Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 242496 times)

TheLichKing

Re: DoingItForMe's Precice 2 Internal Femurs with Dr. Paley
« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »

Great diary bro. I'm on page 5 and will read the rest consistently. I'm sorry that your girlfriend had to break up with you, with whom you had a long-term relationship but also really glad that the surgery was ultimately worth it for you in the end since it solved psychological confusions. You were at great hands (Dr. Paley).

One thing I'm curious about (apologies if you already clarified); I notice you mention your pre-post op height 5'6->5'9 but initially stated 5'5->5'8?
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

DoingItForMe

« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

Great diary bro. I'm on page 5 and will read the rest consistently. I'm sorry that your girlfriend had to break up with you, with whom you had a long-term relationship but also really glad that the surgery was ultimately worth it for you in the end since it solved psychological confusions. You were at great hands (Dr. Paley).

One thing I'm curious about (apologies if you already clarified); I notice you mention your pre-post op height 5'6->5'9 but initially stated 5'5->5'8?
When at the Paley office for the consultation, they measured me shorter. It was in the afternoon, they also slammed the bar on my head so that I had to shrink my neck a bit. They told me that I was 5'5", which was weird because my driver license says 5'6". Anyway so I assumed that I shrunk and that my final height would be 5'8". But after the whole surgery was finished, I got remeasured at my local doctor's office, and I'm actually a little below 5'9" now - taken in the morning. It was like 174.6 cm or something like that. Now that I think about it, I think Dr. Paley's office did that to make me think that I was actually shorter than I actually was as part of their sales pitch. Their consultation felt very much like a sales pitch - like making me stand on wooden shoes to "see what it's like to be 8 cm taller".
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #529 on: February 04, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »

I see the misunderstanding here. When I say I'm single, it doesn't mean that I'm lonely and no girl is dating me. It means that I'm seeing several girls at once, and I haven't entered an exclusive relationship to any of them yet. I'm still playing the field because being a 5'9" young millionaire means that I get a new date request every few hours. And yes, a few of them are taller than my previous height, so I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have dated me at 5'6". I'm sorry if that statement feeds anyone's height neurosis and inner bully. This is why I didn't want to mention it in my previous posts, and just left it at "I'm single".

So, I am very much over my ex. We broke up 2 years ago! I only mentioned her because I was curious if she broke up with me because of the surgery, and she confirmed it recently. I was only telling that story as a cautionary tale that the surgery might backfire (weird gait/disproportions with tibs/femur), and not because I miss her or regret the surgery.

Of course, everyone needs a little validation every now and then. But I'm saying that I don't think I need my height to feel validated. I am validated for my many many other accomplishments. So I'm saying that this surgery wasn't necessary. Yes, it sucks to be rejected for your height. I've been there. We've all been there. But you gotta learn to take rejection and not let it affect you. Just remind yourself that everyone has a type that they like, and just because you're not HER type, doesn't mean that you're a bad date. So don't beat yourself up if you are short. Now that I've been on both sides, short and normal height, I can say definitively that my happiness level remains unchanged from pre-surgery to post-surgery.

It's interesting that you say that the "high" wears off, because that's exactly what happened with my height "high". It was amazing at first to be taller, but that slowly became the norm, and that "high" is gone. If I craved more validation for my looks, I'd do my tibs and become 5'11" and fix my proportions. But I don't. I'm happy with who I am, and all I'm saying is that I hope you guys get to that place, too. I will have a beer waiting for you when you get to the other side. Best of luck to all you still fighting your inner demons.

Lol now THIS is what I'm talking about! This is savage time! And yeah, I can imagine the height "high" wears off but that's something I actually wouldn't mind. That's like saying you lose the "high" from getting a bigger dck during puberty. Like well, eventually it does become normal, but if you had a 2 inch prepubescent dck for the rest of your life you'd really feel fkED.

Look dude, no one, NO ONE in public is looking at your proportions. Everyone has their own insecurities and 10,000 other thoughts on their mind. As much as I like to play devil on the shoulder, I wouldn't suggest you do tibias. Just wipe that thought out of your mind. You don't need to.

In your other post, you sounded lonely, contemplative, and even a bit regretful. You have in most updates, actually. This is the first time where it sounds like to me you are finally admitting that LL has been something positive.

Just remind yourself that everyone has a type that they like, and just because you're not HER type, doesn't mean that you're a bad date. So don't beat yourself up if you are short

I don't know man. When 99% of women prefer an average looking taller guy over an average looking shorter guy, it's not a "type" or "preferences" game anymore. This sounds like something someone not seeking to do LL would be saying.

I can say definitively that my happiness level remains unchanged from pre-surgery to post-surgery.

This seems a little dubious to me. What about your stress levels? What about just being "content"? You mean you don't feel any happiness from now being able to just approach women and not be immediately rejected? You don't feel any happiness from showing up to a corporate networking event and being treated like a normal person?

I feel like after I get LL I will wipe my fking forehead and say woo what a relief finally that was over with now I can go out in public in PEACE. I've already felt so much relief from just wearing like 1.5 inch lifts, so I can't imagine what 4 inches would do. Before meeting clients or a girl I'm legit worried about being too short. And I honestly can tell when they think I'm too short. There's a certain look you see on their face that is just so hilarious. It'd be nice to not have to worry about small things like that, that occur in nearly every aspect of adult life.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #530 on: February 04, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »

DIFM said that this surgery didnt make him happy, but rather helped him not being sad anymore... Or as he said "Nirvana".

I learned some stuff during this time

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #531 on: February 04, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

DIFM said that this surgery didnt make him happy, but rather helped him not being sad anymore... Or as he said "Nirvana".

That's just the fancy Buddhist way of saying happy. He clearly said being short made him suffer. I don't understand why this dude likes to be so dramatic and complicated. Just keep it real dude.

Rod Thick

« Reply #532 on: February 04, 2017, 10:32:07 PM »

DIFM

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just my honest opinion in an open forum.

You are in the fu*ck you stage of emotions right now. That will pass and you will re enter the why did I do this surgery, she was such a good girlfriend, i'll never find someone liker her again, blah blah bullsh*t

The truth is you're better off without that c*nt anyway. Leaving you for this surgery now is far better than marrying that wh*re and then she leaves with half your net worth in a few years. You got lucky my friend.

Your biggest mistake was lengthening 8cm on your femurs, instead of stopping around 5 or 6cm, recovering quickly, and then going back for another 4 or 5cm on your tibia's. You'd be entirely proportional, perfect gait while walking, no tightness everyday, exercising, playing sports with your friends, etc...

In the end it's your choice in lengthening amount that has hurt you the most, not your loss of a worthless c*m dumpster ex girlfriend.

If i had the money and time that you claim to have, i would simply go back and tell Paley to remove 1.5-2cm worth of length in your femurs, lengthen your tibia's 4-5cm, and meet up with this ex of yours when you're even taller than you are now, while walking perfectly and in the best shape of your life.

The winning bet in that scenario is she would be the one to want you back, but the moment you realize that she would want you back and you're not interested, that's the moment you are honestly and truly over that b*tch.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #533 on: February 04, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »

DIFM

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just my honest opinion in an open forum.

You are in the fu*ck you stage of emotions right now. That will pass and you will re enter the why did I do this surgery, she was such a good girlfriend, i'll never find someone liker her again, blah blah bullsh*t

The truth is you're better off without that c*nt anyway. Leaving you for this surgery now is far better than marrying that wh*re and then she leaves with half your net worth in a few years. You got lucky my friend.

Your biggest mistake was lengthening 8cm on your femurs, instead of stopping around 5 or 6cm, recovering quickly, and then going back for another 4 or 5cm on your tibia's. You'd be entirely proportional, perfect gait while walking, no tightness everyday, exercising, playing sports with your friends, etc...

In the end it's your choice in lengthening amount that has hurt you the most, not your loss of a worthless c*m dumpster ex girlfriend.

If i had the money and time that you claim to have, i would simply go back and tell Paley to remove 1.5-2cm worth of length in your femurs, lengthen your tibia's 4-5cm, and meet up with this ex of yours when you're even taller than you are now, while walking perfectly and in the best shape of your life.

The winning bet in that scenario is she would be the one to want you back, but the moment you realize that she would want you back and you're not interested, that's the moment you are honestly and truly over that b*tch.

Lol this guy is my inner monologue. But Rod, from seeing the way DIFM has reacted to regular LL, do you really think he would feel any better from doing what you said? He's already said that he's happy, so I feel like any more time spent in the hospital would be pointless. He's already won. Unless of course, removing length from femurs could possibly help with his union, then that would be good.

Iamready

« Reply #534 on: February 04, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

That's just the fancy Buddhist way of saying happy. He clearly said being short made him suffer. I don't understand why this dude likes to be so dramatic and complicated. Just keep it real dude.

He's not being dramatic. I think he's just expressing the truth in how he feels. And this should be a place where members feel ok doing that. I can sympathize with him; a few inches can change your body in ways that are difficult to get used to.  I had a similar issue with my arm length and I was fortunate enough to be able to deal with it. Respect to both of you and your opinions.

Rod Thick

« Reply #535 on: February 04, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »

Lol this guy is my inner monologue. But Rod, from seeing the way DIFM has reacted to regular LL, do you really think he would feel any better from doing what you said? He's already said that he's happy, so I feel like any more time spent in the hospital would be pointless. He's already won. Unless of course, removing length from femurs could possibly help with his union, then that would be good.

With all due respect to DIFM, again just my honest opinion in an open forum.

He clearly has not won. He has not won in terms of healing or recovery, and he clearly is not over his ex, despite what he says at the moment. The only way out is to finish what he started, just like anything else in life. He wanted to be taller so he needs to be taller in a way that allows for a proportional look with a full recovery.

If what he says is true about his money and lifestyle, then that is the biggest loss of all. He went from a fully functional living like a rockstar guy to a disproportional low level gimp. That needs to be corrected immediately for him to ever have any kind of real closure in life.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #536 on: February 04, 2017, 11:39:35 PM »

He's not being dramatic. I think he's just expressing the truth in how he feels. And this should be a place where members feel ok doing that. I can sympathize with him; a few inches can change your body in ways that are difficult to get used to.  I had a similar issue with my arm length and I was fortunate enough to be able to deal with it. Respect to both of you and your opinions.

You're right. I'm sorry DIFM if I came across as harsh. These diaries should serve as an honest account of how you feel at all times of the LL process. Seeing your opinion on the surgery fluctuate a little bit every update is rather, lol, unnerving, but still very valuable in knowing what to expect.

I just want the best for you man. I want you to win. I truly hope that you feel comfort in your gait and proportions, and that your recovery continues. I seriously can not BELIEVE what your ex said, having an ex say that to me would REALLY sting, and I know it would mess with me heaaavily. I seriously can't believe ANYONE would be so cruel to say something like that, knowing how much you struggled psychologically being short and then physically through the surgery. For her to be so cruel means that she must really miss you. Don't dwell on it, she probably just said that cause now you are taller and dating more women, LOL!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2017, 11:56:10 PM »

So another example of LL being just "kick in the butt" rather then pure remedy, nothing new here.

Btw if i can ask, did she say something more about whole breaking up? You know reasoning behind pointing out your surgery.

yyes

« Reply #538 on: February 05, 2017, 12:12:29 AM »

Don't dwell on it, she probably just said that cause now you are taller and dating more women, LOL!

I think he said in his last update that he has been struggling with girls didnt he?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #539 on: February 05, 2017, 12:52:29 AM »

You're right. I'm sorry DIFM if I came across as harsh. These diaries should serve as an honest account of how you feel at all times of the LL process. Seeing your opinion on the surgery fluctuate a little bit every update is rather, lol, unnerving, but still very valuable in knowing what to expect.

I just want the best for you man. I want you to win. I truly hope that you feel comfort in your gait and proportions, and that your recovery continues. I seriously can not BELIEVE what your ex said, having an ex say that to me would REALLY sting, and I know it would mess with me heaaavily. I seriously can't believe ANYONE would be so cruel to say something like that, knowing how much you struggled psychologically being short and then physically through the surgery. For her to be so cruel means that she must really miss you. Don't dwell on it, she probably just said that cause now you are taller and dating more women, LOL!

I appreciate your support. Well yea, it was a kick in the nuts when she said that about my surgery. But I stopped caring after a while. I got all these other girls who think I'm good looking. So I'm not bothered by it as much. "On to the next one" as they say.

I think he said in his last update that he has been struggling with girls didnt he?
Nah, I've been doing fine with girls. You might have mistook what I said when I said that I've been single since the surgery. I'm single by choice because now that my dating field is much much wider, there's a lot more options now for me to choose from. And I don't want to rush into another relationship before I've played the field a bit and seen what's out there. I'm really looking forward to dating this girl who's been quietly liking all my FB and Insta photos for the past 3 years, though. She's the kind of hot girl who gets like thousands of likes whenever she posts a selfie. Anyway, she started chatting with me recently, and now we have a date coming up.
Link to my experience

yyes

« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2017, 01:12:08 AM »

I appreciate your support. Well yea, it was a kick in the nuts when she said that about my surgery. But I stopped caring after a while. I got all these other girls who think I'm good looking. So I'm not bothered by it as much. "On to the next one" as they say.
Nah, I've been doing fine with girls. You might have mistook what I said when I said that I've been single since the surgery. I'm single by choice because now that my dating field is much much wider, there's a lot more options now for me to choose from. And I don't want to rush into another relationship before I've played the field a bit and seen what's out there. I'm really looking forward to dating this girl who's been quietly liking all my FB and Insta photos for the past 3 years, though. She's the kind of hot girl who gets like thousands of likes whenever she posts a selfie. Anyway, she started chatting with me recently, and now we have a date coming up.

Yup I definitely misinterpreted it. Lol. My bad

TIBIKE200

« Reply #541 on: February 05, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »

Hey DIFM.

I am really happy with your update and how you really have "won".

I think that you should be honest with the positives that came from this surgery as well as with the negatives... I know that you want to emphasize the positives (more attention from women, more self esteem etc...) much less because you dont want to push anyone to do this surgery, but I truly believe that both negatives and positives should be stated to give a real picture of post-op life.
  Your last comments show a completely different picture than what you wrote when you first updated yesterday. The update almost seemed like your life only got worse while the last comments show the complete opposite.
  So again, in order to give a real picture, you should be honest about both negative (pain, proportions etc...) and postives (women, self image etc) in order to give a complete picture of how it really is afterwards.. In the end, one who reads your diary should be able to determine if the positives outweight the negatives or vice-versa.

Thanks for the update and I wish you a wonderful life :)

Peaceout

« Reply #542 on: February 05, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »

Seriously....
Suddenly every one became a love doctor and makes cky(no offence)comments about him and his ex,wtf?He says he is over her and i dont think he brought that up because he isnt over or something.He just says he mentioned about her before in his diary and now explaining what she said about break up.He said he just disnt get a long term relationship for a while,thats all.
Thanks for the update mr. DIFM! Will be waiting for further updates.
And good luck with that new lady who stalks you from instagram :)

Bander72

« Reply #543 on: February 05, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »

He is rich though so he might as well do the tibia surgery. I know I'd go for 10 cm in two operations if I was rich too.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

DoingItForMe

« Reply #544 on: February 05, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »

He is rich though so he might as well do the tibia surgery. I know I'd go for 10 cm in two operations if I was rich too.
Money isn't an issue. It's the time wasted that I don't like. You can always make your money back, but you don't ever get your time back. I personally would rather spend the time traveling the world (I'll explain more below).

Hey DIFM.

I am really happy with your update and how you really have "won".

I think that you should be honest with the positives that came from this surgery as well as with the negatives... I know that you want to emphasize the positives (more attention from women, more self esteem etc...) much less because you dont want to push anyone to do this surgery, but I truly believe that both negatives and positives should be stated to give a real picture of post-op life.
  Your last comments show a completely different picture than what you wrote when you first updated yesterday. The update almost seemed like your life only got worse while the last comments show the complete opposite.
  So again, in order to give a real picture, you should be honest about both negative (pain, proportions etc...) and postives (women, self image etc) in order to give a complete picture of how it really is afterwards.. In the end, one who reads your diary should be able to determine if the positives outweight the negatives or vice-versa.

Thanks for the update and I wish you a wonderful life :)
I reread my update from yesterday, and I can see where the misunderstanding is.

I was saying that I could have been all pathetic and dwell on the fact that the surgery caused me to lose my long-term gf. And I could have regretted the surgery. But I didn't, because I've moved on from this surgery and am not self-conscious about my looks anymore. My point wasn't that my life sucked after the surgery. My point was that I could keep looking for flaws with the way I look (weird gait/disproportion) and keep getting more surgery (getting to 5'11" with tibia surgery), or I can just stop all the crap and start enjoying my life. And I chose to do the latter, which is why I've been MIA from these forums for a long time. I realized that I don't have to wait to become perfect to start being happy.

To have an understanding as to why I feel that way, here's the honest truth about my dating life and life in general (pre-millionaire and pre-surgery and post- surgery). I didn't want to write about my personal life in such a public setting, but I think this is the only way to understand what LL will do for you:
As a teenaged 5'5" Asian dude:
I've been single for most of my teen years. Looking back at my high school pics, I could see why. I didn't dress well - my mom bought my clothes for me. I had bad haircuts. I was constantly depressed for this, because everyone else was dating someone and I was alone. I did become best friends with this cute girl, but she friend-zoned me for years. And then she ended up with a 5'10" guy. This was the first time I think I was rejected for being short. Her friends would laugh at me for being short. They said that I looked like a "little brother". This was when I first learned that girls liked taller guys. And it sucked because it wasn't something I had control over nor something I could change through exercise or something. It wasn't fair at all. I felt like even more crap when taller guys would make fun of my appearance. They said I had a big head but a small body and looked odd. One of my guy friends told me that it's a shame that I wasn't taller because I had a lot going for me except that I wasn't tall. I was really good at basketball but I would always get picked last anyway because of my height. All this superficial high school crap really drilled into me, and planted the seed for my eventual LL surgery. And I think this is where a lot of you can relate.

As a early-20s 5'6" Asian better-dressed dude:
After that pathetic teenage dating life, I wised up and started dressing better. I researched on men's fashion and asked girls for advice for dressing me up. I started reading books on how to attract girls. The number of girls interested in me shot up after that. It went from zero to maybe half a dozen. It's quite interesting how just getting better haircuts, wearing fitted clothes, and wearing contacts would do for your dating life. I was still the same guy underneath. I just looked different. This is where I realized that looks matter, despite all that crap that people say about how personality is what's important. Personality doesn't matter if girls reject you at first sight.

This was before online-dating was popular, so I only met girls through friends or school. There was this 5'5" asian girl who was really hot. She said that I was "a pretty boy"; I luckily don't have an ugly face. We studied together, gave her shoulder massages and I fell for her hard. I gave hints that I liked her, but she didn't respond well to them. A few months later, she started dating a 6' tall Asian dude. The guy was exactly like me in terms of looks and wealth and just about anything else. So I had a feeling that it was because I was short.

Fast forward a few months later, and I'm dating a rich girl. She wasn't as hot as the previous girl, but there was something nice about dating a rich girl. She brought me to different cities and paid for my plane tickets and hotel. We tried out fancy restaurants and ate really yummy foods. And I really enjoyed spending time with her.

After her were a string of long-term gfs with really no gap in between. There was always another girl who was interested in me waiting to date me. This is why I don't recommend this surgery if you're just doing it to get girls. Even though I was short (under 5'6"), I still got girls. It's true that each one was 5'5" or under. But there was always a girl who was interested in me. One of them was really pretty, too. All were Asians. No non-asians wanted to date me. Everyone of them who were interested in me were shorter than me. The only time I didn't have a girlfriend for a while was the year I spent chasing that 5'5" hot girl who ended up with the tall guy. That was a massive waste of my time. I told myself, "Don't ever just chase one girl and put her on a pedestal." This mentality eventually screwed me over later on as you'll read.

As a mid-20s 5'6" millionaire:
There is where things got interesting. Once you're a millionaire, the dating landscape changes by a lot. There's a reason why they say girls like dating rich guys. It's very very true. And the reason why I mentioned my rich girlfriend a few paragraphs back was because I've been on the other side of that type of relationship before. And it's really nice to not have to worry about money and be able to enjoy things that I otherwise couldn't afford to do. So I can see the appeal of wanting to date a rich guy.

This was when a lot of girls were interested in me and I had one-night-stands with cute girls. One time I even had 3 girls fighting to date to me at the same. I ended up sleeping with all three of them. If you really really want girls to like you, become rich. Some of the girls who rejected me before started talking to me after I became rich. I'm out of their league now, so I rejected them. I was no longer the beggar. I was now the chooser.

After having my "fun", I settled down with this awesome girl who became my last long-term girlfriend and also the longest. I took her around the world and showed her a great lifestyle. We were both deeply in love with each other. I think this was the first time I've ever fell in love. Throughout the relationship, hot girls would hang out with me and want to date me. "How?" you might ask. Here's where I was being an a$$hole: I kept a dating profile open, because I was curious if there was a better girl out there. But as I was hanging out with them, I still really wanted to be with my gf instead. Eventually I stopped using the dating profile and focused on my gf. My gf wasn't the prettiest girl I know, but she was very compatible with me. She was someone I could picture seeing myself with for the rest of my life. And during that time, I was truly happy. I had everything going for me. Life was good. And then that's when I found out about LL. And if you read my previous few updates, you'll understand why I did it. I did it because I wasn't happy with my looks. I remembered all those girls who I liked who rejected me for a taller guy. I no longer wanted that feeling again. When I looked in the mirror, I saw this short guy staring back at me. It was strange because in my mind, I'm like this 5'10" super hero playboy. But my body didn't match what my confidence was telling me I looked like. So I thought, what the heck. I have the time and money. Let's just get this last "flaw" out of my life. I did it for me - hence the username.

So I never did LL to get girls. I always got girls. It's true that not all of them were 10s. But looks didn't matter much to me, as long as the girl is a cool chick and we enjoy doing the same things together. You can find love as a short guy. You just gotta dress well, and umm... be rich. Also read a lot of relationship/dating books to figure out why girls don't like you. This helps. Most likely you just need to work out, eat well (low carbs), dress better, have awesome lifestyle pics, and treat girls like you would treat a bro instead of like putting them on a pedestal or treating them like trash. I don't believe in playing mind games with girls to get them to sleep with you. Maybe that's good for you in the short-term, but if you really want a girl to date you for a long time and be happy with dating you, communicate with her and don't play mind games.

The LL surgery:
So this is where things screwed up. My gf stayed with me during the lengthening period. While using my computer in the hotel we stayed at, she found that I had a dating profile open while I was dating her. This is where being an ahole came back to bite me in the ass. So while I never cheated on her physically, she felt cheated that I hung out with these other girls. In reality, I only hung out with two girls from the dating website for one date early in my relationship with her. And I never saw anyone else again from that dating website. But the problem was that I kept that dating profile open. I checked on it occasionally to see if any girls liked me, which was a pathetic ego thing that probably stemmed from when I used to get rejected all the time. And there were a few hundred girls who liked my profile. Most of them I didn't want to date. After a while I didn't even check on it. But she did. And she left me.

It was ironic, because I had commitment issues for many years. "Don't ever just chase one girl and put her on a pedestal." was my motto, remember? I was always curious if there were better options out there for me. And for the first time, I finally committed to a girl and decided to remain loyal to her. And she breaks up with me, because of something I did when I wasn't as committed in the past. I deserved it though. I spoke with her a few months ago after not seeing her for a while. And she told me why she broke up with me after I had asked. One of the major reasons was the dating profile, and another was because I was taller. I thought all girls liked taller guys. But apparently not her. She's now dating a guy shorter than me. I moved on after I found out that she was dating someone else. That's when I was ready to get back into the dating scene again. Which brings us to now...

As a 5'9" millionaire:
Right now is probably the pinnacle of my dating life. If you think about it, I'm quite the catch. Average height, millionaire, young, awesome lifestyle, generous, lots of free time, etc. I get like 5 or so messages a day from girls on dating apps when I don't do anything. But when I post things or update my dating profile, it goes to 10+ messages a day. A lot of the messages are asking me how I'm still single. This is probably the most interest girls have ever had with me. I also have a dating profile where I don't mention my wealth. So in that profile, I'm a 5'9" asian dude with a bunch of awesome lifestyle pics, but no mention that I'm rich. I only get like 2 messages a week in that profile. I created that profile because I didn't want girls to date me simply because I was rich. It would be amazing if some girl dated me and had no idea that I was rich. But in the real world, being rich helps a lot. If you're not rich, then being very good looking helps a lot. Problem is that I'm not like super good-looking. I'm also asian, and asian dudes don't do well on dating sites because there aren't many girls who want to date asian guys.

In other words, if I was simply taller, and not rich, my dating life wouldn't have been affected much. Sometimes people think that being taller would make girls swarm you, but it doesn't. Being rich does. In the online world, what attracts girls initially is good facial structure, wealth, and lifestyle. Then to get a girl on a date, you need a well-written profile and good communication skills - making her laugh helps. And after you attracted her and got a date, what makes a girl reject you is height, low self-esteem, lack of humor and bad personality.

And this is why I suggest guys who plan on doing this surgery to get dates to lie on their dating profile and change their height to 3 inches taller. You might be surprised to see that it makes almost no difference to how many girls are attracted to you or message you.

So fast-forward to today. I've been chatting and setting up dates with several really hot girls. And this is probably the first time I've been able to chat with 10s and they message me back quite consistently. Honestly, I'm quite surprised by how responsive the hot girls are to me now. When before, I rarely get messaged back from them. Most of them aren't even asian, so my race stopped being as much of an issue in the online dating world - though I still find the occasional girl who straight-up says that she only dates white guys. My height also stopped being a hindrance. I'd say maybe half the girls I've chatted with were taller than 5'5". So, this probably dropped the number of girls who reject me right away by a half. But if I were still 5'6", even just getting 2 message a day instead of 5 messages a day isn't so bad.

But dating isn't always about quantity, since you can only date marry one girl at a time anyway. In terms of quality, I have to admit that being the complete package made the hotness of girls I attract much higher. Unless you look like a model, I highly doubt that average guys attract the hotness of girls I'm attracting even if they were 6' tall. I know this because I changed that profile where I didn't mention my wealth to say that I'm 6' tall, and the number/hotness of girls who messaged me back didn't go up. Which is why I cringed a bit when someone mentioned that 5'10" guys on tinder are getting one-night-stands and blah blah blah. I mean, go ahead and experiment it for yourself. I think some short guys have this fantasy of sleeping with a lot of girls after being taller. I hate to say it, but I think the real reason why I'm attracting so many girls is because I'm rich af. Sorry, but your height isn't going to help you that much more unless you're already attracting girls before. Having said that, the last 5 girls I've been on dates with were 5'6", 5'7", 5'3", 5'7", and 5'9". And I have upcoming dates in the next few weeks or so with a 5'5", 5'7", same 5'9" girl, and unknown height girl. And it's not because only 4 girls want to date me. It's because I don't have the time to date all the other ones who have been messaging me. So the surgery did help widen the dating field a bit. If I was in my old height, my guess is that only half of them would have agreed to go on a date with me.

The irony now is that the girl who I'm most looking forward to dating is the unknown height girl who had been quietly liking my fb/insta pics for the past 3 years, including when I wasn't tall. She's the hottest girl I've ever spoken to and got a date with. In other words, I didn't need this surgery at all. She doesn't know my height, but she looks shorter than my previous height. That's what prompted me to write my update after my long hiatus from this forum. I was able to attract one of the hottest girls I've ever seen in my life without the height. The date might not go well and she might not end up being my wife or gf, but it doesn't matter to me. My lifestyle attracted her, and that must mean that I'm living a pretty good life. And that's why I'm happy and pretty content with myself.

And now you know why I don't recommend this surgery. I recommend becoming rich instead. And if being rich means not wasting $100,000 on a surgery, then don't do the surgery. But it's also why I don't regret this surgery. It helped me a bit, and I didn't lose much time/money relative to what I have.

In terms of lack of respect for being short and all that crap. That stuff was all in high school/college. Maybe it's in the corporate world too but I don't work in the corporate world. For the past few years, my success outshone the fact that I was short. That's why you'll notice that a lot of people considering LL are usually younger people. As you get older, your height doesn't matter as much anymore. The only thing left remaining was the inner demon that spawned from years of rejection from girls for being short. I know that some of you have that metaphorical demon, too. That's why I hope you guys can successfully fight that demon off. It took me getting this surgery for me to fight it off. I hope you don't have to go through what I had to endure to do the same.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:36:42 PM by DoingItForMe »
Link to my experience

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #545 on: February 05, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »

^

Damn, bravo man. This post feels like one of the most informative things I've read on here since I've been lurking. I can see now how you have pretty neutral feelings towards the surgery. I'm really happy for you.

Jack1066

« Reply #546 on: February 05, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »

What do you do then, if you aren't in the corporate world, but rich? And what counts as "rich" to you? It's all pretty relative.

re: height and women, I agree and it's good to see this. I don't think height absolutely counts that much, it's just if you're taller you'll probably reach the cut off point of more women overall, up to a certain point. I think other than the cut-off it's not a very important thing for attractiveness.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #547 on: February 05, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »

What do you do then, if you aren't in the corporate world, but rich? And what counts as "rich" to you? It's all pretty relative.

re: height and women, I agree and it's good to see this. I don't think height absolutely counts that much, it's just if you're taller you'll probably reach the cut off point of more women overall, up to a certain point. I think other than the cut-off it's not a very important thing for attractiveness.

I mean did you see the heights of the girls he's recently been on dates on? The only rule is: just be taller (or as tall as) the girl.

Jack1066

« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

There's no hard and fast "rule" but that's the safest one.

That said I think about 4-8 inches is the golden difference for compatibility (human beings are sxxually dimorphic by around that range on average, I think around average height is honestly the best when it comes to biological attraction), but what the f**k, like I said before height is only one of many things that is taken into consideration.

Bander72

« Reply #549 on: February 06, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

If only it were easy to be rich. :'(
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Jack1066

« Reply #550 on: February 06, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »

If I was rich I'd do fk all with my life, though. Assuming I was rich and lazy.

Alu

« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »

One is kinda for old times sake (if you know me well that is). But, in light of who it came from, if you feel it's in bad taste feel free to ignore: that comment about disproportionation, was that just about femur to tibia, or also applies to leg to torso? Would it have been noticeable if it the increase was perfectly balanced on both segments?

Lastly, what now man? What's your plan and when should we expect another update? From what I can tell you definitely want to start moving on.

So if you don't mind, DIFM, I don't think you answered these questions yet lol. Might have missed them with all that stuff that was going on that day I posted it. But I'm still curious.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »

I greatly appreciate the honesty man. Really do. On top of that I do find myself happiest when I'm far away from the forums at that. ("Heightism" just doesn't really affect me).

So I have to ask 2 questions now after all of this.

One is kinda for old times sake (if you know me well that is). But, in light of who it came from, if you feel it's in bad taste feel free to ignore: that comment about disproportionation, was that just about femur to tibia, or also applies to leg to torso? Would it have been noticeable if it the increase was perfectly balanced on both segments?

Lastly, what now man? What's your plan and when should we expect another update? From what I can tell you definitely want to start moving on.
It was femur to tibia ratio. I had short legs to begin with, so the leg to torso ratio actually looks fine now. But when I bend my knees, it looks very weird because my thighs are really long, but my shins are very short.

This is what I used to look like: https://i.stack.imgur.com/XlI2F.jpg

Now I look like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/qqeedz.jpg or the asian guy in the center of this pic except imagine if my feet started where his socks start: https://ninamatsumoto.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/athletes05.jpg

What now? I'm done with thinking about all this. My next update will probably be when I'm ready to get my rods removed and I'll let you guys know how that goes.
Link to my experience

Peaceout

« Reply #553 on: February 07, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »

That update was hugeee!Thanks man!

Tiger5

• Visitor
« Reply #554 on: February 11, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »

Hey DIFM, thanks for all of your updates,
Did you get the two femur precice rods removed yet?
If yes, would you mind briefly telling us how that experience was, were you able to walk out of there and drive away like I heard is the case?  Anything you can add is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
T

Alu

« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »

Hey DIFM, thanks for all of your updates,
Did you get the two femur precice rods removed yet?
If yes, would you mind briefly telling us how that experience was, were you able to walk out of there and drive away like I heard is the case?  Anything you can add is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
T

What now? I'm done with thinking about all this. My next update will probably be when I'm ready to get my rods removed and I'll let you guys know how that goes.

EndGame

« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »

DIFM, great diary. Thank you for sharing.

You mentioned the gap in bone is still barely progressing. In the past when you mentioned that issue you seemed to be concerned that a bone graft would be needed. Did Paley tell you it won't be needed after your last x-ray? Hope so.

Regarding dating updates, I was surprised to learn you mention your money in dating profiles so directly. I'd assumed it would come across poorly, like a guy walking up to a girl I a bar and saying I'm a millionaire can I buy you a drink. Of course, women say it's tacky to do a shirtless pic to show off a six pack, but some guys say it actually works well. I don't have six pack abs so I can't test my profile with or without such a pic lol. Perhaps the lifestyle pics make it credible (unlike an empty claim of riches at a bar) and it works great even though I can't picture women saying it would work. Did you find there were good ways vs bad ways to highlight your success in your profile? In terms of either how many more women are interested or getting more vs less just gold digger types? From what you write I'm not at your level of success but I've found having success helps me not surprisingly. However, I generally found leading overtly with money brings in the wrong women for me. One poster mentioned how his mom left his dad after the financial crisis and he lost his high paying job. Maybe it's not realistic to think I'd like the benefit of attracting a woman I couldn't get without money to not just care about the money so much... I found pre LL being short was a big disadvantage, and that success made a big difference but didn't like feeling like money was such big factor. Perhaps, since a woman could never divorce me and take half my height I like the feeling I get when a woman is into me in large part due to being tall but I don't like that feeling when it's money. Odd to me in some ways given both money and height are superficial so why should I care one vs the other... You always seem very insightful and wise in a way to me in your diary. I'd love to get any thoughts on this stuff you wouldn't mind sharing.

Hope your happiness continues! Congrats!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »

How is your dating life post LL endgame?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up