KrP1

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »

you need to focus on one LL surgery, do it and then think in another leg lengthening surgery if you want more, all goes step by step. The final step could be arm lengthening but maybe you dont need it if you do 10cm in total

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »

Forearm lengthening is very stupid IMO. Would you want to not have the full use of both of your arms for months? Not having use of legs is bad enough, but arms are much worse. The structure and mechanics of the wrist, hand, and forearms are also much more complicated than those of the legs, and I would imagine there would be a high rate of complications. I would never want to mess with the forearms.

Humerus lengthening is fine though, as the structure of that part of the arm is more simple, and lengthening will not affect daily life as much as forearm lengthening.
Arm lengthening and this applies also to forearm lengthening, is still easier to tolerate than LL, as you get to keep your walking ability. Which means you're able to move rather freely. Also, from the paper by Dr. Solomin and Dr. Kulesh about forearm lengthening I've read that their FL patients have about 45 degrees of hand rotation straight after the surgery. And considering that you'd rarely want to lengthen more than 3.5 cm on any of your arm segments, you won't have to wear the externals for too long. It's a valid option.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

heightangel

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Arm lengthening only at the end and only if very necessary!

Taller

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »

Exilde, are you still going to try forearm lengthening?

Overdozer

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »

Exilde, are you still going to try forearm lengthening?
Most likely not. I'll do humerus that's for sure. But I'd rather not touch my forearms. I've wasted too much time as is, can't afford another full year just for FL.

heightangel

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:29 PM »

Most likely not. I'll do humerus that's for sure. But I'd rather not touch my forearms. I've wasted too much time as is, can't afford another full year just for FL.

Wise decision, bro.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »

I will most likely do forearm lengthening as mine are only 9 inches long. Sitting height does not matter in real life as I have two friends who are literally my sitting height and they are both 6ft3, but they both have long arms and forearms which is how you can just tell they are tall. And only lengthening the upper arm will literally make you look like a freak unless they are already short to begin with. if your wingspan is shorter than your height by anymore than 7cm you need AL IMO. Time would not be my issue as long as the surgery is a success. I am pretty sure there have been many patients who have had FL done, they're just not on these forums. Only about 5% of LL patients are probably on this forum lol

Sanity

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 02:57:39 AM »

The 5'1 guy wants forearm lengthening has the same forearm length as me and im 5'8. Wats happening ppl
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up